Hit or Miss:Dont ever change!

LSN80

King Of The Ring
My apologies for the delay in getting this series back up and running.

Ive talked before about the fact that all of us have significant others, and how that doesn't necessarily involve a spouse, girlfriend/boyfriend, or lover. To me, a significant other is the most important person of our life. It can be a romantic relationship, but it can also involve a best friend, a sibling, or even a parent for some. When looking at this thread, keep that in mind. You don't even have to name the type of person, as that's not the purpose of the thread.

I'm sure we've all noticed that when in a relationship of any kind, there are certain things about that person that we pray will change. Things that, despite caring for the person immensely, we simply are tired of and have a hard time dealing with. However, with all the focus on what we would change about others, how much time do we spend considering what we hope will never change about said person? Id venture it's far less then we spend focusing on the negatives of the relationship!

As for me, it should come as no surprise that the most important person in my life then my wife. While there are several things about her that I love and hope will never change, I can easily corner the one thing that I know I hope will never change, even if everything else does.

The mnost important attribute she possesses that I pray will never change is the fact that she can find the good in anything. I don't just say this as she bottles up her feelings, because she's open and honest about them. But despite what her feelings tell her, she finds the positive, the other side of the rainbow, if you will. As for her, she experienced some significant health problems at the beginning of the year, but she fought through them, cheerfully, and came back an even better person as a result. Id love to say I have half the guts and strength that she does. It's for this Im most thankful, and pray she never changes in this aspect. But what about the rest of you?

Who's the most important person in your life?

If there's one thing you could guarantee would never change about them, what would it be? Why?

ANy other thoughts or points of discussion related to the topic are more then welcome.

That has to go to my Brothers. I do not want to be biased by picking only one but it would have to be the middle brother as my other one is only 5 years old. He is persistent, loves sports, and is an overall fun person. The other one does not like me too much yet but he will one day.

If there's one thing you could guarantee would never change about them, what would it be? Why?

His outlook on me would be something I would refuse to change, it is his eternal gift. Why me only? Well he has a positive outlook on other people too but he is the only one to always think of the good in me. This is coming from someone (myself) who has had to endure the pain and negligence of being different from most people my age for a lifetime of 15 years so far. Regardless of what others thought of me he always has had something good to say about me and cheers me up in situations that I feel distressed. Plus he is always around to hang out with and play video games with. In reality he is a friendly, talkative, and sociable person, the polar opposite of myself yet he is still very hospitable to me every day.:)

I'd say currently my girlfriend is the most important person in my life. I don't mean for that to sound bad though, not mentioning a family member instead but seeing as I'm in college away from home every week I usually go without seeing them for days on end. She and I meet nearly every day and talk constantly. We've ended twice and keep getting back together, I think that says something, that both of us see something in the relationship. I consider her the best girlfriend I've ever had because she isn't like the others, she's weird in a way but it's funny. I think it's relaxing in a way.

Probably her personality. It's why I like her so much, she's funny, weird, acts a bit insecure but once you get to know her you realize she isn't. I can say things to her I can't say to my friends, she can laugh at them; it isn't something so important that I hope it never changes, but it's probably the one thing about her that currently attracts me to her, asides the way she looks.

Who's the most important person in your life? If there's one thing you could guarantee would never change about them, what would it be? Why?

At the risk of sounding like I'm just stealing LSN's choices I must say that the most important person in my life is without a doubt my Fiance. I love my family and I love my friends but nobody knows me better or cares more than her as do I for her. We've gone through ups and downs together and these endeavors only made us stronger, I'm very happy in life even with the issues with work and my back because of how perfect things are with us and how great we are.
What I would say that I want to stay the same about her is how incredibly positive she is and how she can always find the good in any situation and focus on that to make her happy almost all the time. It's a trait that I admire very much as even though I would call myself happy I havent been the same happy guy I used to be in the last year and the fact that she is so positive makes me happier. I think that it's a very hard quality to find and when you do it should be treasured because there alot of misreble folks out there who can't find the good in anything much less most everything, I know that I am exremely lucky to have the love of someone with such a trait and I thank god every day that she found something in me that she loved equally so that I can spend every second around such an amazing angel of a future wife. :blush:

The most important person in my life would obviously be my wife. If I could guarantee that something about her would never change.... It would be her sense of humor. We are both sarcastic and often find silly or stupid things to laugh at. The first few years of marriage are the toughest and being able to laugh at things together has honestly kept us sane.

We could be in the middle of a fight yelling at each other and suddenly one of us spots an animal doing something strange, a weird billboard, or something else really random; and that lightens the mood. We begin laughing and talking about that, and soon forget what we even got upset about. It isn't just when we fight. If we are watching a movie or tv show we like to poke fun at various random things. When we watch Raw that is going on constantly. We'll tease each other too.

Being able to laugh at something together even in the darkest of times with my significant other is a blessing that I would never want to be without because it helps you enjoy the little things in life that often are not noticed.

Who's the most important person in your life? If there's one thing you could guarantee would never change about them, what would it be? Why?

Hmm, I think I've gotta say that the most important person is my mom. Man, my mom is an amazing woman. I don't know how she does it, but when I'm down or in a crisis, she just knows what to say. With senior year at it's halfway point, I'm pretty sure that I'll miss my mom as I get into college. I would've said my family but the question asks for just one person. But hell, my dad and sister would be up there too. Like I said, my mom just knows what to say when I'm feeling down and I don't know how she does it. I guess a mom's instinct really does exist.

My Older Sister. I've got 3 sisters and I love them all, but the other two are still too young to communicate properly with, the way I do with my older sister. She's everything I could ask for in a Best friend, a Sibling or a person as a whole. Like most relationships between siblings, we really weren't the two who got along when we were really young. But soon after she went for school back home while I was abroad really made me realize how much she meant to me. That fact that we didn't get to see each other when we really were getting close made our connection special when we actually got together. She's gone abroad for Uni now and I miss her dearly. Can't wait till April comes around. She'll be back for the vacation.

Her personality - because of the way no matter what goes on in her life, she just has a smile on her face and keeps moving. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back