Hornswoggle

Milkyway!

Hodor!
I've seen a lot of people complain and moan about Hornswoggle throughout my days here at WrestleZone, and I'd just like to create a thread, in honor of his greatness. During an era, for kidds, Horny, is a mega star.

This guy has been a top star for the WWE, nearly 3 years now, with (unfortunately) only 1 title reign while he has been around. Now then, lets pretend were in an alternative univers, and put the Cruiserweight title out of the picture, and even the tag matches with Finlay out of the picture. Because that was all on creative, and if find that Hornswoggle was just poorly used during those times.

Rewind the clock to when Horny first debuted, in 2006-2007 he never really had a personallity, until the Boogyman fued. During at which time, honestly it made Finlay go from an uncharasmatic, brawler to something worth watching. You never knew what the little guy was going to do, and he made Finlay worth watching during his heel days. Horny was the heart and soul of that duo, always, Finlay was just, kind of there as a bigger wrestler.

In 2008, Hornswoggle then underwent, a small swerve in his character, and became Mr Mcmahons, illigitimate son. While, I believe they were going to go with Ken Kennedy until his being caught on drugs for the second time, Hornswoggle was the go to guy on this. Horny took something that was completely and utterly a let down, and really ran with it. The children, and even I myself got behind Horny in trying to prove his worth to be a McMahon.

Come to find out in late 2008, after a brutal attack by JBL onto Horny, they drop that whole storyline, throwing Hony back to Finlay, and now he is now Horny's father. Only to go to ECW in the draft. Now, Horny is on ECW, thrown in tag matches with J-mo and The Miz. During this fued I find that Hornswoggle was poorly used, yet he was still getting very nice pops from the croud, and once again, made Finlay worth watching.

Anyone remember The Godfather, from back in the attitude era? The Godfather ran around with hoes, and bought people off. He made a suprise visit during the Viscera, and Lilian marriage angle, when Viscera chose hoes, over her, etc. The Godfather was a comic relief back in the Attitude era, and he fit the era quite comfortably.

Horny, is during the PG era, and man does he fit this era perfectly. Granted, this wouldn't work during any other era (Outside of maybe the mid-late 80's) Hornswoggle is a great COMIC RELIEF, and is very over with the children. Seeing as how the WWE is targeting children, Hornswoggle, is epic. Its when the WWE starts throwing him in matches that have to do with title, that he becomes a problem. Horny can be a big name for the WWE, without being a title contendor, or even wrestling for that matter, and thats why he belongs in the WWE, and thats why, hes epic.

He's always over in a positive way. Which makes him better than Cena.

He's light entertainment, he's a midget, he does his job well. Which makes him better than most wrestlers in WWE. He's on TNA should really think about hiring in the near future.

I think Hornswaggle is a good gimmick like Doink. Hes fun, everyone loves him and you never know when and were he will do something funny. I like him but I think the whole Goldust thing is stupid. Maybe put him in a feud with Big Show, Have Show be afraid of how small he is. The mouse vs the elephant

I Have To Agree With You On Hornswoggle. Although I Detest Him And Think Hes A Waste Of Tv Time Especially In The Goldust Situation(goldust Is Way Underated And Undersused). I Do See Him As Comic Relief At Times And A Good Guy To Have Around For The Kids To Enjoy, Especially When At Young Ages, Getting A Hold On The Storylines Might Be Kinda Hard. Good That Wwe Has Something For Everyone Albeit A Pg Geared Program.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back