Is "Hollywood Hogan" Who Hulk Hogan Really is?

The answer to this is yes. Hogan got his leg broken by Hiro Matsuda in the first real training session he had and ever since then he's made a promise to himself not to be outdone by anyone and learned how to defend himself properly in the ring but at the same time if he did actually get hurt he hid the fact and thats actually whats let to the crippling long term injuries he has now. So his ego has been detrimental to his health but over all good for his finances. You could almost say he sold his soul for money and fame. He was almost just a big loser before wrestling and then became a party boy while he was on top and the money and parties went to his head.

Business wise he has taken the same kind of approach of not coming off second best and making sure things usually go to his own advantage. The one contradiction to this way of thinking is how he seemed to always be trying to be the guy who jobbed to "the next big star" to boost their success like what Andre the giant did for him. (warrior, goldberg, the rock).
However even that contradiction is still a selfish act because he just wants to take credit for it. He actually considers himself the man who made the Undertaker popular cause he let undertaker cheat to beat him and be champion for a week. He could be right that success helped keep Undertaker around cause champions were few back then and it probably did help the undertaker but it didn't make him the mega star he is now that was done through The Undertakers own long career.

To wrap it up all really successful people are completely full of themselves and not very good listeners and thats why Hulk Hogan got successful because of his ability to take and not give back and get away with it so he's no different to your average school yard bully but his looks, size, charisma and personality combined when he was young did make wrestling more popular than it ever was so you have to give him credit for that. Having said that, personally I don't believe he ever didn't put anyone over who needed to be and I can see why he didn't put bret hart over cause I never liked him anyway and thought he was crap and I don't apologize for saying that, Bret Hart in my opinion could bore a rabid dog to sleep. I'm a fan of Hulk Hogan probably more than any other wrestler but I can see the truth about most people and the man certainly is as self absorbed in his own mind as the character "Hollywood Hogan"

Never met the man on a personal basis. I've heard a lot about him third-hand from people who have reasons to be biased.

If I was going to make a judgement on what someone was really like, I'd prefer to know the person on a basis a little bit closer than "I saw him on TV and read about him on the internet." I have people I see every day whom I don't know what they're really like. It seems sort of fanboi-ish to me to comment, pro-or-con, on his personal life, when all that I've seen of it is from TMZ.

Short answer: Watch less TV, folks, it is killing your brains.

In pro wrestling everyone is working everyone. I highly doubt Punk is as anti-establishment as he makes himself out to be. He's smart and he knows his audience. He knows how to work it. Obviously, there is a smidget of real life to every character so who knows.

My point is even a guy like Punk, a guy generally seen as legit, SHOULD be questioned. I don't know who Hogan is. I don't care. Hogan is smart, Hogan is always working people. I think the real Hulk Hogan is a guy who is trying to make a living and will do whatever it takes (as he should) to make sure that happens.

Didnt the Immortal Hulkster put over Billy Kidman 3 matches in a row?? hes not all bad. soon people are going to be saying undertaker is an asshole because hes undefeated at Wrestlemania

So let me ask you this...would you be stupid enough to let some 17 year ol tell you to hop in car with him while under the influence of alcohol? Lance Corporal Graziano made his own choice and as a Marine he violated his oath and commitment to be a responsible citizen. I do not wish that such a horrible thing had happened to him but his accountability in this matter should not be forgotten. Even though I will concede that Hogan's celebrity and fame has given Nick Bollea an overinflated sense of self-entitlement. That still does not change the responsibility of other parties involved.
we arent on base, we are civilains and we adhere to the constitution not the military uniform code of justice. Lance Corporal Graziano was not driving... i think of Nick Bollea had made it clear he was drunk, Graziano would not had gone on a 862 mph ride with that bonehead. Show me proof he knew what he was gettin in to. Can you do better then the word of the defendant? And again even if it was Graziano's bad call, Hogan should had put his son in check. He fed into his sons non shellantness then takked reality ttv withhim. So he went from inept father to hollywood agent in a matter of seconds..

Pfft...let's not compare religious upheaval with what we're talking about here. I challenged the point of a poster who said something and I backed up my point. Looking forward to hearing what you have to say.
the only standards an accuser needs to meet is the truth. You dont hhave to be on Hogan's level to observe him acting up and speak out against it. Hulkamania was never a one man show. He needed fueds with Savage, Orndorff, Warrior, Andre, Piper, Sting, Flair, and others to stay afloat. It does not matter if Flair's book says Hogan just wantedto pprotect his spot to stay well, when givin large amounts of power, he did not excersize large amounts of responsibility. He show a complete lack of maturity for a guy in his forties, and now late fifties.
Not everyone is in aww of him like u.. sum folks just wanna wrestle. Some are content with their card spot. I respect the guy who knows keepin the company healthy and stable will assure he eats that night and a year or two from that point too. Its a team sport. If hogan is above that let him go on a tour by himself and let him fight the ring liKe Flair loves to do and see if that sells out MSG..
So are Sting and Bret Hart on your rolodex? I doubt it, also didn't Bret Hart cheat on his wife, I could have sworn I read that in his book? I mean don't get me wrong Hogan has done the same thing, but if what Bret Hart says is true about those extramarital affairs he had, then why would you consider Bret Hart to be an ethical person? Hell I'm one of his biggest fans but like what Hulk Hogan said about John Graziano's plight, I have to admit I can't say I am overly impressed with Bret Hart cheating on his wife. But then again I happen to be a fan of storylines and the artform of professional wrestling, not backstage bullshit that I am not privy to. Sounds like you could take a hint...
I dont care about that. Get it why the gettin is good as far as girls go. I dint cheat but i certainly have nothing against my fellow bro who does. I meant his work ethic. Hes not all give me give me in the work place. The business is the only link i have to these guyz. What they do off the clock does not affect me at all.That egotistical bullshit is why Napoleon spent has last years on an island and il Duce was last seen hangin from a meat hook.. Egomania is a means to an end and WCW's demise and TNA's inability to quit taking on water is a case and point. Your like a crony or a goon or something. Maybe Hogan was wrestling but his fuckin problem was he thought he was above wrestling. All you do is excuse the unexcusable by pointing to his past work. You are his yes man..
Hahaha, this one is too funny..yeah we get it you're not a Hulk Hogan fan but don't deny the fact that he made wrestling mainstream, period. Him getting offers to show up on TV Shows and movies indeed DID help other wrestlers have a better gateway into crossover success. Again you fail so miserably by trying to use the President analogy.
I was and I still love the NWO. But when i grew up i realized how intricate the components of our sport are. From the set, writers, stability, wrestlers, trainers, managers, management, advertising, name recognition, etc. When I got older I saw how some gyys bogarted the mainevents.how old heads acted as if they were young forever. How other wrestlers could veto other wrestlers. How some where rogue and insubordinate. When WCW went off the air i did not even comprehend why. I would later realize the role the brass and some wrestlers played in the whole mess. The day I got wise was the day i realized Hogan was one of the cancers.
Him taking us out of the territory system means nothing to me. Rather have ten regional feds doing fair then some mega wrestling corp. Taking up all the resources and fumbling with wrestlers do to a too large roster. The Rock got his role because he is tge quentecential action star with the build and the look. Nash was Super Shredder because of his size. Savage was BoneSaw McGRAW because he was the epitome of a kayfabe wrestling persona.Hogans movies and shows all sucked, how can a failure set the stage for a successful individual?:wtf: Maybe Sting owes Hogan a thanx for his ground breaking role in Shutter Speed
Again you go and claim a stake in the wrestling business and you find out what's really going on backstage. Then you can tell us all about who deserves pull backstage and who doesn't.
no one deserves pull.. the writers and competent management are the only people who should be in control. They can self tweak their characters and persona but thats it. What a stupid thing to say jose. Should inmates have pull with the warden too? Lmao Jose Ole get me a tacquito bitch!!

Again, if you can go beyond the role of just a wrestling fan debating topics on a forum like this one then you can feel free to speak even more freely on this topic when trying to debunk other people's points. Until then maybe it's you who should STFU, jackhole? And you have the audacity to call people "stupid wrestling marks". Dumbfuck...:lmao:[/QUOTE]

we arent on base, we are civilains and we adhere to the constitution not the military uniform code of justice. Lance Corporal Graziano was not driving... i think of Nick Bollea had made it clear he was drunk, Graziano would not had gone on a 862 mph ride with that bonehead. Show me proof he knew what he was gettin in to. Can you do better then the word of the defendant? And again even if it was Graziano's bad call, Hogan should had put his son in check. He fed into his sons non shellantness then takked reality ttv withhim. So he went from inept father to hollywood agent in a matter of seconds..

Doesn't matter asshole, Lance Corporal Graziano was an individual under a contractual obligation to the United States Marines Corps, and again he was of age while Nick Bollea was under age. Again a 22 year old allowing a 17 year old to act like a delinquent, give me a break. Yes, there's no justifying Hogan's antics in talking business in his son's jail cell. But Hogan won't be the first nor will he be the last celebrity to put his foot in his mouth. But let's not ignore the facts here about the Marine in question either. Again a tragedy but definitely one that I feel could have been just as avoidable on his part too.

It matters not if you are on base or not the Uniform Code of Military Justice will follow a Marine or any other service member no matter where he or she goes. In the case of a Marine it’s definitely drilled into our heads that we are Marines 24/7, trust me. Lance Corporal Graziano did not need to be driving in order to get in trouble. It's only through his unfortunate incapacitation that he did not face any charges from the UCMJ.

the only standards an accuser needs to meet is the truth. You dont hhave to be on Hogan's level to observe him acting up and speak out against it. Hulkamania was never a one man show. He needed fueds with Savage, Orndorff, Warrior, Andre, Piper, Sting, Flair, and others to stay afloat. It does not matter if Flair's book says Hogan just wantedto pprotect his spot to stay well, when givin large amounts of power, he did not excersize large amounts of responsibility. He show a complete lack of maturity for a guy in his forties, and now late fifties.

HAHAHA!!! Someone's using the Ric Flair book as gospel to base their opinions of Hulk Hogan off of!! Hahaha...we are talking about the same Ric Flair who's been married like four times and owes people assloads of money. You're going to cite his ghost written kayfabe fluff to determine that Hulk Hogan is immature. Oh put a cork in it you stupid cunt. Weren’t you the people calling other fans marks a while back, all the while you cite Ric Flair’s tell all autobio as your gospel for trying to sell us part of your stance on Hulk Hogan?

Not everyone is in aww of him like u.. sum folks just wanna wrestle. Some are content with their card spot. I respect the guy who knows keepin the company healthy and stable will assure he eats that night and a year or two from that point too. Its a team sport. If hogan is above that let him go on a tour by himself and let him fight the ring liKe Flair loves to do and see if that sells out MSG..

I believe the words you are looking for are "awe" and "some". And "Hogan fight the ring like Flair" what in the blue hell are you trying to say you dumbass?

I dont care about that. Get it why the gettin is good as far as girls go. I dint cheat but i certainly have nothing against my fellow bro who does. I meant his work ethic.

I "dint" think so...you said ethics plain and simple. If you had meant work ethic the first time, you'd have said it. Like I said bottom line I really don't care if Bret's stories are true or not in this book. But the fact is this, entertainers are not humanitarians, it’s not in their job description. Period.

Bottom line I look at all those books like Flair and Bret's to be glorified kayfabe, entertaining without a doubt but as far as looking to them as a source of education, no thanks. If you have that mindset like it's clear you do then you're a complete fucking ******. You don't know what the hell you mean you jackass.

Hes not all give me give me in the work place. The business is the only link i have to these guyz. What they do off the clock does not affect me at all.

Hahaha! Bullshit, you have no link to these people in the first place you complete moron. You know of their characters that they portray on screen and NOTHING more. Obviously what they do off the clock does affect you or else you wouldn't be talking to me on this internet forum right now. Ever think of that?

That egotistical bullshit is why Napoleon spent has last years on an island and il Duce was last seen hangin from a meat hook.. Egomania is a means to an end and WCW's demise and TNA's inability to quit taking on water is a case and point. Your like a crony or a goon or something. Maybe Hogan was wrestling but his fuckin problem was he thought he was above wrestling.

HAHAHA, oh man please keep it coming, I love this idiocy. I really do. I shouldn't overload on this stuff I read from idiots like you. But it’s like a wreck I can’t look away. Look man, bottom line is this yeah I am a Hogan fan so what, and you know what I choose to defend certain points about him. Sorry if that causes an insufferable amount of sand to wind up in your clit. But if the best you can do is mention "WCW's demise and TNA's inability to improve (which I call bullshit on)" and also label me as a crony just shows you're the fucking dumbass in this equation.

All you do is excuse the unexcusable by pointing to his past work. You are his yes man..

Now I am starting to think that you're the Ultimate Warrior...again I challenged someone's point about Hogan never losing in his matches and a few other finer points and I called bullshit and I backed my statements up, that said user has not replied since.

I was and I still love the NWO. But when i grew up i realized how intricate the components of our sport are. From the set, writers, stability, wrestlers, trainers, managers, management, advertising, name recognition, etc. When I got older I saw how some gyys bogarted the mainevents.how old heads acted as if they were young forever. How other wrestlers could veto other wrestlers. How some where rogue and insubordinate. When WCW went off the air i did not even comprehend why. I would later realize the role the brass and some wrestlers played in the whole mess. The day I got wise was the day i realized Hogan was one of the cancers.

You did not see shit, you heard about things but you did not see them, get it straight. Again show me the proof you worked for AOL Time Warner/WCW and that you were actually privy to matters. I love how morons like you swear by this internet hoopla as gospel. This is even funnier coming from a simpleton like you by calling people "stupid wrestling marks". You are not wise, you are the mark you accuse others of being. Hey I am one too at times I won’t lie, case in point with Hogan but I don’t accuse other people of the things you do.

I've never said Hogan never had an ego but I can assure you that he was only one of many in that company. Again let's not forget that folks like Vince Russo and David Arquette were WCW World Champions, if Hogan had as much pull as dumbfucks like you so believe, I sincerely doubt those two title changes would have ever happened.

Let's be honest with ourselves for just one minute and factor in the possibility that WCW was a powder keg of multiple egos with a corporate stranglehold on it to boot. Those dynamics were anything but good for the promotion. It’s a lot more plausible a belief than the bullshit you’re spewing.

Him taking us out of the territory system means nothing to me. Rather have ten regional feds doing fair then some mega wrestling corp. Taking up all the resources and fumbling with wrestlers do to a too large roster.

Oh so it was Hogan's complete fault now that wrestling is no longer in the regional/territory system. Hmmm...my that's a an angle I've never seen before, I could have sworn it was Vince McMahon's idea to raid talent from rosters like the AWA and Jim Crockett Promotions in order to make his World Wrestling Federation truly be just that...a World Wrestling Federation. Hogan went along for the ride and teamed up with Vince as Vince’s biggest star. Verne Gagne could have probably done the same thing had he wanted to keep Hogan around but I don’t know for sure that raiding talent rosters was necessarily Hogan’s idea. Although you seem to have your mind pretty well made up, don’t you?

The Rock got his role because he is tge quentecential action star with the build and the look. Nash was Super Shredder because of his size. Savage was BoneSaw McGRAW because he was the epitome of a kayfabe wrestling persona.Hogans movies and shows all sucked, how can a failure set the stage for a successful individual?

I think you meant quintessential. I’m sorry to turn this into a spelling bee but again if you want to have your point taken seriously, maybe you should keep a better eye on how you spell your words. Now, I never said that Hogan's movies were good, but again I don't remember him bombing out of the movie theater like Steve Austin did with The Condemned. Since that film all of Austin's films went straight to the Wal-Mart 5 Dollar Bin, which admittedly some of Hogan's shitfests are too.

But bottom line is this, Hogan had multiple movie releases in first run theaters, yes we can laugh at the cheese factor in flicks like No Holds Barred, Suburban Commando and Mr. Nanny but fact is for a PRO WRESTLER something like that back in the day was unheard of. At best wrestlers like Ox Baker, Ted DiBiase and Terry Funk only got minor parts in films starring A-List actors and nothing more.

If things weren't at least at a marginal level of success then I can guarantee you the first and last you'd have seen of Hogan in a starring role in the movie theaters was No Holds Barred. Obviously the studios were satisfied enough to give Hogan a couple of more big screen roles and that they did. Granted the box office run didn’t last forever but three starring roles in a cinema for a professional wrestler was a precedent. Just because you have an obvious hatred and bias towards Hulk Hogan doesn't change that fact, toolbox.

Again, I am only stating a theory here but go and try to disprove the facts I just gave you, I never said that Hogan was an A-List actor, I never said his films were Box Office Gold, but bottom line he had a level of success in films that no wrestler had at that time and if you don't think that did not motivate Hollywood to look further to the wrestling world for other possibilities then you're a misguided fucking moron. Sorry to say.

:wtf: Maybe Sting owes Hogan a thanx for his ground breaking role in Shutter Speed no one deserves pull.. the writers and competent management are the only people who should be in control. They can self tweak their characters and persona but thats it. What a stupid thing to say jose. Should inmates have pull with the warden too?

You're so reaching here dude..what a pathetic attempt at a comeback. Again I can't dignify any more stupidity, I really do think there's a chance you could be the Ultimate Warrior, considering how incoherent you are.

Lmao Jose Ole get me a tacquito bitch!!

You were making enough of a complete ass about yourself in your previous paragraphs, so I don't really need to point anything out but I will just the same. Anytime one has to bring racial barbs into the argument (and not that I mind) but it just shows how pathetic and defeated in an argument that they are. I mean definitely it's fair game and I am not going to whine and cry about it but you're just conceding about how pathetic your stance is. You’re basically telling me you’ve got no other material. But please bring more of it on...I just love to read it. I just find it funny that my Latin self had to correct most of the words in the English language that you butchered. Pretty ironic, isn’t it?

One To Remember in a botched attempt to quote Sir Jose Ole: said:
Again, if you can go beyond the role of just a wrestling fan debating topics on a forum like this one then you can feel free to speak even more freely on this topic when trying to debunk other people's points. Until then maybe it's you who should STFU, jackhole? And you have the audacity to call people "stupid wrestling marks". Dumbfuck...:lmao:

Looks like someone doesn't know how to quote the user they're debating with properly, I would rest my case...but somehow I have a great feeling you're going to come back looking for more.

:lol::shrug::fu2::rasta::eek2::weird:

TNA heads has now kept Hulk Hogan off Impact Wrestling TV for the time being. With insiders saying that is was Hogan's call to have Bobby Roode not win the TNA World Championship at their last pay per view. But it's funny how things work now that Roode is the TNA World Champion. In TNA Hulk Hogan is a big with politics in wrestling. Where he gets away with alot more in TNA than he did while Hulk Hogan was in the WWF/E.

Back in 1996 in WCW the night after Bash at the Beach where Hulk Hogan turned heel. He cut a promo in the ring with Scott Hall & Kevin Nash stating that he was bigger than professional wrestling and other thing to that nature. Giving birth to "Hollywood Hogan". But what if Hogan really tried and did live out those words up upon this day?

Not to say that Hulk Hogan is a straight up asshole. But what if Hogan really is like a modern day Ole Anderson backstage behind the scenes flexing his muscle like no one's own? Bringing the Hollywood Hogan persona to real-life? Is Hulk Hogan really hard to work with, much like how WWE chairman Vince McMahon said in some interview's?

I couldn't tell you s**t about Hulk Hogan that you can't see for yourself on TV.

Terry Bollea however has far more in common with the Ozzy Osbourne of today, than of Hollywood Hogan of 1996.

Look at Terry on his show, that same show everyone likes to use to demonize the guy and what do you see? An over the hill, goof that's completely out of touch with reality and has a couple of spoiled rotten kids, but who also has a legacy as a complete badass that is no where near what the man is like today.

You look at Ozzy today and you go, "This is the guy that bit the head off a bat and was the central figure in bringing heavy metal to the masses? WTF ever man. Don't bullshit me. This guy is off his rocker." Same goes with Terry.

Then you see these guys in their element and you go: "Holy crap this guy's still got it! I would love to have seen this guy in his prime!"

Also, if you were a fan of his to begin with, this just makes the guy more lovable, and if you hated him before, you hate him more now as a result.

You know what I heard when I heard Terry talking to his son when he was in jail, and promising him everything? I heard a desperate, half-panicked father trying to do his best to comfort his son and saying anything he could to do it. And you haters want to attack the guy for saying something that's un-PC? Screw you hippie!

Terry has done his share of questionable things to get on top and stay on top, but so has very nearly every other superstar that made it to the top.

This kind of thing really brings to question one thing to me. What do you REALLY not like about Hogan? 9 times out of 10 it ends up being that the hate of Hulk Hogan stems from lust over either Ric Flair or Steve Austin.

Hollywood Hogan is a character, an exaggeration of all of Terry Bollea's worst characteristics rolled into one over the top character, just like the heel persona of most pro-wrestlers.

Terry Bollea may be many negative things. Out of touch and over the hill are certainly among them, but he's a great guy that only someone with more than a touch of asshole in them would hate.

Doesn't matter asshole, Lance Corporal Graziano was an individual under a contractual obligation to the United States Marines Corps, and again he was of age while Nick Bollea was under age. Again a 22 year old allowing a 17 year old to act like a delinquent, give me a break. Yes, there's no justifying Hogan's antics in talking business in his son's jail cell. But Hogan won't be the first nor will he be the last celebrity to put his foot in his mouth. But let's not ignore the facts here about the Marine in question either. Again a tragedy but definitely one that I feel could have been just as avoidable on his part too.
i dont know iff they can even ask him Nick's status before he hopped in. We do not know if Nick sped up and Graziano told him to stop. You need details like that before u can condemn him. Yeah he was 17, last time I checked that was joining age if u had the right papers.. so his age is a moot point.
HAHAHA!!! Someone's using the Ric Flair book as gospel to base their opinions of Hulk Hogan off of!! Hahaha...we are talking about the same Ric Flair who's been married like four times and owes people assloads of money. You're going to cite his ghost written kayfabe fluff to determine that Hulk Hogan is immature. Oh put a cork in it you stupid cunt. Weren’t you the people calling other fans marks a while back, all the while you cite Ric Flair’s tell all autobio as your gospel for trying to sell us part of your stance on Hulk Hogan?
someone else had brought it up, i was referencing that. The exerpt was in Hogan's defense. Look with any situation period only a select few are going to witniss it. I can cite sources all i want if they are creedible and have no reason to lie.

I believe the words you are looking for are "awe" and "some". And "Hogan fight the ring like Flair" what in the blue hell are you trying to say you dumbass?
that act were he arm drops the ring, swingss off the rope, knee drops the mat when no one else is there. If Hogan is so great let him go on a one man tour and wrestle himself.. He thinks hes that damn good let him do that, and let u buy a ticket to that act.
[Quote
I "dint" think so...you said ethics plain and simple. If you had meant work ethic the first time, you'd have said it. Like I said bottom line I really don't care if Bret's stories are true or not in this book. But the fact is this, entertainers are not humanitarians, it’s not in their job description. Period.[/quote]there is no other context i could had used it in. These men have no other use in thr world to me other then wrestling. Idc if Snuka wacked his old lady or Eddie Guerrero's old tag partner did that stuff to tthat girl or Verne Gagne's sadistic acts at the old folks home. All i wanna see is wrestling, a healthy wrestling company and a thriving sport. I want to see wrestlers who aid in that. Nothing else they do is relevent to me, not even their real names. You understand moron?

Hahaha! Bullshit, you have no link to these people in the first place you complete moron. You know of their characters that they portray on screen and NOTHING more. Obviously what they do off the clock does affect you or else you wouldn't be talking to me on this internet forum right now. Ever think of that?
im linked to them thru the tv and they are linked to me thru my wallet. My name may not be on the title of John Cena's pick up or Taker's chopper but u best believe i paid for that fuckin shit. Greenbacks are a helluva link.

Now I am starting to think that you're the Ultimate Warrior...again I challenged someone's point about Hogan never losing in his matches and a few other finer points and I called bullshit and I backed my statements up, that said user has not replied since.
oh hes a hero because he laid down for Kidman? Come on Jose, its not just about what you do but when you do it. No one needed his rub beyond 1998 because it offered nothing. Why wasnt he putting WWF stars over in the late '80s? Why not WCW guys in the EARLY and MID '90s. Dont tell me wtf he did when he was out of him prime and the ice berg had long been hit. A day late and a dollar short? Who da fuck does that help? And his match against the Rock lol. That ***** was like 29 years old, i couldnt see an outcome other than Hogan gettin his ass pinned. Damn right the old head got the blocks beatin off his ass lmao.
You did not see shit, you heard about things but you did not see them, get it straight. Again show me the proof you worked for AOL Time Warner/WCW and that you were actually privy to matters.
i dont need to just like a judge or prosecuter doesnt need to had seen the defendent commit a crime.
I've never said Hogan never had an ego but I can assure you that he was only one of many in that company. Again let's not forget that folks like Vince Russo and David Arquette were WC W World Champions, if Hogan had as much pull as dumbfucks like you so believe, I sincerely doubt those two title changes would have ever happened.
He probably liked the Arquette stunt because it brought him in closer proximity to a fellow b movie star. Russo like McMahon was champ. It was a blatant kayfabe abuse of power. It was lame but i did not feel foolish having to explain it to an outside observer like with Arquette, or even tge fingerpoke..you cant point to other wrongs to justify Hogan's. Hogan was apart of a band of hooligans including Hall, Nash, Russo, Bischoff and others..

Oh so it was Hogan's complete fault now that wrestling is no longer in the regional/territory system
i often hear how he made blah blah blah national. My point was what of it? Break down to me how that helped wrestling, no not him or Vinny or the WWF but WRESTLING.
Again, I am only stating a theory here but go and try to disprove the facts I just gave you, I never said that Hogan was an A-List actor, I never said his films were Box Office Gold, but bottom line he had a level of success in films that no wrestler had at that time and if you don't think that did not motivate Hollywood to look further to the wrestling world for other possibilities
He was in a bunch of stupid cliche sterotypical roles any meat head would be in. And the box offices were so less crowded and competitive then. Give Austin moviee roles in 2000 and you would had seen better results. The Rock had tge look for action movies, agents also fish for him. None of the directors watched the WWF or gave a fuck about Hogan.
You were making enough of a complete ass about yourself in your previous paragraphs, so I don't really need to point anything out but I will just the same. Anytime one has to bring racial barbs into the argument (and not that I mind) but it just shows how pathetic and defeated in an argument that they are. I mean definitely it's fair game and I am not going to whine and cry about it but you're just conceding about how pathetic your stance is. You’re basically telling me you’ve got no other material. But please bring more of it on...I just love to read it. I just find it funny that my Latin self had to correct most of the words in the English language that you butchered. Pretty ironic, isn’t it?

Looks like someone doesn't know how to quote the user they're debating with properly, I would rest my case...but somehow I have a great feeling you're going to come back looking for more.

:lol::shrug::fu2::rasta::eek2::weird:
[/QUOTE]

You were making enough of a complete ass about yourself in your previous paragraphs, so I don't really need to point anything out but I will just the same. Anytime one has to bring racial barbs into the argument (and not that I mind) but it just shows how pathetic and defeated in an argument that they are. I mean definitelyit's fair game and I am not going to whine and cry about it but you're just conceding about how pathetic your stance is. You’re basically telling me you’ve got no other material. But please bring more of it on...I just love to read it. I just find it funny that my Latin self had to correct most of the words in the English language that you butchered. Pretty ironic, isn’t it?
your name is already racial and you are not Latin, you are Latino. Latin is a southern European designation. Theres a huge diff between Rome and East L.A.lol again the on screen kb misses alot of what i peck abd the letters are too close together. Android tablets dnt permit spell check here anyways..
i dont have the space to include all ur shit. This coby kyros tablet will not let me scroll down or put more text in tge text box after a certain amount of text. The touch screenn takes too long for me to scroll back and fix spelling or may cause me to permanently lose my text line spot. I dnt have time for that so u have to deal with it. Blame the on screen kb.

i dont know iff they can even ask him Nick's status before he hopped in. We do not know if Nick sped up and Graziano told him to stop. You need details like that before u can condemn him. Yeah he was 17, last time I checked that was joining age if u had the right papers.. so his age is a moot point.

Moot point my ass...again I never once said I approve or condone of any of Nick Bollea's actions. However, from everything I have heard about this case, Nick was under the influence of alcohol. Something tells me that maybe you're the one who knows jackshit as far as the details go. Bottom line is this Nick Bollea was 17 years old and a 22 year old obviously had no issue with getting into a car with a minor who was using substances he wasn't supposed to be using. I've sat through enough Marine Corps safety briefings during the time I spent in Active Duty to know that such an occurrence can get you in serious trouble, trust me on that.

Recruit Requirements By The US Military - Click For More Info

Yes in many cases a 17 year old can indeed join the military, however parental consent is required, I don't need any other details about Graziano to make a judgment if Nick Bollea was indeed under the influence of alcohol which the courts had deemed him to be. Again I know you said earlier they weren't on a military base but that matters not, Lance Corporal Graziano was a United States Marine and was subject to the rules and regulations of the Uniformed Code Of Military Justice, no matter where he is. And again getting behind the wheel with an inebriated minor is definitely a no-no.

someone else had brought it up, i was referencing that. The exerpt was in Hogan's defense. Look with any situation period only a select few are going to witniss it. I can cite sources all i want if they are creedible and have no reason to lie.

Bottom line, I have issue with Hulk Hogan said about John Graziano period, but at the same time I also realize that Lance Corporal Graziano had culpability in this matter, it's unfortunate that he is now a vegetable that is a horrible thing to have happen. No doubt about it, however members of the military are held to a standard of conduct that civilians are not whether on or off duty. But just the same I am not going to hold this whole issue against Hogan especially when it's not as cut and dry as most people want to make it sound like. It'd have been nice for Terry Bollea to not let the Hulk Hogan character out to make an appearance when visiting his son in jail but just the same he did.

that act were he arm drops the ring, swingss off the rope, knee drops the mat when no one else is there. If Hogan is so great let him go on a one man tour and wrestle himself.. He thinks hes that damn good let him do that, and let u buy a ticket to that act.

You're still sounding like a moron, I'll just move on to the next line.

One To Remember again botching my quote said:
I "dint" think so...you said ethics plain and simple. If you had meant work ethic the first time, you'd have said it. Like I said bottom line I really don't care if Bret's stories are true or not in this book. But the fact is this, entertainers are not humanitarians, it’s not in their job description. Period.

:lol::lmao::lol:

there is no other context i could had used it in. These men have no other use in thr world to me other then wrestling. Idc if Snuka wacked his old lady or Eddie Guerrero's old tag partner did that stuff to tthat girl or Verne Gagne's sadistic acts at the old folks home. All i wanna see is wrestling, a healthy wrestling company and a thriving sport. I want to see wrestlers who aid in that. Nothing else they do is relevent to me, not even their real names. You understand moron?

Actually you're the one who's the moron because you still brought up Hogan’s controversies out of the ring, even if you said you were merely referencing someone else’s comment. If you really stand by that asinine statement you made, then you wouldn’t be posting on the topic in the first place.

im linked to them thru the tv and they are linked to me thru my wallet. My name may not be on the title of John Cena's pick up or Taker's chopper but u best believe i paid for that fuckin shit. Greenbacks are a helluva link.

Blah blah blah blah...and you're a helluva dumb cunt. No shit, we support these people's careers by buying merchandise and live event tickets and so on. That's no shocker there but still you have no link, no way no how...stop acting like you’re a shareholder. If you owned WWE stock then we’d be talking a different story. No one's making you pay to be a fan of wrestling, you're choosing to do that. But don't act like you're that important it takes more than one of you to accomplish what you think you are accomplishing. If you were to stop being a fan one day it would be no big loss, now if multiple others did that then that'd be a different story. But don't act like you're making that big of a difference because you really aren't fucktard, especially when you have an attitude like that.

oh hes a hero because he laid down for Kidman? Come on Jose, its not just about what you do but when you do it. No one needed his rub beyond 1998 because it offered nothing. Why wasnt he putting WWF stars over in the late '80s? Why not WCW guys in the EARLY and MID '90s. Dont tell me wtf he did when he was out of him prime and the ice berg had long been hit. A day late and a dollar short? Who da fuck does that help? And his match against the Rock lol. That ***** was like 29 years old, i couldnt see an outcome other than Hogan gettin his ass pinned. Damn right the old head got the blocks beatin off his ass lmao.

Yeah again I use the Andre The Giant defense on this one. Hogan didn't need to have the match with Andre at least I don't think so, he had been WWF World Champion for three years plus and he was clearly the star of wrestling at that time. But again beating The Giant and slamming him in the ring didn't hurt either. Again 15 years later, The Rock got to beat the biggest star of the previous generation of the WWF, that still counted for something and it's still talked about today. I think the WWF made their point with that contest happening.

"Damn right the old head got the blocks beatin off his ass lmao". It's funny when someone of Latin ethnicity like me knows the English language better than you.

i dont need to just like a judge or prosecuter doesnt need to had seen the defendent commit a crime.

Dude, you're reaching still. Again tertiary information that you read about on the internet and the stuff you watch on WWE DVDs and read in tell all books hardly tells any of the story, it's entertainment plain and simple not education. Get over yourself, and again I have to say it, you're calling other people marks? Please...

He probably liked the Arquette stunt because it brought him in closer proximity to a fellow b movie star.

Yeah I am sure that is the case, however I don't ever remember them being involved in any story lines. Let me get to your next line of BS because your drivel speaks for itself on this point, I need say no more on it.

Russo like McMahon was champ. It was a blatant kayfabe abuse of power. It was lame but i did not feel foolish having to explain it to an outside observer like with Arquette, or even tge finger poke..

The Fingerpoke was hilarious to be honest, should it have been done? Not my call, but I can't deny its hilarity especially since it makes assholes like you so bent out of shape. Would I have preferred an actual title match that night? Absolutely but considering that we’re talking about something that’s pre-determined and not an actual sport I am not going to get heartbroken about it. Vince Russo's title win I think was an even bigger farce just the same though.

you cant point to other wrongs to justify Hogan's. Hogan was apart of a band of hooligans including Hall, Nash, Russo, Bischoff and others..

Oh boo-boo all these stars with egos have clout and it was evident they used it...like I've never seen that before in the entertainment world. Let's not compare these guys to Mussolini, Hitler, Polpot or Stalin because it's just entertainment not world politics. You make it sound like these people broke into your house and then murdered your father, went down on your mother and then sodomized your dog. Sounds like you really do take such matters to heart. Dumbass. Again look at Vince McMahon the week Sensational Sherri died his “funeral” was being hyped for the next RAW, talk about ego, right? Blow your twisted logic out your ass again this is entertainment not humanitarian efforts we’re talking about here.

i often hear how he made blah blah blah national. My point was what of it? Break down to me how that helped wrestling, no not him or Vinny or the WWF but WRESTLING.

Well let's see the AWA brokered a deal with ESPN in the 80s and Ted Turner bought The Crockett Promotions because it played so well on his network and of course they were having financial trouble. But just the same Vince McMahon's success and Hogan's role as the top star in his promotion as well as the AWA for a time before that definitely made wrestling a viable form of entertainment to make some money on. I would say it was a nice little ripple effect.

He was in a bunch of stupid cliche sterotypical roles any meat head would be in. And the box offices were so less crowded and competitive then.

Yeah again I’m not arguing the lameness of the roles but just the same it worked for a brief time whether you can grasp that or not.

But I beg to differ on the less competitive and crowded part, box offices in the 80s were very competitive. Especially when you consider movies like Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade and Batman oh but nobody was around to watch those either I bet, you stupid asshole. Even though No Holds Barred was a piece of shit that even a Hogan mark like me agreed should never have seen the light of day, it still did well enough to have New Line Cinema use Hogan for a couple of more movie roles. Again sounds like you're reaching!

Again I know other movies in 1989 blew No Holds Barred out of the water but the fact that a wrestler at that time could have a foray albeit a limited one in the big screen is something that no one else in the wrestling business had done before.

Like I said, I will never EVER confuse any of Hulk Hogan's movies for Gone With The Wind or The Godfather but again other than Roddy Piper whose only major starring role was in They Live, Hogan had a limited shelf life on the big screen but just the same he did, whether you like it or not.

I bet you're one of those stupid assholes that also buys into the fact that movies must also be better and more successful in today’s market because ticket sales are higher too right. Douchebag.

Give Austin moviee roles in 2000 and you would had seen better results.

Yeah, but that never happened now did it?

The Rock had tge look for action movies, agents also fish for him. None of the directors watched the WWF or gave a fuck about Hogan.

Not disputing about The Rock's look and ability and appeal, but also keep in mind he left wrestling at just the right time to capitalize on that. Had he stuck around in WWE for a few more years that all might have changed and he might have been pigeonholed into just being known as a "wrestler" first and foremost. To his benefit that didn't happen but it definitely could have.

One To Remember's further failure at a rebuttal said:

:lol:

your name is already racial and you are not Latin, you are Latino. Latin is a southern European designation. Theres a huge diff between Rome and East L.A.

So you assume that I must be either a Mexican expat or Mexican-American (you mentioned East LA after all) just because my name on here is "SirJoseOle"...how do you really know what my ancestral origins are? Epic fail there for assuming but too funny. Keep painting yourself into that corner again no matter what my ethnicity or nation origins are I still ascertain the English language better than you ever could. Again I only rub this in because you wanted to play the race card first.

lol again the on screen kb misses alot of what i peck abd the letters are too close together. Android tablets dnt permit spell check here anyways..

Pitiful excuse for why you can't coherently type. If you're all that eager to really make a discussion of this you'd figure it out or get on an actual computer, asswad.

i dont have the space to include all ur shit. This coby kyros tablet will not let me scroll down or put more text in tge text box after a certain amount of text. The touch screenn takes too long for me to scroll back and fix spelling or may cause me to permanently lose my text line spot. I dnt have time for that so u have to deal with it. Blame the on screen kb.

In other words you're conceding about how much of a dumbshit you are, that's all well and good, I already figured that out, I didn't need your confirmation on that. You lose...fucktard.

:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::​

Onetoremember doesn't know it's a work. By that, I don't mean that he doesn't know that it's "fake". I mean he doesn't know that everyone works everyone. Even in shoot interviews, guys are working. They have an image to preserve. Listen to flair, his opinion will change based on who he's working for/with. Same with Hogan. These guys are all carnies. You can't believe anything they say. They all have egos and images to keep.

Onetoremember doesn't know it's a work. By that, I don't mean that he doesn't know that it's "fake". I mean he doesn't know that everyone works everyone. Even in shoot interviews, guys are working. They have an image to preserve. Listen to flair, his opinion will change based on who he's working for/with. Same with Hogan. These guys are all carnies. You can't believe anything they say. They all have egos and images to keep.

This guy knows what's up, thank god a voice of reason (because I know I sure as hell can't consider myself one with the amount of times I get into flame wars with users) can tell it like it is. This guy and Rayne know what's up when it comes to the kayfabe aspect of the business still.

Good contribution TWJC and like I said earlier I never said I agreed with everything Hogan has ever said and done but I've always had a feeling that guys like him and Flair rarely turn the character off all the way, I think it's just impossible.

But again if people like One To Remember really think Hollywood Hogan is who Terry Bollea really is to a tee then maybe Bollea is a better actor than one might give him credit for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back