• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

General WWE Complaining & PG Rating Thread

First identify when you began watching / Rate your enthusiasm with today's product

• I began watching in Hogan Era. I am Very Satisfied with PG Era.

• I began watching in Hogan Era. I am neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied with PG Era.

• I began watching in Hogan Era. I am very Dissatisfied with PG Era.

• I began watching in New Generation Era. I am Very Satisfied with PG Era.

• I began watching in New Generation Era. I am neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied with PG Era.

• I began watching in New Generation Era. I am very Dissatisfied with PG Era.

• I began watching in Attitude Era. I am Very Satisfied with PG Era.

• I began watching in Attitude Era. I am neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied with PG Era.

• I began watching in Attitude Era. I am very Dissatisfied with PG Era.

• I began watching in Post-Attitude Era. I am Very Satisfied with PG Era.

• I began watching in Post-Attitude Era. I am neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied with PG Era.

• I began watching in Post-Attitude Era. I am very Dissatisfied with PG Era.

• I began watching in PG Era. I am Very Satisfied with PG Era.

• I began watching in PG Era. I am neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied with PG Era.

• I began watching in PG Era. I am very Dissatisfied with PG Era.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Vince would need to stop trying to push what he wants and let the actual audience pick who should be on top. Case in point, Jeff Hardy, way over with the crowds, yet Vince did not give him a decent title run. Vince still thinks he can make people watch what he wants, over and over, he's wrong and it's time to start listening to the audience responses and look at the ratings to determine who should be the next big star.

Heels don't generally get clean wins because it makes us hate them more. Think about how annoyed you are when yet another heel gets a 'cheap' win by using the belt when the referee isn't looking, or having their foot on the ropes. It's things like that which make us hate/be annoyed. And guess what? That's the point of them! WWE is doing a fine job.

I understand that and it makes sense, as I said, but it doesn't make sense to do it all the time. It isn't really a surprise when every match ends the same, my point was more against the D.Q. finishes that have happened so much lately but Heels can get clean finishes and they actually benefit more from it because people get more behind them. Remember people's reactions to Dolph Ziggler before and after his first or second win on Smackdown? I can't remember who he beat but the finish came pretty much clean, he may have cheated a little I don't really remember but at least it wasn't a D.Q. and ended in a pin.

I would like to see the weekly TV shows matter again. As a general rule, nothing of significance ever happens on Raw or SD (I don't watch ECW). Unless there's been an injury or suspension, titles never change hands on any of the weekly TV shows. Like a couple of weeks ago when MVP challenged Orton for the title. Great match but everyone knew there was no way MVP was going to beat Orton to win the title on Raw (unless Orton was suspended or injured). So while the match was great the result was predictable: either a MVP loss, a win by DQ or something whereby the title doesn't change hands, or interference by Legacy. I think it would be a breath of fresh air to see someone defeat a champion, one on one, fair and square, on Raw to become a new champion. Like when Kingston beat MVP recently. And ideally without it being spoiled on sites such as this one.

Plus, as someone above me correctly stated, I would like to see a heel win a match every now and then without cheating or outside interference. I understand how this plays into the whole heel thing, but even still, I would like to see Edge, for example, actually defeat someone to win a title at least once without all the bullshit circumstances around it.

Theres nothing that the WWE can do, people will whinge and bitch about it all the time, they could bring back the Rock/Austin/Hogan etc and people will then start saying ''theres too much megastars now not enough new talents getting pushed'' they could bring back Bret Hart and you'd have people saying ''He's not like he used to be, he should have stayed away'' People are always going to find some fault with the WWE and nothing anybody can do will change that.

Pushing new talent will undoubtably recycle the whole process of bitching at champions that seems to be oh so popular now. Orton and Edge are a few titles away from being classed the most decorated of all time they should eclipse Flairs sixteen or HHH's 20+ in there career but that will bring the haters to say what they are saying about HHH now. Then the next new talent will come up and the process will start again.

Its only a matter of time before some negative publicity comes WWE's way again, which will make people (especially the media) hate on it even more, maybe another death, maybe a shocking investigation into how the superstars live, maybe another nuggets fiasco something will kick off because people quite frankly hate being satisfied with what they are watching and always feel the need to piss and moan about things, its just the world we live in.

Well the WWE has started the ascent into making me like it again. They are shocking people, at least in the last couple of days.

Shock #1 Fired Kennedy
Shock #2 Had Tommy Dreamer win the ECW title
Shock #3 Had Jeff Hardy win the WHC
Shock #4 Had CM Punk cash in the MiTB and win the WHC
Shock #5 Vickie quit
Shock #6 Edge's face turn (apparently)
Shock #7 HHH returning early
Shock #8 WWE released Umaga

So right now they have apeased me in the sense that they don't have Vickie any more as well as Batista is out again with another injury (sound familiar - Kennedy anyone?) So there isn't a champion. So it will be interesting what they pull off in the 3-for-all.

I was sad about the MVP promo after I saw HHH. MVP wanted to be in the title match at next week's 3 hour Raw but with HHH back, he'll be pushing people back again to regain the spotlight in the Main Event. That will be what truly makes me love Raw again. Smackdown seems to be getting it right. Raw has the "Main Event regulars." They need more mid-card guys to step up but truly, no one is molding them except MVP, sone one else needs to step up too but I can not figure anyone on Raw that could except Miz.

They need to freshen up the product in order to have people stop bitching. People don't wanna see the same old people on top(Orton, Cena & Triple H) & they definitely don't wanna see Orton & Triple H part 1,000 or some shit like that cause it's extremely stale & it's time for them two to feud with new people. They also need to not have the same old finish every single match with the heels. Yes I get that having a cheap victory does wonders for the heel, but let the heel get a suprise victory every once in a while. They are doing some positive things like The Miz being anti Cena & it does seem like they are letting Rhodes & DiBiase kinda branch out a bit without Orton, but other than that. I would say freshen up the main event scene & do something different for every match & hopefully there won't be as much bitching as there is now.

this thread is to hypocritical but overal a good question. Most of us have watched wrestling, and purchased merchandise, PPV's for a very long time now. That gives us the right to jump on here and simply offer our opinions on the product whether they be positive or negative. WWE CREATIVE TEAM... take some free advice from this and don't worry about thanking me... this stuff is less than obvious.

#1 These younger guys have to go through an acting class or something because there mic skills are brutal. They need to sell themselves when they talk or else why in the hell would we want to see a match? Cody and Ted are great young talent but they sound terrible on the mic so how could you take them seriously like Evolution?

#2 Stop using Cena in "Taking on the Impossible" situations. The first two matches he had with the Big Show were boring, they story was brutal and yet they are still pushing the angle! All these situations due is make people hate Cena even more. Cena vs RVD at One Night Stand a few years ago was a message, not a compliment.

#3 Take Chances! One of the oldest people on the active roster is Shawn and you have a new stable of the Hart family in ECW... you don't even need Bret to participate for it to be a good story line. DX vs. The Hart Foundation... it hasn't been done before!

#4 We've seen Triple H vs Randy 3 months ago, We've seen Cena and Orton and number of times and We've seen Orton and Batista... DO SOMETHING ELSE. Remember Shelton's fluke win against Triple H a few years ago? They made a brand new star in less than 10 min time on a random Monday night.

#5 Reach into your pocket Vince and bury your pride... peoples opinion of you will never change! Everyone has their price and I'm sure the Rock could be bought for a lowsey 6 months. What about Stone Cold? He doesn't even have to wrestle! He's fun enough to watch just as a "sherrif." I know Hogan has nothing going on right now and I'm sure he'd do anything for work after all the crap that his ex-wife is putting him through. All these men are huge draws no matter what. And I almost forgot... Randy Savage. Put peoples endless wonder to an end and cut a promo letting us all know why his name was seemingly taboo until now with his DVD. That will be a bit more interesting than that retarted promo you cut 2 weeks ago about the Denver Nuggets... nobody saw it, they were too busy watching the game!
You think by changing the TV rating to PG is going make people forget? You can have nothing but clowns wrestling for you and 20 years from now people will still believe sterriods get passed around in the locker room.

These will not increase your ratings over night but its definately a start... give us something new to watch! Money is tight these days and why spend huge dollars on a PPV to watch the exact same matches we saw at the previous 3?

Totally agree with you Whisper, I've been a fan of WWE since 2003, remember watching Survivor Series when 'Taker was buried alive. Anyways, I'd love to see HBK make his return but since he's financially balanced right about now and wanting to spend time with his kids, I don't think we'll see him return for a while now. I'm loving WWE right now, albeit apart from Punk's title victory, I'm a huge Punk fan but an even bigger Jeff fan, the only way I'm going to like that situation is if they have Punk make a heel turn. Other than that they're producing some great entertainmant, this past edition of SD was awesome. I'd say they need to push younger talent though, Kofi and The Colons are two brilliant examples of being pushed, but I wouldn't mind seeing Dolph Ziggler, Ricky Ortiz, MVP and others pushed to the main event or in the case of Ziggler and Ortiz into the IC Division, MVP should be pushed to the ME at this point after losing the US Title to Kofi.

1) A smark favorite like The Brian Kendrick or John Morrison wins a major world title in a slowly-built feud

2) A little reverse racism -- introduce a happy Arab wrestler guy who is all nice and a great wrestler and kicks ass in the ring. Have him win championships. Have him feud with a JBL type character who is an angry patriot type and is racist.

3) Colorful gimmicks. Example: Randy Orton really does hear voices in his head. Kofi Kingston is Spiderman. Chris Jericho can read minds. Undertaker can make zombies out of Santino Marella or Finlay.

4) Samoa Joe and Batman ("Dark Knight" Batman, not Adam West Batman) come in and feud. I know it sounds like a joke(R), but I'm very serious (Why so?). If this really happened, I would never complain about anything WWE-related ever again. Ever.

5) More cowbell.

Real quick, if they could bring back the Rock to Raw, I wouldn't complain about Raw, as it seems to be the only show I do get ticked off about.

I would say that Raw needs better feuds. It is the flagship program, but people are getting sick of seeing Trips and Orton. I admit I have maybe one last pay per view match between them in me before I am officially sick of the feud. I was able to deal with Backlash because we all had a feeling Orton would win, I'm not going to say we knew, but there was an inkling. Anyway, neither here nor there. They need to end that feud, and try giving MVP a shot, just to see how he may fair in the Main Event.

Cena vs. Big Show just needs to end. I thought at Extreme Rules it was going to be over, no matter who won. I was actually looking forward to the Miz vs. Cena match last night, hoping like hell it wasn't going to be Cena raping Miz and ruining his career. Then Show comes out and I thought, WTF, I thought this was over and the Cena vs. Miz feud could truly begin. Perhaps it is a blessing. Maybe Miz goes over Show sometime soon, kind of earning the right to face Cena? Then gives Cena a run for his money? That is probably wishful thinking.

If something happens that I like, I can only come up with really boring posts. I couldn't think of any interesting way to express my joy over Punk winning the world title, for example. My actual post is something like "Oh, Punk won. That'll be interesting."

Bitching about stuff unlocks my creativity. What would stop me? Nothing. Even if the product was perfect, it's just more fun to call stuff shit than it is to call stuff good.

I'm so happy someone made this thread. I'm tired of hearing people endlessly complain about PG ratings. I'm with you guys, it's stupid, but has it really changed the product that dramatically? No, it's just taken out some fun aspects, but the reason you started watching wrestling, the storylines and matches, they're still there, and for the most part, are as good as ever.

I will admit, RAW has had some problems lately, but I'm confident that The Miz and Cena will be able to give us something, and even though Orton and HHH has been done to death, a feud between them will be better than what we have been watching.

ECW and Smackdown have both been great, and each show has given us things to be excited about. ECW has the Hart Dynasty, and really all these young superstars that could be a huge deal more or less 5 years. Smackdown has given us an incredible feud between Y2J and Mysterio, and until recently, the mystery of a MITB cash in opportunity, and now a new champ in CM Punk, let's see what he can do this time.

In addition to all of this, we're coming off a very good ppv that had some great matches. That was a top 5 ladder match between Hardy and Edge, with an incredible twist at the end. The Y2J-Mysterio match was also great, with a big surprise ending.

In just the last week, the WWE has still been exciting, entertaining, and has put on some good matches. Last night's RAW was even pretty good. I am still really excited to watch the WWE. I hope people don't let the fact that it's going for a PG rating cloud their opinion of the product.

So what would WWE have to do to stop me from complaining? Nothing, just don't slip any further please, because RAW hasn't been the cream of the crop lately.

Well it's only been a little over a month since the draft and people jumping from brand to brand is starting to happen already. First Edge shows up on Raw and next week all three brands are going to be at Raw. And we all know this is just going to lead to superstars jumping from brand to brand.

I thought they said after this draft they were going to keep all the brands separate

Meh. The Draft show is supposed to make one entertaining Raw. That it did. You've got Superstars each week with each brand so I don't see what difference it makes. I don't even care if they have Smackdown matches on Raw. I only hope that they leave the inter-brand matches for PPV's at the very least.

Jake's right, The Draft is to build hype, make that one episode of RAW super exciting, and hope that the excitement stays for a couple weeks. If they just keep the brand's MOSTLY separated, it's done its job.

Edge coming on RAW last night isn't worth getting upset over, as it was one of the highlights of the show, for me anyway. Plus, it's not like he came and challenged someone for the WWE title or anything, he just wanted to tell Vickie he was done using her. As for next weeks three hour RAW, we don't know if there are going to be any inter-brand matches yet, just that all three brands will appear. For all we know, it could just be a supersized Superstars with more meaningful matches.

Edge going to Raw last night and next week’s 3 – For – All special doesn’t really affect the Draft the way you think it does. The only thing that really happened / happens is Edge was tying up loose ends with Vicki and their storyline marriage and it’s a 3 hour special next week. Now unless we start seeing Raw Stars on the Black and / or Blue show, ECW Stars on the Blue show and / or Smackdown Stars on the Black show, the Draft and it’s “rules” are still being abided by. Remember Raw is the Flagship show and for Stars from the other two shows showing up on Raw, it's not really that big of a deal.

Raw always does big specials. It's not even really a "Raw", it's a tri branded supershow. I mean, by this logic, the Draft itself disrespects the Draft. There's usually like 3 or 4 of these a year, and it's nothing to get worried over, as the week after, they'll just go back to the way it should be.

As for Edge, it was clearly a one time deal. Vickie is legitimately leaving, and they needed to have something happen other than her just say it and move on. That's no way to part ways with the WWE, of course. Edge coming out was hilarious and, for all those that hate Vickie (as you should, she really is a damn good heel), a great moment. He won't be back, I'm sure.

So, this was a one night thing, just like last year when Edge showed up to drop the title to Punk. This is nothing like the blatant erasing of draft lines that occurred from the beginning of Mania build up until Backlash. I doubt we're going to see any kind of return to that until the WWE gets in trouble again, and needs to move people around for the sake of improving the show.

Raw always does big specials. It's not even really a "Raw", it's a tri branded supershow. I mean, by this logic, the Draft itself disrespects the Draft. There's usually like 3 or 4 of these a year, and it's nothing to get worried over, as the week after, they'll just go back to the way it should be.

As for Edge, it was clearly a one time deal. Vickie is legitimately leaving, and they needed to have something happen other than her just say it and move on. That's no way to part ways with the WWE, of course. Edge coming out was hilarious and, for all those that hate Vickie (as you should, she really is a damn good heel), a great moment. He won't be back, I'm sure.

So, this was a one night thing, just like last year when Edge showed up to drop the title to Punk. This is nothing like the blatant erasing of draft lines that occurred from the beginning of Mania build up until Backlash. I doubt we're going to see any kind of return to that until the WWE gets in trouble again, and needs to move people around for the sake of improving the show.

I agree. It's too far to say that Edge's appearance diminishes brand lines. He isn't wrestling on the show, he just made an appearance. And it was necessary that either Vickie or him showed up on the other's show in order to terminate the story line between them.

As for the Special next week, I don't think it's that jarring either. it's just a special to get up ratings. It's must different from Evan Bourne tagging with Rey Mysterio for the hell of it on Raw, or the Miz and Morrison floating between every brand weekly without a care.

I like the brand distinctions. It gives the shows contained stories. Not that I'd care if they broke those boundaries to make some good storylines, but I think the concentration gives creative a little more focus.

I don't mind the WWE that much as of now. I mean, the Raw before last was atrocious. Completely abysmal. But I can get over it, and like the WWE for what it is.

With saying that, there are two things that would get me to love the WWE without condition.

1) Give the title to someone who can get the ratings up again.

Orton obviously can't carry the company, even with a huge storyline against Triple H and the McMahons. Going beyond my personal dislike for his mic and in-ring skills, if he could carry the ratings I'd put up with it. But damn it. Give the title to Cena and get those ratings back.

2) Keep Flair away. Far, far away.

He's lost his stride. He's like a senile old man. I'd rather have the "I'LL NEVAHHH RETAHHH," Jacket elbow dropping, flop sweating Ric Flair over the new and improved, senile jackass. He bleeds from what seems like every orfice, (not that that's really different. But his stomach? Really?), he's reduced to "Woooooo" in the middle of sentences for pops, and he seems to forget his lines halfway into the promo, forcing him to painfully improv the bit. It's atrocious. And if Orton couldn't make a good promo with Triple H, he definitely couldn't with Flair.

But yeah. I can usually love teh WWE for what they do. But damn. Orton and Flair are killing it for me.

I like the idea of having a feud between DX and the Harts, or even a feud between the Harts and Legacy. Pay Bret some cash have him do a quick promo in the ring, have Orton come out and attack him, smith and Kidd come out and resue him turning them faces and the feud is set.

Also, stop it with so many title changes. Put the belt on someone and let him keep it for a 4-5 months and let people chase it. Vince thinks that if the ratings are down its due to the champion. One guy isn't to blame for the ratings to drop, its the whole product. Stone Cold could be champion and i'll watch that match, but if the rest of the show consists of matches like, the miz vs santino or golddust vs kendrick i'm turning the channel during them and waiting for the main event.

One last thing, get the Miz off of Raw, I didn't think it was possible for me to hate anyone more then adamle, but he has done that.

I am interested in garnering some feedback on how you rate today's product. More specifically, I am interested in getting an idea of how your enthusiasm with the product, depending on what Era you began following wrestling.

The Eras are defined as:

Hogan Era: 1985-1993
New Generation Era: 1994-1997
Attitude Era: 1998-2001
Post Attitude Era: 2001-2006
PG Era: 2007-Today

Please first identify the Era that you began following wrestling, and then rate your enthusiasm level with today's product, based on that. Because of the restriction on the number of Poll Options, there can only be 15 selections. Therefore, we are restricted to ranking our enthusiasm level as Very Satisfied, Neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied, and Very Dissatisfied.

What would also be helpful is in the thread, if you could comment very briefly on what you thought of each of the Eras that you actually followed up to today and rate them, as well on the Very Satisfied, Neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied, and Very Dissatisfied scale.

After this poll is up for a couple days and we get a good sample, then we can do some more market research/viewer satisfaction polls and deep dive a little more. But we'll first start out by determining when people began watching the product, and how your thoughts on this Era compare to the Era when you began watching wrestling.

I can keep it very short and simple: new story lines with new people and more actual action with less talking and corny comedy skits that only Vince thinks are funny.

I would say Vince's biggest mistake would be the whole "Vince McMahon is Dead" angle. With about two weeks of that angle, Sherri Martel is found dead and Chris Benoit kills himself and his family causing him to reveal he wasn't reall dead (which most of us knew already) casuing him to look really shallow and stupid.

His other biggest mistake is not resigning the Dudley Boyz. All three of them should have been resigned in 2005 as they were incredibly over with the WWE fans. Bubba Ray, D-Von and Spike would have made fine additions to the relaunch of ECW in 2006. Now they are two of the most popular stars on TNA. Oh well, one can only contemplate on what could have been.

Vince McMahon only did one thing wrong in my eyes and NO it wasn't the XFL.... It was making GOLDBERG a Star in WWE instead of jobbing him like he was suppose to.

There is no way in hell you should ever put The biggest star from another company over your own. Goldberg going over The Rock was a sham and anybody who think otherwise is smoking crack. He should've never been allowed to run through the WWE like that and NEVER given anything above a mid card title...IMO Goldberg was Vince McMahon's Biggest Mistake bar none

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back