Hardest Sport to Coach

RBH

Think before you post.
I have played several sports over the years and had a hand in trying to coach sports. But this topic is about the hardest sport to coach. So my question is what is the hardest sport to coach?

I can say it is close to a tie between basketball and American football. When you are coaching football, you are trying to get players to run plays that can beoverly complex and it can make things difficult. You can have all the talented players in the world but if you are not a smart enough coach to be able to run proper plays, you will not win the game. For example, a good coach has what it takes to bring the best out of a Quarterback. Take for example: Matt Cassell. The guy was an unknown and no one thought he would be as good as he was but Coach Belicheck helped him grow into an amazing Quarterback that he became this year. If Belicheck was not there, the Patriots would not had won as many games as they did.

Now onto basketball, Slyfox would agree with me when I say that it takes a total execution of plays and the players needed to run them to bring a complete package to the game that you are trying to run. The basketball team has no chance without good plays but good plays only come from coaches and coaches only will win if they can convince their own players that they can run the plays successfully and in a system good enough to win properly.

In the pros, Phil Jackson has had the triangle for many years but the triangle would not be what it was without Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Dennis Rodman and others from those Bulls teams to run the offense.

But then you think of other good coaches who have failed such as Larry Brown who despite his wisdom and expertise was not able to pull a good team out of the New York Knicks and is struggling to coach the Charlotte Bobcats these days.

So your opinions, what is the hardest sport to coach?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back