Hulk Hogan will slaughter the Undertaker

Hulkamaniac

Vote Hogan, Savage, Rocky and Thesz
He should, anyways.

NON-KAYFABE

Drawing Power

This is unquestionably Hogan's category. He's arguably the best draw of all time, inarguably a top 3 draw of all time. The Undertaker is a solid draw, but he's also a gimmick performer, and he's never carried the company on his back like Hogan did.

Work Rate

This category goes to the Dead Man, even though Hogan is vastly underrated in this area. Still, the Undertaker worked like no big man before or after him, incorporating all different styles into his matches.

Historical Significance

Hulk Hogan is arguably the greatest professional wrestler of all time. The Undetaker is arguably the greatest gimmick wrestler of all time. No offense to the Undertaker, but this belongs to Hogan, who has inspired far more wrestlers and helped shape how they talk and act.

Charisma

Unquestionably Hogan's category. The Undertaker isn't a sluch, he has natural charisma, no doubt. But Hogan is arguably the most charismatic man in wrestling history, and got over largely based on his charisma. When Hogan is in the ring, every eye is on him, and he holds the crowd in the palm of his hand like only a couple of other men in wrestling history. Also, it's worth noting that both men have two of the most memorable entrances of all time.

Promo

An interesting category, actually. Hogan has shown a very good versatility to his promo's, cutting great 80's style face promos and excellent heel promos as the leader of the nWo. Hogan has been cheered louder as a face and booed louder as a heel then the Undertaker has. Undertaker is interesting because he's essentially a heel that gets cheered. His character has a dark/evil essence to it, but he's still over. His promos are very much the same, but they still carry a lot of weight to me, although I understand they have grown boring to some, I still like them. I'll call it a draw.

Professional Success

Hulk Hogan is a 12 time world champion, Undertaker is a 7 time champion (3 WWF/E, 4 World Heavyweight). Undertaker has held all of his world titles for a combined (get ready for this...I'm going to separate it out, because it's probably not something your aware of, but it's very important to the argument):

Undertaker's TOTAL amount of days holding a world title: 445 days

Hulk Hogan's FIRST REIGN AS WWF/E CHAMPION: 1,474 days

Hulk Hogan's FIRST REIGN AS WCW CHAMPION: 469 days

That's right, Hulk Hogan's first title reign was 4 times as long as the total time Undertaker has EVER held a World Title, and Hogan has two title reigns in his career that are longer then the entirety of Undertaker's reigns as world champion. Hulk Hogan's total time holding a world title in the WWE is 2,185 days. His total time in WCW is 1,177 days. That puts him as the #2 total time as champion in WWF/E (behind Bruno Sammartino) and #1 total time as champion in WCW (ahead of Ric Flair).

I think that paints a pretty clear picture of who is the more professionally successful and who was seen as capable of carrying the company. Undertaker is a gimmick guy. A GREAT gimmick guy, but a gimmick guy.

KAYFABE

In a kayfabe match up, Hulk Hogan wins as well. In his prime, Hulk Hogan always found a way to win. He lost to Ultimate Warrior famously, and he lost to the Undertaker himself due to outside interference from Ric Flair and Paul Bearer, not something you can count on in this match up. Undertaker's prime gimmick revolved around him stunningly sitting up from every attack, but he lost more then you think he did. His high risk style is devastating, and his finisher is devastating (I'm counting the Tombstone as is finisher), but Hogan has kicked out of it before, and he would again, following with a Hulk Up, Big Boot, and Leg Drop. Hogan would have a strength edge and a heart edge (remember, kayfabe), while Undertaker would have an agility edge. Both guys were very resilient (in different ways), but Undertaker could eventually be put down...Hogan usually could not.

Vote Hogan.

I'm fairly certain that the Undertaker dragged Hogan around his ring like a bitch.

Besides, Hogan can't climb a cage or a ladder.

Before I recognized who posted that, I was going to tell them they are fucking stupid. But I assume you're referring to the stupid logic applied in previous Tournaments.

Simply put, Hulkamaniac is right, Hogan wins this and it shouldn't be close. There is NOTHING the Undertaker has which justifies him going over Hogan, NOTHING. Hogan has won more World titles, has held them longer, was a bigger draw, wrestled longer, was more popular and more hated, and revolutionized the business twice. The Undertaker is a career sideshow, who's best drawing attribute is when he's not the champion.

The fact that Undertaker will get even 20 votes is an absolute travesty. But hey, he wrestles currently, and Hogan got rich, so clearly we should vote for Undertaker.

The hardest matches for Hogan to win appears to be either the Ultimate Submission or Last Man Standing.

Even though I love the Undertaker, Hogan should win decisively but he hasn't done great in gimmick matches and this might not be his year again.

The Undertaker is extremely overrated in gimmick matches. I believe he's barely won most of his HIAC matches, lost every one of his Buried Alive matches, and won half of his casket matches if I'm not mistaken.

Unless the gimmick match favours Taker (I.E. Submission or even Ladder) then Hogan should win. The fact is, despite Undertaker pinning Hogan for the world title, twice, both times were as dirty as the red light district of Amsterdam. He had Flair and Vince to help him out the last two times as well as a steel chair on BOTH occasions. Hogan should win unless the stimpulation is in Taker's favour

Why would a ladder match favor The Undertaker? The Undertaker is taller than Hogan and weighs as much as he does. In what world does a ladder match favor the Undertaker?

Some of you people have absolutely no common sense. The ONLY match that would favor the Undertaker would be a coffin match, for obvious reasons. Everything else goes in favor of Hogan.

In what way does The Ladder help Taker? He's got more experience. To my knowledge, Undertaker has competed in two (Okay yes one was a TLC but he still had to climb the ladder) and I don't believe Hogan has competed in any. I may be wrong here however. I once again will say that Submission favours Undertaker also.

In what way does The Ladder help Taker? He's got more experience. To my knowledge, Undertaker has competed in two (Okay yes one was a TLC but he still had to climb the ladder) and I don't believe Hogan has competed in any. I may be wrong here however. I once again will say that Submission favours Undertaker also.

What exactly makes climbing a ladder hard? Hell, I did it multiple times on Wednesday. Having "experience" means absolutely nothing when climbing a ladder is something done by nearly all men in their life, and many women.

That's a foolish argument. As far as submissions go, the match would end in a draw. The Real American in his prime would never give up to a submission, and the Undertaker is dead. That match wouldn't favor anyone.

Everything else goes in favor of Hogan.

Depends if you make it a "Wrestlemania streak vs something" or simply a "Wrestlemania streak" match.. hogan would be pretty helpless then I would believe.

And I think it's kind of a shame, cause from a personal opinion, I'd much rather see Undertaker proceed in this tournament than Hulk Hogan..

Hogan is in some deep trouble. Name the ONE person in this tournament that Hogan could lose too and not much would be said about it? The Undertaker. Taker beat Hogan during Hulkamania, despite help from Flair. But he beat him. And not many can say that during this time. Maybe Ultimate Warrior.

I'm voting Hogan because quite frankly, I grew up watching him and Taker won it already. Or I may not vote at all.

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

The hardest matches for Hogan to win appears to be either the Ultimate Submission or Last Man Standing.

Even though I love the Undertaker, Hogan should win decisively but he hasn't done great in gimmick matches and this might not be his year again.

The Undertaker is extremely overrated in gimmick matches. I believe he's barely won most of his HIAC matches, lost every one of his Buried Alive matches, and won half of his casket matches if I'm not mistaken.

Taker actually has won the first Buried Alive Match, he was subsequently buried in the grave after the match was over.

His HIAC record is currently out of 10 Cells, Won 5, Lost 4 and one was a No Contest. That being said, one of the losses was the 6 Man Cell and two of them were lost via interference (against HBK and Batista), he's only lost cleanly to Brock Lesnar in a Cell.

I still think Taker has Hogan's number, he's beaten Hogan in their first ever encounter (regardless of Flair interference) and yet Taker has still dominated over the Red and Yellow. Regardless of title lengths and others means, I think Hulkamania's run will close here. If it's a singles match, Hogan MAY have a chance, anything with the rules running wild, Taker would beat the crap out of him.

Dominated? He needed Flair's interference to beat HOgan, and couldn't even pull that off twice, since Flair also interfered in the rematch and Hogan still won. I mean, you give the Undertaker excuses for losign his HIAC matches by blaming interferencess, but pretend like it's no big deal that he got interference in both of his wins over Hogan.

Undertaker is most effective the first time you face him, due to the fact that he has a unique style and a unique mystique (the "sit up" thing). The second time and beyond it's an easier match up. Hogan would smash him. And non-kayfabe it's not even a contest.

Non kayfabe it goes to Hogan and even with kayfabe the only gimmick match I see the Undertaker with an advantage in would be the ultimate submission match. And that's only because I don't think I've ever seen Hogan use a submission outside of maybe a bear hug, or the test of strength if that's even considered a submission.

Non kayfabe it goes to Hogan and even with kayfabe the only gimmick match I see the Undertaker with an advantage in would be the ultimate submission match. And that's only because I don't think I've ever seen Hogan use a submission outside of maybe a bear hug, or the test of strength if that's even considered a submission.

He's busted out a camel clutch in the past, but that's about it. In a submission match, Hogan would indeed struggle.

The Undertaker is taller than Hogan -- In what world does a ladder match favor the Undertaker?

He's taller so he has to climb fewer rungs?

I'm of the opinion that there's a huge difference between climbing a ladder at home, for example to clip branches off a tree that are encroaching on a neighbours property, and climbing a ladder in a wrestling match. Admittedly I've never participated in a ladder match, but I've also never tried to climb a ladder in everyday life that has had somebody on the bottom either trying to knock me off or chase me up it.

So as it's warm outside what I'm suggesting is that you look for somebody in their garden, possibly painting their garden shed, and observe them for a while. You'll notice that they do it with relative ease and don't look like they're in any danger of falling off. Then I suggest you go over to the ladder and stat shaking it and see if they fall off or at the very least try to climb down.

It's safe to say that climbing a stationary ladder to change a light bulb and climbing a ladder during a match are completely different things, unless there's a rogue cat involved.

This is tricky but really we should vote for Hogan based on the stats and his impact on wrestling in general but another thing to look at is that Hogan defeated The Undertaker when he was in his prime at Backlash 2002 for the undisputed championship. Any who if the match is submission, casket or hell in a cell I will give it to Taker. Anything else and Hogan advances.

This is tricky but really we should vote for Hogan based on the stats and his impact on wrestling in general but another thing to look at is that Hogan defeated The Undertaker when he was in his prime at Backlash 2002 for the undisputed championship. Any who if the match is submission, casket or hell in a cell I will give it to Taker. Anything else and Hogan advances.

Sorry to tell ya this, but this match already happened. Taker beat Hogan, hence why he was facing Cena.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back