How will you remember Randy Savage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

My Couch Pulls Out But I Don't

I am a WZ *****...GOD!
If you haven't heard by now, Macho Man Randy Savage died yesterday in an automobile accident. It is reported that he suffered a heart attack while driving and his Jeep crashed head on into a tree. He was taken to a medical facility where he died from his injuries.

Macho was a great performer and was excellent on the stick as well. He had the look, persona, charisma, abilty...he was the total package.

From the man, to the wrestler/commentator. From Randy Savage to Macho King, from Macho Man to Madness, Randy Savage has given us many memories from his illustrious career.

My question to you is, How will you remember Randy Savage? Was was your favorite moment of his, list more than one if you want.

For me, three moments stick out and those are:

1. His fued with Jake Roberts
2. Wrestlemania versus Ricky Steamboat
3. His first WWF Championship

I'll remember him as being one of the most versitile guys of all time. I mean this in every possible way. Meaning he could work with anyone, work as a heel or a face, work comedy or serious, even be romantic. He could work a mat based, "technical" match or he could work the brawling style. He did it for a long time and elevated a lot of guys. "Versitile" fits him best I think.

As for as how I'll remember him in the ring. I came into wrestling in 1995, I'll remember him mostly for his amazing feud with DDP. He really elevated Page to the next level. Later on as I got older I watched his older stuff.

Kind of a personal story, the first indy show I went to was harley race's World League Wrestling. It was an indy show and the guest was going to be Savage. It was like 2005 I wanna say. Savage had gotten injured the night before, so he was unable to make it but he sent like 500 signed photos that people got for free. At the time I was estatic to be at a pro wrestling show, so I wasn't too bummed, now that I'll never meet him it's a little sad. However, the fact that he sent 500 autographs (which more than covered the crowd BTW) says something about the man. It was an indy show in the middle of nowhere, probably got paid a fraction of what he was getting just 5-10 years earlier, yet he still took the time to send the autographs.

So I guess all in all I'll remember him as a good person to the fans, a versitile worker, and a professional.

My favorite Randy Savage moment was the match with Ultimate Warrior at Wrestlemania 7. One of THE greatest matches of all time. He was one of my favorite wrestlers and will definitely be missed.

-epic match against steamboat
-superb tourney at WM 4
-OUTSTANDING and underrated match against warrior at WM 7
-edgy feud w/ jake roberts
-great comeback w/ tremendous matches at WM 8 and SSlam 92
-more than decent run in WCW, especially liked the feud w/ ddp
overall Randy Savage is the definition of a Legend. RIP

as an amazing entertainer and a definite legend. top moments

1. Winning the title at WM4

2. IC title match w Steamboat at WM3

3. vs Ultimate Warrior WM7

4. heel turn with the NWO then faceturn with WOlfpac

5. Appearing as Bone Saw in Spiderman 1 (being a lifetime Savage fan, seeing this when I was 17 was a big deal).

6. Great comeback in 92 with great performances at RR, WM and SSlam.

Ironic sad note: I just watched an interview with Angelo "The Genious" Poffo saying (after asking if WWE sees SAvage again) he said: you will never see Macho Man again. Hes happy and rich and married. (this was at a Brantford, ON wrestling convention)

I wasn't into wrestling yet during his heyday in the WWF. I'll remember him in WCW, his feud with DDP, his roles in the NWO factions, team Madness, etc. I'll admit, he was never one of my favorites, but just recently with the release of the WWE All Stars videogame I would find myself browsing YouTube watching his old matches and hilarious promos.

The very first wrestling match I saw in my life was Macho vs. George Steele right at the start of their epic feud. I was absolutely captivated and because of Macho I am a lifelong fan of nearly 30 years.

Macho taught me how fun it is to root for the bad guy, even though I cried real tears when he dropped the bell on Ricky Steamboat! Macho had so much heat going into WM3, not many comment on that anymore, but he was hated to Ric Flair levels!

The man was the total package. He reinvented professional wrestling by influencing the stars of the last 20 years. He had charisma to spare and his mic work was epic. Even after some of the crazy stuff we've seen performed in (and out of) the ring in past decade and a half, Macho Man's flying elbow still brings goosebumps. The man was fearless and he could fly.

So many moments to remember, I've been completely devastated by this all day. After this year's WM I loudly proclaimed to any who would listen, in 2012 Macho Madness was coming back to claim the Hall of Fame spot that we all owed him. Now that spot is guaranteed in the worst way imaginable and this 37 year old is getting all weepy at the keyboard over the loss of a man I never met, but who was such a large part of my growing up. No joke, I had a dream less than a week ago I ran into him in the beer aisle at the supermarket, and it was great because I totally played it cool and gave the man his props without marking out too bad... in other words the opposite of if I had ever been lucky enough to meet the man in real life!

Rest in Peace, Randy Poffo. You are already missed.

My first ever wrestling show was Wrestlemania 4. I became an instant Randy Savage fan.

I have so many memories of him, winning that belt.. the megapowers, hogan v savage, savage v warrior, savage v jake roberts, savage v flair

He was a mega star, a true champion and his match a Mania 3 (watched on tape years later) was amazing.

I loved him in WCW as much as you could love someone who got trashed in that company, even some with stroke but the guy was a mega star.

I will always be sad he never got his welcome home to WWE moment now, I had hoped it would be at a HOF.

Savage is one of the guys who made wrestling, I say Andre, Hogan, Savage, Flair, Piper and Warrior rocketed wrestling in to the place it is today, he really was that good.

And as Jericho said, he gave Warrior the best match of his career.

When I think of him, it will be after that Mania 7 match, holding Liz up high after turning face again, that is how I want to remember both of them, it felt real and I will miss the Macho Man.

RIP bro.

Everyone has pretty much stated all of his greatest moments already, but these are my favorite moments:

-- his WM III match.
-- Was it WM IV when Savage wrestled Hogan?
-- WM match with the Warrior.
-- coming to WCW.
-- WCW feuds with DDP & Ric Flair.

Savage had an ability that virtually NONE of the young stars in the WWE have today... And that is everything Savage did felt REAL!!! Savage never half assed anything and he was always on top of his game. Nobody could legitimately make the argument that Savage was not in the top ten wrestlers ever list. He never tried to hang on to his career longer than he should have, and was happy to just disappear and leave the spotlight.

A complete class act all the way around... RIP.

One of the greatest in history. When i was a little tike i loved watching his feuds with flair, i don't think those get enough attenion. He had the greatest voice in wrestling. I Always wanted him to return as a commentator in his later years, he was great at it during his run as an announcer at the end of his wwf career. will be missed

The thing that I'll always remember is his WWF fued with Ric Flair. It seemed so personal, involving Miss Elizabeth...this was right around the time I was just getting into the WWF, and this was great stuff. His match with Flair at Wrestlemania VIII is one of the most underrated matches ever, IMO. It's really a shame that it wasn't the main event.

I'm still stunned that he's dead. I always thought he would eventually bury the hatchet with Vince, make a few appearances for the WWE, and take his proper place in the Hall of Fame. Very tragic.

RIP Macho Man

As an absolute Legend in the business, It's sad all of this it really is, i was kind of hoping he was returning to WWE this year, things were looking good when he did the WWE Allstars game that and i think his brother teased he was doing something HUGE a month back or so, but sadly this will not happen.

I'll always remember Savage vs Steamboat at WM3, was probably the first Savage match i watched, and he just had this aura about him, very entertaining on the mic as well.

I only purchased his DVD the other day actually, and so far only watched his match vs HBK, which was excellent, but I'm definitely going to make some time now to sit down and watch the rest of it. Unfortunately the Wrestling world and it's fans lost a true Legend, but his legacy will live on... OOhhhhh Yeaaahhhhh!!!!

I wasn't into wrestling yet during his heyday in the WWF. I'll remember him in WCW, his feud with DDP, his roles in the NWO factions, team Madness, etc. I'll admit, he was never one of my favorites, but just recently with the release of the WWE All Stars videogame I would find myself browsing YouTube watching his old matches and hilarious promos.

You will definitely be a better wrestling fan for it man, I wanted to do a posting regarding Randy Savage without quotes, however I am so happy to read the posting of a fan that wants to go and research the history of the artform of wrestling.

Randy Savage exemplified energy, excitement and intrigue everytime he did something in the world of professional wrestling. There are so many fond moments I remember as a youth especially when his LJN figure came out in 1986, I remember getting it at my local shopping mall. It was one of my most prized possessions as a youth.

I'll remember Randy Savage as a guy that was one of the greatest ever. His popularity was amazing and his ability to create a moment with just the simplest of things whether it be a certain thing he said or did just put me in the zone as a fan. And with moments like this how can you go wrong:

- His earlier career prior to the WWF is not something to dismiss either, he had run ins with Jerry Lawler and even teamed with Bob Orton in the early 80s.

- His WWF Debut choosing Miss Elizabeth over legends like Mr. Fuji, Freddie Blassie and others as his manager.

- Winning the IC strap from Tito Santana in Boston (I'm from that area so that win was HUGE).

- His feud with George Steele was great, in my opinion it helped get his IC Title reign started the right way, even though George's bigger interest was in Liz and not the belt!

- WWF WrestleMania III - Steamboat and Savage says it all. The build up to it was great, I mean Savage crushes Steamboat's larynx and Steamboat rehabs preparing for revenge. Great moments, great story, great drama. There was even a side feud with legend Bruno Sammartino that Savage took part in because of Bruno's disgust with what Randy did, classic stuff!

- Savage's FOUR WrestleMania matches at WrestleMania IV and his wearing of four different attires (along with Liz too) for EACH match, yeah it's kind of a cheesy thing to mark out about, but it was cool to see Macho Man have a different look for each match. Plus each bout was awesome and wrestled in different ways, first Savage had to contend with Butch Reed, then there was the One Man Gang, up next was Greg Valentine and then finally Ted DiBiase. All four of these 80s stars fell to the Madness and each way it happened was dramatic, I loved it all. And to see Randy hoisting Liz on his shoulder that was a WWF classic right there.

- His year long reign was great and WrestleMania V was a very great match, Macho Man even had a bandaged up elbow and rose to the occasion despite how nagging those type of injuries could be. Sad to see him lose the title but it was a great showing.

- His coronation as the Macho King was great, and he sold the gimmick well, the only guy as of late that can even come close but yet still fall short was Booker T, but Macho Man in my view was the best King the WWF ever had.

- His feud with Dusty Rhodes was good too, I think an under appreciated moment of WrestleMania VI for sure, and it continued into the summer.

- Him costing the Ultimate Warrior the World Title against Sgt. Slaughter was a classic moment, just bashing Warrior in the head with the sceptor was great, it was disappointing to see Macho Man lose that career match when it was the Warrior who actually ended up leaving the WWF that year instead. Pretty ironic but at least we got to see Liz and Randy reunite, then actually marry in kayfabe. Plus Savage killed on commentary, eventually he'd become back to the ring.

- The set up to Macho Man's return was great, Jake Roberts baited him into a return by setting his King Cobra on him and it took a bit but Jack Tunney finally gave in and allowed Macho Man to wrestle again, the Jake Roberts and Randy Savage feud was a classic and I would have liked to have seen it go just a tad bit longer but for what it was, it was a great storyline to bring Macho Man back, today's generation of storytelling could learn from this.

- His World Title feud with Ric Flair was a pretty solid alternative to the company's original booking plans and to me if you were a true wrestling fan you could appreciate the storyline and the match itself. For months Flair had antagonized Macho Man saying that he and Liz were messing around behind his back, eventually Flair got exposed for lying and Macho Man took the World Title back from him in a dramatic WrestleMania bout, it was a great showing and granted Flair got the World Title back from Savage it was great.

- Macho Man also brought another fellow star out of retirement in the form of Mr. Perfect, continuing his feud with Ric Flair who was now allied with Razor Ramon. Macho Man got Mr. Perfect to "snap out of it" and cut ties with Flair was Macho Man and Perfect challenged the two at a match at Survivor Series 1992. The original plans were for Warrior and Savage to team but plans changed. Macho Man and Mr. Perfect were a great alternative, I was happy to be honest. Savage afterwards even wrestled in the USWA and took their title in a little known inter promotional storyline between the USWA and WWF.

- From there, Macho Man's WWF tenure was a little slower, he sat at the RAW announce table and did more commentary than anything else, but he still wrestled when needed. He had some matches with Doink, Jeff Jarrett, and even came close to being a three time WWF World Champion against Yokozuna, but Crush his current feud at that time stopped that from happening. Which lead to an interesting falls count anywhere match at WrestleMania X, which was Savage's last WWF pay per view match. He continued wrestling on tours and even took on Bret Hart for the WWF Title. (There's footage out there but it's horrible quality).

- When Savage jumped ship to WCW, I was upset, I wanted to see him stay in the WWF, however I have to admit that he had a great debut there and I couldn't complain. It took a little bit of a time, but he won the WCW World Heavyweight Championship and revisited feuds with some of his former WWF adversaries.

- It was even nice to hear a heavier and more rock based version of "Pomp and Circumstance", so I was sold on his transition. He was still the same energetic and crazy Randy Savage I grew up enjoying. Taking on the likes of a young Steve Austin, Big Van Vader were some engaging matches, awesome stuff most definitely. He reunited with Elizabeth and had an on-again off again relationship, where she would "pay him back" for all his mistreatment of her in the WWF.

- He was a part of team WCW at Bash At The Beach 1996 when the infamous nWo angle started. Eventually he joined the nWo which added something interesting to the group and continued with the Red version of the group after the red and white split.

- Eventually he left the nWo group and took on a couple of valets Gorgeous George (his real life girlfriend), Madusa and Mona (Molly Holly) and he even managed to get the WCW Title back and this would be his last major angle in WCW, he would eventually make one more appearance in 2000 before leaving completely.

- Then he made a few TNA appearances aligning himself with guys like Jeff Hardy (during Jeff's first stint there) and feuding with the likes of Jeff Jarrett, Scott Hall and Kevin Nash. Afterwards Savage would make very few appearances in wrestling but there was no doubt that this guy is one of the greatest ever!

Outside of the ring we knew him for the Slim Jim Commercials, his appearance in the Spider-Man movie and his distinct voice even went towards animated projects as well.

It's going to be tough thinking of Macho Man being gone, but his legacy lives on, blackmetalbuick here are some videos to start you on your trip down memory lane with all of us other fans who are still absorbing all this, enjoy the clips bossman:

Randy Savage Freaking Out With Bob Orton[

Ricky Steamboat and Randy Savage Feud Part 1

Ricky Steamboat and Randy Savage Feud Part 2

Ricky Steamboat and Randy Savage Feud Part 3

Ricky Steamboat and Randy Savage Feud Part 4

Ricky Steamboat and Randy Savage Feud Part 5

Macho Man Promo - WWF WrestleMania III

Macho Man wins his first WWF World Heavyweight Championship - WWF WrestleMania IV

Macho Man vs Shawn Michaels For the WWF World Heavyweight Championship - Germany 1992 Part 1

Macho Man vs Shawn Michaels For the WWF World Heavyweight Championship - Germany 1992 Part 2

Bret Hart Vs Randy Savage For the WWF World Title - RARE - Part 1 (Warning - Poor Quality)

Bret Hart Vs Randy Savage For the WWF World Title - RARE - Part 2 (Warning - Poor Quality)

Bret Hart Vs Randy Savage For the WWF World Title - RARE - Part 3 (Warning - Poor Quality)

Macho Man's WCW Debut - WCW Saturday Night - December 1994 Timeframe

Macho Man Interview After Winning World Title Followed By The Giant

Macho Man Wins His Fourth WCW World Heavyweight Championship - WCW Bash At The Beach 1999

Macho Man Appears In TNA

All in all a classic career and a wrestler I am sure as hell going to miss, I hope you guys enjoy the vintage clips.

"...I ain't no punk b-tch!" - Randy Savage: (WCW Monday Nitro 18/10/1999).

Man, I love the above quote, and Randy's delivery of it was great!

There really isn't probably anything more I can add to this thread that hasn't already been posted (thanks SirJoseOle!)...However, having been a fan of Pro Wrestling for 22 years now, I grew up as a HUGE mark for the 'Madness'!

Others have already stated this, but Randy Savage was truly a complete all-round performer that could literally 'do it all' and thanks to that talent, is highly regarded and respected by fans and wrestle folk alike and for good reason.

It's funny, when I think back, even his Heel stalling routine before his matches was completely mesmerizing! Of course, along with his ability to talk and cut a promo, the man could wrestle his @$$ off!
There's many examples of course, but the fact that he was able to carry "The Ultimate 'Roider" to his best singles match ever at 'Mania VII speaks volumes.

Some other matches that spring to mind as being especially memorable are the 'Mania III classic, Macho's grueling contest with Warrior at Summerslam '92, His mid-card matches with a pre-'HBK' Shawn Michaels in 1992, His bouts with Yokozuna in '93 are fun and his show-stealing performances with Diamond Dallas Page at WCW Spring Stampede '97 and The Great American Bash '97 will remain in my VHS collection forever.

As a massive WCW mark throughout the mid-90's right up until the bitter end in 2001, I fondly recall many of Randy's WCW angles and scraps. His series against Flair in '95/'96 was a smash (especially the match from Nitro at Ceasar's Palace). The Sting/Savage/Steiners/nWo angle from early 1997 is great stuff that spawned many great moments and helped WCW generate some of the biggest crowd pops ever seen/heard as well.

Even though Macho's athletic ability was slowly sapped away as he aged and accumulated injuries, his ability to work a crowd and cut a promo stayed. His 1999 WCW run will never be remembered for "Five star classics" between the ropes, but Randy's promo's and angles that year were often hysterical and entertaining as hell! The banter back and forth between him and Dennis Rodman on consecutive live Nitro broadcasts in July/August '99 where both guys blatantly ignored WCW's "standards and practices" by uttering references to b*tches and sl*ts etc. were comedy gold.

The long suffering Tony Schiavone on commentary often had to attempt to contain his laughter on air thanks to these two and the guys in the production truck had a hell of a time attempting to bleep out just about everything 'The Worm' and 'Madness' said!

Anyway, above are just some of my memories of the 'Macho Man', who in my estimation, is on the short list of the very best of all time. So what if he "de-flowered" Steph!? Randy Savage belongs in the WWE Hall Of Fame. Even if only because the casual fan regards the WWE HOF as THE Hall of Fame.

**EDIT:** I had typed several more paragraphs in this post, but for some reason when I submitted it, they disappeared!...Can't really be bothered re-typing it at the moment, so for now, my post will end somewhat abruptly above. :-D

Today is a sad day for us wrestling fans.

Most of you guys already said some of his greatest moments, but I'm going to to a little out on the limb on some other moments that I enjoyed Savage.

-- Slim Jim commercials. Was a natural and a perfect talent for the ads.
-- His WCW theme song. I liked that a lot better than the one he used in WWF.
-- Finally, something you don't see in wrestling today, and that is helping out the new guys. He was always one of many members to help out the rookies including Jay Lethal who used Savage's persona for years.

He was a wonderful wrestling, and a wonderful person. As many as said a true legend probably next to Mr. Perfect in my book. He did well for himself over the years.

I'm waiting to see what other things TNA and WWE plan on doing. I know they've done a few things on their site, but I want to see more. To me, this guy was more a legend than Hogan just based on talent, and skills.

I have fond memories of watching Macho Man cutting those fantastic promos that always got you leaning forward on the edge of your seat. The glittering stetson, the tassles on his arms was a really unique look. To me he always did the business in the ring 100%, sold all the shots like a true pro...and as for the flying elbow; great balance and he had you waiting just long enough before he flew off the top turnbuckle. I remember him at the announce table too. For me definately in the top 5 wrestlers of all time. Gonna miss hearing that "oooohh yeah"

Hey you like trolling much, while I am a cynic and enjoy a twisted sense of humor at times, there are posters here on this forum that want to remember one of the profession's best performers in Randy Savage. Would you mind having a little respect and not post this in every damn thread that you can find you jerk?

For as much of an asshole that I can be on these forums, there are limits even I have, go find some other stupid place to post this bullshit at, because it's not appreciated here you stupid troll. People like you need to learn a thing or two about respect, asshole.

Hey you like trolling much, while I am a cynic and enjoy a twisted sense of humor at times, there are posters here on this forum that want to remember one of the profession's best performers in Randy Savage. Would you mind having a little respect and not post this in every damn thread that you can find you jerk?

For as much of an asshole that I can be on these forums, there are limits even I have, go find some other stupid place to post this bullshit at, because it's not appreciated here you stupid troll. People like you need to learn a thing or two about respect, asshole.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RN5R34LicQs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8CvMDcfRpw

I think that Savage will primarily be remembered for his WWF career. If that is the case, then I think that Savage will be remembered as one of the most perfect wrestlers of all time. He never had a bad match or a bad feud in the WWF. He was a pioneer of sorts both in the ring and on the mic. His charisma is unmatched unless you happen to be a Hogan, Austin or a Warrior in his prime.

His WCW stuff was fine and I think that a guy named DDP should be indebted to him for making him what he is today. Savage's stuff in WCW was just not as stellar as his stuff in the WWF. But then hardly anyone's stuff is unless you happen to be Sting, Flair or Hogan.

Savage has had so many brilliant moments in his wrestling career that it would be almost insulting to his other moments if I were to talk highly of just a few moments of his.

However I would like to talk of a moment of his that is sometimes ignored by wrestling fans. That is his match against Ultimate Warrior. That is my favorite Savage match partly because of what happened after the match. Not that the match itself was not fantastic. It was a great match with Savage attempting 5 elbow drops to put Warrior away but Warrior getting up and fiishing Savage off with his splash. After the match, his valet at that time Sensational Sherri, turns on him and beats on a lying Savage when Elizabeth comes out to make the save. This is a landmark moment in the WWF as Elizabeth had never gotten physical with anyone before this. Savage realizes what has happened and that Elizabeth is the women he truly loves and they embrace in the ring to give us a great moment.

i'll remember Savage (overall, not some special moments) for his WWF run. as much noise as he made in WCW, it was his Federation days that made him unique. his outfits, his promos, but most importantly for me, his in ring style. he was a quick, lean, strong wrestler. it's been echoed forever, but this is the guy who made Ultimate Warrior seem decent in the ring, something no one else could do. you could put him in any feud and it'd be a classic, he'd make it work. he was a guy who couldn't carry the company, but he was a great 2nd name in the WWF that you could put the strap on him for a while and not lose a beat. out of those moments, i'll always remember WrestleMania 7. he came in as a heel Macho King, put on a great match vs. Warrior, and left with the fans' hearts after.

I'll remember savage for his outstanding ability in the ring and his ability to talk an audience into an arena. The ones that can do that are legends...and Randy Savage will now and forever be....a LEGEND

Here are a couple rare Randy Savage promos from the ICW (his dad's promotion) and Mid South.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfosfT8Ojbg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnxwUoaR6kk (set up for Rock N Roll Express vs Poffo Mania-Savage and Lanny Poffo-showing his future Genius-esque promo style)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaUx99Z_J50&feature=related (savage appears on Mid South wanting Jerry Lawler)

I will remember him as one of the greatest entertainers this business has ever seen. Hogan couldn't hold a candle to Macho Man. I believed that long before his death and I believe it now. Hogan may be a bigger draw and bigger name but no way IMO was he as talented as Macho Man was. Mach was the complete package no doubt about it. These days we see somebody who is great in the ring but not on the mic. Great on the mic but not in the ring.

Savage was great at both. He had a lot of memorable promos like the one at Wrestlemania III or any of the Mean Gene ones like the cup of coffee. His best work IMO was with Arsenio Hall, especially when he was there the first time.

He had great matches. There's Steamboat. He had good matches with Flair and Warrior. He also defended the WWF title against a young Shawn Michaels that was a damn good match.

I'll remember his slim jim commercials, ohhh yeahhh catchphrase and his wonderful outfits. Ms. Elizabeth as his valet all those years.

Savage has such a legacy and did so much that the aforementioned is what I'll remember him for.

Ill always remeber the promos, the youtube vids, the matches, the wild outfits, the managers he had, and just about everything he did.

I have to say the most memorable moment of his career had to be at Wrestlemania 7. If you watched his career from the WMIII Steamboat match up until that match with The Warrior, you would understand what I mean.

He went from nearly killing Ricky Steamboat and abusing Elizabeth to winning the title and forming the Mega Powers to becoming one of the biggest faces of the 80's, all the way down to becoming one of the most hated heels as the "king" with Scary Sherri.

Then at WM7, just one moment with Elizabeth cleared all of that up, and after 2 years of being one of the most hated, he was back as the top face. If it were a movie or TV show, the 87 - 91 Savage Story couldn't have ended any better.

I've always had a soft spot for Hogan. And to me, Macho Man was the yin to hogan's yang. His Lex Luthor to his Superman.

At least, that's how I saw it as a little kid in the '80s. I can't say that Savage was my favorite, but he was definitely my second favorite, and an exciting legend in his own right, and I don't think I would have marked out over Hogan had it not been for his ability to sell a fued.

I'll never forget the megapowers, and their ultimate destruction. I loved watching macho man, but wanted Hogan to hand his ass to him so badly. He was so entertaining, with his many multicolored outfits, and high-energy, grizzled voice; and yet, I still wanted his head on a platter. Not many wrestlers can say they have the ability to captivate the audience in such a way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back