Genesis: Triple Threat Tag Team Title Match

Rusty

Is hanging up the boots
Beer Money vs. Abyss & Matt Morgan vs. TNA Tag Team Champions Jay Lethal & Consequences Creed​

I am shocked that we have new TNA Tag Team Champions on iMPACT. Beer Money were great champions. But I'm glad the Frontline finally got some gold. Jay Lethal and Consequences Creed could be great and long lasting champions. I hope TNA doesn't drop the ball on these two, because they are both great talents. This match seems interesting at the very least. I'm not sure how TNA triple threat tag team matches even work.

I don't want another title change here, otherwise it will completely devalue the Feast of Fired briefcase concept. Beer Money should go their separate ways in the near future. Abyss & Matt Morgan would make good champions, but maybe at a later date. This match should be rather interesting but I think the Frontline will retain here. I hope we don't go around in circles here by Beer Money winning back the belts.

Also, weren't we supposed to see Beer Money feud with Team 3D for the belts? That seems out of the question, at least for now. So what are your thoughts on this rather unpredictable match, only because TNA doesn't believe in long title reigns.

So, LAX is seemingly breaking up, the machine guns are facing each other and now beer money lost the titles and it seems that a breakout is normally imminent after these TNA Rough Cuts. So my question is why have they destroyed the tag team division? For awhile there with LAX as champs it was controlling the midcard with lots of teams and some pretty decent matches. As for this match of course Lethal Consequences should retain. They in fact need to pull out the win or else it further butchers the feast or fired concept. Since they started it there have been 4 briefcase cashed in with only 2 title changes, both involving Lethal surprisingly. I think this match will be decent but not great with the Roode "knee injury" leading to a roll up most likely by Lethal to retain

Fucking title changes on free TV again? Stupid. Terribly stupid. I'm going to guess that Lethal and Creed retain. Every option here is stupid anyway. Creed and Lethal keeping the belts would just keep the smear of TNA's stupid titles-change-on-free-TV-rather-than-PPV policy across our screens. Beer Money winning would be nullifying the entire thing, making it completely pointless. And Matt Morgan and Abyss are total shit, so they won't be getting the titles.

Should be kinda watchable, if a bit of an incredible clusterfuck. Typical TNA.

This match should be pretty decent. We have the strength(Abyss/Morgan) vs. the speed(Creed & Lethal) vs. a team with a good amount of both(Beer Money). I like having Lethal and Creed as tag champions since it helps build the frontlines prestige. Also Creed & Lethal are both incredibly talent, I just hope they become a legit tag team and hold the belts for a while.

Beer Money had a great run with the titles, I don't no if they should split up yet or not. In one hand being in a tag team limits the exposure you have and both and both are being kept from being at the top but I just don't know if TNA is willing to push them to the top as singles competitors yet so it may make sence to keep them in the tag division a while longer.

In the end I sure hope that Lethal & Creed retain or it will make the title change stupid, pointless, and make them look weak. They will probably get the win on Beer Money and Morgan/Abyss are just going to be used as numbers I do believe.

Stupid match. Pointless putting the titles on Lethal & Creed anyway, what exactly had either done over the last couple of months? Losing mostly. Abyss & Morgan are supposed to be serious, so I don't see how them being involved in this match is supposed to help them. Abyss vs. Creed will look like shit, and help the credibilty of neither. Instead they should have just had Beer Money vs. Creed & Lethal on the show.

Well, it should be an alright match. I am in agreement that the Creed & Lethal (I think they're calling the team Lethal Consequences, I heard one of them yell it out last night) title change was pretty weak, as Beer Money has to be among the best tag teams in the business right now. But, if Beer Money were to win here, it not only devalues the titles, it buries Creed and Lethal, and makes the Feast and Fired concept look really bad. So, I've got to hope for Creed and Lethal to win here. Abyss/Morgan winning is just a bad idea, for the same reasons.

The match should be fairly good, probably the opener, I'd think. Everyone involved is a fairly good wrestler, and hopefully they let Roode wrestle rather than sell the injury more. Lethal Consequences will almost certainly win, but I see them dropping the titles in a month or two.

WTF? So I am starting to agree with the people who say TNA is a total moronic company. What was the purpose of having Lethal & Creed win, and then change it back to the champions 3 days later? It makes Lethal & Creed look weak and it just didn;t make sence. This is the second quicky title reign that Lethal has won(x division reign lasted 2 days). The match was good but nothing special, but I'm just still in shock that they put the belts on Beer Money so soon. What was the point?

I can't stand it!! How did leathal & creed get the title shot? The stole it from the Gunns.

They won the titles because one of Beer money was "hurt", can't you see where this is headed?

I won't tell you, figure it out yourselves.

WTF? So I am starting to agree with the people who say TNA is a total moronic company.

You seen the Cute Kip intro into the Main Event too, huh.. I know, I know.

What was the purpose of having Lethal & Creed win, and then change it back to the champions 3 days later?

To give them the titles, instead of just having them cash in and lose. While it does indeed look foolish and slightly stupid.. it gives credit to Creed & Lethal as a Tag team.

And, "they" didn't lose the belts. They technically didn't even "lose" the match. They weren't involved in the ending, which will more than likely set-up a rematch next month against Beer Money, Inc. which will be a great feud.

It makes Lethal & Creed look weak and it just didn;t make sence.

Again, they weren't involved in the ending of the match. Creed & Lethal controlled a lot of the match and were taken out of the picture toward the end. They don't look weak, they (if anything) look strongER because it shows a lot to not be the losing individual.. like Morgan was.

This is the second quicky title reign that Lethal has won(x division reign lasted 2 days).

Agreed. Giving Samoa Joe the X-Division title, directly after Lethal had won it was stupid.. but even then it had a point. But once again, if you recall.. I believe that too, was in a Triple Threat match.

The match was good but nothing special, but I'm just still in shock that they put the belts on Beer Money so soon. What was the point?

I love how you say they put the belts back on Beer Money "so soon". Technically, Beer Money, Inc. should've never lost them. Robert Roode was "injured" during the match that took place for the straps. It was a glorified handicap match to begin with.. if ANYTHING.. the fact that James Storm still almost retained in that match.. makes Lethal & Creed look weak.. but giving Beer Money back the titles, so the heels can keep them and the faces can chase them.. is anything but stupid.

Disagreeing with Will on this. For one thing I didn't like how Lethal and Creed won the titles in the first place. Roode had already had a long match with Morgan and was injured. Storm was in street clothes, and then it took a belt shot for them to win. Multiple problems here. First of all, it makes Lethal and Creed look weak because it took so long to beat a worn down team, but this is somewhat excuseable as Beer Money has been around for a good while and Lethal and Creed are pretty much brand new. The other problem that I and perhaps I alone had with it was it just seemed like a waste of the FoF case. It just came off as boring to me to have a long match for the tag titles, but if nothing else the match was fairly good.

Now moving on to the PPV, I'm not a fan of this. The main issue I have with it is if they're more or less going to waste Abyss and Morgan, why not let Beer Money squeak by them and then have Lethal and Creed sneak in and win the tag belts? If nothing else that gets Morgan and Abyss out of the picture and then allows BM to claim they didn't deserve to lose the belts because they were worn out already, and Lethal and Creed's win doesn't seem like a fluke.

Disagreeing with Will on this. For one thing I didn't like how Lethal and Creed won the titles in the first place. Roode had already had a long match with Morgan and was injured. Storm was in street clothes, and then it took a belt shot for them to win. Multiple problems here. First of all, it makes Lethal and Creed look weak because it took so long to beat a worn down team, but this is somewhat excuseable as Beer Money has been around for a good while and Lethal and Creed are pretty much brand new. The other problem that I and perhaps I alone had with it was it just seemed like a waste of the FoF case. It just came off as boring to me to have a long match for the tag titles, but if nothing else the match was fairly good.

I actually agree with this, and if anything I said came off as otherwise, I didn't mean it that way.

I liked the Triple Threat on Pay per view.. but I felt the iMPACT! match that got Lethal & Creed involved in this match to begin with, was a waste and badly made decision.

It was once again T.N.A.'s idea to get two "named" Superstars on their Pay per view. It was also a way to make the FoF title shot seem "worth it", even though it was stolen from what W.W.E.'s already done time and time again.

The iMPACT! match was boring, and DID make Creed/Lethal look weak, because they couldn't put away a guy who didn't know he was going to wrestle, and an injured wrestler.. plus, as you said, the title shot at the end.

But I don't think the Pay per view match, loss, hurts them.. because they weren't involved in the ending.. and it'll finalize in a future storyline between Beer Money, Inc. & Creed/Lethal.

Now moving on to the PPV, I'm not a fan of this. The main issue I have with it is if they're more or less going to waste Abyss and Morgan, why not let Beer Money squeak by them and then have Lethal and Creed sneak in and win the tag belts? If nothing else that gets Morgan and Abyss out of the picture and then allows BM to claim they didn't deserve to lose the belts because they were worn out already, and Lethal and Creed's win doesn't seem like a fluke.

I don't think Abyss/Morgan will end after tonight. I bet they make up, and have a match on iMPACT! within the month, for the Tag titles. At that point, Abyss will flat-out heel turn on Morgan.. or vise-versa, and that's when their bloody feud will begin.

Beer Money, Inc. should by all rights get a victory over the slapped together team of Morgan and Abyss.

From there, Creed/Lethal should be built up against Beer Money, Inc. and possibly take the gold.

But again, I don't believe their small run was or should be considered a "fluke" because they WERE NOT in the deciding factor of the 3-way.. that's the beauty of a 3-way.. the Champs didn't have to "lose" to lose.

Beer Money shouldnt have lost in the first place, it is bullshit, because of the fact that they won the titles back 3 days later. Why even drop them in the first place?? It just put an unecessary end to their 140-something day title reign, no record breaking for them

Oh well, at least they have the titles back

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back