Has AJ Just Become Another Vickie?

Steve-O-Matt

Pre-Show Stalwart
RAW_1016_Photo_044.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------​

AJ, ever since she's become relevant people won't shut up about her. Me personally, I've never seen the attraction, in any way. She's dull looking, has no charisma, no mic-skills, in the ring she looks like a lost child and has the one of the most annoying entrances going! S*** repetitive music combined with her skipping to the ring like she's 8.

As you can tell, I'm very blunt with my opinions and I've never liked AJ, she's been bugging me every since she became relevant. And for what? Because she can tilt her head and have a ******ed expression on her face? She's also been flip-flopping more then Sin Cara after a night on the town. But I guess, they've finally settled on her being a heel.

Anyway, in the middle of me fuming that Cena and Ziggler were in a cage match whilst the champion was forced to bury a guy who he clearly didn't want to... I noticed something. In the middle of their 'match', AJ screamed exactly the same as Vickie, like a spoilt child not getting her way. It was then it hit me, Ziggler just traded Vickie in for a younger model! That's it!

When Ziggler dumped Vickie I was thinking "FI-NA-F***-ING-LY! We get to see Ziggler actually talk for himself and push himself." But then he picked up AJ, can someone tell me why? Now he's got Vickie JR. and Ryblack coming to the ring with him. I don't mind him having an entourage, in fact he probably would look good with one once he wins the World Heavyweight Championship... But not now. If it was up to me, he would go into WrestleMania by himself, come out World Heavyweight Champion, then slowly form his own stable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Back to AJ, do you think she's slowly turning into a young Vickie? Managing one male wrestler at a time because she's playing tonsil tennis with them? Save of course her cutting her hair short, wearing the tightest dresses ever and getting a tacky plastic necklace which says 'Kitten'...

I can see how you can draw the comparisons to the two, and to be honest, up to this point I haven't given it much thought, I don't think that's the direction the WWE is trying to go in.

While it's true that they've both become General Managers and have bounced around from man to man, but the big difference is with Vickie (besides Edge) was paired with guys who needed to get over, like Escobar (even though that fell flat on its face), Ziggler and Swagger, before Vickie, Ziggler was getting lukewarm reaction's at best, and Vickie who probably generates the most heat out of anybody in the company is the perfect fit for a young heel who needs to get those types of reactions.

But that's not the same with AJ, thouh she gets good reactions, isn't there to help get Ziggler over, that's been done already, like you, I'm completely puzzled as to why they paired Ziggler and AJ together, the only logical thing I could think of was it prolonged the Cena/Ziggler feud... which started off hot, but after TLC, it quickly drained itself of life, yet kept going. Thank god it's finally over... I think.

My overall opinion on AJ though is that I like her, sure the skipping has gotten old, as has her entrance music but she's entertaining, for a Diva isn't that bad on the mic, and even though I don't understand why, looks good with Dolph and Big E.

AJ, ever since she's become relevant people won't shut up about her. Me personally, I've never seen the attraction, in any way. She's dull looking, has no charisma, no mic-skills, in the ring she looks like a lost child and has the one of the most annoying entrances going! S*** repetitive music combined with her skipping to the ring like she's 8.

As you can tell, I'm very blunt with my opinions and I've never liked AJ, she's been bugging me every since she became relevant. And for what? Because she can tilt her head and have a ******ed expression on her face? She's also been flip-flopping more then Sin Cara after a night on the town. But I guess, they've finally settled on her being a heel.

Anyway, in the middle of me fuming that Cena and Ziggler were in a cage match whilst the champion was forced to bury a guy who he clearly didn't want to... I noticed something. In the middle of their 'match', AJ screamed exactly the same as Vickie, like a spoilt child not getting her way. It was then it hit me, Ziggler just traded Vickie in for a younger model! That's it!

When Ziggler dumped Vickie I was thinking "FI-NA-F***-ING-LY! We get to see Ziggler actually talk for himself and push himself." But then he picked up AJ, can someone tell me why? Now he's got Vickie JR. and Ryblack coming to the ring with him. I don't mind him having an entourage, in fact he probably would look good with one once he wins the World Heavyweight Championship... But not now. If it was up to me, he would go into WrestleMania by himself, come out World Heavyweight Champion, then slowly form his own stable.

Back to AJ, do you think she's slowly turning into a young Vickie? Managing one male wrestler at a time because she's playing tonsil tennis with them? Save of course her cutting her hair short, wearing the tightest dresses ever and getting a tacky plastic necklace which says 'Kitten'...

I see I'm not the only one who has been annoyed by her, and I won't pull any punches either. I remember that she has some skill in the ring, but it's utterly ridiculous that they don't focus on that more. But at the same time, it's just a reminder of where management's head is with regards to Divas. I would not be surprised if down the road they relegated them all to valets, managers, or maybe some cheerleaders a la the Nitro Girls. Frankly, I think AJ's situation shows that they no longer know what to do with females, period, let alone female wrestlers. It's annoying and a waste of time and "talent." Also, I always find it disturbing when a grown woman acts like a child but "sexy" at the same time; there's something perverse about it. But when it comes down to it, I strongly dislike AJ because she epitomizes so much that's wrong with women's wrestling in WWE in that she's a reminder of what they no longer are. She's a showpiece more than a wrestler, and that wouldn't be a problem if they had a lot of strong female wrestlers that were also featured prominently. And I don't think Ziggler needs another boat anchor considering he had finally gotten rid of Vickie. I think you may be on to something.

I guess in the way all heel female managers/valets/consultants are meant to irritate the fans and build more heat for the superstar. However I do see differences beyond the physical. Vickie is generally bright and conniving. AJ is naïve and unstable. AJ is also more likely to help Dolph cheat thus making him a more convincing competitor.

In the end this switch is more of a condemnation of Ziggler's ability rather than a calculated switcheroo. He just isn't over or convincing as a competitor as he needs to be to hit the main event. WWE continues to try and rely on others to get him heat.

The screaming stuff is nothing new. She does it whenever she has a "freakout" moment. It's part of her crazy chick character.
They ran an angle where Vickie was mad at Dolph for kissing AJ. So yeah he traded up for a better model. Dolph has more time on the mic than he did with Vickie though so it's not like AJ is stealing that from him.
Clearly they were trying to gain some sympathy for Cena by having AJ stab him in the back and align with Dolph. That's how wrestling works.

You left out Stephanie McMahon-Helmsey man.

AJ isn't there to be or replace Vickie Guerrero. AJ is just AJ. The WWE calls themselves trying to make AJ Lee the modern era Miss Elizabeth, whatever that means You never seen Miss Liz going around randomly kissing men who wasn't the Macho Man Randy Savage (R.I.P.).

But to answer your question, NO AJ is not the new Vickie okay?

WWE doesn't seem to know what they want to do with AJ half the time. I find her plenty entertaining, pretty sexy, and fun to watch. She's definitely one of the better Divas on the roster right now (though that's not saying much since it seems like they're all leaving). I think the pairing with Dolph Ziggler was a last minute reaction to the pictures of John Cena with Nikki Bella. I think they had a long term plan with Cena and AJ and had to make a change last minute thanks to those pictures and the tabloids breaking the news of their relationship. Aligning AJ with Ziggler just added fuel to the fire of their feud.

The pairing working out, but that's to be seen. I think they could make them a power couple if it's booked correctly. When Ziggler finally cashes in his Money in the Bank briefcase and assumingly wins the World Title, I think they could be a good pairing. Time will tell.

As for the comparison with Vickie, I can kind of see it, but I don't see much of a similarity in their characters. Vickie is pretty much playing a cougar, and AJ is too young for that to work for her. Her bouncing from man to man shows more insecurity than it does with Vickie. Vickie just does it because she's a tramp. ;)

You have to give it time people these days are so quick to judge every damn thing so quickly... I remember when Dolph was under the radar as well.. Basically it's the same thing I have always said.. Most of the IWC are mindless Sheep who follow what anyone popular says. I also love how people keep talking about how bad she is in the ring.... She isn't bad at all.... People need to start understanding that these things take time to master to be in the ring.. And hey look at her she had Literally nothing and made something of her life.... Any of you can say you have had as much success as her??? (insert Sex to get ahead joke here) yea i know that's coming..

Yeah I'm getting tired of her. The Cena/AJ/Ziggler storyline is awful. The best part about Rock coming back is that crappy angle is no longer the main focus. Before that she was a very boring gm. She and Vickie are both better in limited use. Once you start giving them too much tv time it becomes tough to watch.

I know that I am in a minority but I like AJ. I have liked her since I saw her in FCW. But I do agree that by pairing her with Dolph they have essentially just traded Vickie for Aj and in doing so have seemingly showed a lack of faith for Dolph's ability to get himself over. I think that at this stage in his development we should be seeing Dolph cutting good, if not great promo's but for some reason WWE has decided that making a female speak for him is the way to go.
And I think that it is slowing him down and it is slowing AJ's development as a Diva down as well. We don't see her competing in matches or going after the title, we just see her as a mouthpiece for Ziggler and before that Cena and before that...Well we can go on and on with that. She isn't even a manager, she just talks for them. She brought in Big E. not Ziggler. She is the one really cutting the promo's.
But until WWE feels Ziggler is capable of getting himself over to the degree that both Guerrero and now AJ can they will keep things the way that they are.

RAW_1016_Photo_044.jpg

what the fuck is this the fashion network or what?

I'm not her biggest fan, but Ziggler sucks on the mic point blank. He's boring tired and tried. I havent and don't think I will hear him say something on the mic original, ever. Show off? Come out and shake your ass to a crowd 75-90% men, I know thats a big range but you know what I mean. Wrestling is a male dominated show and you come out and point at your ass.... it's annoying, and I thought Mr. Ass was bad enough. His entrance pisses me off more than AJ skipping around the ring, who cares?

It was annoying for those couple months when she was the center of the show, now she's nothing more than to be out there to look at her ass. And it's not nearly as much as it used to be, so be happy. Vickie, I hate her, but you are supposed to hate her. She just is good at being one annoying obnoxious ignorant bitch... So I'd say deal with it, you aren't going to like the whole roster and they will be even smaller parts of the show soon enough i believe. Maybe they'll be out there with Ziggler, but Ziggler will be the focal point if he wins the championship. Who has the WWE made champion and then had them be used as a piece to get more time for someone who will never recieve a push and never really do much because of her gender, and wrestling is a man's game so to speak in all honesty.

Wayyyy too much thought into this. AJ's a ****e. That's the gimmick here. She's been with Bryan, Cena, Punk, and now Ziggler. She gets around... and is crazy. That's her gimmick. She's not going to be another Vickie or anything like that. She's going to be the goofy chick with the most spank-able ass in the history of the WWE. She'll wrestling on occasion because she's a good hand in the ring, but she's not going to be another Vickie.

She's a crazy person and she likes penis. Not too complicated here.

Vickie technically was only ever with 3 people. Chavo Guerrero, (which was Family and non-lust related) Edge, (in which it lasted for quite a while, and included a wedding) and finally Dolph Ziggler (which turned her into a 'cougar').

AJ, in less than a year, has gone through 5 guys. Possibly 6 if her and Big E go their own way before the end of April. AJ isn't the next Vickie, she's the first AJ. She does her own thing, and is (at best) closer to being Lita than anything else. She has the ****-look (something Vickie can't even accomplish toward a blind guy) and the ability to make you play out of her hands.

Unlike Vickie, I don't see AJ being anything deeper than a hurt little girl who always wants revenge on an ex. Vickie was an amazing Manager, and honestly could've had a great stable. Vickie could be deemed the male version of Bobby Heenan.

I think AJ is closer to being another Eugene or Hornswoggle - someone who got over with the fans, WWE put them on TV all the time to capitalize, and then the fans got sick of them.

I see what you're saying about Vickie, but before her, there was Sunny. Sunny went from managing the Bodydonnas to the Godwinns to the Smoking Gunns in rapid succession.

i actually like AJ, not sure on Big E and i HATE the current story with Dolph as it's doing more harm to him than good....example, Ziggler is giving Cena all his finishing moves, having help from Big E, yet, cant beat Cena. hate that, but AJ isnt a problem. not a fan of her screaming, but i like her skipping as it's....unusual, her voice isnt one that's annoying and she's real pretty to look at and if needed to, she can go in the ring when the time is right. so i like AJ. dont think she's a perfect manager, but i do like her being behind Ziggler.

AJ promo = Fast forward on DVR. Can't stand her and have never liked her. Giant child gimmick is getting really old. Flails her arms around to make her look good when she wrestles. People say "but she came from nothin and made something of herself". People do that everyday. The only reason she is being put in the limelight just like john cena is in the limelight is for the new generation of wrestling fans. Wrestling virgins everywhere jacking off to AJ. She sums up a lot of what is wrong with mainstream wrestling.

To paraphrase Kevin Castle, AJ's usefulness was over the minute the Punk/Bryan/Kane angle was over. Now, while I don't wholeheartedly agree with this sentiment, I refer to it because AJ has become less than another Vickie- she's become another Diva. Say what you will about Vickie, but she got heat and Dolph used her like a thermal generator. AJ adds nothing to the mix, and her involvement has just made this rivalry has helped to make it overly long and utterly forgettable. Being involved with Cena does more for both Dolph and Langston than being involved with AJ could ever do.

The next time I can see myself being invested in AJ Lee is when there's reconciliation angle with Daniel Bryan.

AJ promo = Fast forward on DVR. Can't stand her and have never liked her. Giant child gimmick is getting really old. Flails her arms around to make her look good when she wrestles. People say "but she came from nothin and made something of herself". People do that everyday. The only reason she is being put in the limelight just like john cena is in the limelight is for the new generation of wrestling fans. Wrestling virgins everywhere jacking off to AJ. She sums up a lot of what is wrong with mainstream wrestling.

I don't like her but everyday? not according to social mobility studies and the wealth gap in this country, and I'm a conservative. So i'm not on that 1% shit, she's not that good, not awful. I'd say belittling someones achievements is kinda pathetic.

A MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH YOUNGER & HOTTER Vickie...yes.

While I don't have the hate for AJ that you do, I agree. AJ has never done that much for me & personally every angle that she has been in that hasn't heavily involved Daniel Bryan basically carrying her on his back has been stupid & boring. I think she is awful at acting(all the WWE has her do anymore) & also share your distain for her ring entrance & stupid little girl character.

But luckily I think AJ is with Dolph becuase AJ needed something to do & not because Dolph needed someone to valet or talk for him. If anything I think after AJ is done making out with her 4th or 5th or 6th (I lost count!) or however many guys on camera in Dolph I think she will split sooner rather than later & be moved on to something else. I don't see her at Mania with Ziggles.

RAW_1016_Photo_044.jpg

First of all, we get it... you don't like AJ. This post wins the award for the most immature post of the day, by far.

Now, let's take a look at your point of view. So, what you're saying is that AJ screamed once or twice, she manages Ziggler, and she's hooked up with multiple wrestlers. Then she MUST be turning into "the next Vickie", right??

AJ and Vickie couldn't be more different. You think she's ugly while 99% of the audience thinks she's good looking. AJ has sex appeal while Vickie does not. AJ looks as if she could land guys like Cena, Bryan, and Ziggler... Vickie does not. AJ cuts promos that don't sound like they were read off paper... Vickie does not. AJ is thin... Vickie is not. The only similarities between them are that they both manage wrestlers and become "involved" with them. That's it.

This is just another empty comparison made by an internet reader because their personal opinions fuel their discussion while not taking the opinions of the masses into consideration. In other words, just because you personally think one way about something doesn't mean the masses agree with you... myself included.

The WWE should be so lucky! Two Vickie Guerreros? That's two times the nuclear levels of heat, two times the amount of wrestlers they can put over, and two times the most hated villains in the WWE!

Alas, AJ will always have one thing working against her: her looks. Try as we men might, we don't have it in us to hate a pretty girl like AJ unconditionally like we can an older, plumper gal like Vickie. Even if she's locking lips with two times winner of the (imaginary) Douche of the Year Slammy, I still find it difficult to be mad at that adorable AJ Lee.

AJ about as similar to Vickie as Sensational Sherri is to Sunny; both of them are female, heel manager/valet types, but they draw heat through different means.

At first, I liked AJ. She was a breath of fresh air in the divas division (though she barely wrestled). But then she starting getting more exposure and her flaws started to show. She's a good wrestler but a horrible actor. Plus the whole screaming thing has been done so many times and it's really annoying. She's definitely the most over diva in the WWE right now but she's not being utilized as a wrestler. At one point the focus was on her instead of the WWE Championship which really hurt the prestige of the title. Once you seen one attractive diva you've seen them all. I'd say she ranks low when it comes to the best looking diva's the WWE has had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back