• Pope

• Devon

Results are only viewable after voting.

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
Genesis 2012
Pope v. Devon
Grudge Match

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

800px-Impact_Wrestling.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ppv3.jpg

All discussion here.​

I'd rather this not have to feature Devon in a singles match, but honestly this should make for a great mid-card match between two guys who can flat out work. The storyline is a little cheesy, but it works and it's giving Pope air time on iMPACT! that IMO he really deserves.

All-in-all Pope walks out the victor here as this angle needs to continue.

I say The Pope because he has the most to benefit. Devon's current singles run is close to nothing.

Not too excited for this one, as IDR said the story flat out sucks(I hate Devon's kids being involved) but these guys are both solid workers and will give us a good match. Pope will win this one but it won't be the end of their issues, they'll continue this feud for a while. In the end I think Pope takes the feud, I'm guessing there will be more involvement from Devon's boys and they'll side with Pope. There really isnt any reason for Devon to win here, Pope can do alot more with the win and I really hope it works out well for him. Devon, I love the guy but he isn't worth pushing, he's still good but his best days are behind him with Bully.
Gunslinger's Prediction
Pope Wins

Contrary to some popular opinion, I think Devon is ok as a singles wrestler, though not spectacular. I hate this storyline (any thing involving the kids is bad IMO), but like mentioned before Devon and Pope are solid workers that might put on a decent match, storyline notwithstanding. Pope gets the victory in this one.

I can only hope Pope wins this. While I respect him getting into good shape lately, I don't think Devon has much of a future as a singles star. Of course, I said that about Bully Ray, but until I see something like that from Devon I don't expect to change my mind. I wonder where the story goes if Pope were to win the whole feud. Would Devon's kids just keep hanging around, helping him out in matches and beatdowns and stuff? Not sure if I'd like that. Either way, I see no reason for Pope to lose here, as this storyline, while built for quite a while, is getting pretty old. Let's just end it.

As Devon’s twin boys are both 16 going on 17 (the age many prowrestlers cut their teeth), I actually don’t have an issue with their participation in principle, especially as I think that the guys falling for the ‘cooler’ Pope over their stick in the mud dad is quite an original idea. However, I’ve found both Terrence and Terrell extremely dull so the story hasn’t exactly excited me.

That said, I believe that the story will be dragged on for a while yet and that means that Pope will be walking out the winner here (probably with assistance from T&T).

I think this angle is garbage and hopefully it'll be over soon, but I think Devon wins this match. He's the face, Pope is a ******** who has turned his kids on him, booking 101 says the face gets some retribution initially even if he loses the overall feud.

i dont really care about this match....but ill go with pope so the fued can stay alive as it seems like too much to end with 1 match

I can't say I'm the least bit excited about this match. Their feud has been extremely long, drawn out and pretty pointless. I really don't see how this feud benefits either guy. It just has, and has constantly had, filler written all over it.

This match has gotten ZERO build over the course of most of the past month and if TNA insists on stretching this out even more, then Pope gets the win at the ppv with help from Devon's brats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back