Going to a video game symphony tonight

The Legendary 23

Naughty by Nature
with a couple of friends. Basically an entire orchestra plays various iconic video game scores, with a jumbotron showing the game. My bud told that they hand out laptops to random attendees where they play space invaders for cash. Apparently the orchestra mimics the game noises, as they can see it on the big screen.

Has anyone here ever been to one of them before? I'm wondering what to expect.

I love symphonies. In fact, I wonder why the Music sections have exactly no love for the symphonies. I'm going to fix that in a day or so. Have to gather my thoughts for a thread.

if they're doing Halo songs, MTFO for me man. All I ask

Dude, I got you covered. My friend is going to gyrate with excitement throughout it I'm sure.

I love symphonies. In fact, I wonder why the Music sections have exactly no love for the symphonies. I'm going to fix that in a day or so. Have to gather my thoughts for a thread.

Actually I'll post in that if you make it. I really do enjoy listening to symphony tracks every now and then.

I've been to one before, it was amazing. Heard some Mario, some Final Fantasy, and possibly the greatest music from a game ever in Ocarina of Time.
If you're a hardcore games fan you'll have a blast.

The concert was pretty good. Not great, but good, and definently worth the money. 90% of the concert was Nintendo series; Final Fantasy, Zelda, Mario, the stuff you would expect. On some of them they had really cool cinematics synced on the jumbotron.

At one point this eleven year old who won a nearby Guitar Hero tournament came up on stage, and they said if he could get over 220,000 points on Sweet Emotion on hard he would get a 360 amongst other things. He said to put it on expert, and he knocked it out of the park.

The also had the internet sensation of the guy who played the Super Mario Bros. theme blindfolded. He came out and did a couple performances, but the last one he did was insane. I swear his hands were going in and out of wormholes on the piano. In the end, a good concert that I was glad I decided to go to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back