Houston Region, Montreal Subregion: Second Round: (2) The Rock vs. (15) Jeff Jarrett

Who Wins This Match

• The Rock

• Jeff Jarrett

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
The following contest is a Montreal round match in the Houston Region.

This match takes place in the Bell Center, Montreal, Quebec, Canada

38_f01ce8ae46e0430aeda7b73175464a21e37fb6a1.jpg

#2 The Rock

28452_the-rock_l.jpg

Vs.

#15 Jeff Jarrett

JeffJarrett2.jpg

This contest is one fall with a 20 minute time limit. The match will take place in a 16 x 16 ring with no ramp leading to it. Any traditional managers for either competitor will be allowed at ringside.

As for voting, vote for who you think would win this match based on the criteria you choose. Some suggestions would be (not limited to): in ring ability, overall skill, their level of influence at the highest point in their career, ability to connect with the crowd, experience in major matches or simply personal preference etc.

The most votes in the voting period wins and in the case of a tie, the most written votes wins. There is one written vote per user, meaning if a poster make ten posts saying Bret should win that will count as a single vote. In the event of a second tie, both men are ELIMINATED, no questions asked. Only winners advance.

Voting is open for four days and all posts must be non-spam.​

Jarrett would come to the ring, and wait for The Rock.

Rock's music hits you see him on the titantron, and he makes fun of him.

Rock comes to the ring, beats his candy ass, picks up a mic makes fun of him more, beats him up more, rock bottom, people's elbow, and Rocky is onto the 3rd round.

In my opinion this match, and voting shouldn't be close at all, Jarrett never won a title in wwe, and Rock has won 7(off the top of my head, not completely sure.)

Rock's look, in ring skill, and popularity at least doubles Jarrett. Weather Rock was playing heel or face he always got over more than Jarrett, and in a tournament I would never book Jarrett over Rock.

Winner: Rock at 3:30 via peoples elbow.

There is literally only one thing that Jeff Jarrett does better than The Rock, and that's be an annoying asshole that is full of himself. Okay, so I guess that's kind of two things packed into one sentence, but neither of them will help him win this match.

The Rock is a better wrestler, he's better on the mic, he has a better character than all of Jeff Jarrett's characters combined, he is more charismatic, he is more successful, he is more well known, he did more for professional wrestling, he helped make the Attitude Era one of the most successful eras of wrestling, and to top it all off, he's even a better musician than Jarrett. That's right, even though Jarrett once played a country star/wrestler, The Rock is STILL a better musician.

The Rock beats Double J with his eyes closed.

Until recently, I have cared less about Jeff Jarrett than any wrestler..ever. Having DoubleM-A challenges and banging Kurt Angle's wife are literally the two most entertaining things Jarrett has ever done.

The Rock blows him away in every aspect. Better talker, better character, drew more money, etc. Rock was no Bret Hart or HBK in the ring, but he made the fans care. Jarrett never did that at Rocky's level. Rock goes over in probably the least equal pairing yet.

I think it's even more than that. I've always felt that if anything the Rock's ring-work was underrated, that his amazing charisma and ability masks how good he is in the ring because no matter how good he was, it still couldn't match-up. He may be perhaps the most complete package of a wrestler that has ever lived. Jeff Jarrett until recently was a massive waste of space, he isn't devoid of personality but he is a bad speaker. Not only that but he is a real underwhelming wrestler, he isn't really capable of delivering something special. When have you ever heard about a guy saying "oh yeah that match I had with Jarrett really sticks out to me".

So he's average in both respects and yet he had multiple lengthy title reigns in two companies, both when they weren't at a peak period which is a big an indicator as any. There is no way anyone else short of outstanding should have the privilege of getting past Rocky, and even at his best run which is quite possibly right now, he is NOT that. It's that simple. Rocky would win this even if he had tonsillitis on the night.

Jeff Jarrett is a great midcarder, and to this day, only one man has won more Intercontinental titles than him. I also don't begrudge his title wins in both WCW and TNA particularly - if you look at his contemporaries, he's probably as good as most of them, if not better, and now there's a greater quality of stars, he's not winning titles.

Here, he's outclassed completely. While Jarrett was winning his IC titles, Rock was a world beater. There's no contest really here, Rock should win.

Jeff Jarrett, to me, has always been someone that has never belonged in the main event picture. Everything about the guy screames mid-carder for life. Not that there's anything necessarily wrong with that, everyone can't be a main eventer after all and Jarrett was a solid mid-card wrestler. However, Jarrett is one of these guys that comes along every so often that gets elevated to the top spot despite the fact that he doesn't really belong there. I don't necessarily hold his World Championship runs against him but it's sort of hard for me to care. WCW was circling the drain when he was main eventing there and one could argue that Jarrett put himself in the top spot in TNA for so long because it was his company. I've read people make the same comment about Vern Gagne in the past and it could be applied equally, if not more so, to Jarrett because Gagne was a legit draw.

The Rock is someone that's just out of Jarrett's league physically and most definitely on the mic and in the charisma department. The Rock was also pretty good in the ring, not as technically sound as Jeff Jarrett, but Rock would have no problem keeping up with him. The simple fact is that Jeff Jarrett is outclassed here by someone that's superior to him in almost every respect.

The Rock takes this one and it shouldn't even be close.

The Rock is the most electrifying man in sports entertainment. Whereas Double J is not even nearly the most interesting man in his own company. A career mid carder, bouncing from organization to organization until finally putting down roots in a company which he founded himself. Versus a guy who has accomplished all anyone could ever dream of in the biggest professional company out there. A guy who still has relevance and crowd appeal, even after a seven year hiatus.

The Rock layeth the smackdown on his candy ass with relative ease, ending it with the Rock Bottom and the People's Elbow.

The Rock goes over here and it isnt even close.

Jarrett is a glorified mid-carder who only ever got so many title reigns due to his friendship with Vince Russo in WCW which led to 4 title wins in a month and also the fact he owned his own company in TNA, and booked himself to dominate the title scene for a long period of time.

Jarrett has a poor moveset, an appalling finishing move and is far below The Rock on every conceivable level.

Rock Bottom from the Great One after just 5 mins. Game over Double J

Double J is certainly an accomplished and solid performer but he is not on Rock's level. The Rock is a better entertaining, better performer, and a better athlete. The Rock will come out strong and will end strong. JJ may be able to get some good offense in at points but the Rock has great stamina and can go for a long time. It also doesn't hurt that he is faster and stronger then Jarrett. Rock Bottom for the win.

This was an easy choice, The Rock. Under any circumstances, any stipulation, and place anywhere, at anything The Rock beats Jeff Jarrett. If it was Bozo's grand prize game The Rock still wins, if it's a baking contest The Rock wins, if they were playing hopscotch The Rock wins, it doesn't matter.

Jeff Jarrett is probably better in the ring than most people give him credit for. Recently he has been one of the best things on TNA, but at no point of his career was he ever a threat to The Rock. Maybe when he debuted as Rocky Maivia but that would be it, and I'm still not sure that Jarrett wins on that occasion either.

I'm not down on Double J like many in the IWC seem to be. He gets a great amount of stick about backstage politicking back in his WCW days and using his founder status to do the same. But IMO this just puts him in the same boat as Hogan, HBK, Trips and Austin (who it's alleged refused to put Jarrett over in the WWF) and these guys are favourites in this tournament.

Having said that, Rocky will win this - Jarrett at his storyline best (in WCW) was a transitional Champ, the Peoples' Champion was a headliner. Reversed attempted Stroke into the Rock Bottom about the 13 minute mark.

The Rock would come out and spit all his typical "candy ass" and "jabroni" shit, but Double J would just strut around the ring in an old school "Slap Nuts" tshirt and whip the Rocks ass.

Double J wins at 10:15 after Rock taps out to the Figure Four

Personally, I hate Jarrett, he's whines about not being main event material when it shows his wrestling skills are below average. He's a smart businessman no doubt about that, but when it comes to being good in the ring, that he is not. The Rock is more marketable, entertaining in the ring, and one of the greatest superstars in the WWE, still is today. Jarrett will get crushed by the electricity of the People's Champion.

My Vote: The Brahma Bull, The Rock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back