How Long Will Johnny Ace Be the Interim General Manager of Raw?

PunkNation26

Most Charismatic Champion Ever!!!!!
I thought that Interim meant temporary. However, it seems like Johnny Ace may be here to stay. Will he ever be replaced?

I don't mind, as long as hes still giving us classic lines like, "I'm not little Jimmy, I'm big Jonny" and "My name is John Lauranitis... (you know the rest)"

It's probably just temporary, like NXT.......... oh wait.

Actually, as long as he is still a big part of a storyline he will be GM. I wonder if WWE even knows who is going to replace him. A heel GM is always the best way to go. He is slowly growing on me, so I am happy for him to stay.

I can see his GM'ness (hey look I made up a word) being a part of a WM stipulation. Y2J vs CM Punk with Johnnys job on the line maybe?

I hope it doesn't last much longer, I've missed watching full RAWs without turning the TV off in frustration.

I have a feeling there will be a power struggle soon, most likely Mick Foley will be going against him, I actually was guessing that was where this Monday was going, but didn't show a strong enough sign of happening quite yet.

I could see Mick Foley or HHH, or anyone like that doing a power grab style match at WM, my best guess at this point is that we'll see him gone, or permanent GM at WM.

edit: I didn't read the last post that beat me to the WM idea, oops.

I think something at WM will be linked to Johnny's job. There will surely be some payback for his cheap shot on Mick Foley? I would be ok with a Laurinaitus v Foley match, or Mick and Johnny managing a wrestler in a match like the McMahon v Trump scenario at WM a few years ago.

He is growing on me. We aren't meant to like him, he is a heel GM but I think he is growing into the role more and more. I am looking forward to seeing him being replaced, and I reckon it will be at WM this year in some kind of stipulation match. As another poster mentioned, it could be tied into a CM Punk v Chris Jericho match, with Foley supporting Punk and Laurinatius on the side of Jericho...

well let's look at it like this.. he's the executive vice president of talent relations and current raw interim general manager, so as the executive vice president of talent relations and current raw interim general manager, i think he
pretty much has a job for life, wether it's as the executive vice president of talent relations, or the executive vice president of talent relations AND current raw interim general manager. so either way, i don't think we'll ever really see the back of him. just keep making those fantastic executive vice presidential and raw interim general managerial decisions big johnny!

LOL Titan, that's very funny, but you better be careful because that might be considered spam. I guess I better say something about Johnny Ace. I think he should stay as GM until Mania, then lose the job to Foley when CM Punk beats Jeritroll and retains the WWE Championship.

I hope Johnny Ace stays around as GM for a long time. Personally I think he's hillarious. And the dude gets heat so no reason to remove him from the spot

He will be there until they drop the storyline out of nowhere like 95% of the other storylines on Raw in last 6 months

well that's just it! Johnny Laryngitis is Mr. Spam! so in reality, we're all just victims of mass spamming for atleast 15 minutes every monday evening

Well during his rant at the end of RAW, he mentioned he would soon be permanent General Manager, so they're probably moving towards him trying to hang on to his job and stick around for a good while longer.

I'm glad, he's getting into his groove as a character in the last few weeks, and it shouldn't be cut short.

I think something at WM will be linked to Johnny's job. There will surely be some payback for his cheap shot on Mick Foley? I would be ok with a Laurinaitus v Foley match, or Mick and Johnny managing a wrestler in a match like the McMahon v Trump scenario at WM a few years ago.

I guess that means you want to see Johnny Ace get the Mandible Claw? I think that Monday showed ACe can garner some heat and we all know Mick wants back in the ring. I always like to see Mick involved somehow

If he preforms like he did last night then im okay with him being around a little while.

I CAN NOT stand his voice thought.

I think him and Punk can be somewhat compared to Vinny Mac/ Austin

I think they hinted that the storyline might be starting of Johnny being fired soon on RAW. He admitted he was ganna screw Punk. I could even see Foley vs Johnny a for GM. LOL:lmao: But I do think he's out soon.

Although I wouldnt mind if he stayed. He has really progressed. He uses his boring in a good way! Yes I never thought i would say it... But BIG JOHNNY is growing on me!

well let's look at it like this.. he's the executive vice president of talent relations and current raw interim general manager, so as the executive vice president of talent relations and current raw interim general manager, i think he
pretty much has a job for life, wether it's as the executive vice president of talent relations, or the executive vice president of talent relations AND current raw interim general manager. so either way, i don't think we'll ever really see the back of him. just keep making those fantastic executive vice presidential and raw interim general managerial decisions big johnny!
:worship:

I like Johnny Ace as GM. His character has developed slowly week after week and he has become the biggest heel on Raw. He as been....entertaining. As long as he continues to get the reaction he gets, he should stay. The length of his on-air character will rely entirely on creative's ability ro use him effectively in storylines.

He's going to have a power struggle with and be replaced by the anonymous raw general manager, whom is going to remain anonymous.

To answer the question, he'll lose his job as some major PPV. Most likely WM, but if not, Summerslam. We really haven't seen Johnny reign with a heel WWE Champion, and I would think they would like to use his heat towards a guy like Dolph or Miz post WM. If he loses his GM tag at summerslam, you go into Monday Night Football season with a new GM and more plot twists. But enough on that, something is bothering me:

Is Ace REALLY growing on you people? Or as wrestling fans of a new era, you try your darndest to ignore all the uselessness & corniness that the show provides at long extents of time, and try only to be optimistic of what you see? Granted, he has worked hard on his craft and is a better persona than he was in September, BUT THE GUY IS STILL TERRIBLE! He doesn't make storylines more entertaining and you never come from Raw, running to your computers, blogging "Laurinitis for Prez 2012"(lol). If I was on screen getting yelled at by Punk for 2-3 segments, you would think I was good at my job too. We, as fans, DESERVE BETTER

To answer the question, he'll lose his job as some major PPV. Most likely WM, but if not, Summerslam. We really haven't seen Johnny reign with a heel WWE Champion, and I would think they would like to use his heat towards a guy like Dolph or Miz post WM. If he loses his GM tag at summerslam, you go into Monday Night Football season with a new GM and more plot twists. But enough on that, something is bothering me:

Is Ace REALLY growing on you people? Or as wrestling fans of a new era, you try your darndest to ignore all the uselessness & corniness that the show provides at long extents of time, and try only to be optimistic of what you see? Granted, he has worked hard on his craft and is a better persona than he was in September, BUT THE GUY IS STILL TERRIBLE! He doesn't make storylines more entertaining and you never come from Raw, running to your computers, blogging "Laurinitis for Prez 2012"(lol). If I was on screen getting yelled at by Punk for 2-3 segments, you would think I was good at my job too. We, as fans, DESERVE BETTER

Actually, I do think he makes it more entertaining. Over the past month, his persona has become quite hilarious. I don't shout "____ for prez" for anyone (???), but I would advocate lots more Johnny Ace.

His promo after Punk's is the reason more people are on board now, by the way, not because of Punk's own promo.

YEAh i always hear people say well as long as someone is getting heat from the crowd let them stay bs to me there is a difference between heat because of the character you play on tv and heat cause the fan just dont like your ass peroid lol. i mean i respect jeriocho so him doing this whatever his doing is fine to me cause i know its a heel thing but most fans respect him so if his playing a heel or babyface we still like and respect him no matter what cause we know what he has done for the business and his love for it but at the same time if you dont like a wrestler you dont like a wrestler no matter what the hell he plays maybe thats just me. but on to the topic he has not grown on me cause he aint beliveable for me he is to stiff he does not come off like its real thats why the whole cm punk thing there doing is boring not punk cause he puts life and energy in his promos loved his promo this monday but a storyline is only as intresting as the people in it if the punk and jonnhy ace storyline was sooooooooo good then why put mick foley in ? but i will say no replace him and replace him quick ...

I'd like a battle for control... Y2J vs CM Punk. Johnny stands behind Jericho and Foley stands behind punk...

If they find it boring, they can put in a Triple H, Vince McMahon, Steph McMahon and so many more people. The winner gets the power and the WWE title!

He'll eventually be replaced but that won't be anytime soon as he's doing very well in the role. He gets great heat and he comes off very much like a souless corporate ass kisser that has an extremely elevated opinion of himself. It's easy to dislike someone like that. And that's the entire point of Big Johnny, you're not supposed to like his character. You're supposed to want to see him get his ass kicked or somehow "lose his job".

I'm guessing that he'll stay in this role for the majority of this year at least. I might be wrong on this, but my guess is that JL will form an alliance with Chris Jericho and ultimately help him become WWE Champion. I imagine he'll be in his current role at the very lease until the potential Punk vs. Jericho program comes to an end.

What we're seeing here is that as good as CM Punk is at being able to ad lib while maintaining within the boundaries of a generic script, John Laurinaitis is just as bad with acting. He's not good at remembering his lines, delivering his lines in a believable manner, or showing emotion. Thus, he is a bad actor. However, there are a few reasons why they might try to keep him on the show.

With John Cena, WWE has made it pretty clear that they're so desperate for fans to be involved at shows that they don't care why their talent gets a reaction as long as they do. Therefore I wouldn't be entirely surprised if they kept JL on the show in a GM role just for the fact that people are booing. Completely disregarding that many people seem to be booing more so because he's such a terrible actor and not because they see past it enough to hate him.

He'll be gone in a few weeks if not by the end of Mania.

Stephanie is coming back.

Everyone needs to remember the "SHE" part of Jericho's promos of his return.

Stephanie will come in and steal the power from Johnny Ace and probably via a match stipulation like most here are saying. The writing on the wall was Johnny Ace getting violent with Mick Foley.. Remember, the board wanted him there to have a GM who would keep his hands off of people. Johnny Ace just proved he has a temper that cannot be controlled. This will ultimately lead to his undoing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back