Heat On Sasha Banks?

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
The main page and various other sites have reported that, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter originally, that Sasha Banks is being blamed for the general lackluster reaction to the finish for her match against Charlotte at Hell in a Cell. The report states that the planned ending was for Sasha to go through the table, take Natural Selection and be pinned but, as we know, the table didn't break even with two attempts.

The report further states that some place some blame on the ref for not directing them in some way or for, at least, not having Charlotte pull the tights during the pin. Also, regarding the broken table spot, there's said to be sympathy for Sasha because she was just between a rock & a hard place because the ending was ultimately exactly what Vince wanted and if she'd given an impromptu kick out as part of starting the segment over, she'd have gotten major heat. So basically, she'd have gotten heat any way it went if they changed it.

Now, IF this is report is true, I think it's another fairly clear example of Vince being out of touch. This was the first female HIAC match, they were in Sasha Banks' hometown of Boston and this was expected to be the blow off to a feud that'd really been going on for really most of the post WrestleMania season. The result is that most were expecting and wanted Sasha Banks to retain the title. It's common knowledge that Vince is very much a Charlotte guy, that's perfectly understandable because she's damn good, but it's also common knowledge that he's not that big a fan of Sasha.

Again, if this is legit, then Sasha probably won't be a big league player on Raw for some time.

There's a reason women HAVE NOT been in a Hell in a Cell match before. Hopefully after that embarrassing match of botches, they never will again. SMH.

I normally don't agree with anything Vince agrees with because he's a disgusting tub of feces and a cancer to professional wrestling. This time he's right though, Sasha isn't very good. The old saying a broken clock is right twice a day applies here!

LOL. Yet another example of how they have killed finishers. A wrestler hits one of her finishers and everybody is expecting a kick out, to the point that it's a "lackluster" finish because a wrestler got pinned after "only" taking a finisher. Making it so you've got to take 14 finishers and go through 2 tables in order to believably get pinned is the problem here.....not Sasha being too light to go through the table.

The match was very good. The wrong person won though. That's Vince's fault too.

I wonder how Sasha was supposed to break the table. I mean it was Charlotte that propelled her to it.

Also the Natural Selection is a TV finish, it's like Mick Foley's double arm DDT or Kurt Angle's Angle Slam (before he got the Ankle Lock), of course the finish got no reaction.

Sasha is 5'3, and weights 75 pounds soaking wet! She had no business being in a main event match at a major pay per view anyway. I'm glad Charlotte has the belt back. That match was horrible! Probably one of the worse Divas match I've witnessed, it was a major botchfest!

Now time to get the belt off fat ass Kevin Owens and back on to Rollins where it belongs. The experiment with the tiny dwarf as women's champion and fat ass as male champion has been an epic fail!

My thoughts, the table should of been setup like a corner spear style table, and then a direct toss at it, may have broke it, Or, Charlotte was supposed to full on slam Sasha, not slide her across it both times, and they messed the call up.

The reverse snapmare is the most boring move Charlotte brings to the table, whenever she wins any match with it, I kind of sigh, we're at an age where people kick out of tombstone piledrivers and Styles clashes on chairs, but somehow this reverse snapmare is able to put people away, it's not an exciting move, I realize Charlotte needs a move that isn't a submission finish, but this is the not an exciting finisher.

Sasha needs to take a step back and rest her back, let Bayley make a run, then come back as a heel or tweener (turning on Bayley is what will get Sasha over as a heel).

I think the whole match was doomed to fail the second they decided to have Sasha fake a Mick Foley and have to pretend to be injured the entire match. This should of been a tables match at TLC, not a HIAC match.

I am very glad that we got the woman's HIAC match however, it will be something that opens doors in the future for everyone, even if the finish and opening fell flat, there was some solid work in between those.

If she had kicked out of the repeated spot, they would be high and dry with no finish, and I don't trust the 2 of them to come up with anything creative, so we'd get a lousy figure 8 submission, or the third attempt to break the table, which would of been even worse, I think Sasha letting the match end was the right call, and I think the design of the finish is to blame, we already saw a top rope to outside landing barely break the legs off a table, so we know it's not easy to break through with 1/3rd the weight that the men usually rock.

Most of these "reports" regarding what Vince thinks about something or stating that a certain wrestler has heat with him are completely bullshit 95% of the time. Sometimes (all the time) I think we overanalyze things. Was Vince unhappy with the finish? Probably. Did he blame Sasha because she didn't weigh enough to go through a table? I doubt it. If I had to guess, I would assume he was upset with the way the entire finish played out and all involved. That includes Charlotte and the ref as well.

I don't understand why Charlotte didn't just pick Sasha up and powerbomb her through the damn table. Or a spear in the corner. Either one would have made an impact. But yeah, I don't see much of anything coming out of this. Sasha will always be among the top women in WWE. It'll take more than a botched finish to change that.

I was surprised Banks lost but without women doing hardcore matches it's hard to get table spots over if you've never done them. They've always usually pre-cut the tables, including ECW, so I'm surprised they didn't do it for the women.

The term Heat has become one of those pro wrestling terms that gets greatly over exaggerated. It is right up there with Buried and a variety of terms involving Jobbing. This current instance in question happened nearly two ago and we are just now getting a report involving where the blame falls? This likely stems from a simple conversation about a mishap during the finish where there were multiple perspectives and ultimately there is no Heat on anyone. Lesson is learn to adjust on the fly and move forward.

Heat should go to the people in charge of how The Woman's Division match endings are planned. Have you ever noticed how much they botch match endings, especially after a very good match? It happens alot, whether it's tables not breaking or too slow execution of a planned miss/roll up/foot on the ropes...whatever. I'd address these issues with the entire division and clean up these bad endings pronto. Those tables could've been easily rigged to break with even the lightest of weight hitting them. Stupid planning resulted in tables that men are generally thrown through. I don't think any of the women are to blame, it's whoever is in charge of the choreography of them.

Sasha is 5'3, and weights 75 pounds soaking wet! She had no business being in a main event match at a major pay per view anyway. I'm glad Charlotte has the belt back. That match was horrible! Probably one of the worse Divas match I've witnessed, it was a major botchfest!

Now time to get the belt off fat ass Kevin Owens and back on to Rollins where it belongs. The experiment with the tiny dwarf as women's champion and fat ass as male champion has been an epic fail!

Everyone besides Reigns is doomed to fail as champion, because Vince will never book them properly because he can't get his nut off to anyone except Reigns.

Since Sasha Banks has joined the main roster, I have read numerous reports at several different times suggesting that Vince doesn't like Sasha or he thinks that she is injury-prone.

I don't think if it's true but since there's this much smoke, the fire must have been present.

I truly hope that it isn't the case. Because it's all in the hands of Vince. If Vince doesn't believe in you, he won't push you any good.

Horseshit report. Vince didn't like the finish just like most others didn't like the finish. That's should not surprise anyone. Sasha will not be heavily featured in that she will not be competing for the title for awhile. Again, should not surprise anyone. Slow news day.

Quite a few people talking about how the wrong person went over. To an extent I can see an argument for that logic but what if WWE has a grander plan in the back of their minds? Sure the Boston crowd pops for their hometown girl and we get a nice history making moment for a baby face but it is possible we see a much bigger reaction and moment down the line. I'm talking about the Rousey Factor. It is no secret WWE wants to do business with Rousey and there is no bigger stage than WM. The company has once again began reaching out and it is possible a deal is a lot closer than we think. Charlotte makes for the perfect opponent. She has the size, build and ability to make for a formidable challenger. She possess the needed personality and character traits to build drama around such a program. Continue to build her as the most despised Women's Champion in the history of the company and you have the makings for the perfect storm.

I know there we previous rumblings about Stephanie vs. Rousey but what are the odds Vince gives both of his kids, possibly on the same night, two of the biggest draws in UFC history........ Oh yeah, it is Vince. In his world we very well could be getting Show vs. Shaq, Stephanie vs. Rousey and Shane vs. Lesnar all in the same night.

I don't believe in this rumor. If that were true then that would just further show that Vince no longer knows what he's talking about. He hasn't for a really long time. Regardless of if this is true or not, Jeff is correct in his post. The creative team are more to blame than anybody. Too many strange match endings going on. This match had so much going for it that despite the ending kinda coming out of nowhere, it still was the best of the night. It had history in the first ever Hell In A Cell match between two women AND they got to close the show. Hell In A Cell 2016 will forever be remembered for that. If they had done a better job of setting up that table to break it might have made the ending a little better, sure, but this comes off as people being too nitpicky. They made history and overall the match was really good. I enjoyed it and will surely not forget it anytime soon. Maybe Smackdown will make history with their women's division in similar fashion at TLC next month!

I don't believe in this rumor. If that were true then that would just further show that Vince no longer knows what he's talking about. He hasn't for a really long time. Regardless of if this is true or not, Jeff is correct in his post. The creative team are more to blame than anybody. Too many strange match endings going on. This match had so much going for it that despite the ending kinda coming out of nowhere, it still was the best of the night. It had history in the first ever Hell In A Cell match between two women AND they got to close the show. Hell In A Cell 2016 will forever be remembered for that. If they had done a better job of setting up that table to break it might have made the ending a little better, sure, but this comes off as people being too nitpicky. They made history and overall the match was really good. I enjoyed it and will surely not forget it anytime soon. Maybe Smackdown will make history with their women's division in similar fashion at TLC next month!

I agree that there were a lot more positives than negatives about the women's HIAC match. I also have trouble believing the rumor because if Vince is genuinely that out of touch, then the WWE board needs to seriously think about doing what they can to get him out of power.

Generally speaking, the booking and storytelling for the blue brand is much better and more consistent than Raw and, as a result, I think they'll see this as an opportunity to try to one up the red brand, which is what they've been doing, mostly at least, since the brand split. I don't know if the first women's TLC match will be just between two women or if it'll be a multi woman spotfest, I'm hoping for the former because I think the historical aspect of it will have much more of an impact and it puts more pressure on those two women to excel. For instance, if it turns out to be Becky vs. Alexa, this could be a huge opportunity for both of them; Alexa is brand new and having a strong performance, even a losing one, in a one on one women's TLC match would be a huge boon to her career and keep her as someone that can be counted on to deliver.

The match had it's rough moments but Raw did a good job of creating enough buzz around the match to atleast see how it played out. The first Women's HIAC, Sasha's hometown and playing as a blowoff feud for Sasha/Charlotte; there were plenty of combustible elements to drive interest towards the match.

Now for the heat, along with Vince being "out of touch" parts of me agree and disagree. Vince has show on SOME occasions he's capable of making the right call, but on this night we got some good ol' piss poor booking from Mr.McMahon himself. The ending was poorly written and executed, good knows why after a gruelling HIAC they let a Natural Selection seal the deal. A Figure Eight or even Charlotte's big boot would've looked more effective than a fucking running bulldog with a somersault added to it lol.

I feel like the move itself looks so weak, and for the longest time Charlotte would only use it every so often for the actual FINISH. Sasha passing out or even tapping after being tossed against the tables would've left the crowd in a true awe rather than confused. All HIAC proved was Vince has no care to build the division around Sasha Banks after making her drop the strap TWICE in under 25 days.

How in God's name was that finish supposed to work? What I saw was Charlotte toss Sasha as best she could at a table that was barely at an angle, so Sasha would end up landing on its surface. Normally performers are dropped onto tables from a high point if their intention is to break through it, Sasha was thrown from the side and could not have possibly gained enough momentum with her 110 pound frame to break the damn thing.

The finish looked stupid no matter who was watching the match, and it undermined what was really a very good match. Sasha fought back through a savage beating and ended up getting pinned after being tossed a few times at a solid table, it was as if she decided "screw it, I feel like losing now".

I don't see why anyone would be putting heat on Sasha, for my money she put on a great show and people are still highly likely to buy tickets when she's on the card.

There's a reason women HAVE NOT been in a Hell in a Cell match before. Hopefully after that embarrassing match of botches, they never will again. SMH.

I normally don't agree with anything Vince agrees with because he's a disgusting tub of feces and a cancer to professional wrestling. This time he's right though, Sasha isn't very good. The old saying a broken clock is right twice a day applies here!

Clearly, you've never watched a Sasha Banks match.

Do everyone a favor -- especially yourself -- and watch NXT TakeOver: Respect and NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back