How to bring back the Nation of Domination in this era of the WWE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that the Nation (although I love it back then) would be a horrible idea to bring back. I remember the Nation, and I also remember the fact that it was a black panther's like organization. Right now, the WWE is at a totally different position then it was back then. It would hurt it more than it would help, and it would also hurt the black superstars more than it would help, because it would bring public attention to the fact that they as a group, feels discriminated against because of their skin color. It would set off a ripple effect bigger than anything in recent memory. They are already walking a very very thin tight rope with the R-Truth angle.

As black people, we are not being held down by "The Man" anymore, we are being held down by ourselves, so the Nation wouldn't really fit in this day in age. R-Truth's only work because he is borderline insane with the way he goes by it. In order for a Nationesque faction to be respectable, they would have to be more serious than comical or crazy, and that's the last thing the E needs right now. It's best to leave well enough alone, and let the Nation remain dormant, because it would turn a scenario that we all enjoy, into a constant racial debate, and right now, that is only the case to some in the IWC, let's not make it a debate that incompasses the entire company, and having R-Truth, who is in the main event picture, lead a faction like the Nation, would do exactly that. and these thoughts are coming from a member of a Nation of Domination faction outside of wrestling, also known as everyday life as a struggling black man trying to help my people do better for themselves.

Mack Swagger as a Nation of Domination fan you are not that good You say Nation of Domination have two different leaders

what did Forgot Owen Hart being co-leader with the Rock

As you remember back during that night when the Rock became the new leader of the Nation, that he proclaim to not only be the leader of the Nation. But the ruler as well.

So I doubt that the Rock would make Owen Hart a co-leader of the Nation when Owen wa the last member to fall in the faction. And Owen Hart was the first member of the NOD to bail out of the group after his fueds with Ken Shamrock and Dan Sevren. Now what kind of co-leader is that?

I don't care what anybody thinks, this could work if done right. I could see it being Truth, Kingston, Titus O'Neal, Abe Washington as a manager, and also a token white guy like Owen Was during the later part of the Nation. I could see Jack Swagger fitting that part really well. As for Booker T being the one they feud with I don't see it. I think Big Zeke would work way better, he's like a modern day Ahmed Johnson, same build basically and red trunks. To make it even better I think they should bring back Elijah Burke or even Marcus Cor Von, that guy was the shit back on ECW.

theres no point in bringing back the Nation of Domination, the Mexicools, the NWO, the Four Horsemen, or any other faction that has been used in the past. Are you people to dense to realize how terrible the two current factions in the WWE are?

The Corre has been garbage since its creation. Barrett is boring, in the ring and on the mic. I don't know how Heath Slater(what kind of fucking name is Heath anyway?) hasn't gotten his walking papers yet. Gabriel is boring, his best move is his 450 splash, nothing else he does is impressive, he also cannot cut a promo. Big Zeke has one thing going for him, he's big but nothing else about him is impressive.

The Nexus really serves no purpose other than to get Mason Ryan over with the crowd at this point. Punk doesn't need the group, its holding him back from being the best heel in the company. Otunga has been held back by being in the group he's the only one who could of been a breakout star from the group last year, but they failed at it. Michael McGillicutty has nothing special going for him. Husky Harris was written off TV. Skip is still injured. Tarver was written off TV, showed up randomly on Smackdown, then on Raw, and has vanished again. Cena's black face clone hasn't been seen on TV in who knows how long. Daniel Bryant is still a jobber.

Legacy never gained all the gold. Orton was able to become champ, but Cody and Ted could never gain the tag old while aligned with him. Rather than building up two future stars, it only helped elevate Orton further.

NO MORE FACTIONS

Dang, you took the words right out of my fingers (lol). My sentiments exactly! I wish people would stop saying bring this stable back, bring that stable back. If it's not Flair, Blanchard, and the Andersons (or sub Windham for Ole) it would NOT be the 4-Horsemen. If it's not Hogan, Hall, Nash, Sixx, and Dibiase it would not be the NWO. If it's not Rude, Austin, Zybysko, Anderson, and Eaton it's not the Dangerous Alliance..... etc., etc...

Just focus on creating NEW stars and IF (IF) you bring in factions how about NEW ideas and not trying to rehash stuff from the past. Originality, okay.

I think bringing back the Nation with the same gimmick would be awful. I think the Nation did do a good job exposing guys who in any other case would have been buried on the undercard or dark matches. I think The Rock would have been successful Nation or not, but guys like The Godfather (Kama) and D-Lo really prospered from the stable. I think R. Truth's current angle would be suit him with a stable, but I wouldn't call them the Nation of Domination. I don't think Truth is believable in beating Cena alone and a stable may actually make you think he has a chance. I would throw JTG with him as the sidekick, maybe Byron Saxton as the mouthpiece and maybe add a bodyguard type guy, maybe Titus O'Neil or grab somebody from FCW. I think after the feud with Cena Kofi would be the perfect antagonist for them, similar to what Ahmed was to the Nation. Give Kofi that mean streak he had during the Orton feud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back