Goldrush 2019- Stormrage vs Tastic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail

Money for nothin, chicks for free
The Mayhem Title is on the line at Goldrush with Live Mas going face to face in a Mayhem Rules contest. There's no two opponents who know each other more than these two as Tastic has had enough and is taking matters into his own hands. This is one of two titles Stormrage is defending at the PPV.

*Deadline for this match is Jan 8th*

Matt: I want you all to realize something. This is the pro wrestling business. This is a dirty business. Some say there is Honor. Others look to make an Impact. But only those who do whatever it takes can call themselves true Elites. Don’t mistake me. There’s always room for being all noble and nice. But you will be stepped on. You will be pushed aside. You will be taken advantage of. What will mark you for the rest of your career is what you do. Do you let yourself be pushed like that? Or do you fight back? Is there a wrong answer? The answer changes. Sometimes you want to be a hero. All brave and altruistic. Other times, you just want your due payment. They’ll tell you that what you’re doing is wrong. But besides being looked at the wrong way, how are they gonna punish you? They don’t. They never do. There will always be people in this business bending the rules because of that.

With that in mind, I have to ask you. Do you have a problem with what I did to Mikey Stormrage?

Following my rousing speech, I stared at my students. They’re all standing in attention in front of me in a single row. They don’t seem too pleased. But they are my students. They are my responsibility. And I should be truthful to them. I await their response. And one steps up. I should’ve expected it. It’s Katherine. Mikey’s ‘friend’. Our top student. I haven’t forgotten how her advice helped me get here now. I wonder how she would deal with her now broken idealism.

Katherine: Was it worth it? Was killing a years long friendship worth it? In one night, you destroyed what took years to create. A friendship so powerful it defined a generation and was helping to grow the next. Was it really worth it?

I looked at her following that response. I saw it coming. That’s what they always say. “How dare I”. Selfish. I’m supposed to think of everyone. But not about myself.

Matt: Let me ask you something, Kathy. How did you feel whenever your father was deployed? He would leave you. Over and over. You had to move over and over. Did it not bother you making friends and then losing them? Did you not recent your father for it? But how did he feel? Knowing his choice to be in the military meant uprooting you so often? Did you ever stop to consider it? Or is this reaction to what I did your way of coping? Demanding things to be YOUR way now. Don’t get me wrong. There’s nothing wrong with that. You have a tiny bit of choice here. So you exercise it. But times change, my dear. Mikey and I were rivals before we were friends. Hell, he had another best friend before me in James Howard. Mikey turned on him. Eventually, they moved on. That’s life Kathy. You adjust to what comes next. You can’t just stand there, hoping for things to stay the same, because they won’t. I understand that you’re angry. I allow you to be angry. But the truth is you and I are acting the same way. Selfish.

I survey my students as I finish my retort. Katherine’s eyes show heartbreak. Seeing the mentor she looked up to talk down to her like that. The truth does hurt. Maybe her beloved Mikey can console her.

Matt: Anyone else?

It seems no one was too eager to follow up. Makes sense. I talked down to the alpha here. I suppose that’s that. Now what to do with this school is anyone’s guess. Granpa can figure that out. As for me, it was time to leave. After all, I came here when Mikey wasn’t. No sense endangering my title match at Gold Rush. I had more pressing manners to attend to after all.

Meltdown 157 said:
He grabs Tastic's legs and starts his signature Spin and Win (Giant swing) 1...2....3...4...5...6...7..the crowds start counting the rotations....8...9...10...11...12...13...14....the camera zooms in on a whole row of FlexAmerica fans standing and counting along while everyone around them is booing....15....16....17.....18....19....20....21....22.....23....24....25....26....27...

Cohen: Come on Seabass! Count with me...28, 29, 30!! What is the record for Spin and Win anyway?! 32, 33....this is unbelievable!!

Incredibly the spinning doesn't stop....36...37...38.....Matt reaches up and grabs Flex's head! They both tumble over into a small package 1....2...3!!!!!

DING DING DING!!!!

Harrys: The winner of this match, Matt Tastic!!

The day after my speech at the school, I arrived at WZCW HQ. Pleased with myself after all. I did defeat the World Champion, completely clean. I know I wasn’t just going to be magically added to the main event of Gold Rush. But I still wanted to see just what I can get out of this massive victory. I entered the building. In the front desk, I see the same girl that’s been working it the past two years. She always greeted me with a toothy smile and a silly wave as I approached her. But not this time. She was stoic. Not at all pleased to see me. That youthful enthusiasm was gone and replaced with a display of bitterness.

Matt: Why the long face there, kid?

I didn’t get an immediate reply. Hell, she wasn’t even looking at me. I try to make eye contact. That seemed to make it worse. She stared at me with anger. As if I did something to her. So I asked.

Matt: Did……. Did something happen?

Receptionist: I really looked up to you.

And there it fucking is.

Receptionist: I used to see you and be so happy. Here comes Matt Tastic. Such a great guy. Fun-loving, but always knew when to be serious. Always so dependable. Then I see him hit his best friend with a chair on national television. You think you know a guy. Guess not.

Apparently my professional actions reflect who I am as a person outside the ring. More so, apparently this receptionist who just waved and grinned at me all the time thinks she knows me.

Matt: You don’t know me. In the two years you’ve been here, you’ve never asked how I’m doing. How my family is doing. Or how I’m feeling. But you’re now all mad at me about something I did on TV. I don’t owe you anything. Since you feel like pretending to be so high and mighty, I’ll be high and mighty now. Since, you know, I’m far more valuable to this company than you’ll ever be. Tell Becky I’m here. Then I suggest putting your resume on Indeed or Monster because she’s gonna hear how you failed at something as basic as smiling and waving.

Way to throw 2 years down the drain. Yeah, she’s crying as I’m walking away. Was it mean what I did? Yeah. But what about what she did? Assuming she knew me. Thinking she knew why I attacked Mikey Stormrage. As if I owed her anything. It’s one thing to boo me when I’m in the ring. But I don’t need to own up to some lousy fan. So I marched to the elevator, to make my way to Becky’s office. Looking to press ahead after my victory over the World Champion.

Matt: What do you mean this victory isn’t worth much?! I beat the World Champion!

Becky: Yeah, well so did Mikey Stormrage, Garth Black and Titus Avison! Get in line!

Goddammit. Our World Champion just had to lose every single match since winning the title, didn’t he? Now my victory isn’t as impressive because of it. But no matter. I wasn’t ready to give up.

Becky: What do you even want anyway? You have a title match set for Gold Rush. There’s really nothing else we can give you until after it.

Matt: That’s what I’m here for Becky. You see, I asked for something. You gave it to me. And it was refreshing to me.

Becky: Getting what you want? Really?

Matt: We can’t all flaunt our boobs and ass, Becky. But more to the point. I have served this company for a decade now. I have done everything asked of me. But there’s something that always bothered me.

Becky: What is it?

Matt: I’ve seen guys like Ty Burna or Justin Cooper trying to take over WZCW. Trying to take over the company for so many years. Truth is I’m a bit curious.

Becky: You want to take over WZCW?

Matt: Oh, it just sounds so dirty out loud. I don’t want to take over WZCW. I want to………. Influence it.

Becky: I see….. And if I were to lean towards this idea, what would be the first thing for you to “influence”?

Matt: Why, I would eliminate the Mayhem Championship.

Becky: I’m sorry, what?!

Matt: Why would I not, Becky? A dual Champion? 24/7 rules? A comical Irish ref? There used to be a sense of pride within that division when I was Champion that lasted for years. For younger wrestlers to establish themselves. Now it’s a joke. Held by Mikey Stormrage. When I win it, I want to eliminate the title. To make WZCW realize how they wasted their potential. To show everyone their penultimate Champion held it on a joke while the final one swooped in to save it and put it out of its misery. Becky, to me, winning this title isn’t about yearning for the old days. It’s not even about breaking records. It’s about putting a stop to the lack of control around here. After all, who’s fault is it that there’s a double Champion? He’s now double booked. He’s risking his health now.

Becky: Hang on. And somehow that’s our fault? You’re blaming management for that? Matt, we allowed it to happen. We know the strain it takes and he accepted it. I hope you don’t forget who it was that granted that match you wanted with Flex.

Matt: So now I’m indebted to you? You granted me one small match that now you tell me was meaningless. You let Mikey Stormrage become a double Champion. The first in WZCW. You broke a sacred rule for his sake. Is it preferential treatment? Or do you just not give a damn about your rules any more?

Becky: And so that’s why you want to take over? OK. Tell you what. Win. Win that Championship. Since you seem to have sold yourself to the devil for it, go ahead and win. Afterwards, I’d say you’ve more than earned the opportunity to go “corporate”. How’s that, Matt?

Matt: “Sold myself to the devil”? Is that what you think I did by turning on Mikey Stormrage? Another person criticizing my decisions? Another person thinking they know why I did what I did?

Becky: Stop lying to yourself, Matt. You might be right about people not being punished for doing bad things in wrestling. But at the same time, you know damn well you turned on Mikey out of fear of falling behind. It’s fine. Accept that. And use it to win. Otherwise, all of what you did, will be for nothing. And I know damn well that isn’t what you want.

I nodded. I approved of what she said. She was right. I was afraid. I was afraid that I made the wrong choice. But if I’m going to attack my friend and justify it, I can’t back down for anything. I can’t pretend to avoid the criticism. This should not be a matter of if I did something right or wrong. It’s about how far I’ll go to make it a successful move. I have to bear with it. I took a proverbial knife and I stabbed it through my best friends back in the name of reaching out for lost glory. People will hate me for it now no matter what. But if I win, it’ll be worth it because I achieved the goal I seeked out. But if I fail, I’ll not only be hated for my actions. But I’ll also be ridiculed for coming up short. I would’ve burned a years long friendship for nothing. That would be an even bigger betrayal in my eyes than the one I committed when I attacked Mikey Stormrage. At least if I win, our careers advance. If I lose, his does. I’ll just be the clown who burnt it all away. Becky was right. I was afraid. I was still the same insecure loser I was when this cycle started. Having just come off a series of embarrassing losses. But when I told Katherine times change, I wasn’t wrong. I just needed to make sure they change for the better. And to do that, I need to take control and do ANYTHING within my power to come out on top at Gold Rush. I won’t let this sacrifice go in vain. But I can’t just act recklessly. I have take things Despacito.

I pulled my phone from my pocket and checked it. I had a text from Katherine.

It read: Please call me when you can. I miss you

I sent back I would call her as soon as I could and slid my phone back into my pocket and went inside. Jack was waiting.

"Are you okay? I'd hate to watch your fat ass keel over and me forget CPR."

Oddly enough, Jack being his usual self made me feel more at ease.

"Yeah, I'm fine Jack. I just need to let the world know this. I've known it for a long time, longer than I'd care to admit. I was afraid though. See I have this girl, Katherine, she is beautiful and funny and kind. I am way into her, but I've been afraid to commit. I tell everyone I needed to sort out the ethics of me dating one of my students. That I needed to speak with Matt and make sure it wouldn't make things awkward with the other students. In truth, I needed to talk with Matt to make sure it wasn't awkward with him. I was confused, I was scared, but I love Matt Tastic. Not in a friendly way. Not in a brotherly way. I mean in a I want to spend my life with him way."

I could tell everyone was stunned. I was too honestly. As obvious as it was, it still shocked me when i heard it out loud.

"Are you coming out during this interview as gay?"

"No. Honestly I'm not sure what I'd call myself. I have never felt this way toward another man before. A few girls, yeah. I feel similar to Katherine despite our short time together. Matt is the first guy I've ever felt this for. Being completely honest, I'm not sure why I'm saying this. I know it isn't mutual and people won't understand. I just want him to know I miss him. When he did what he did on Ascension and basically walked out of my life, a part of myself walked out. A part of my heart is missing and it will likely never be back. I know people will call me names. They will look at me funny. Some may even refuse to work with me in the ring anymore, but this is who I am."

"I'm not really sure where to go with this. I wasn't expecting this at all."

"I'm not sure where to go either Jack. My whole life I searched for happiness, and I knew only love would bring that to me. When I was a kid in school, teachers would ask us, what do you wanna be when you grow up? Some kids wanted to be cops, or doctors, or baseball players. I wanted to be in love. Teachers always said I didn't understand the question, but I understood it well. I knew nothing in life would mean anything if I didn't have love. I searched for it my whole life. I've lived in Indiana, California, Denmark. I had a condo in England. I never felt at home until I settled in Puerto Rico with Matt. Now, its all gone. I feel empty, incomplete. I wish I could look at Matt and ask why. I know why though. See, I'm not the man I portray myself to be. I'm not some wholesome oaf. I know damn well what I'm doing. All those girls who I slept with over the years, they weren't me trying to fill a void in my heart. It was me using my position of fame to have sex. I don't drink excessively because I'm trying to mask the pain of a hard life. I drink because I like to get drunk and forget. I like to not have to take responsibility for my shitty actions. Matt was the only one who ever tried to look past that. You have no idea how many times, all over the world, Matt would tend to my wounds and fill me with food when I stumbled into our hotel room drunk for breakfast. There was a time I got high and trashed Grandpa's house. My excuse was my poor Spanish lead me to buying what I thought were supplements. I knew they were drugs, I just wanted to have fun. I hid behind shitty excuses for years. Matt Tastic did to me exactly what I deserved. I couldn't handle me. I don't blame others for not handling me either."

"It sounds like you are playing the victim right now."

"It's all I know how to do Jack. Its been my defense mechanism, my coping mechanism, since I was a teenager."

"What about Eve Taylor? You claimed more than once to love her."

I shook my head.

"I loved the sex. I loved the feeling of power. I liked Eve, she was a great friend. My feelings for her, superficial. It went no deeper than sex once we reached that point."

"Some say you really derailed her career. That you pulling her into a romantic relationship threw her off her trajectory to the top."

"I'm an asshole, but she knew what she was getting into. Look at her now, barely hanging onto a career. I wish her the best, but her failings were not my fault, they were her own. Just like my own failings are mine. I'm gonna try to play the victim sometime again, probably soon, but nearly all of the issues in my career would not have existed if I wasn't such a bastard."

"Are you going to try to back out of the match with Matt?"

"No. As much as I wish it could be different, it is what it is. I probably deserve what happened, but Matt didn't deserve me treating him like an afterthought. He could have gone about it differently, and I wish each second since he would have, but we can't change the past. I will wrestle Matt, but I will not fight him. Mayhem rules or not, I'm not using weapons. I'm going in to do my job. At this point in my life, its all I have. If I win, great. If not, I tried. You can't take my accolades from me."

"Do you have anything else you want to say? This has turned out much differently than I originally expected, so I don't really have anything else."

I looked at the floor before letting out a small sigh.

"I just want Matt to know that I'm sorry. For everything. You were my best friend, fuck you were more than that. Maybe if I came to terms with it and admitted it to myself sooner it would be different now. I just hope one day, maybe in some distant unknown future, things will be okay again."

I took off my sound equipment and walked off set without acknowledging anyone. I walked out onto the balcony of the building we were on. There was a brisk breeze. I got my phone and called Katherine. She didn't answer.

I sank to the ground against the railing. I called her again. It went to her voicemail once more, but this time I left a message.

"Hey, I have a lot on my mind so I hope this doesn't come out as a jumbled mess. You will see the interview soon, but I came out. I know you didn't know, but I admitted I had romantic feelings for Matt. I'm not sure if that makes me gay, bi, pan, or something else Tumblr invented this week, but I love him. I love him in the same way I love you. I wish I would have said this to you sooner too, but here it is. Since the moment I laid eyes on you, my stomach did flips. Each second I spent with you, getting to know you better, the feelings grew. This is everything I've wanted for years. This is the thing I told myself since I was eight that I needed to be happy. It would make my life complete. Yet for some reason my fucked up brain doesn't understand, I can't pursue this. Maybe I'm just my own worse enemy, maybe the lack of suffering would mean this identity I've built for myself would no longer be valid. I'm not sure. Just know that I wouldn't be good for you anyway. I'm a mess, a wreck. I bring everyone around me down. So many people have drowned trying to save me, when the truth is I would save myself if I just kicked a little. I can't bring you into this mess knowing how I truly feel about you. Maybe I'm confused, maybe I'm trying to play the victim again, maybe I'm just destined to fuck up my entire life. Whatever it is, maybe one day this will make sense to me and I can do something. For now though, I have to be on my own. I'll figure it out. I'm sorry."

I took a long pause before I hit the button to end the call. I looked through the railing at the ground below. I tossed my phone away over the railing. I didn't need it now and wouldn't need it anytime soon. Traffic looked like it had resumed to its normal pace. The world around me was still spinning, even if the world inside myself had come to a screeching halt due to my own self sabotage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back