Genesis: X Division Title - Amazing Red (c) v. TBD

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
So, Red doesn't get an opponent, and hasn't actually appeared in a singles match in over a month. I have no idea who will win this one :rolleyes:

X seems to think it will be Jeff, and I don't see why not. It's about time he wins some gold in TNA, after putting up an 0-fer the first go 'round. Should be a good match, possibly opening, and setting the tone for what could be a surprise of a show.

This title match could have anyone as a challenger. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Jarrett, but part of me thinks World Elite Rob Terry. He has the freaking X-Division briefcase from Feast or Fired. He should cash it in and win the title so that he proves that he isn't a useless piece of muscle used as an enforcer. He might not win, but at least he's actually wrestling. And that's what's in the books.

This title match could have anyone as a challenger. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Jarrett, but part of me thinks World Elite Rob Terry. He has the freaking X-Division briefcase from Feast or Fired. He should cash it in and win the title so that he proves that he isn't a useless piece of muscle used as an enforcer. He might not win, but at least he's actually wrestling. And that's what's in the books.

I don't think they'd let it be Terry, since it's supposed to be a huge surprise. I'd agree with X here, and say it's Jeff Hardy, and he wins a quick paced spotfest to open the show. Maybe after that, Terry cashes in, and Hardy beats him, to give him a bit of vindication for the way Vince took the belt off him last year.

I'd also throw out Shark Boy's name. He hasn't appeared in forever, and he's a longshot, but the crowd loves him, and it's just crazy enough to work. Of course, he won't win.

As Brian Kendrick has signed with the company it may well be him

When was it ever confirmed he signed? I only heard he was purposely fired from WWE.

After some posting in the main TNA section, I've realized there's one name we all seem to have forgotten. What about Rob Van Dam? He's perfect for the X Division, and he'd be the one man that can arrive and win some gold right away. He's also one of the few guys that could arrive, and absolutely no one would be pissed off.

When was it ever confirmed he signed? I only heard he was purposely fired from WWE.

I haven't heard anything about Kendrick signing with TNA either, not sure what this guy is talking about. What's TNA's relationship with ROH these days? Does TNA still bar all of their talent from appearing on ROH events? If so, then no, Kendrick is definitely not signed with TNA because he's already booked on dates with both ROH and PWG. He'll be appearing at the 8th Anniversary show for ROH specifically, so unless he's going to cancel those appearances I don't see him being the surprise opponent for Red this Sunday.

Rob Van Dam is another name being tossed around, but he too is booked on dates with PWG (the epic PWG show on the 30th this month).

Seeing as how Jeff Hardy debuted last week during the X-Division match, and seeing as how we didn't see him on this episode of Impact either, I have to believe that he'll be the mystery opponent for Amazing Red here, and that he'll win the X-Division title. Even though I'm predicting it will happen, I'm still going to mark out if (or when) it does happen. Giving the X-Division title to Hardy would be a great move, it would make that title look better seeing as how the last title he held was the WWE World Heavyweight title, and at the same time TNA won't be shooting themselves in the foot if they book Hardy as a big main eventer for his short term contract and then he just disappears or returns to the WWE (which will be happening, no doubt about it in my mind).

Anyways, if it is Hardy, this is going to be a fun match I imagine. Hopefully it wouldn't just be a squash of Red, give them a good ten minutes.

It'll either be Hardy, or another big name here. At least it should be, or there'll be a lot of disappointment. Whoever the hell it is, they'll be winning here. Red has more or less done nothing thus far as the champ and I don't see anyone he wins this one here. Should be an exciting, albeit probably a little short, match.

I think it has to be Jeff who will be facing Red. Those two could put on a pretty exciting match. I don't think it'll be Kennedy because TNA will probably have bigger plans for him. This should be a good match, and I wouldn't be surprised if Red lost the title. He really hasn't done anything in a while.

Well, there is only one person facing Red. And it's not really a "surprise," since he showed his mug on Impact on the 4th. Of course, Jeff Hardy will be the "mystery" opponent.

I really don't want to call the outcome of this match just yet. Does TNA wish to take a chance with giving Hardy another go in the company, title run or not? He does have his personal issues to deal with still. Or do they wish to establish Amazing Red as someone legitimate, that the fans could possibly take seriously?

I think it's too tough to call at this point.

I suppose this is a decent way for them to cover up the fact that Red has had no storylines surrounding his X Division Championship lately. None. It also could have been an interesting way to help fans become interested in buying the PPV.... if TNA had announced the match sooner. It's too last minute for it to make much of a difference in purchasing the show now, but if announced a while back it could have. I think that the mystery opponent will be one of the "new" members of TNA. Whoever it is though, I bet Red will retain because even though he has no current storyline, he could begin one with whoever this opponent is after they demand a rematch. Red puts on good matches and should remain champion, but he needs some actual storylines too. Hopefully I'm right and he will have one soon.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Amazing Red will retain the X Division Championship.

I would say Jeff Hardy as well but his legal issues might prevent this, im going to throw in Shannon Moore. Moore is a good highflyer (so ive heard) and he's a perfect fit for the X-Division, he may lose the match but it throws him into a program with a champion and (hopefully) they can bring some credibility to the title

I'm going with Alex on this one and saying it will be Shannon Moore. I think they would be advertise Jeff, well they should if they were smart. I wouldn't be suprised if it would be Jeff, I would actually like it but right now I think it will be Shannon Moore. I believe the match will be pretty good. Most probably a spot fest but a good one with Amazing Red. Hopefully Red comes out as the winner but I can see the mystery opponent winning.

After not defending his title in what seems like forever (I guess that can be said for the Tag and Global titles as well), Amazing Red has a title defense against a mystery opponent tonight. Who wii it be and who do you want it to be?

I'm hoping the opponent will be Shannon Moore. He came in with Jeff Hardy, but did nothing on the Jan 4th show. Hopefully, it's him and he brings Hardy along to make an appearance.

Unfortunately, I have a fear that it's going to be Rob Terry cashing in his Feast or Fired Briefcase. He will go on to win the championship and we will be stuck with a 'Cody Deaner winning the KO title' situation.

I hope I'm wrong. The X-division title has been reduced to being meaningless due to lack of feuds or title defenses (again, the same can be said about the Tag and Global titles). Putting the title on Rob Terry would make it seem even more useless.

it could be possible with the x divison meaning no limits and the possiblity thats going around with Mr anderson signing with tna and suspose to debut tonight or at the tapings that he is reds opponet it could be possible.

I wouldn't be surprise to see Mr. Kennedy... Mr. Anderson being his opponent tonight or at least get involved in the match, as per TNA, after the match he pops out of nowhere and he comes out the ramp. Like I said, I wont be surprised.

But like you said, I hope its Shannon Moore, with or without Jeff Hardy, I think it would be good for him to get right in there and prove hes still got it, plus I've always sorta liked Shannon so I wouldn't mind seeing debut in this manner.

My vote would be Shannon Moore. I really can't offer a more likely alternative off the top of my head but thinking outside the box I guess Rob Terry is a remote possibility, or Joe or someone equally inappropriate.

If it was going to be a current X-Division star they wouldn't hype it as a mystery opponent. I'm sure MCMG will beat Lethal Consequences on the pre-show again, I think Daniels is against Morley, Suicide is always a possibility... or even KAZ! But then again isn't Kaz & Traci's wedding this weekend? They will probably both be away for a little while due to that. They've proven they don't care about Kiyoshi, Bashir & Deaner are gone, Shark Boy would be hilarious just because of the anti-climax factor.

How about Jimmy Rave or Petey Williams returning? Neither have been seen in ROH for months and were only cut because they had nothing for them. And my final long shot guess would be BRIAN KENDRICK.

I hadn't thought of Kaz, but that would be a great way to "re-introduce" him to the fans. Would they then just drop Suicide, or have Kaz pull a Alissa Flash/Raisha Saeed?

I would say Samoa Joe. He is one of the big names of the company and he doesnt have a match tonight. Rob Terry can barely wrestle in a traditional match, how the hell does he wrestle in the X-Division? I doubt that they will waste Ken Anderson debuting in the ring until the next pay per view. Shannon Moore would be a good match for Amazing Red to drop his title. Seriously Red doesnt have the mic skills to make it and to maintain an interesting character. A worker cant relay on a manager forever because they will never make it big. Imagine the Undertaker still having to rely on Paul Bearer, The Taker would have never made it as long as he has.

i doubt its joe he has a World Title shot lined up so im thinkin tonight he cashes in his feast or fired case and goes for the World title. it could be Shannon Moore or Kaz/Sucide or maybe even Homicide rob terry could cash in his case too.

I read on here a couple of days ago that Borash (the TNA backstage interviewer) said via tweet that there are going to be 2 debuts tonight.

So that means either they are new to TNA completly or there just making there in ring debut and that leaves us with these people that i know of.

Jeff Hardy (kinda hope it is him but i cant see it cause he was going after the Tna title with his first run there and since he left and won the WWE title cant see them or him running with the X division belt although if he won it it could boost the belt which would be nice.)

Shannon Moore(hope they dont waste it on him not that i dont think he is talented or that i dont like him cause i do its just thats not a big name that not going to exite people)

the person i expect it to be RVD been in talks for a long time with TNA and what a surprise that would be to everyone world wide

It definitly has to be a person who wrestles the X Division style. So it cant be Kennedy, Rob terry (i hope not), Shannon moore and Jeff hardy. It would have to be someone like from Mexico, japan or ROH.

Waltman- I think they have announced this instead of a surprise.
Terry- Personally i'm assuming and hoping that will be cashed in on Impact!
Joe- Like someone else said I get the feeling he cashes in his case tonight.
Hardy- I have to assume they want a Hardy-Styles match at some point.
Moore- To me that would be a let down for a mystery opponent.
Kennedy/anderson- He'll debut tonight but it will be with his strength as a talker.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My guess is RVD. It might be a one night situation but he is my guess.

I think its gonna be anderson but really wish it would be paul london i think those two could put on a great opener and he has been with tna so you never know

Brian Kendrick aka Spanky

I'm pretty happy with this. It's by no means a major event, but it should still be a good match, with a lot of high spots and fast paced action. I'm a lot more confident that Red will be dropping the belt also. Changing hands is the best thing for the belt right now.

DO NOT POST SPOILERS! YOU CAN REPLY TO THE SPOILER, BUT DO NOT NAME NAMES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back