How did you choose your entrance music?

Bernkastel

Reaper of Miracles
Did you choose your character's music because it suits them? Does it capture their energy or personality? Or did you chose the music because you personality liked it? How much time did it take you to come up with the choice? Was it spontaneous or was it something that you knew fit the character well so you had it planned?

With Celeste I mostly chose songs that I personally liked instead of ones that really fit her. Most of them were spontaneous choices. I think the only time I did try to find something that really fit her as a character was when I used 10's by Pantera. Otherwise I chose songs that were high energy but weren't really tailor made for her personality.

With Kagura I think her theme really fits her. It's oriental and mysterious like she is. So I haven't ever thought to change it because it fits her character right now. And I had it planned when I wrote up the app for her.

What about the rest of you?

For Steele and Skinner, I used songs that I liked, with high energy. Meet The Monster would have been great for Steele, had he turned heel, but I was at the very end of my time as a "regular" on the forum, and there was no time to do that. Iron Army worked with Skinner's character, after the face turn, and I also chose it because the character rep was a band member from ITM.

For John Doe, I definitely went character-based. Suicide Woods is a very energetic and heavy song, and I absolutely love the breakdown at the end "Fe Fi Fo Fum I smell the blood of everyone"...And it's a hint at where I want to take the character.

Just because I liked it. If I sit and ponder about a song, I would be acting abnormal. In fact, I ponder the least. I had listened to "White Rabbit", moments before I was setting up the character. So...

Just because I liked it. If I sit and ponder about a song, I would be acting abnormal. In fact, I ponder the least. I had listened to "White Rabbit", moments before I was setting up the character. So...

Having talked to two of the guys that wrote the song, it's actually about a hardcore cocaine addiction. That may come in handy, if you ever need to do a drastic re-imagining of your character in the future :lmao:

I remember going through 6 different songs for Celeste late in to her run until I found one I liked. Dimmu Borgir was good. Probably should have stuck with it, as it worked with her heel run at the time. Looking back on it, the music kinda sorta complimented Holmes, as the were similar in underlying personality, and he used classical for his entrance. And Dimmu is basically black metal with classical music undertones. But I suppose I liked Kreator better.

The theme I left her on I have no idea what my thought process was when I chose it. Very spur of the moment that one was.

I always liked disturbed, and the song I picked was one of my favorites by them. It fits cuz I wanted something aggressive sounding since Logan is heel

I wanted something video game related. I tossed around some chiptune songs before finally deciding on Crush 40. Crush 40 was originally created as a side project to make music for SEGA games like Sonic and NASCAR Arcade, and eventually became a full fledged Japanese rock band that for whatever reason sings in English.

Live and Learn was the theme song from Sonic Adventure 2, and I had a lot of fun with that game as a kid, so I went with that.

I wanted to use a Nightwish song and also one that starts out cool. The first 10 seconds of an entrance theme are important, it can make your character stand out. I thought recently of changing to Alpenglow, also a Nightwish track. Undecided there mainly because it takes longer to reach the heavier part.

For Showtime I had only one song in mind. Ladies and Gentleman by Saliva. It was the arrogant Showtime character in a nut shell. Unfortunately Drake Callahan was using that song when I debuted, but thankfully he changed his music a few weeks later and I scooped it up. Briefly I changed my entrance music to Diamond Eyes by Shinedown because I wanted a more baby face type song and I felt I was going into a battle with Callahan, which I sort of was with my career on the line, so this song worked for me.

For Noah Ryder, I wanted a song released in 2012 or earlier, that didn't become a successful hit until much later. Since my local station started playing Come With Me Now by The Kongos in 2014 I've been a huge fan of them. My four year old soon has (or had anyway) the song memorized.

For every theme song, I do my best to pick the most suited song for a character at a particular point in their story by an artist I enjoy. If I cannot get the best of both worlds, I usually follow the former moreover the latter. There have been times where I've chosen a one-off song choice for a theme because of a given match that I feel requires it.

I'm very particular with my character's roster page. Everything about each of my characters is carefully thought out: everything must match the character and their gimmick, including the theme song.

Started out with Mr. Ouija 2 for Ty for obvious reasons. Then I went to Blackened the Sun by Tech N9ne as it was a darker rap song that fit the character.

My favorite though was 300 Violin Orchestra. An epic song void of vocals, and it fit the more grander entrance I started using.

El Califa I wanted a high energy hip hop song and Ante Up was perfect as a fight song.

I had such a crush on Florence Welch, and thought "Seven Devils" fit Ramparte back when his main thing was being this neo-gothic Dorian Graylike character who spoke to angels and demons. But after a while the song felt too long and I was going to go a different direction with him. Found a remix by Ozzy, but after a month Yaz PMd me telling me it was taken off of YouTube. Been checking out some weird, dark acoustic bands and stumbled on Hugo. "99 Problems" seems like the song that could fit him whether or not I write him as seriously twisted character or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back