Hack us once shame on you, hack us twice shame on us!

Trill Co$by

Believes in The Shield!
Hackers struck Sony again, exposing 93,000 accounts, illustrating the impact and challenges hacking has created for businesses' management of sensitive data.

Read full article here

---

No, this isn't a thread for Microsoft fan boys to come and start bashing Sony. It's simply a discussion thread on what people think about the situation. For one, I can say that I'm pleased at how fast Sony was to react to this one. After the last hacking incident, it's nice to know that they weren't taking things mildly this time. Still 93,000 accounts now have been hacked (possibly a second time now) and it doesn't seem like Sony's going to be offering any apology Plus subscriptions this time around.

As an added measurement, this is a great time to remind people that keeping up with your bank card statements should be one of your top priorities. Also, if it's possible, change your passcodes and passwords as frequent as possible, as well as security questions. I don't have a PS3 so I'm not too positive, but for Xbox there is a Passcode option that allows you to re-edit your code as many times as possible.

Even if you don't have a PSN account, this shouldn't stop anyone from taking cautions.

:lol:

Sony gets hacked TWICE?! People bitch, whine and complain about MS, but at least us Xbox owners are pretty safe from hackers! :lol:

As an owner of both the PS3 and the 360, I can say MS is much safer, but I am definitely impressed with Sony's speed to work with the situation. Yes, you can reset your passcode as many times as you want with the PS3 as well. Needless to say we see who the better system is... even if we're paying money.

I had the option to get either a PS3 or Xbox and I got a PS3. I absolutely regret my decision. Paying the $60 or whatever it is to play online seems like such a small price to pay against the risk of getting my personal information hacked.

I personally like PS3 better than Xbox, but when the new gen systems come out, I'll be getting the Xbox upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back