Hell In A Cell: Unified Tag Team Championship Match

C.M.

WrestleMania Main Event

Just weeks after making a heroic return to SmackDown, Batista has set his sights on Unified Tag Team Champions Chris Jericho & Big Show at Hell in a Cell. To achieve this monumental task, the former World Champion has called on his favorite comrade-in-arms, Rey Mysterio, to be his partner. But, will the combined skill of these tremendous Superstars be enough to topple one of the most dominant Tag Team Champions in recent memory?

After choosing to make his move to SmackDown following the expiration of his Raw contract, The Animal quickly kickstarted his exciting reemergence on Friday nights with back-to-back singles victories over Jericho and Big Show. Sidelined with an injury until recently, Batista has quickly roared back into WWE with unbridled fury, proving that his impressive in-ring arsenal has been untarnished by time. And with these two high profile triumphs under his belt, the reinvigorated Superstar seems more than ready to go after the dominant duo’s coveted gold.

At Hell in a Cell, Batista has called on his friend, The Master of the 619, to help him make history. Few Superstars in the squared circle possess the athletic ability and high-flying prowess that the masked Superstar utilizes time and time again. And after recently losing the Intercontinental Championship to John Morrison, Mysterio is no doubt hungry to get his hands back on the gold.

When Chris Jericho used a special contract stipulation to replace his injured Unified Tag Team Champion partner, Edge, with Big Show, he instantly created a tag team tour de force. Together, the two highly-decorated Superstars have fortified their championship union in impressive fashion, showcasing exceptional chemistry to overcome the likes of The Legacy at Night of Champions, Cryme Time at SummerSlam and again on SmackDown, and the exceptional duo of Mark Henry & MVP at WWE Breaking Point. With every formidable challenge they overcome, the first-ever Undisputed WWE Champion & The World’s Largest Athlete have continued to cement their place in the annals of tag team greatness.

The current Unified Tag Team Champions have been running rampant throughout WWE, emerging from every battle they have engaged in with the gold securely around their waists. But at Hell in a Cell, they will face a greater combination of talent, strength and experience than ever before.

wtf i thought rey wasnt eligible to come back until the oct. 6th smackdown tapings which is after Hell in a Cell

anyways i assume mark henry & mvp will be added to the match as well making it triple threat since those 2 have been feuding with jerishow on RAW

i really am looking forward to this match. i think it is jerishows last match as champions since they have had it since they have had the belts at NoC. im predicting jericho and Reyrey are in for most of the match with alot of back and forth action.
Prediction: Batista and Mysterio win

he was suspended as of September 2nd, for 30 days, the PPV is October 4th. It was just assumed he would miss Hell In A Cell because there wouldn't be enough time to build a storyline. Obviously we all assumed wrong.

I love this PPV card. I'm not going to lie. WWE has done a great job making the undercard for the main events as solid as they can be. This match looks to be as solid as can be, although there really isn't much of a storyline to it. (Does there have to be in this situation?) I love the way this match looks on paper. On each side, you have two powerhouses in Batista and Big Show, and two men who can high fly and deliver pulsepounding offense in Chris Jericho and Rey Mysterio. Rey and Jericho had a classic match at The Bash earlier this year, and the fact that the two of them will be in the ring off and on for this one leads me to believe that we are going to have one hell of a tag team attraction. Will it be The Hart Foundation and The British Bulldogs? No. But it will be ENTERTAINING.

The winner: The fans.

But, seriously, I'm going to go for a Big Show/Chris Jericho victory, by hook or crook.

I don't know if it would have been better for Batista to announce a mystery partner or to just reveal his partner at the moment. Now that Rey Mysterio is already revealed as his tag team partner, I am very looking forward to this match. You have 4 former World Champions and 4 future Hall of Famers. You can't go wrong with that.

It is so nice to see the Unified Tag Team Championships defended for the 5th straight ppv. Chris Jericho and Big Show are doing so much for the tag team titles, and hopefully when the time comes for them to lose the titles, the new champions will follow what 'JeriShow' have done.

On a normal situation, I would have given the win to Batista and Rey Mysterio. However, due to the fact that Mysterio will not be able to appear on the Decade of Smackdown episode, the first match that we see Mysterio in will be at the ppv. I wouldn't want Batista and Mysterio to win the Unified Tag Team Championships that fast. The buildup could be so good if continues for more than a single ppv. A title change would be the wrong answer.

Prediction: Chris Jericho and The Big Show retain.

On one hand, I am hoping that Jerishow lose so they can finally break up and let Jericho be awesome on his own again but, at the same time, Batista just came back and Rey will just be getting back from his ban so it doesn't seem very deserving to have them win, especially when you have Mark Henry and MVP waiting for a chance like this.

Jericho and Big Show will retain as they continue to build up the tag team division. It will be nice to see Batista and Rey team up again. Rey and Jericho already have beef from earlier in the year and that will help with the returning Batista as he deals with Big Show. Hopefully will be a nice match to see.

I don't see Jerishow loosing to some random pairing of main eventers. I see them putting over a younger or established tag team, Legacy or the Hart Dynasty when all is said and done.

I think this is just filler, and they think it will draw as all four are the normal main event fodder, and they are right, it should be good.

This will be a very interesting match. But Jericho and Show should retain here, probably in a controversial finish. I see Henry and MVP beating these two for the titles sometime soon, maybe even the next night on Raw. Or they may even be added to this match by Al Sharpton this Monday......seems logical.

MVP and Henry will eventually drop the belts to The Hart Dynasty.

I think this is gonna be a very good match. The fact that there isn't a well established feud involved in this tag match is a good thing, I'm hoping that all this is is a Jerishow win over two major wrestlers and former tag champs. also both former world champs. If Jerishow retain it just elevates them and the tag division

It's Rey Mysterio's return match, I personally predict he'll play a large part in the tag belts changing hands next Sunday.

Somehow I don't think this is going to be Rey/Batista vs MNM again....

This is not a random pairing. These guys are friends and have been champs before. Their friendship has been played on-air for a while so this is not a "random pairing of main eventers" this is not PowerAid (though MVP/Henry are upper midcard at best)...

OK now that that's over... I see Jerishow winning this one. Rey is just coming back, and this is Botchtista's first PPV match with nearly no build... if this was the old tag division it'd be an instant win but now they are trying to revive the division. I could see them fueding with The Steroid Kings AND PowerAid leading to some kind of match at Survivor Series.... like a Tag Team Turmoil adding in Cryme Tyme and the Hart Dynasty... and MAYBE have new champs crowned there...

Winner: The Big Savoir, Jerishow

I'm not expecting very much out of this match up. Hopefully Big Show and Batista spend the entire match fighting each other so that we can see Jericho and Mysterio go at it. Jericho and Rey can put on a classic match, but once you throw two people as terrible in the ring as Show and Batista are into the equation, you have a recipe for disaster.

I expect Jerishow to retain again here, because WWE doesn't really know what else to do with them. Not expecting very much out of this match.

Well, Rey and Batista have tagged before, faught before, overall its Talent vs. Talent, come on, some people might not like Jerichos loudmouth and Big Shows annoyince, but there both talented fighters... jericho more in my opinion... but thinking of how long they held the tag titles it makes me:banghead:

I see Jerishow retaining here. For the minimal build up, there isn't much reason to switch the belts over to Batista and Mysterio. Let Jerishow continue to fight with MVP/Henry on RAW and Batista/Mysterio on SmackDown!. At Bragging Rights, have an interpromotional matchup, MVP/Henry vs. Batista/Mysterio for the #1 contendership. Have Jerishow cause a Double DQ finish, and then a Tag Team Triple Threat at Survivor Series.

At least, that's what I'd like to see. I fully expect to have to deal with Batista on RAW next week.

Batista and Rey Mysterio make their PPV returns and there is no way they are losing. Jerishow has been a dominant force and had a great run as champions but that reign comes to an end this Sunday. I expect Batista to get the pinfall and the former WWE tag team champions to have a nice reign while Jerishow feuds with each other for a bit.

This was always going to happen as soon as Batista moved to Smackdown. Whilst it is nice some more main eventers are being involved in the tag division there still needs to be more done with the division. For example, what do MVP and Mark Henry do now?

Anyway, for this match Rey and Jericho will be their usual awesome selves whilst Batista will power through Big Show. It is too early to just give Batista and ReyRey the titles, especially with Rey coming back from a ban. They have done a good job building up JeriShow, and it needs to continue or they will be remembered as a nothing tag team.

I fully expect Batista and Rey to be strong but with Big Show ending it by knocking out Rey. This will continue to Survivor Series.

If you believe all the rumors, the belts will be changing hands here. I like what Jericho and Show are doing as a team, but the tag division right now is a joke. Batista and Rey being "Number One Contenders" just proves that. It really doesn't matter who wins the titles here, we won't see anything interesting for a few months, or until a new (legit) tag team comes along and sparks the division.

Here's to hoping we don't get a lot of Jericho v. Batista or Rey v. Show.

This is the first Tag team match-up I've been remotely interested in since Big Show & Jericho have become the Champs. Or rather Show replaced Edge as a Champ.

The match-ups are very solid and yet lop-sided depending. Big Show & Batista are evenly matched, as are Jericho & Mysterio. Yet when you flip that, Big Show would destroy Mysterio, while Batista has an (no pun intended) edge over Jericho. Add into the fact that I'm unsure if this will be inside Hell in a Cell or not, but if it is that'll be amazing. (in my opinion)

The reason I'm mostly looking forward to this match is because for his entire career I've wanted to give Batista 'x' amount of reasons to think he could ever become something worth anything. In tag team matches, he isn't as injury prone. (Well, he is, but not as easily as in single's matches it seems) Add onto that, that Mysterio & Batista are as much of a Tag team as any other you have right now dating back to their history.. and you have a great secondary foundation to build on.

Jericho and Big Show have no true reason to remain Champions, and if Batista and Mysterio do indeed win the titles the next logical Tag team in line for a shot would be Legacy - who's also had issues with Batista, which makes perfect sense based on how much they've been pushing Rhodes & DiBiase.

So, all the signs point to a JeriShow run ending here. And you add in the assumption that Taker could be winning a World title and needing an off-spring feud, Big Show & Jericho line-up perfectly for that as well. I smell a title change.

Batista and Rey have held the WWE Tag Team titles but I can't see them beating Jerishow. I mean losing to a team of put back together all of a sudden would destroy the fragile state the tag team division is in so the champs def have to retain here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back