• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Genesis: TNA Knockout Championship

Rusty

Is hanging up the boots
Lumberjack Match: Christy Hemme vs. Awesome Kong (c)
With the other TNA Knockouts surrounding the ring​

Every pay per view needs a filler, and this seems fitting for that spot on the card. Christy Hemme has been improving in the ring as of late and she seems like a strong contender to Awesome Kong's title. Making it a lumberjack match seems pointless as the other Knockouts have no business being in this match.

But knowing TNA and their obsession with heel dominance, I'm going to predict that Hemme will actually win the title here. But she will win it after interference from multiple babyface knockouts making Kong look stronger than the eventual winner of the match. Kong's reign as champion has been an absolute bore, and I really think TNA really needs to book her better because at the moment, she's booked stronger than the TNA Heavyweight Champion. And I'm not even exaggerating.

It should be a decent filler, but nothing more. What are your thoughts on this matchup between these two Knockouts?

Hemme is getting a push for some reason and she'll get the title sometime, and I suppose this is as good of a time as any. Kong's reign has indeed been awful and somehow the most dominant mainstream female wrestler in this country in a long time has been made a transitional champion. Her first reign was excellent, but this one has just seemed pointless. Is Hemme the best option for the belt? Somehow, she might be. I haven't seen much of her in ring stuff, but typically the knockouts are good in the ring. Since Kong got the title back, she'll likely be an improvement, so why not give it to her here? She'll always be dominant in the division, so why not elevate someone else?

Kong has almost overstayed her welcome in the Knockout division. She has been so dominant that the others girls look weak compared to her. Kong can't be the only dominant knockout since it makes the others seem like jokes. But once Kong starts losing more than once in a while then Kong's persona will be damaged. I almost think they should start making Kong more than just a dominant monster knockout and start developing her character.

I think Christy should win but another underdog champion like Wilde will get old fast. TNA really needs to start utilizing The Beautiful People more. The match will be a bore since Christy isn't good enough to work a solid match with Kong but hopefully I will be surprised.

So Christy is apparently hurt and there is going to be a replacement. Now I'm reasonably sure that it will be Taylor Wilde or Roxxi or ODB but I really hope they go outside the box and bring in a new knockout. I mean there are plenty of very good indy wrestlers out there who could put on a good match in the past so here's me hoping for Sarah Del Ray here or them allowing cheerleader melissa out from under her Saeed character

So I guess Hemme is injured and out of the equation, which is a damn shame, because I really thought she was going to win this time.

So we'll get either ODB, Roxxi, or Taylor Wilde, and none of them will win. Hemme had all the momentum and there's no way any of these should win the title. I'd most like to see ODB, because at least that's kind of a fresh match, I don't think that's been on PPV recently. Maybe TNA will surprise us and give a heel the match - I think the Beautiful People could work as semi faces against Kong for the night. But no one will win the title, and the match will probably suck, because it'll have been slapped together last minute, with no momentum around it, etc., etc. Not to mention Kong has no real competition in TNA, so they couldn't make a good match out of it if they tried. The best they can do is Kong vs ODB.

Now that's Christy's out of this match, it would be funny if they would put on of Kong's peoples against here for the title. How could would it be to see either Raisha saeed or rhaka khan get at a title shot and actually win it but am guessing that since it's TNA the might just give it to whoever the girl that Awesome kong beat last and have a rematch at the ppv.

A lumberjack match is the only logical way Kong is going to lose the belt with the numbers advantage catching up on her. Face it, every woman wants a smaller champion.

With Christy Hemme (why is she still employed) out with a neck injury, it'll be fun to see who steps into the frame. My thoughts... Raisha Saeed would make an interesting new champion. The woman is a great wrestler in whatever persona they want to have her in and I think breaking the alliance of Kong and Saeed and allowing Melissa to have a shot would work nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back