How Rusev/Cena feud that could set up the Wrestlemania 32 main event as well!!!

Is this a good overall plan?

• Hell Yea! Book It!!!!!

• Terrible idea

• Pretty good idea but could be ALOT better

• I didn't even read it I just want to vote it sucks

Results are only viewable after voting.

That N Word

Actively evolving
This is what should happen the two face off at Fast Lane and Rusev beats Cena and makes him pass out to the accolade and Cena so desperate to beat get another shot at him he puts his career on the line. Rusev beats Cena at Mania leaving everyone in shock (this would write Cena off until SS.) At SummerSlam Cena returns to avenge his loss and not let his career end that way but loses to Rusev. Cena comes out the next night and states he is not retiring but he needs to find his mojo and drops the mic and leave. At Survivor Series Roman Reigns become the first man to pin Rusev. We see Cena backstage looking on the tv screen and looking frustrated and walks out the locker room slamming the door. Cena begins to get jealous of Reigns doing everything he failed to do (beating Lesnar,Rusev, ending The Authority) and he returns at RR costing Reigns his title against Wyatt and FINALLY turning heel leading to Roman Reigns vs. John Cena at WrestleMania 32. I know people say he is not turning heel and it wouldn't make sense for him too. However if WWE really wants Roman to be "the guy" then one of two things NEEDS to happen. He can either go take a break, or turn heel to cement that. I think with this storyline it makes sense because not only does it make Rusev look like a star it makes all of the following happen.

-Long term booking plan
-Sets up WrestleMania main event
-Cements Rusev as a star
-Make Roman a star
-Cement Reigns as the Face of WWE
-Boost Cena's legacy
-Keeps Cena away from the World title picture
-Creates some huge moments
-Creates some shockers

Where would that leave the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania 32... Wyatt vs Orton. Think about it Cena vs Reigns,Wyatt vs. Orton (c) (WWE Hvt. title),Triple H (face) vs. Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose (heel) vs. Daniel Bryan, Rusev vs. Cesaro (face) as the top matches for WrestleMania 32. Pretty much all above are considered "dream matches" and all would be great matches with pretty good storytelling. It also makes the future "evolve" and be cemented into the present.

What do you think of this plan??? How would you book it differently

Sucks. Hate it. Bored out of my mind. There's a thousand reasons it's terrible/wouldn't work. Some factual. Some personal opinion.

1.) Cena tapping to Rusev. Won't happen. Will never happen. Not ever. I don't know if Cena has ever tapped out. Maybe once and maybe early in his career I'm sure a couple people could dig something up. But Cena's whole motto is not giving up. Therefore... he will not give up by tapping.

2.) Rusev is boring. He's boring. I couldn't care less if I never see Rusev again. This is a personal opinion obviously. But I'm just so bored with the "I Hate America" foreigner gimmick. It's not fresh. Not exciting. I'm tired of it.

3.) "The Career on the Line" match is so overplayed and I've seen enough of it to last two lifetimes. Plus what's the purpose of Cena coming back six months later if he loses with his career on the line? It's already done to death. It devalues that entire gimmick for the rest of time. Especially if he loses. You can't lose that match and just come back six months later.

4.) "Boost Cena's Legacy?" By what? Beating Reigns? Hardly. Roman Reigns is not a guy you build a legacy off of right now or even one year from now. He hasn't even done anything yet. One year of Reigns doing things is not going to put any kind of stamp of accomplishment on Cena's career.

5.) Not one single match there is a "dream match." MAYBE Ambrose/Bryan but neither character has been built enough to have that aura about them just yet. Especially Ambrose. You need to build guys to be damn near legends to put them in "dream match" scenarios. In five years or so, some of those may work. Timing determines a dream match. Not just throwing two guys that are decent in a ring and saying "go."

6.) One year later, where is Rusev? How and why does Rusev beat Super-Cena three times in a row and then get relegated to facing Cesaro at the biggest show of the year? That's a pretty hard fall for Rusev going from three wins a year over the face of the company to facing Cesaro. That's terrible. That's a Dolph Ziggler-esque plummet to the bottom. Rusev better be fighting for titles if he's putting that kind of whooping to Cena.

There's elements that are good... but for my money, mostly bad.

Sorry but I'll make this short and sweet. Some good ideas, some not so good. I feel like one injury to anyone in your scenario and it comes to a screeching halt. Remember last year they sort of planned the same thing with Daniel Bryan and look what happened there. Bryan went out, Reigns had an operation, Barrett shoulder injury, they got screwed.

But the one thing that brings your story line to an unfortunate conclusion before it even starts is this. You know what John Cena does every time they he appears on stage don't you. He stops holds up a towel and that towel says 3 words, NEVER GIVE UP. If he put his career on the line and then left to get his mojo back, that means everything he stood for in the past is gone.

Cesaro vs rusev great idea.Bryan vs ambrose even greater as long as it is face vs face.I don't remember the last time when two guys who were so over went 1 on 1 after rocky vs scsa II.
Cena turning heel won't happen.

That is such a terrible idea. No, it won't happen.

Rusev won't beat Cena, Cena won't leave for months unless he has a real life injury and Reigns isn't going to be the guy or at least not next year.

Sucks. Hate it. Bored out of my mind. There's a thousand reasons it's terrible/wouldn't work. Some factual. Some personal opinion.

1.) Cena tapping to Rusev. Won't happen. Will never happen. Not ever. I don't know if Cena has ever tapped out. Maybe once and maybe early in his career I'm sure a couple people could dig something up. But Cena's whole motto is not giving up. Therefore... he will not give up by tapping.

2.) Rusev is boring. He's boring. I couldn't care less if I never see Rusev again. This is a personal opinion obviously. But I'm just so bored with the "I Hate America" foreigner gimmick. It's not fresh. Not exciting. I'm tired of it.

3.) "The Career on the Line" match is so overplayed and I've seen enough of it to last two lifetimes. Plus what's the purpose of Cena coming back six months later if he loses with his career on the line? It's already done to death. It devalues that entire gimmick for the rest of time. Especially if he loses. You can't lose that match and just come back six months later.

4.) "Boost Cena's Legacy?" By what? Beating Reigns? Hardly. Roman Reigns is not a guy you build a legacy off of right now or even one year from now. He hasn't even done anything yet. One year of Reigns doing things is not going to put any kind of stamp of accomplishment on Cena's career.

5.) Not one single match there is a "dream match." MAYBE Ambrose/Bryan but neither character has been built enough to have that aura about them just yet. Especially Ambrose. You need to build guys to be damn near legends to put them in "dream match" scenarios. In five years or so, some of those may work. Timing determines a dream match. Not just throwing two guys that are decent in a ring and saying "go."

6.) One year later, where is Rusev? How and why does Rusev beat Super-Cena three times in a row and then get relegated to facing Cesaro at the biggest show of the year? That's a pretty hard fall for Rusev going from three wins a year over the face of the company to facing Cesaro. That's terrible. That's a Dolph Ziggler-esque plummet to the bottom. Rusev better be fighting for titles if he's putting that kind of whooping to Cena.

There's elements that are good... but for my money, mostly bad.

Did you even read it first of all....

1.) I never said Cena taps out, I said he passes out to the accolade...it not only makes Rusev look strong,cement him as a main eventer, it makes buzz

2.) Rusev is not really boring, he barely has had a good story to work with.

3.) The career on the line stip adds to the element of surprise that Cena loses.

4.) I didn't say Cena beat Reigns period because the plan would be for Reigns to win and be cemented as "the guy." What would boost the legacy would be the heel turn. Everyonne has been saying it won't happen but WrestleMania 32 would be perfect timing.

5.) You don't have to be legends to be a dream match. Your telling me Reigns/Cena isn't a dream match (there's only one legend involved there) same with Lesnar/Cesaro and Reigns/Lesnar wasn't until it begin to become reality, Batista/Reigns, Triple H/Reigns, Punk/Ambrose,Angle/Bryan. These are just a few where there is only one legend involved. There are some where no legend is involved so your telling me Ambrose/Rollins wasn't a dream match or Wyatt/Ambrose wasn't a dream match.

That is such a terrible idea. No, it won't happen.

Rusev won't beat Cena, Cena won't leave for months unless he has a real life injury and Reigns isn't going to be the guy or at least not next year.

WWE needed to depend on him then now they don't. In case you missed Smackdown it was way better than the Raw's the past couple of weeks. Besides Cena seems bored now if you haven't been watching lately. It seems he needs a break. Lately he seems like Lawler at the announce table.

Sorry but I'll make this short and sweet. Some good ideas, some not so good. I feel like one injury to anyone in your scenario and it comes to a screeching halt. Remember last year they sort of planned the same thing with Daniel Bryan and look what happened there. Bryan went out, Reigns had an operation, Barrett shoulder injury, they got screwed.

But the one thing that brings your story line to an unfortunate conclusion before it even starts is this. You know what John Cena does every time they he appears on stage don't you. He stops holds up a towel and that towel says 3 words, NEVER GIVE UP. If he put his career on the line and then left to get his mojo back, that means everything he stood for in the past is gone.

That is the entire point of the story. Cena starts to lose his mojo on that. Cena leaves to find his self and finds it's all Reigns fault and that he has to stop the future "and Reigns has to go through him"

This is what should happen the two face off at Fast Lane and Rusev beats Cena and makes him pass out to the accolade and Cena so desperate to beat get another shot at him he puts his career on the line. Rusev beats Cena at Mania leaving everyone in shock (this would write Cena off until SS.) At SummerSlam Cena returns to avenge his loss and not let his career end that way but loses to Rusev. Cena comes out the next night and states he is not retiring but he needs to find his mojo and drops the mic and leave. At Survivor Series Roman Reigns become the first man to pin Rusev. We see Cena backstage looking on the tv screen and looking frustrated and walks out the locker room slamming the door. Cena begins to get jealous of Reigns doing everything he failed to do (beating Lesnar,Rusev, ending The Authority) and he returns at RR costing Reigns his title against Wyatt and FINALLY turning heel leading to Roman Reigns vs. John Cena at WrestleMania 32. I know people say he is not turning heel and it wouldn't make sense for him too. However if WWE really wants Roman to be "the guy" then one of two things NEEDS to happen. He can either go take a break, or turn heel to cement that. I think with this storyline it makes sense because not only does it make Rusev look like a star it makes all of the following happen.

-Long term booking plan
-Sets up WrestleMania main event
-Cements Rusev as a star
-Make Roman a star
-Cement Reigns as the Face of WWE
-Boost Cena's legacy
-Keeps Cena away from the World title picture
-Creates some huge moments
-Creates some shockers

Where would that leave the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania 32... Wyatt vs Orton. Think about it Cena vs Reigns,Wyatt vs. Orton (c) (WWE Hvt. title),Triple H (face) vs. Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose (heel) vs. Daniel Bryan, Rusev vs. Cesaro (face) as the top matches for WrestleMania 32. Pretty much all above are considered "dream matches" and all would be great matches with pretty good storytelling. It also makes the future "evolve" and be cemented into the present.

What do you think of this plan??? How would you book it differently

Interesting idea. I doubt WWE would have Rusev vs. Cena at Fast Lane when it's a WrestleMania caliber match.

I couldn't imagine Cena putting his career on the line but that definitely is some desperation. I doubt WWE would write off Cena that long, they would lose so much money having to refund tickets at house shows for Cena not being there etc. I don't think Cena will turn heel. He doesn't have to turn heel to face Roman for the title. He could just simply win the Royal Rumble in 2016.

If they want Roman to be the guy, it's up to the writers and his performances. I'd love to see Reigns face HHH one on one, Rusev, Rollins and finally Cena, he do well in those, it shouldn't be no doubt he'll be the top guy one day.

Interesting idea. I doubt WWE would have Rusev vs. Cena at Fast Lane when it's a WrestleMania caliber match.

I couldn't imagine Cena putting his career on the line but that definitely is some desperation. I doubt WWE would write off Cena that long, they would lose so much money having to refund tickets at house shows for Cena not being there etc. I don't think Cena will turn heel. He doesn't have to turn heel to face Roman for the title. He could just simply win the Royal Rumble in 2016.

If they want Roman to be the guy, it's up to the writers and his performances. I'd love to see Reigns face HHH one on one, Rusev, Rollins and finally Cena, he do well in those, it shouldn't be no doubt he'll be the top guy one day.

Thanks, but you misunderstood something and that is the match wouldn't be for the title. Maybe they can have a rematch at 33 for the belt. But here is what I was getting at with writing Cena off tv and turning him heel. If WWE really wants Reigns to be the guy they would need to trust 100% that he can do so with out Cena being there. That is why I came up with the idea of Cena taking a part-time schedule for 2016. It would be good to make the title involved in their match. but the thing with that is Cena winning the RR for a 3rd time so soon. The thing I have with him turning heel is again the WWE needs to be able to trust Reigns 100% and make it clear he is #1. Also the fact that the future is taking over. Post-WrestleMania season if this story happens then my top heel/face roster would look like

Top Faces
  1. Roman Reigns
  2. Daniel Bryan
  3. John Cena (Until the heel turn where he is #1 heel)
  4. Dolph Ziggler
  5. Randy Orton

Top Heels
  1. Dean Ambrose
  2. Seth Rollins
  3. Bray Wyatt
  4. Rusev
  5. Bad News Barrett

The thing is with Cena barely there and losing so often to a mid-card champion it make Rusev looks strong and Cena's top dog status fade slowly.

My plan concerning Reigns PPV schedule leading to WrestleMania 32 would be

WrestleMania 31- Defeats Lesnar

Extreme Rules- Draws against Dean Ambrose (Who stops Rollins cash in and turns heel on him afterwards)

Payback-Defeats Dean Ambrose by DQ; Seth cashes in

MITB- Rollins def. Reigns /w/ help of Heyman; Dean wins MITB

BattleGround- Roman and Seth fight to a no-contest and Dean cashes in

Summerslam- Roman Reigns def. Seth and Dean in a triple threat to regain title
Night of Champions- Roman Reigns def. Triple H (who is still heel and turns face post-match to raise his hand)

Survivor Series- Becomes the first to def. Rusev and unifies that US and World title and retires the US titles after.

TLC- Retains against Rusev

Royal Rumble- Wyatt def. Reigns /w/ help of Cena in a Falls Count Anywhere Match

Fast Lane- Cena and Reigns contract signing

WrestleMania 32- John Cena vs Roman Reigns ("The Torch" is On The Line)

I like the idea somewhat but it seems like you have Cena losing all of his matches for a year which would devalue Reigns's win over him surely. Also when Cena finally does turn heel you can't just have him lose his first match and kill him off. There is I assume a fuck Ton of money in a Cena heel turn I think you should let him redo some of his feuds but this time as a heel. He'll win those feuds then the following year you have Reigns slay him and become the undisputed king of the wwe universe

I like the idea somewhat but it seems like you have Cena losing all of his matches for a year which would devalue Reigns's win over him surely. Also when Cena finally does turn heel you can't just have him lose his first match and kill him off. There is I assume a fuck Ton of money in a Cena heel turn I think you should let him redo some of his feuds but this time as a heel. He'll win those feuds then the following year you have Reigns slay him and become the undisputed king of the wwe universe

Great Evaluaton, Maybe Cena should win the first match and run rumpshot over WWE before Reigns beats him at WrestleMania 33.

Eh. Not really a fan of it. I'm of the opinion that if and when Cena turns, there should be no buildup.....Sounds stupid, but I think if it came out of nowhere there is less of a chance of us (net users) to ruin it for ourselves. Surprises (especially in this age) are part what brings me to the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back