Hard Justice: AJ Styles vs. Kurt Angle

A.J.

SmackDown! is MY Show
LAST MAN STANDING MATCH
"The Phenomenal" AJ Styles vs. Kurt Angle

Well I have to believe that this could be just another match in the long feud between Kurt and AJ. I will admit that this could another great match between these two as they seem to have some chemistry in the ring together. Though I just have to think that someone will get involved weather it be Karen or Kurt's MMA friend. Since AJ won last time I have to think that Kurt will win this to make it 1-1 between the two and I guess at No Surrender next month they will have another gimmick in the rubber match of the feud and probably the concluding of the feud. I cant say much about the match as both men will give it there all and there will be some screwy finish at the end. This is a match that I can just sit back and enjoy in TNA...cant say that others.

This Pay Per View's undercard is shaping up to be more enjoyable and better planned out than it's actual Main Event.

From the looks of it, Karen Angle has completely left this storyline to run her own talk show. Meanwhile, Kurt is still rambling on about Styles sleeping with his Wife, even though how long ago was it now that they were suppose to be getting a divorce? This storyline is getting slightly stale, merely because one of the major parts of it (Karen) has left it. That just leaves the two boys fighting over nothing more or less.

Don't get me wrong, the addition of gimmicks makes me still greatly wanna see this match, and if anything it's matches like these that are helping A.J. Styles become something huge again.

I'm torn on how this would end. I can't see Angle winning the final match of the feud, and that means Styles would likely win this match because I also can't see this feud going much longer.. short of Karen residing with Kurt.

I am really at a loss for what to believe here. Tomko apparently destroyed her talk show set, so whether she returns after this p.p.v. with the same segment or if it was completely destroyed due to Tomko, it's unknown.

There IS the possibility of Karen turning on A.J., since Tomko turned the camera away so you technically don't know if he even ever touched her. Infact, I once created a storyline similar to this in something else that saw the "female victim" end up turning on the face. So that's a possibility since T.N.A. enjoys stealing my ideas. ;)

Now I'm still waiting for just a regual, great, singles, non gimmick match between the two. Kurt was in no shape during their last match. And as a result it suffered. It wasn't bad. But it wasn't the match it should have been. Now they go and make it a Last Man Standing Match. That will do nothing but fuck with the flow of it.

I'm yet to see a truly great LMS match. I doubt this will be the first. If they insist on a gimmick can't they have one where they don't have to stop and count every couple of minutes? Also last LMS match I can recall in TNA was stupid. You have to pin for the three, then the opponent has 10 seconds to get up. Which makes it more ******ed than the WWE version.

Not only that but Karen will be involved and we'll get a close up of her every 10 seconds.

Jake, isn't that match you described a Texas Death Match? I mean, it's still just a variation on a Last Man Standing Match. This'll probably be under the "classic" rules.

God, I can't remember the last time I saw a Last Man Standing match. The last one I properly remember is Triple H/Jericho. That was years ago now. It seems TNA are damn well set on overexposing these two before they inevitably have a regular singles match. I mean, what's the point of giving two wrestlers who have never needed a gimmick a gimmick? That's TNA for you I guess. They're gonna drag this one out just because they've got nothing better to put on. And that's the sad thing. This is the best feud going in TNA at the moment, and they're just dragging it out. Give Angle some time off to rest, then come back to finish the feud in a regular match - it'll be their best.

As it is, I'll probably watch Hard Justice just for this match. It won't be a bad match, but it'll be ruined by the knowledge of how much better it could be.

triple H had a LMS against Randy i think but i cant wait for this match up. AJ and Angle are 2 of the best ever to step into the ring and its time that they have a hard fought one on one match and LMS is just what the doctor ordered.

I hope Karen comes back and makes a stand on one of their sides. She has been floating in the middle since the Angle alliance was formed and AJ was the Prince of Phenomenal.

Now I'm still waiting for just a regual, great, singles, non gimmick match between the two. Kurt was in no shape during their last match. And as a result it suffered. It wasn't bad. But it wasn't the match it should have been.

Are you serious?? I quite enjoyed the match between the two at Slammiversary that is the match you're referring to obviously since I can't recall another one on one encounter since then.I thought it was clearly the MOTY for TNA right now. But I guess you're entitled to your own opinion. But I personally think this will be the highlight of Hard Justice. Although I have a feeling Angle will win because AJ won last time and he just does too many spots to excell in a LMS match.

It was an ok match. Nothing special. Certainly not what you'd expect from those two. When you have Styles & Angle in a one on one match I expect a classic, or at least very good. What I got was just good. Nothing more. Nothing about the match makes me want to watch it again. I've seen better this year from each of them, and I will in the future.

Angle used a lot of the moves he did against Rey Mysterio and it was basically the same kinda match kurt would do. AJ didnt wrestle his typical high flying pattern and seems to be more grounded these days. I dont really like it because he should use what brought him to the dance. Kurt REALLY surpised me with that senton tho. I thought he would do a regular cross body or a lame clothesline but he came to win and proved what a great athlete he is.

The finish was quite boring i expected Angle to win with something horribly devastating or AJ to win with a Spiral Tap. Sting might just be in TNA to ruin every feud. What will Angle do if AJ faces Sting? What will Joe do if he faces AJ? booker may fight Jerrett but both work best as heels so i dont see where that would go.

I have to admit im shocked AJ won. As you can see in my previous post i predicted Angle to win bc I didn't think AJ's spot filled moveset would allow him to knock off Angle. But alas I was wrong. I expect this to be the end of the feud now. AJ will move onto Sting and Angle will move onto someone else don't know who yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back