How Many Wrestling Matches Have You Seen?

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
I got to thinking and I could realistically see it being close to or even over 35,000. Think about this for a second.

Note: when I say seen, I mean one match, one view. In other words, watching the same match three times counts as one.

Let's be conservative and say Raw averages 4 matches a show over its entire run, and I'm including everything from their debut to today, 17 years, both one, two and three hour shows so this number is going to be very lower than it should be. At four matches a show, 50 shows a year to make the math easier, that's 3400 matches.

Smackdown: Four matches a show, 50 shows a year, 10 years (again lowballing all three): 2000 matches.

Nitro: Four matches a show, 50 shows a year, 5 years: 1000.

That's almost 6,500 matches going ridiculously conservative. We haven't touched Thunder, Old ECW, New ECW, TNA, Random shows like WCW Saturday Night, Main Event, All American Wrestling, Superstars (old and new), Power Hour, Metal/Jakked, SNME, COTC, Indy shows that I watch, Old School shows from various companies and countries.

Oh and that's not even touching Pay Per View. Again going conservative, 9 matches a show, 25 Wrestlemanias, 225 matches.

You could conceivably double the amounts of matches on all three of those television shows I listed as well.

Also, before you think about the math, consider this. On television, how many matches have you seen that don't last ten minutes? How many matches have you seen that don't last 5 minutes? How many matches have you seen that don't last two minutes? Goldberg anybody? There are thousands of matches that have aired on free television alone. The numbers could get ridiculously high ridiculously fast.

So how many do you think you've seen?

No, I'm on an acceptable ammount of time. Next time you're online and I'm not, it's because I'm doing something more important.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back