How to repackage a wrestler: Drew McIntyre

cmedge

The Abdi
Okay so...

I'm starting a new series called How to repackage a wrestler. With that being said the point of this is to see how a certain wrestler who's gimmick is rather boring and to see how to tweak the gimmick so it won't be as boring.

So Let's start out with "The Chosen One" "A Future World Champion".

Drew McIntyre

This guy debuted on Smackdown and destroyed R-Truth then immediatley beat JoMo for the IC Title. I thought at the time that he was an overrated piece of crap and a boring IC Champ. He qualified for Money In The Bank lost a couple of matches beat Kane and lost at Wrestlemania. Right afterwards he began a feud with Matt Hardy, Kofi Kingston and Teddy Long at the same time. He began showing more arrogance, and attitude and he looked freckin badass! I use to watch Smackdown around that time to see what Drew would do next. He looked badass. Right after Matt squashed Drew and so did Kofi. Drew began to float around on Smackdown doing nothing basically. Apparently he was supposed to win Money In The Bank and apparently he was supposed to beat down Undertaker at Bragging Rights but didn't. Then later on he wasn't called "The Chosen One" anymore. Drew began to improve a little he has decent mic skills decent in ring skills. A great look, decent build and an awesome theme song. Oh yeah I forgot to mention he had a pointless tag team title reign with Cody but that did nothing for him.

Drew had a couple of encounters with Edge and qualified for EC and lost. He had a short storyline with Kelly Kelly which could have done wonders for him but didn't.

Should've/Could've/Would've basically.

So now I have to ask you what would you do to tweak Drew's character?

As for me, I would add a more badass edge to his character. A more intense superstar who always beats down his opponents like Ken Shamrock. Something like that. A crazed Drew one that makes an insane look in the ring a more dangerous Drew. To actually be "The Sinister Scottsman" a more badass Drew a crazed Drew. He shouldn't even have his hair tied back leave it without the tie. Have him be this insane monster heel moving through the ranks of Smackdown getting world title shots. I think Drew could pull it off and make it look believeable. This crazed character that is obsessed with the World Title. I think Drew has alot of potential. Have him one time lose a match againstforums.wrestlezone.comnd then have him put on some kind of submission and go crazy and refuse to let him go. Just have him lose a match or enter a losing streak and then he just snaps after the match and goes insane and has this new mean streak not this artifical mean streak WWE wants us to believe that he has. This crazed monster heel Drew could work. What would you do to repackage Drew turn him face? What would you do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back