House of Hardcore VII - Total Non-Stop Hardcore??

Papa Pillman

I've got more Ho's than Jim Duggan
HOH has announced the details for their next show:

House of Hardcore VII will be held at the 2300 Arena(f/k/a The ECW Arena) in Philly on Saturday 11/15.

The card is heavily loaded with TNA talent; some under contract, some who have been working pay-per-appearance dates while the new TV contract situation is being sorted, and some who are in limbo like Aries and the Wolves with deals that are supposedly expiring prior to a new TV debut for 2015. It also happens to feature several former TNA acts as well.

The current card looks like this:

The Hardys vs. The Young Bucks (a/k/a GenMe to the TNA crowd)

Old School Extreme Rules:
Ethan Carter III vs. Tommy Dreamer

Austin Aries Open Challenge

The Wolves vs. Killer Elite Squad (Davey Boy Smith Jr. a/k/a Harry Smith & Lance Archer f/k/a Lance Hoyt)

Christian York vs. Brian Myers (f/k/a Curt Hawkins)

Eddie Kingston vs. Jigsaw(a/k/a Rubix to the TNA crowd)

Velvet Sky has also been announced for the event.

I would also expect to see Abyss added to this show, and strongly suspect Bully Ray as well. Either of those could be candidates to answer A-Double's open challenge.

The card is very strong on paper and should produce a fun show. Both tag matches should be phenomenal, and with another strong match or two added, and a good opponent for Aries, this may end up being a more must see show for TNA fans than BFG.

It's not surprising. Tommy Dreamer is an agent for TNA too, so if TNA gave the green light for their talent to go to shows, Dreamer was gonna be the first to book them. And I think that's great. The talent exchange actually pays off. My question is if TNA will allow HoH to sell this as DVD's or iPPV's since they have a strict "no-camera" policy when letting talent work indies. Because if it does apply here, HoH is pretty just making what they get at the gate. Which is a pity.

My question is if TNA will allow HoH to sell this as DVD's or iPPV's since they have a strict "no-camera" policy when letting talent work indies. Because if it does apply here, HoH is pretty just making what they get at the gate. Which is a pity.
I'd guess this is being done with the understanding that the shows will be sold as DVDs.

The reports are that the newest contracts that TNA is signing guys to are starting to allow the wrestlers to work indy events that are sold on DVD. TJ Perkins' new contract is the best bit of proof for that report as he worked PWG's BOLA after having already signed his new deal.

So with TNA already possibly moving in that direction, and along with the fact that they aren't scheduled to run any other events as a company for the remainder of 2014, it wouldn't be a surprising move to see them clear their talent to appear on a HOH DVD.

Also with Tommy's current spot with TNA, I think there would be an understanding that he would book a show that will protect TNA talent.

This sounds like a very good line-up for an Indie show! I have no doubt that some of these matches will be excellent- The Hardy Boyz vs The Young Bucks immediately stands out as one that could be a classic, and I'd like to see the Wolves v Killer Elite Squad and the ECIII v Dreamer hardcore match.

With TNA's future being unconfirmed its good for all involved for the wrestlers to work some shows like this, and it's definitely a good thing for Dreamer that he's an agent for TNA, as it allows him to get to the talent first and sign them up. As another poster has said, he'll protect the TNA talent more than likely but it should be a solid show!

So even with all of the TNA talent that is included on this card, Tommy Dreamer has made the announcement that HOH VII will indeed be the company's first ever IPPV event.

Details are still to be revealed(presumably meaning price point and who will carry the service).

Tommy has also promised special surprises for the event.

This is all cool news especially in light of how strong the card is. Its really great to see Dixie and TNA giving their workers this kind of freedom to perform on this platform, given their limited opportunities for paydays the remainder of the calendar year.

This is kind of cool, kind of reminds me of old day TNA. They're going out and aligning themselves with other indy companies that show promise and have very strong rosters. I'd love to see TNA utilize OMEGA the same way. It would also be nice to see TNA sign OMEGA and HOH to a deal similar to that of Wrestle-1. Maybe Dreamer can get the TNA Television title re-instated and have it defended similar to the WWF Light Heavyweight title.

I'm one of Tommy Dreamer's biggest fans, and have been for a long time. That being said, on paper, this looks a lot more like a TNA PPV than a HoH PPV. What's there to distinguish the two? Who are the HoH champions right now, and why should we care about them? What does HoH stand for, or is it just a training facility? I really want to see Tommy succeed, so I really hope these questions get answered and this ends up being more than TNA lite.

I'm one of Tommy Dreamer's biggest fans, and have been for a long time. That being said, on paper, this looks a lot more like a TNA PPV than a HoH PPV. What's there to distinguish the two? Who are the HoH champions right now, and why should we care about them? What does HoH stand for, or is it just a training facility? I really want to see Tommy succeed, so I really hope these questions get answered and this ends up being more than TNA lite.
HoH stands for House of Hardcore. Its in the title of the thread.

The company has no titles(atleast as of yet), and this will only be their 7th show(hence the name).

Its a Northeast based super-indy operated by Tommy Dreamer that exists to pay homage to the type of passion that existed and drove Tommy and the original ECW, as well as give back to the fans of that passion. Here is part of their mission statement of sorts:
The term "hardcore" in professional wrestling has been perverted over time and has come to be synonymous with the more violent elements of the business. However, while that gritty aspect may be an element of hardcore, it's not what true hardcore wrestling is only about.

"House of Hardcore is about work ethic," says HOH founder Tommy Dreamer, himself a veteran of countless wars inside the squared circle.

Hardcore isn't about blood, barbed wire and tables. It was always and will always be about a competitor giving everything they have physically, mentally, emotionally in their match. It is about the passion of what you do, what you give of yourself in the ring. Hardcore is about giving your heart and soul to the fans. That is the backbone of what House of Hardcore is about."

That mission statement has been the mantra of Tommy Dreamer's professional wrestling career, both behind the scenes and in front of the eyes of the fans. Dreamer has fought the wars, won the world championships and suffered the agony of defeats. He's overcome injuries. He's faced desperation and trials and anguish. Through it all, with each fall, he's risen back to his feet, ready and willing to fight again, his spirit unbroken. Now, it's time for the broken spirit of professional wrestling to rise like a Phoenix out of the politics, the sideshow, the haze that has hindered its evolution, its honor and its passion. It's time for the House of Hardcore to rise. It's time for a place where wrestling fans can find the wrestling they desire, with no catches.

The company has no set roster, instead operating by booking the absolute best talent available to showcase Tommy's idea of pro wrestling to his fans. the shows have featured many former ECW and WWE talents as well as some TNA talent and some of the who's who of the indy scene.

Here's the Website: http://www.houseofhardcore.net/ It includes info on previous shows run by the company as well a page including wrestlers who have worked those shows, a store, info about Dreamer's training school(which goes by the same name), etc.

HoH stands for House of Hardcore. Its in the title of the thread.

Oh, for fuck's sake.

Not what they stand for as in what the initials mean. What they stand for as in what's the federation's mission, what kind of product does it try to put out, what are they trying to do for the wrestling world, etc

Apparently ECIII has been pulled from the IPPV for "undisclosed reasons", which absolutely sucks right on the eve of the event.

Dreamer released a statement confirming the situation and said that he is working with "Big" John Gaburick to try and insert a suitable replacement into Carter's spot on the card. Here's to hoping that this yields a pleasant surprise. Perhaps something on par with Drew Galloway being the announced taker of the Aries open challenge.

If the deal between Dreamer and Gaburick is for TNA to help provide the new name as it seems is the case, either James Storm or Bram would be incredible sub-ins if I'm going to spitball a possibility, and might end up producing just as good or better a result as the originally planned encounter. Gunner would be good too as he has looked great in no-DQ environments this year, but I'd assume they'd be looking for a heel. Magnus would also be a strong replacement, but I'd prefer Bram given the environment of the match. Hopefully its someone other than just another Abyss appearance, or someone like Samuel Shaw who they could likely easily replace with a better indy worker even on such short notice. I'd even take Mike Knox in a pinch as he has looked fun and rejuvenated in the ring lately, and has worked HOH in the past.

Oh, for fuck's sake.

Not what they stand for as in what the initials mean. What they stand for as in what's the federation's mission, what kind of product does it try to put out, what are they trying to do for the wrestling world, etc

It's supposed to be nothing like ECW from what I've been told. To me, it's going to be like an ECW spinoff. I guess it just where guys go to wrestle and kick each other assess. Whether it's be with kendo sticks or not that what I take off HoH.

Isn't this don't to be an iPPV?

Davey Richards had to cancel last minute due to an emergency involving his day job as a paramedic, that combined with the ECIII pull-out caused some card shuffling, but they still delivered.

Results:
Stevie Richards over Danny Doring by Stevie-kick

Christian York def Brian Myers

Myers shit on the crowd, city, and venue and refused to leave unless some forced him.

Richardo Rodriguez made a surprise appearance and introduced Alberto- the crowd provided the “Del Rio.”

Alberto Del Rio came out and said he “fucking missed you guys". He said that he was glad to be back because he thought he wasn’t going to be able to wrestle in the United States for a year. He said he was excited to be in the ECW Arena for the first time. The crowd chanted “ECW” and “FUCK McMahon”. He said Tommy Dreamer invited him and he came because in HOH “we aren’t sports-entertainers, we are fucking wrestlers.”

Del Rio then put the cross armbreaker on Myers who kept tapping out.

It really was awesome stuff from Alberto.

Team Tremendous & Little Guido beat Anthony Green & Vik Dalishus & Ben Ortiz

Eddie Edwards beat Eddie Kingston with his achilles lock.

Tony Nese beat Alex Reynolds and Lance Anoaia

Team 3D beat Killer Ellite Squad with a top rope powerbomb through a table

Austin Aries beat Drew Galloway

Extreme Rules match for the TNA World Title
Bobby Roode beat Tommy Dreamer with a Roode Bomb on a barbed wire board

Young Bucks beat the Hardyz after a "more bang for your buck"

Matt Hardy got a mic and and tried to put the Bucks over, but the crowd chanted for a superkick and ending up getting a double superkick by the Jackson brothers to the Hardyz.

Team 3D then came out and hit 3Ds on the Bucks for showing disrespect in that building.

Bully then taalked about a Tweet he sent this year about fans of wrestling wanting a revolution.He put over HOH and made the crowd pop for it. He told them "You deserve something different and that something is House of Hardcore.”

He got Dreamer to come out to “Thank you Tommy” chants.

He said that Dreamer had the fans best interest in mind and wants to give them a "modern version of something we all loved 20 years ago." He said that when you come here, you are going to get some the best young wrestlers, iconic wrestlers, brawlers, technical wrestlers, hot chicks and the Sandman. Then Sandman came out.

Dreamer all he wanted to do was 4 shows this year, but fans make him want to do up to 8 shows next year and maybe try to get a TV deal.

They played Enter Sandman, and everyone got in the ring and drank beer.

I saw a chunk of both the pre and post intermission stuff and it really was a fun show worth seeing.

Between HOH VII, ROH's GBH, JAPW's anniversary show which also had a STACKED card, and the EVOLVE shows drawing(relatively speaking) huge crowds in China, this is one hell of a weekend to be a fan of independent wrestling.

Pretty passable stuff. It had a great opening package, with a terrible voice over. But the ECW tribute aspect holds it back big time. How out of shape do the likes of CW Anderson, Tommy Dreamer and Sandman look in comparison to Tony Neese, Killer Elite Squad, York and the TNA guys? If Tommy wants a TV deal, he needs to outgrow those guys.

Also, the entrance set was what TNA should've had since they started going on the road in 2013. Very nice set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back