Houston Region, Montreal Subregion: First Round: (2) The Rock vs. (31)Steven Richards

Who Wins This Match

• The Rock

• Steven Richards

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
The following contest is a first round match in the Houston Region.

This match takes place in the Bell Center, Montreal, Quebec, Canada

38_f01ce8ae46e0430aeda7b73175464a21e37fb6a1.jpg

#2 The Rock

28452_the-rock_l.jpg

Vs.

#31 Steven Richards

richards_steven.jpg

This contest is one fall with a 20 minute time limit. The match will take place in a 16 x 16 ring with no ramp leading to it. Any traditional managers for either competitor will be allowed at ringside.

As for voting, vote for who you think would win this match based on the criteria you choose. Some suggestions would be (not limited to): in ring ability, overall skill, their level of influence at the highest point in their career, ability to connect with the crowd, experience in major matches or simply personal preference etc.

The most votes in the voting period wins and in the case of a tie, the most written votes wins. There is one written vote per user, meaning if a poster make ten posts saying Bret should win that will count as a single vote. In the event of a second tie, both men are ELIMINATED, no questions asked. Only winners advance.

Voting is open for four days and all posts must be non-spam.​

Easy win for the great one here.
Multi time wwf/e champion, wcw heavyweight champion, undisputed champion, and probably the best in ring worker of all time. I would honestly be surprised if anyone voted for Richards unless if you were a huge ECW fan.

Winner: Rock via Rock Bottom 6:00.

The most electrifying man in all of entertainment will slap Steven Richards taste buds out of his mouth. Richards isn't a slouch, but he's in way over when it comes to The Great One.

He'll tell him to "Just Bring It", Rock Bottom, People's Elbow in 3 mintues.

My vote: If ya smellllllllllllllll what the Rock is cookin'

I'm sure Stevie will get a few votes from his biggest fans around here, but it really doesn't MATTER HOW THEY VOTE! (cheese factor is in full effect)

Stevie is definitely underrated, but I also never cared one way or the other about him. He's good enough to make this last longer than most might believe, ten minutes or so. But The Rock IS The Great One, and ends this with a thunderous Rock Bottom.

There's no way I could justify picking Stevie over The Great One. The Rock is simply better in all aspects, more charismatic, (in my opinion) more entertaining in the ring, connects with the fans, is much more successful-it doesn't take long to figure out who is going to win this. In fact, Rocky is my pick to win it this year.

This is not to say I dislike Steven Richards, but I would say that this would be little more than a squash match.

Richards got a vote??? lol that is insane.

Tough draw for any lower seed to get The Rock as their opponent.

No matter how you slice it, The Rock wins this in a squash. I don't see Richards getting much offense here at all.

Essentially, we see Rock Bottom, followed The People's Elbow and an easy 1 2 3. This match goes a grand total of about 2-3 minutes, MAX!!

FINALLY!! THE ROCK... HAS COME BACK...

Nah... that's lame.

Seriously, there's no way Stevie beats The Rock here. I'm sure they've actually wrestled and I'm sure The Trail Blazin', Eye Brow Raisin', Jabroni Beating, Pie Eating People's Champion beat him soundly. Rock's bigger, stronger, faster, and has had lots more sex than Richards. And Stevie's simply never been on a big stage... except on WWF No Mercy on N64. For some reason, when I picked HHH, Stevie took his place. Weird.

Rock wastes little time and Rock Bottom sends Stevie home in under 5 minutes.

Like Lariat said, there is NO WAY Stevie beats The Rock in this scenario. Rocky was the face of professional wrestling for a period of time, while Stevie was basically a glorified jobber. I don't even see this being a remotely fair contest. The Rock was a 9-time World Champion, he would easily mop the floor with Richards. This would be a squash any day of the week. Rocky would take him out with a Rock Bottom followed by a People's Elbow in under 4 minutes.

GO ROCKY!

Easy win for The Rock. He is too good for Stevie Richards. The Rock is one of the best ever and would beat him in 5 minutes with a Rock Bottom.

This is the sort of match that would be booked with a Richards win, kind of like Richards did over Jericho and like Helms did over the Rock. Both big upsets, both used to further a major feud not involving the competitor (Rock v Austin and Jericho v Chyna) and with the Rock being in a feud with Cena at the moment this would be the prefect opportunity for that to happen.

I voted for rock as he is clearly going to end up being the victor in this match although i do wish stevie could have made it a bit further in this tournament i can't see him beating the rock. Unless RtC make a nuisence and cause one of the biggest upsets I can imagine.

Reactions: Lee
Yet another SQUASH MATCH! I agree that Stevie was/is underrated but you can't compare him to the great one. No one has more charisma than Rocky, while Stevie is....well, Stevie. Rock is a former champion and he has been the face of the biggest wrestling company in the world. I rest my case so let's finish this one with a good rock bottom.

Richards can hold his own against a lot of guys, but I just don't see him beating The Rock. Sure, there is the outside chance that The Rock's mind will be elsewhere, outside interference plays a factor and an upset happens, but I don't see that going down. The Rock performs well under pressure and in big match atmospheres. This tournament is an obvious big match atmosphere. The Rock will come out strong and take the fight to Stevie. I don't want to say squash but I do see the Rock winning decisively.

This is the sort of match that would be booked with a Richards win, kind of like Richards did over Jericho and like Helms did over the Rock. Both big upsets, both used to further a major feud not involving the competitor (Rock v Austin and Jericho v Chyna)

Very good attempt at trying to get your guy over, but let's be honest, there's no way that Stevie could actually get past The Rock's total package.

Richards went over Jericho, and Helms went over The Rock, but nothing ever came from it. In fact, I don't even remember Richards going over Jericho at all, and vaguely recall Helms over The Rock.

Holding a victory over The Rock or Chis Jericho is huge and should give you a good amount of momentum to make your mark, clearly Stevie was unable to do this; whether he was rightfully given his chance to or not.

and with the Rock being in a feud with Cena at the moment this would be the prefect opportunity for that to happen.

If we're going to refference The Rock's current feud with Cena, then we are talking about the present day. This means that The Rock is only really around to help build up WrestleMania.

If he was to wrestle, it would be a very limited number of times and there is no way that he would lose ANY of the matches leading up to WrestleMania. Especially against someone like Stevie Richards.

An absolute squash match here with The Great One coming away with the win without breaking a sweat.

I like Stevie, I always did but he is not even in the same league as The Rock, one of the best of all time. Rock Bottom for a win inside 3 minutes here, The Rock has bigger fish to fry in this tournament than Stevie Richards

Stevie Richards was decent enough, but he is, to all intents and purposes a jobber. One of the best jobbers there are - he often looks like he stands a chance - but a jobber nonetheless. The Rock rarely lost to people lower than him on the card, and Stevie was a long way below him. Rock wins.

I have always kind of liked Stevie Richards. I think he is pretty decent in the ring, has managed to stick around in the business for a lengthy career which he can and should be proud of, and he has shown great versatility in reinventing his character at several points in his career.

But come on, against the Rock? Much better in the ring. Astronomically better on the mic. Just look at his reception from the crowd at RAW recently, a connection with the crowd like few before him, even after a seven year absence. I see Stevie Richards on the receiving end of the full meal deal: rock bottom, people's elbow, and everything else in his repertoire. With a dominating victory by the Rock being the end result.

I get that it won't matter, and I understand that I could pretty much post a video (if there ever was one) of Richards defeating The Rock - and it still wouldn't help any. Everyone who's voted, or who will vote - will do so for The Rock, purely because he is who he is and people mostly look at Richards as a joke, because that was how Richards was played off.

Stevie Richards is far from a joke though, and anyone who has followed his career knows that he can wrestle, and has actually been a Champion before. Richards was in the Main Event of the first-ever ECW ppv and helped put OVER Terry Funk. He made Funk look relevant and good. He made shit like Dreamer look like a million bucks inside that ring.

Richards was lumped with Raven as his "follower/sidekick friend" and that was that for Richards. The most you ever got out of seeing any true potential was when Stevie transformed into Steven, and lead a group that most people would recall to this day as one of the most hated in Wrestling.

Do I think Richards could ever defeat the Rock? Not really, but I don't think it's impossible, either. I can agree with Lee in trying to help his cause, in saying that this is the type of match that Richards could have more opportunity to win than lose - based off shock value alone.

Richards actually had some impressive victories over bigger names, while commanding the RTC - because he had tons of help from HIS followers. It isn't insane to believe 2 situations could come from that, to help Richards here.

1. The RTC/b.W.o./Raven/anyone of his allies, could easily help him out and get him the fluke value victory via cheating.

2. The same group of people could attempt helping Richards, only for Rock to rebound and get caught with a chair, which also would earn Richards a win via DQ. (which is possible)

I understand you have to believe that a lot of this is a stretch, but lets face facts - most of you have, or will, vote for the Rock - not because you actually think for a moment he would/could win here, but instead because he mocked John Cena and everyone thought it was the greatest thing ever. (You're welcome, Lee)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back