Gold Rush Discussion: Pre-show Battle Royal

FlexAmerican Dynamite

WZCW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION
The Beard vs. Bruce Irwin vs. Derek Jacobs vs. The Eternal Question vs. Prince

BC8izVE.gif

Prior to the Gold Rush event, a special pre-show over-the-top battle royale will take place with the remaining superstars on the WZCW Roster who were unlucky enough to not progress through the Gold Rush tournament or return/make their debut after the fact. Whilst there is no official reward given to winning this match, one must assume that the last man standing tall will definitely be receiving a championship opportunity in the future.​

• I didn't expect to see The Beard in this match: it just hasn't been his cycle. I suspect he'd be the guy people will be targeting first since he's a former World champ. A good, solid Beard RP can take this one.
  • Bruce Irwin's another who hasn't had things go his way. Nothing's clicking with him. I doubt this is the match for Irwin to find his groove but I've seen crazier things. Steven Kurtesy was put in a pre-show match and ended up kick-starting an interesting Mayhem title feud.
  • Derek Jacobs just returned and picked up a victory. Good for him. A dark horse in this match if he can keep the momentum.
  • Prince got beaten about by the top guys and then took on a rookie, cleaning him up. Hard to judge but he seriously needs to up his game here.

This leaves the Eternal Question. He has won two Triple Threat matches in two weeks and has been pretty good in his delivery. I cannot look past him here as my pick to win.

Prince has his work cut out for him if he wants to win this. It can be done.... however it could be quite difficult. I am leaning toward either Lee or Haiku right now. Either one of them to take the win, depending on what the RP's end up being like once they are posted. Jacobs could also get the win if his is as good as his last RP was. Without having any RP's to read yet, I predict Haiku as The Eternal Question takes the win here based on what I have read from the rest of the cycle from everyone involved.

I'm not going to lie...and don't know if'n creative would do this, but this is just me...I'd be down with The Beard winning.

Yes, I know that's kind of counterintuitive, seeing as how he's leaving, but Beard was one of the most influential gimmicks of the past few years of the fed. Beard has been so damn consistent. And frankly, Beard has always been my favorite guy to work with in the fed. I'm going to miss Theo, and think it would be totally cool if we sent the big man out on a win.

I'm not going to lie...and don't know if'n creative would do this, but this is just me...I'd be down with The Beard winning.

Yes, I know that's kind of counterintuitive, seeing as how he's leaving, but Beard was one of the most influential gimmicks of the past few years of the fed. Beard has been so damn consistent. And frankly, Beard has always been my favorite guy to work with in the fed. I'm going to miss Theo, and think it would be totally cool if we sent the big man out on a win.

I completely agree with everything said here. Beard totally deserves the win if he's leaving.

There's other ways to honor someone than giving them a pre-determined victory.

I'm of this opinion. I love Theo and Beard has been awesome, but I strongly believe that pre-determined victories should only happen on rare occasions when it clearly helps both people involved. This isn't one of those cases.

Derek Jacobs throws himself over the rope. Bruce Irwin follows him asking if he's okay. Prince is alone in the ring with no clue on what's happening.

Winner: The Beard after ripping through the floor of the ring. Scares Prince to death. A few fans die as well. Classic Pre-Show moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back