Greatest Frontman of All Time

You brought up Cedric Zavala. I must admit I do not know much about Mars Volta, except that their live show has gotten TERRIBLE reviews. I know there is a massive difference between a great signer and a great frontman, and until the reviews of his live show changes, I couldn't endorse him on a list like this.

Cedric Zavala was great live with At The Drive-in he had so much energy on stage and sounded great live and really put on a show by himself, but now with The Mars Volta live they just have too many instruments going at one time that its ridiculous, back when they made more simple music their live shows were alot better and sounded good as seen in the concert videos Ive posted here and on their live CD Scab Dates

howard jones killswitch engage . great singer very nice man ive met him at the warped tour and he can scream like no man ive ever herd lol
johnithan davis- this dude has balls ive met him at the family values tour hes actually prety nice ive had people say he can get prety bitchy but he wasnet to me
cory talor this fucker is a mad man your at his show you jump when he says jump you mosh when he says mosh the dues a fuckin god

Kurt Cobain was a really good preformer. But i would have to say from watching DVD's and old concerts Jim Morrison (the doors) was amazing, he knew how to put on a show.

Honorable mention granted he isnt the lead singer but Angus Young AC/DC is frigging awesome. I saw them back in the late 90's and Angus was crazy throughout the entire show. Awesome awesome show.

I think Phil Collins should be a choice. Playing drums and being lead vocals is pure talent imo and should definitely. If I chose a personal favourite it would have to be Corey Taylor

Freddy Mercury, without a doubt. There has never been anyone so talented in the history of rock n' roll. He was a great vocalist and he knew how to play to a crowd like no other. He was the heart and soul of Queen.

In my opinion no one can Touch Freddie Mercury He was a true amazement as a frontman I cant think of anytime ive seen a live queen performance where he didnt have the entire crowd eating out of the palm of his hand. he was go beloved by everyone from queen fans to even his peers. He was in my opinion the greatest front man of all time.

In my humble opinion, the best frontman these days that I've seen is Matt Bellamy. The guy puts on one hell of a show and is really exciting to watch on stage.

All time, like everyone has said before me - Freddie Mercury.

To say there is one person that is the greatest frontman is pretty tough.A short list of my favorites include

Freddie Mercury-His voice.His everything(well except for the one-piece suits :p).

Paul McCartney-Some don't consider him as the frontman of the Beatles, well I do. Besides, the biggest selling artist of all time HAS to be doing something right.....right?

Axl Rose-If only this...If only that, lots of excuses but it is the truth that this man could have been bigger then Elvis if only they could have stuck together.

Trey Anastasio-Screwed up or not, one of the greatest shows you will ever see(with or without Phish).

Layne Staley- I will never know why people insist Nirvana is better then AIC.

Jim Morrison hands down I've watched every old doors tape I can get my hands on he was just fucking great,damn I wish would have been living when this guy was around he was awsome. Chasing random chicks around the stage,stopping every now and then to leave the stage to get more fucked up only to come back to have the crowd goind crazy one minute and have them Tranced the next.

I am actually very supprised that nobody has mentioned Liam Gallagher.
He is an outstanding frontman, admired by millions and copied by almost everybody who started to sing in a band... because of him.
It must be something about him... and Noel too, that everyone loves, just typical Mancunians. Do what they want, say what they want and they get away with it, because everyone knows that they are the best. Measuring sticks in British music.

I'd also like to give honourable mention to, Damen Albarn, Ian Brown and Tim Burgess.

I like the original selections of Freddie Mercury and David Lee Roth.

Shadowmancer,
You hit it on the head with Bruce. More good calls with Brian Johnson and Bon Scott.

No one was ever a better singer or frontman [than Jim Morrison] to a band. No one. He captivated the audience with a look in his eye and then blasted their minds away with this insane music and beautiful poetry that he wrote.

Good call, man. You could also apply that exact description to Bruce Dickinson of Iron Maiden.

When I think of a frontman, if I were starting my own band, who would be the first singer I would want? As far as I am concerned, there is Freddie Mercury, and then everyone else. This is no offense to any of the other Hall of Fame caliber frontmen, many of which have been mentioned, but, Freddie Mercury is in a class all to himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back