How do you book the WWE Universal Championship after next week?

Psykohurricane55

Staff member
So, it seem after the finn balor injury, were going back to the same old, same old on raw with reigns and rollins on top. It's pretty much a sure thing that either reigns or rollins is winning the title next week so the question is, what do you do with the champion going in to clash of champion because like it or not, the raw brand is really lacking in top guy compare to smackdown.

If reigns wins, you could cleary do a title vs title match at clash of champion and continue his feud with rusev. You could even inserted rollins and do a 3 way match out of it. You have kevin owens that's ready for a title push but he'S still stock in a feud with enzo and cass. Sheamus could be book there but again he's stuck in the best of 7 with cesaro so both guys can be inserted into that.

And if rollins win, who could you book against him at clash of champion. Again same as for reigns, the 3 way thing for the us and universal title is there. outside of that, you could book Zayn as a challenger but the guy as lost so many times against rollins that nobody will believe that zayn got a chance to win the belt so the match won'T attract fans. Neville is in the same boat as zayn since he'S been book to look he doesn'T matter on the roster. Outside of that, their really nobody that you could use as a one off to challenge rollins for the title unless you bring Big show back from semi retirement for the ppv.

So unless they bring somebody like samoa joe up the main roster to challenge for the universal title, they have a big problem on their hand because all the guys that are ready to be in the top spot are stuck in feud already and the rest of the raw roster as been book to look like they don't really matters

So how do you book this thing after next week raw?

We've seen champions do double duty, maybe it's time we see a double duty challenger?
Roman Reigns competes for both titles at Clash of Champions, Facing both Ru-ru and Seth.

If they want to keep going with the "Shove Roman down their throats until they puke" we can see him get a US and Universal title shot in the same night. Of Course, Romans cardio sucks, and he usually spends half the match sleeping, but I've watched Seth wrestle broomsticks before, and Ru-ru can be done quickly with the injury angle, or Lana turning on him for Roman and ditching her accent.

Outside of that, KO and Jericho can break up and turn into a 3 way match where they screw eachother and keep that angle going on.

I think the title has to go to Rollins next week because he is the only one really ready and available.

• Reigns definitely needs his blowoff with Rusev still.
  • Owens probably has a weird face turn coming up with this Jericho relationship.
  • Cass is just there to give him a main event audition--nothing more.

In terms of who will challenge Rollins for the title at the next PPV, will the Cesaro/Sheamus best of 7 series potentially be wrapped up by then? Perhaps they can add a stipulation to that series that the winner is #1 contender? Are there 4 raws between now and raw's PPV? If so, just let Cesaro win 4 in a row and then challenge Rollins.

If that's not possible, you might be able to complete the Owens/Jericho angle sufficiently, and build Owens up as the #1 contender. I hope they don' t attempt to put Reigns in that storyline permanently, as I would actually be interested in seeing him and Rusev have a multi-PPV storyline.

WWE will likely just start dropping current storylines to move in a new direction but it would be nice to see them somewhat remain the course and tie multiple programs together. Moving forward they also face the challenge of having very few established main event stars on RAW.

- A very simple solution for creative would be to put the Universal Championship on Roman Reigns. He then goes onto face Rusev, a continuation of their feud, at Clash of Champions in an actual Clash of Champions.

- As the situation currently stands I would play it out as so. Next Monday in Houston we have the Four Way for the Championship. In the match Rusev takes Reigns out of the picture thus fueling the fire between the two. We are left with three competing for the pin fall. KO eventually capitalizes and earns the victory by pinning Big Cass. The JeriKo/Enzo & Cass feud gets a rub and continues as a side story. Clash of Champions is set for KO defending against Rollins. In the build we get a tease that either could turn or actually become more of a heel. At the Clash KO goes over. Post-match KO eats a Code Breaker setting up his next feud.

This just shows how ridiculously thin the rosters are and how (in hindsight, I thought they were a good idea initially) they were a terrible idea. Raw was meant to be built around Reigns, Rollins and Balor, that much is clear. Reigns got himself doghoused, Balor got injured and so we're left with zero main event babyfaces on the Raw brand. So what to do now?

Well I'd make Kevin Owens the champion and turn Seth Rollins face. Rollins has been a bit boring since his return as his character just hasn't changed things up at all. I'd like to see Jericho help screw Rollins out of the title to set up the Summerslam to Rumble feud as being Owens and Jericho vs Rollins and Reigns. You could book your main event PPVs around those four battling each other up to the end of the year with Owens holding the title the whole time.

I think the short answer is, do they even know themselves? I'm sure Balor injury has thrown a huge wrench into the works, and now the WWE find themselves in a bind.

Putting the belt on Reigns at this time will take away any momentum that he's managing to build, and we'll just go back to the same old same old. Keep him out of the main event picture for awhile. Let him win the US title after a feud with Rusev and then think about moving him back up again.

Big Cass as much as I think he's great, he's just too new. A push for the title might damage him in the same way it did Reigns. And let's face it Reigns was on the main roster a lot longer than Cass has been. The only thing Cass has going for him is not only his size but one great mouthpiece in Enzo.

Owens I would love to see get the title. His feud with Zayn is over and he's ready for a title run. Besides he gets so pissed when he loses it's hilarious. He is truly one of the main roster's gems right now. Use him for crying out loud.

I can see them giving the title to Rollins though. He's a fantastic wrestler, but to tell you the truth I'm getting a little tired of him. Love his smug image, but I really think he works better as a face. It would be refreshing for him to have some sort of a face turn and go against Owens, if Rollins does win the title.

Thinking on it, I wouldn't mind seeing Reigns win it to set up a champion vs champion match against Rusev although we did just get that last year with Rollins/Cena. And only if Rusev walks out as a double champion. That being said, I don't see them going back to Roman Reigns. They showed they were willing to try something different when they gave Balor the title, and it's not exactly breaking news that the ratings plummeted under Rollins when he was the champ. He might be the best option, but I think WWE will continue the trend of trying something different, which leaves either Owens or Cass. They don't really have anything to lose at this point.

I doubt they pull the trigger on Cass just yet as it's kind of soon to test the waters with him, so that leaves Kevin Owens. He's got a very good shot of walking out as Universal Champ next week and if he does, there's a perfect jealousy angle with Jericho waiting in the wings. It would, at the least, take the pressure off of Creative for a month until they figure out where they really want to go with Raw's main event picture. I'd be happy with Rollins, but I'd be ecstatic with Owens.

Rollins seems to be the best option as much as im not a fan of it. I didn't enjoy him at all as a heel champion and was dreading it the moment he won the briefcase and I can't imagine this won't be much different just minus the authority. If it was face Rollins it would be another story but Vince wants Rollins to stay heel for reasons I am not entirely clear on. I hope they aren't stupid enough to put Reigns back into this position so soon. If he got crapped on before just imagine what it will be like now since they did entire segments dedicated to him failing a drug test. Real good example there for your top champion.

Big Cass I don't see getting it, more like a rub being in the ring with the others and seeing what he can do in a main event championship match. He needs a lot more seasoning despite WWE being high on him. The potential is there, he just needs more time to blossom on his own if they decide to break him and Enzo up. Though with how hot the two of them are and have always been, it would be down right stupid as Enzo and Cass can be a tremendous way to get the crowd fired up for years.

That leaves Kevin Owens as the one I want to most see take the title. Problem is we have had a heel world champion on Raw what...90 percent of the time since the titles inception? Hard to explain that sentence but Im counting to when Orton had it and kind of ignoring the title split and all that. Cena had for about a month to keep it warm for Lesnar and Balor had it for one night and nobody really wanted to cheer for Reigns so there is a need for a face champion on Raw. Turning Owens face is an option but it would have to be done well considering he would win the title as a heel.

As much as it sucks the only options I see are Reigns and Rollins which means a couple of months of matches between the two of them like they wanted before Reigns fucked up. Not really the most compelling television to see the Shield guys fight AGAIN but that's what two separate titles and Smackdown is for right?

Let's say Rollins wins it. Who does he defend the belt against? The only choices are Reigns and Zayn. Not to be big of main event matches.

Let's say Owens wins it. Who does he defend against? There's Zayn for a short programm, there's Reigns, which would be fresh and there's also the possibility of Jericho turning on Owens. A lot more material here to run with.

Let's say Reigns wins it. Who does he defend against? There's Rusev, Jericho, Owens and Rollins, along with some face matches against Zayn or Cesaro, which would be awesome.

From that understanding, Rollins won't be winning next Monday. So the main question is, will the company create a new star in Owens, or will they run with another Reigns reign?

My bet is Owens and then a feud with Y2J, but Roman winning isn't that far fetched.

Because looking at the roster, it's Roman who has the most material to work with.

Let's be honest. Rollins is winning. He is the most over.

While it would be cool for Roman to win, just to drop the title to Rusev in a title vs. title - because it would be refreshing to see..its not going to happen. BTW..i really hope WWE is seeing just how good Rusev is man..dude was already good before but now he is so improved. His mic work is also very good. Would love for him to get a shot with the belt. Also, he might be the only guy on the roster who might actually legitimize the way the belt actually looks. Rollins is too much of a company guy. And Rusev has done a heck of a job getting Reigns semi-over.

What really would be nice is if they gave it to Kevin Owens. KO fued with Rollins (and probably Jericho), GOLD. Then he moves on to Cesaro after he beats Sheamus in his series, GOLD, Then he moved on to Finn Balor...I mean, how is this NOT the best option.

Here's how I'd book it: KO for the pin, to get the title.

In the following weeks and months, book KO strong, but Jericho keeps helping him from time to time with interferences and distractions - none of them explicitly encouraged by KO and sometimes unnecessarily so, we want to show that KO is a fighting champ (with the usual KO shenanigans). Keep this booking up with variations against Seth Rollins, against a returning Finn Balor, against Roman Reigns - keep the title on KO. Then have Brock challenge KO to a match at the Royal Rumble. Lots of potential for goodness with Heyman vs KO/Jericho on the mic.

RAW segment, on the go-home before RR; KO and Jericho in the ring, Brock comes down, KO sacrifices Jericho into Lesnar's grubby mittens - an F5 and a beatdown later, Jericho is taken out and is gone from the angle. Now it's just down to KO vs Lesnar at the Royal Rumble.

At the Royal Rumble, KO gets beaten up, but holds his own to a heroic degree - until Lesnar hits an F5 and we take a trip down Pain Lane in Suplex City. After a few minutes of domination of a finally broken and defeated KO, Lesnar gets up, hops around with a sneer and WHAM - Randy Orton sneaks in, RKO out of nowhere, Lesnar stumbles up, bounces off the ropes, pump-up powerbomb from KO; 1-2-3, done deal.

Then the RR winner faces KO at Mania, while Randy and Lesnar can have their rematch, too.

End result: Randy vs Lesnar at Mania, massive KO face heat for beating Lesnar (both marks and smarks will like him for it), KO-Mania runs wild and whoever comes up against KO as the heel (RR winner?) will get plenty of heat for it.

I mean, then it's just down to the execution of it... ;)

Let's say Rollins wins it. Who does he defend the belt against? The only choices are Reigns and Zayn. Not to be big of main event matches.

Let's say Owens wins it. Who does he defend against? There's Zayn for a short programm, there's Reigns, which would be fresh and there's also the possibility of Jericho turning on Owens. A lot more material here to run with.

Let's say Reigns wins it. Who does he defend against? There's Rusev, Jericho, Owens and Rollins, along with some face matches against Zayn or Cesaro, which would be awesome.

Because looking at the roster, it's Roman who has the most material to work with.

This is basically how I looked at it, as soon as the "tournament" was announced. Jericho turning face would have been THE best option to hold the main event down until Balor got back. 4-6 months could've been used feuding with Owens and then Rollins.

Now looking at the final four, I really don't see any other way out, other than Reigns. A face champion is needed. A champion vs champion main event at Clash of the champions is perfect. Then Reigns can feud with Jericho, which as I know hasn't happen. Later adding Owens to their feud possibly making it a three way (or Owens/Jericho vs Reigns). Reigns can also feud with a pissed off Cesaro afterwards.
^That is how I would book until Balor is back.^

-Cass is a huge NO!
-Rollins only opponents are Zayn(who isn't a main eventer) and Reigns(who we've seen wrestle each other plenty)
-Owens is a good choice, I just would rather not see ANOTHER guy quickly given a world(universal) title reign without any build.

This is basically how I looked at it, as soon as the "tournament" was announced. Jericho turning face would have been THE best option to hold the main event down until Balor got back. 4-6 months could've been used feuding with Owens and then Rollins.

Now looking at the final four, I really don't see any other way out, other than Reigns. A face champion is needed. A champion vs champion main event at Clash of the champions is perfect. Then Reigns can feud with Jericho, which as I know hasn't happen. Later adding Owens to their feud possibly making it a three way (or Owens/Jericho vs Reigns). Reigns can also feud with a pissed off Cesaro afterwards.
^That is how I would book until Balor is back.^

-Cass is a huge NO!
-Rollins only opponents are Zayn(who isn't a main eventer) and Reigns(who we've seen wrestle each other plenty)
-Owens is a good choice, I just would rather not see ANOTHER guy quickly given a world(universal) title reign without any build.

That's exactly my thoughts. As much as I'd like to see Roman away from the title, the fact is that he is the top babyface of RAW and right now he is the most viable option and the one who will bring out the most interesting feuds.

Plus since Owens is in the match and Jericho isn't, Owens winning and then fighting Chris would mean that Owens turns face for that feud, because logic says that Chris is the one who got jealous. Face Owens is a big no right now.

If I'm booking Raw here is how I would solve this issue.

The night starts off with an aggressive Rusev attacking Big Cass leaving him unable to compete tonight, in the process setting up a match between Rusev and Enzo. Foley says the 4way match will still take place with a mystery participant added.

During the second segment show an altercation between Cesaro Sheamus and Foley, about neither of them being given a shot at the vacated title, ending with both guys saying that they would rather be unemployed than be on Raw and walking out.

After a the camera catches the back half of an intense argument between Foley and Stephanie with Foley saying it has to be done before exiting the room it is time for the match.

With all three competitors in the ring Foley's music hits , he says that due to the events that unfolded earlier this evening he contacted DB and they completed the first trade of the New Era.

After trading away Sheamus Cesaro and the Shining Stars(could be any talent here) he has received the man who is now in the main event AJ Styes. The night ends with The Club holding AJ on there shoulders as the new Universal Champion.

With all three competitors in the ring Foley's music hits , he says that due to the events that unfolded earlier this evening he contacted DB and they completed the first trade of the New Era.

After trading away Sheamus Cesaro and the Shining Stars(could be any talent here) he has received the man who is now in the main event AJ Styes. The night ends with The Club holding AJ on there shoulders as the new Universal Champion.

Only problem is that AJ is the #2 guy on the SD show right now and they need him more than RAW needs someone to take Balor's spot.

And I'd really like the brand extension to just get some traction, with the rosters as-is, without doing trades.

If I'm booking Raw here is how I would solve this issue.

The night starts off with an aggressive Rusev attacking Big Cass leaving him unable to compete tonight, in the process setting up a match between Rusev and Enzo. Foley says the 4way match will still take place with a mystery participant added.

During the second segment show an altercation between Cesaro Sheamus and Foley, about neither of them being given a shot at the vacated title, ending with both guys saying that they would rather be unemployed than be on Raw and walking out.

After a the camera catches the back half of an intense argument between Foley and Stephanie with Foley saying it has to be done before exiting the room it is time for the match.

Nice idea but you forgot one thing, aj is already set to wrestle dean ambrose for the wwe championship at backlash plus if you take aj off smackdown, you don't have a major heel on smackdown and I doubt that they handicap smackdown that way just to have a swerve on raw especialy if it mean scrapping so many storylines at once.

Only problem is that AJ is the #2 guy on the SD show right now and they need him more than RAW needs someone to take Balor's spot.

And I'd really like the brand extension to just get some traction, with the rosters as-is, without doing trades.

But if this trade did happen SD would recieve Sheamus and Cesaro to compete with Ambrose Dolph Cena and Bray for the top spot.

I think the title has to go to Rollins next week because he is the only one really ready and available.

• Reigns definitely needs his blowoff with Rusev still.
  • Owens probably has a weird face turn coming up with this Jericho relationship.
  • Cass is just there to give him a main event audition--nothing more.

In terms of who will challenge Rollins for the title at the next PPV, will the Cesaro/Sheamus best of 7 series potentially be wrapped up by then? Perhaps they can add a stipulation to that series that the winner is #1 contender? Are there 4 raws between now and raw's PPV? If so, just let Cesaro win 4 in a row and then challenge Rollins.

If that's not possible, you might be able to complete the Owens/Jericho angle sufficiently, and build Owens up as the #1 contender. I hope they don' t attempt to put Reigns in that storyline permanently, as I would actually be interested in seeing him and Rusev have a multi-PPV storyline.

I think Zayn would be the guy to face Rollins. They could sell his as the tough underdog.

Although I'd love to see Cesaro get a shot. It'll definitely pay off for him after all the complaining he's done.

Full booking line-up until Wrestlemania:

RAW
Seth Rollins vs Roman Reigns vs Kevin Owens vs Big Cass
Roman wins LOL. No seriously, Roman Reigns becomes the Universal Champion, because when you look at the future stories, Roman has the more options.

Clash of Champions
Roman Reigns vs Rusev for the UC and the USC
The whole "Rusev is the true champion" story ends here. It's champion vs champion at Clash of Champions. Roman wins.

RAW
Roman Reigns(c) vs Cesaro
Roman faces off against Cesaro in a match made by Foley to continue to test Cesaro.
Roman retains.

Hell In A Cell
Roman Reigns(c) vs Seth Rollins for the WWE Universal Championship
Roman Reigns(c) vs Rusev in a 2/3 Falls match for the WWE United States Championship
Roman vs Rollins opens the show. (That will lead to the storyline between Rollins and HHH). Roman retains, but is exhausted.
Roman vs Rusev happens in the middle of the show. Rusev wins 2-1 clean and ends the feud.

Survivor Series
Roman Reigns(c) vs Kevin Owens and Chris Jericho in a Triple Threat match for the WWE UC
Roman vs Jeri-KO.

It is announced that Brock Lesnar will challenge for the WWE UC at the Royal Rumble

RAW
Roman Reigns(c) vs Sami Zayn for the WWE UC
Roman retains.

December PPV
Roman Reigns(c) vs Kevin Owens
Roman fights Owens to a great match. Owens kayfabe gets an injury during the match. Owens sells like a babyface and Reigns works the match as a heel. Roman wins.
The story here is that one unlucky moment, cost Owens the chance to become world champion.

RAW
Roman Reigns(c) vs Chris Jericho in a Steel Cage match for the WWE UC
Jericho WINS!
(Jericho wins in a babyface fashion, turns face and then faces Lesnar at RR)

Royal Rumble
Chris Jericho(c) vs Brock Lesnar in a pure wrestling match type (no closed fists allowed)
Lesnar wins and becomes the new Universal Champion.

February PPV
Rollins becomes the #1 contender (or another babyface).

Wrestlemania 33
Seth Rollins vs Brock Lesnar(c)
Rollins wins cleanly and becomes THE MAN.

While my first attempt at this story was more of a personal preference, let me try this again.

Raw - During the 4 way match have Rusev , Enzo , and Jericho all at ringside for their various reasons, and then all hell breaks loose all 7 men going at it when Brock Lesnar's music hits. Brock lays out everyone in his path (it doesn't have to be all 7 as some could take each other out). After a couple F5s Heyman grabs a mic and says that there is only one true champion of the universe and its BROCK LESNAR! The night ends with no new champion but Brock leaves with the title.

The following Raw Foley and Stephanie come out and say that Brock has something that does not belong to him and once again has crossed the line. This brings out Brock and Heyman and he says that no one can take the title from Brock so they should award it to him anyway. Foley declines and says there will be a tournament starting tonight and ending with a title match at Clash of Champions and if Brock wants a shot at the title he will have to enter the tourney and fight on Raw. Brock , Rollins , KO , Y2J , Reigns , Rusev , Enzo and Cass are entered in the tournament. Rollins and Brock advance to the finals.

Clash of Champions - Rollins defeats Brock Lesnar after Orton comes out and hits an RKO on Brock. Rollins gets the heel rub of starting his title reign as the "beast slayer" and Brock moves on to a rematch with Orton.

From there you could go any number of ways. You could run a feud between Cesaro and Rollins(possible match of the year) , or revive the Rollins/Reigns feud. Zayn , KO , Y2J could all get a shot before Finn Balor returns to take the title from Rollins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back