Greatest moments in women's wrestling

Status
Not open for further replies.

spinningtorturerack

halfnelsonfullnelsonwilli enelson
This thread actually came to me in a dream (don't ask how it came to this!)

We often talk about the greatest moments in wrestling noting moments like edge's spear to Jeff off the ladder, or Mankind being thrown off the cell. But what are the greatest moments/highlights accomplished by women in wrestling?

There are the obvious one's like Chyna winning the Intercontinental belt:

[YOUTUBE]jmD37jm3HFo&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Or Sable's risque bikini:

[YOUTUBE]J4Tq_vg5ac8[/YOUTUBE]
So I have two questions for you:
What are the greatest moments in women's wrestling?

Who are some of the most significant women wrestlers?

I'm talking about all wrestling companies here, not just wwe, and please post videos of those great moments!

Obviously the significant names in womens wrestling are all pretty well known. Women like Faboulus Moolah, Sunny, Sable, Lita, Chyna, Ivory and Trish Stratus. Also, might not be a wrestler, but shes taken one hell of a role for women in wrestling, and that's Stephanie McMahon.

Some of the glorious moments in womens wrestling though. Are there that many? One I could think of, is the first ever cage match between two women in WWE on Monday Night RAW. I think it was between Victoria and Lita. That showed how much guts they actually had, as that match can be pretty grueling.

One moment that comes to mind is probably when Trish Stratus retired as WWE Womens Champion. She is arguebly the greatest womens wrestler of all-time, so it seems fitting that she went out, in her hometown at Unforgiven 2006 as the WWE Womens Champion.

For me it was when the women main evented Raw and it was a perfect night with a perfect setting!

Trish Stratus vs. Lita - The two top WWE divas of the early 2000's in my opnion and without a doubt two of the best ever an undoubtedly the rock-austin of the womens division, this match was real good with Lita's dive, the moonsault an Trish using her face mask like Cody does now, such a great match, remember watching this when i was 13 an was amazed Lita didnt have a real bad accident!!!

I HATE Japanese women's wrestling. A bunch of 12 year old boy look a likes screaming and headdropping each other does not equal a 5 star match. It's like the Saw movies of wrestling.

Trish Stratus vs Mickie James, the entire feud and their Mania 22 match. The head, the emotion, how they both perfected that "divas style" I talk about where they blend grace, athleticism, and sexiness (not ****tiness). Just amazing.

The greatest moments of womens wrestling are behind us. They are from the days when Lita and Trish were still in WWE. Trish and Lita were the best ever and no one will ever top them. Their matches are easily the greatest moments that division has ever seen because they were attractive and actually GREAT in the ring at the same time. There's too many divas (and TNA Knockouts) who are attractive but suck, or gifted in the ring but can't draw any attention from the crowd due to being boring. The departure of both girls is also partially to blame for why the female division is so bad today. They realized that no one could live up to what the two best could offer, and that was right around the time all of the models who can't wrestle started coming in. TNA Impact had a good female division for a while, but even in that division's prime it still did not hold a candle to the Trish VS Lita matches. As Kiefer-Zeus pointed out, they are to what the divas what The Rock and Stone Cold were to the main roster during their time at the top. Two legends of their division who might never be replaced.

AWA Women's wrestling had some greats with the likes of Sherri Martel, before being Scary, and Madusa Miceli, before implants. There was a small division with a championship belt and alliances between some of the ladies.

Japan has always had greats with the tag teams like the Jumping Bomb Angels and Dump Matsumoto with Bull Nakano. Don't forget to check YouTube for matches in the LPWA with champion Sue Sexton and the tag team of Bad, Black and Beautiful with their manager Boogaloo Brown.

For something more current, check out Shimmer dvds to see MsChif. Can't wait for her to make it mainstream. And if you're at an ROH event live, you may even get to see Daizee Haze and Sara Del Rey live. If you can get past the cheesecake aspect of it, Women Superstars Uncensored puts on some brutal matches at times. It’s also a great place to see “before they were stars” for some of the ladies who have shown up in TNA and WWE.

Sumie Sakai is one of my favorites right now. She was wearing really short Daisy Dukes in a WSU match where color commentator Allison Danger remarked, “I see ovaries!”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back