I Wanna Be Serious Here...

ABMorales787

Lord And Master
Staff member
Administrator
I do. I wanted to talk to you guys here, in the Bar Room about something. See, today is my grandma's birthday... She is currently in the hospital. Why? Alcohol poisoning. See, she came down for a visit and took us to a restaurant. The service was lousy and she was drunk by that point. We were mad but she was making a total show of it and we had to tell her to cool off because things were getting out of hand. On the way home, she started saying she was losing control (referring to us for not letting her drink more). She was saying she wanted to leave because she had some business to attend to and visit some relatives. It was not true as her intension's were to spend the weekend with me and my folks. She was using it as an excuse to go drink more. When we got home the first thing I did was to get rid of the Vodka. The first thing she did was ask for it. She got mad at me. In a twist of fate, her keys went missing. She then began to blame me saying I was playing a prank. It got worse when she said she would kill me if it was me. Normally, I wouldn't care much, she's drunk. But when I looked at her, she looked dead serious, and it hurt me. In our family, I'm always the one looking out for her while everyone else takes advantage of her. She's helped me a lot, and I've always been more than appreciative about it. I never hid the keys. I just didn't want her to get worse, but she did. She went to the outside storage shed and began to drink "pitorro". That is extremely potent and she drank it like beer.

What I'm trying to point out here are 2 things:

1) You don't need alcohol to have a good time. I'm not saying don't, just do it right and always have control.

2) I hope nobody else, especially around my age have to go through all this. I know I act crazy here and stupid, but to be honest, the forums here have become a release from my ever degenerating life. Similar stuff has happened to me in the past, but this is the first time it has actually hurt me.

Thank you​

I was in somewhat of a similar situation back when my grandpa was alive. Holocaust survivor, alcoholic, and an all around jack ass. I could tell you stories that'll make you piss in your pants but that'll take too much time.

I do. I wanted to talk to you guys here, in the Bar Room about something. See, today is my grandma's birthday... She is currently in the hospital. Why? Alcohol poisoning. See, she came down for a visit and took us to a restaurant. The service was lousy and she was drunk by that point. We were mad but she was making a total show of it and we had to tell her to cool off because things were getting out of hand. On the way home, she started saying she was losing control (referring to us for not letting her drink more). She was saying she wanted to leave because she had some business to attend to and visit some relatives. It was not true as her intension's were to spend the weekend with me and my folks. She was using it as an excuse to go drink more. When we got home the first thing I did was to get rid of the Vodka. The first thing she did was ask for it. She got mad at me. In a twist of fate, her keys went missing. She then began to blame me saying I was playing a prank. It got worse when she said she would kill me if it was me. Normally, I wouldn't care much, she's drunk. But when I looked at her, she looked dead serious, and it hurt me. In our family, I'm always the one looking out for her while everyone else takes advantage of her. She's helped me a lot, and I've always been more than appreciative about it. I never hid the keys. I just didn't want her to get worse, but she did. She went to the outside storage shed and began to drink "pitorro". That is extremely potent and she drank it like beer.

What I'm trying to point out here are 2 things:

1) You don't need alcohol to have a good time. I'm not saying don't, just do it right and always have control.

2) I hope nobody else, especially around my age have to go through all this. I know I act crazy here and stupid, but to be honest, the forums here have become a release from my ever degenerating life. Similar stuff has happened to me in the past, but this is the first time it has actually hurt me.

Thank you​

You did the right thing man. I hope everything goes ok. :)

I mean this in the nicest way possible, but this is something that doesn't need to be in the Bar Room. Most of us know better, some don't. But if you need someone to talk to, I'm sure you've made some decent chaps on here to PM and stuff.

That being said... you did the right thing. And she needs help. Rehab would be a good move for her. The hospital will help, too.

I mean this in the nicest way possible, but this is something that doesn't need to be in the Bar Room. Most of us know better, some don't. But if you need someone to talk to, I'm sure you've made some decent chaps on here to PM and stuff.

It's not me wanting to talk to someone. I wanted to give out a message. Thats why I posted it here. It gets your attention. But if you feel the need to move it elsewhere, feel free. I did my job.
That being said... you did the right thing. And she needs help. Rehab would be a good move for her. The hospital will help, too.

This is the first time its happened to her. In the past, similar things have happened to other relatives and they've made the change following those events. Hopefully tomorrow morning she does too.

I've been through some shit in my life, some shit I would never wish on anyone. Drunk Grandmas don't really even begin to scratch the surface with me, but fuck.

You did the right thing, dude. Drunks, especially angry drunks, escalate fast.

Sorry man. That's terrible. I feel terrible because the first thing that came to my mind was...

Did you ask her if she accepts StraightEdge into her life

Trust me, if she was drunk and got upset at you for "hiding the keys" (Which you didn't do), she will realize what she did wrong when she gets better, and will probably thank you for it. People drink, say stupid stuff, and usally don't mean it. But I do hope that she is OK, that the alcohol poisoning passes.

Also, I just wanna say that it's nice that some people in the Bar Room still have respect for people. If half the people on the forums posted a story like this, myself included, they'd be jumped and attacked for it. Good to see some decent people still around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back