General WWE Complaining & PG Rating Thread

First identify when you began watching / Rate your enthusiasm with today's product

• I began watching in Hogan Era. I am Very Satisfied with PG Era.

• I began watching in Hogan Era. I am neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied with PG Era.

• I began watching in Hogan Era. I am very Dissatisfied with PG Era.

• I began watching in New Generation Era. I am Very Satisfied with PG Era.

• I began watching in New Generation Era. I am neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied with PG Era.

• I began watching in New Generation Era. I am very Dissatisfied with PG Era.

• I began watching in Attitude Era. I am Very Satisfied with PG Era.

• I began watching in Attitude Era. I am neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied with PG Era.

• I began watching in Attitude Era. I am very Dissatisfied with PG Era.

• I began watching in Post-Attitude Era. I am Very Satisfied with PG Era.

• I began watching in Post-Attitude Era. I am neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied with PG Era.

• I began watching in Post-Attitude Era. I am very Dissatisfied with PG Era.

• I began watching in PG Era. I am Very Satisfied with PG Era.

• I began watching in PG Era. I am neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied with PG Era.

• I began watching in PG Era. I am very Dissatisfied with PG Era.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I find those ideas pretty idiotic. The "Attitude" era will never be re-created, ever. Sure the 90's were a great time for business in the wrestling entertainment industry. But then again, look at what the "hardcore" styles of wrestling did. I could name one after another, of wrestlers who died in the '00's from the lifestyles, etc. that played out in the '90s.

They are trying to clean up the business, making it easier on the performers. It makes sense. Nobody likes changes, thats a given. But, we have to realise that this is better for the business in the long run. Everyone you go its negative, negative, negative when WWE is discussed. Their trying to fix that.

Like with the diva's, used to you could flip on Raw and see their boobs 96% hanging out and them wrestling in a g-string basically. Would you let your kids watch it?

It may not be must see television, but we are right in the middle of a big transition in the WWE, but soon it will be better.

OH SHIT sorry that was my little brother who was on earlier that made that post heres what i think the wwe shouldnt get rid of the pg rating because if they bring back the sex and violence then it will take a toll on the wrestler's bodies like you said above.things are running smoothly right now.

i would have to say that the PG rating is one of the dumbest things that the WWE has done. As a fan of both the Attitude Era and Original ECW, I tuned in to watch the wrestlers beat the living hell out of each other and to see the divas actually having descent matches (tori and ivory in the first ever womens hardcore match ... lets not forget about the famous bra and panties matches). By WWE going to the PG rating, they took away all the good stuff and made it crappy. BTW young kids have been attending shows for decades.

the pg era suxkz its the same old bull shit and they only keep it around because john SUPERMAN cena makes all the money and the little kiddies love him. they should bring back the attitude era with all the sex,violence and blood in tact. they need to bring back the rock and stone cold steve austin,and get rid of superman cena and batista. those two and the little kid fans ruined wwe. they should also go to court with that stupid wildlife organization and become wwf again,then they would have no choice but to bring back the attitude,because that was what the wwf was all about,not this pg bull shit.also, they should make ecw extreme again and bring back the sandman, bWo, the dudleyz, raven, taz, bam bam bigalo, joey styles, paul heyman and WHAT NOT. this new ecw is a disgrace to the old ecw.THEY RUINED IT. cmon everyone, wouldnt it be great if they brought back the REAL ecw AND the attitude era? yeah.....thats what i thought.

if they dont do something quick then one day tna will take over.

A-FUCKIN-MEN

also not make Tommy dreamer a jobber to new people. ECW stands for EXTREME championship wrestling not up-and-coming wrestling

im glad someone finally agrees with me.as for john cena,they need to fire him.hes not as good as greats like the rock and stone cold steve austin so why the fuck is he the top guy?he only knows 5 moves and the crowd quite obviously hates him.so like i said bring back the rock and stone cold steve austin.plus the attutide era.and extreme ecw.

it makes me sad that people are defending the pg program.its watered down and boring.all you get his john aids pretending to be a freakin' rapper thinking hes cool.

im glad someone finally agrees with me.as for john cena,they need to fire him.hes not as good as greats like the rock and stone cold steve austin so why the fuck is he the top guy?he only knows 5 moves and the crowd quite obviously hates him.so like i said bring back the rock and stone cold steve austin.plus the attutide era.and extreme ecw.

it makes me sad that people are defending the pg program.its watered down and boring.all you get his john aids pretending to be a freakin' rapper thinking hes cool.

Grow up and stop living in the past. Attiude Era and ECW CAN NOT be recreated. Stone Cold won't be wrestling again and The Rock makes more money than he ever did wrestling with 75% less work. That is like asking for the Early 90s NFL/NBA or 80s Boxing. It's not going to happen. And you're an idiot if you think WWE would even think about firing Cena. Regardless of his wrestling talent, he draws and draws big. That means more money for the WWE.

As for the PG rating, its only smart to cater to you're biggest audience. The majority of WWE viewers are the kids.

As for the PG rating, its only smart to cater to you're biggest audience. The majority of WWE viewers are the kids.

liar most of wwe's viewers are adults,it even says so on http://adsales.wwe.com/research/

Demographics

* 61% are male
* 15% are ages 12-17
* 67% are ages 18-49
* 41% are males 18-34
* 33% are non-white
* 29% have a HHI of 75K or higher
* 15% have a HHI of 100K or higher

i doubt that 67 and 41% percent want to see some watered down crap like cena and batista and rey mysterio and jeff hardy(thankfully now hes gone).because they are ADULTS,NOT KIDS.THEY WANT MATT HARDY,CHRISTIAN,JERICHO,EDGE,CM PUNK!NOT CENA,ORTON,PAULITICS,OR BATISTA.

I don't think its vince who incorporated the pg rating its the networks. The USA network is not like it was 10 or 15 years ago. Back then ratings were not a big of a deal as it is now. You could see triple h and hbk make edgy jokes about sex. Now big name networks don't want to be associated with a brand that has politically incorrect jokes and guys busting each other open especially if children are watching this. It would look very bad on the USA network part.another thing is vince is more bout creating sports entertainment not wrestling by that I mean he wants to add celebrity hosts and comedian aspects.Its like a soap opera or sitcom now.Storylines are so bland and scripted.the superstars are more like actors than wrestlers now. I think raw should have a three hour show and the third hour strictly adult oriented. Like in the attitude era that last hour was the war zone and you saw the most violent matches then. I don't know how it would work now since they are so far along in the pg era but it would be great to have an hour or maybe a show devoted to the adult wrestling fans.

liar most of wwe's viewers are adults,it even says so on http://adsales.wwe.com/research/

Demographics

* 61% are male
* 15% are ages 12-17
* 67% are ages 18-49
* 41% are males 18-34
* 33% are non-white
* 29% have a HHI of 75K or higher
* 15% have a HHI of 100K or higher

i doubt that 67 and 41% percent want to see some watered down crap like cena and batista and rey mysterio and jeff hardy(thankfully now hes gone).because they are ADULTS,NOT KIDS.THEY WANT MATT HARDY,CHRISTIAN,JERICHO,EDGE,CM PUNK!NOT CENA,ORTON,PAULITICS,OR BATISTA.

They're still paying for the shows, so clearly that is what they want. Cena is a huge draw for both adults and children, male and female. I'm not sure why you're speaking for everyone, when you can hardly speak, or should I say type, yourself, but many adults are HAPPY with the Cena/Orton/Triple H/Batista formula you seem to hate. Your statistics prove my point - 67% of viewers are aged 18-49.

As I watched RAW last night, a little portion of me died. The "fan" as it were. I remember the first time I actively watched a wrestling match it was Hulk Hogan and Dennis Rodman vs Karl Malone and DDP(I must admit I was a Chicago Bulls mark). That match never grabbed me and I didn't watch again until one day i meandered across a match between Team 3-D and Edge and Christian. I was amazed at the action I saw and marked out hard when the Dudley's delivered a 3D through the table. I continued to watch from that point on.

WWE thinks that the campy skits they are doing are bringing in fans, especially children. I don't think they realize how wrong they are. When I was a kid, i would always switch channels during the nightly 30 minute long promos from the Rock or SCSA and would only watch when actual matches were happening. I'm sure kids may laugh at Hornswoggle and DX. But DX wrestling and even Hornswoggle's in ring abilities are what gained them their popularity.

Also, the parents who are the ones who will take their kids to the events and purchase the items will not stand for this. I'm sure any parent who took their child to last nights show will never buy live tickets again.

What about you? Do you agree that in ring action is what will gain the audience back? Is it what originally made you a fan?

I whole heartedly believe that the "PG" era is slowly killing the E. It is reminding me to much of the WCW of old with all stars and stupid shit week after week. DX will always be a mark in the E but even they have to realize after last nights show that not even what they do is funny anymore. Given every now and then they get a laugh out of me, last night was horrible. They dedicated at least 30 minutes of the whole show to DX. BAck in the day I wouldnt have minded that, but last night i actually found myself looking into my hands and asking myself, why in the hell am I still watching this.

Ive said it in previous posts, that the PG era is a bad thing for multiple reasons, and since then it has only gotten worse. I miss the blood, especially in specialty matches(HIAC, cage, hardcore, streetfight). The biggest disappointment this year in my opinion that has PG written all over it is the fact they had the HIAC PPV. They had 3 HIAC matches and not one of them had any blood what so ever, not even an accidental opening up. And since then we have 2 PPV's where performers were opened up the hard way, Cena and Christian both, and Vince had a damn fit over it. It really pissed me off when they put the ladder match on hold to fix Christian's head and stop the bleeding. That in my opinion was the worst thing they could have done.

Another thing about todays WWE is that it is to predictable and I personally can not stand it. Unless they change things soon I might find myself watching other things on Monday nights, and I have been watching the E since the early 80's. As much as I hate TNA I hope they pull something out of their ass other than Hogan so they can make Vince think about how much he has fucked up his own business by changing it. I have already said to much so I am signing off on this for now.

I totally agree, during last nights dx segment i was this close to changing the channel. Last nights raw was terrible there was nothing special. no main event, no title matches, nothing funny.

probably the most entertaining thing yesterday was santino vs miz. i mean thats pathetic. I also have a huge hatred for tna. and im praying my heart out that the wwe will do something good ( attitude era) for jan 4th and onward, there learning though i mean tna is making them look for good stuff to get more viewers (bret hart). but only god knows how they might ruin rock guest hosting.

To be honest, the promos between The Rock and SCSA back in 2001 when i started watching were amazing. They kept me watching and i was 8-9 years old. Now addressing last night's stuff with DX going 30 minutes, my response was this on my Facebook page:

"Mario Alberto Lola I think I'm gonna stop watching wrestling for good now. I've lost faith in the WWE now."

Then my friend asked me what happened and i responded with this:

"bro it's sad. Dx now has a mascot and it's a freaking midget. they're not the same as they were 10 years ago or 3 years ago even. it's too watered down and this just proves what everyone's been telling me. wrestling sucks"

Honestly, now all I'm looking forward to is Bret and maybe The Rock in the coming months. Other than that, it's over for me. I dont know how the E honestly thinks this is entertaining. Even my seven year old brother who absolutely LOVES DX and is obsessed with HBK told me to change the channel because he was getting bored. Obviously Vince doesn't even know what the audience he is catering to wants. Everything I've read coming from Sidious is absolutely 100% true.

One thing that is bothering me about the whole 'for the kids'/TV-PG thing also is, RAW comes on at 9pm, and ends usually around 11:10pm on a school night, call me old fashioned, but shouldn't kids be in bed already?

However, I am all for Smackdown being aimed more towards the kids, since its a Friday night. It is a good idea to bring in more kids/fans by having a show for them.

But lets get RAW back to its best.

They're still paying for the shows, so clearly that is what they want. Cena is a huge draw for both adults and children, male and female. I'm not sure why you're speaking for everyone, when you can hardly speak, or should I say type, yourself, but many adults are HAPPY with the Cena/Orton/Triple H/Batista formula you seem to hate. Your statistics prove my point - 67% of viewers are aged 18-49.

all the people i know that watch wrestling are grown ups that want real wrestling and not john aids and batista who are constantly hogging up the main event spot. why any adult would be happy with the current formula boggles my mind.its the same fucking formula they've been using for almost 5 years now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i actually dont like the idea of it being aimed at kids at all. the idea of a different show being aimed at kids is great, except the fact that i like to watch smackdown. i think the best decisions for the E to do right now are
-Go back in to the attitude era, which will also help get viewers against tna
-Bring the Rock back for a while to wrestle
-same with bret hart
- and as much as it pains me to say this...for gods sake get rid of dx
kids are gunna get obsessed with dx and search them up on youtube and see all the bad things that they used to do.
and the idea of hornswoggle being dx's mascot made me throw up a little. but i have to admit that when shawn was asking hunter if they could keep him, and saying he would feed him, clean his cage, take him for walks it got a chuckle out of me

I said this from day one "PG will be the death to not WWE, but the IWC viewership." And last night proved that perfectly. I expected to see people on here and bitch about the show, and they deserve to bitch about it because the bar is set so high for when we watch any show of wrestling. We are harsh people and we still watch mainly WWE no matter what. But it takes some real crap from last night to even have some members of the IWC to say "Im done with wrestling completely.". Thats how bad PG is for WWE, so bad that the people who love this product proally more then the people creating it are saying im done.
TNA isnt perfect by a long shot, but do you honestly think Vince will change anytime soon for you to keep watching WWE? At least TNA is trying to change up a bit. PG is holding Vince back and whats worst is that he still has high hopes for it. I just hope people make the right deciction and watch TNA on 1/4/10.

I couldn't disagree with this post

When I was a child I remember watching my very first WWF event on TV. I saw a couple of matches, and I thought it was ok. However i literally remember thinking, " Ok Im leaving" then this promo started playing

[YOUTUBE]h0qwjiEHB20[/YOUTUBE]

after seeing this I thought to myself, "WHAT IN GODS NAME IS GOING ON." after that promo I was hooked. These Promo's and Interviews are what the WWE is known for. The "sports entertainment" type of wrestling thrives on story telling and back story to make the matches that much more hyped. Without these promo's and interviews it would just be two people wrestling. Which when I was a child, wasn't as important as it is to me now. Back then, all I cared about was that my favorite wrestlers won, and the ones I hated lost. You say that you didn't watch when DX and SCSA did their promos. And i gotta ask how did you end up liking them or not. DX and SCSA in particular had great promo's and interviews. DX invading WCW and SCSA's Austin 3:16 speech are two WWF moments I will never forget, and they were not actual matches.

Besides without Promo's and Interviews, how would you know get to know the wrestler? How would you know what they they stand for, and what they represent. Without Promo's and interviews I wouldn't know how weird goldust is, how rebelus (?) DX and SCSA were and I wouldn't know how dark the undertaker is.

And now i do agree that the little peoples court thing was a bit over the top and frankly embarassing to wrestling, i don't think that more pure ring action is the way to get kids hooked. The way to get kids hooked is great promos and interviews to get the kids to identify with the wrestlers

Pretty much I keep up with raw and smackdown through this website... keeping up with the current champions.... i just cannot sit through all their bullshit anymore.

Last night I was tuning in and out while watching other shows which weren't good at all, but better than raw. I saw a part where DX was being chased out of a room by migits... and they were scarred of them or something?

I turn back later at the end of raw and big show and jericho are beating up all these migits, so I started watching. They had hornswoggle and were going to beat him up, but then DX came out to make the save. I turned the channel before they could make it down the ramp; Why were Jericho and Big show looking scarred of two guys that just ran away from migits?

Personally I understand why they are doing the guest host thing (my wife was so excitied to see that bob barker was on raw... so for people that don't know wrestling it might make them watch... for 10 minutes....) but for us that used to stand by the WWE they are just spitting in our faces. The guest hosts are not all that important - they are outdated B rated celebs at most - plus you can obviously tell they are scripted... most prob. don't even watch the WWE. Raw needs to get a good heel GM before I'll go back to watching it reg agian. I really am not that into TNA but I'll certainly watch that on Jan 4 so they can get my rating... whatever WWE does with bret hart will A) be on youtube within 20 minutes so if it's good I can watch it there and B) will most likely suck anyway.

I really don't understand why some people are offended by the PG Rating that WWE has gone back too. Back during the Hogan Era the TV Rating was PG,am I right? Even during the early days of the Attitude Era the Rating was PG. Ok yeah the Blood thing might be a little silly but Im ok with it and it doesn't bother me as much. Im sure one of these days that will change again,when who knows. I kinda got a kick out of the DX/Hornswoggle stuff it was funny to me anyway. As long as WWE keeps putting out good Matches and Decent Storylines I will continue to watch. Ive been watching Wrestling for 20 Years and I still enjoy it as much as I did back when I started watching it.

I really don't understand why some people are offended by the PG Rating that WWE has gone back too. Back during the Hogan Era the TV Rating was PG,am I right? Even during the early days of the Attitude Era the Rating was PG. Ok yeah the Blood thing might be a little silly but Im ok with it and it doesn't bother me as much. Im sure one of these days that will change again,when who knows. I kinda got a kick out of the DX/Hornswoggle stuff it was funny to me anyway. As long as WWE keeps putting out good Matches and Decent Storylines I will continue to watch. Ive been watching Wrestling for 20 Years and I still enjoy it as much as I did back when I started watching it.

No, you are wrong. There was no Television Content rating back then. There was only a content rating for motion pictures. The TV content rating came along eventually in 1997, long after the Hogan Era ended in WWE.

The WWE was family friendly back then, but did more to push the envelope and had far less poopy humor than actually what you see today. That is why people who lived through the Hogan Era say that if they had a choice to see that Era in this day and age, or this one .... they pick the Hogan Era, because even that was more adult like then this kiddie Era that we live in today.

The PG rating however really isn't the biggest problem. I think fans would deal with it a lot better if the WWE simply eliminated the comedy. Comedy is clearly not the forte of the writers and WWE. Vince is horrible at comedy. Granted, there are some poor misguided souls out there that actually laugh at Hornswoggle and DX poopy humor, but I dare say most will either begrudgingly go along with it, or absolutely damn it to Hell.

The WWE can be PG without the humor. The humor is the thing that is absolutely killing the quality of WWE programming. All Vince needs to do is simply be more serious and eliminate the humor.

all the people i know that watch wrestling are grown ups that want real wrestling and not john aids and batista who are constantly hogging up the main event spot. why any adult would be happy with the current formula boggles my mind.its the same fucking formula they've been using for almost 5 years now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you please learn how to type? Thank you. And how many exclamation marks do you need? My 7 year old daughter types better than this. You amuse me, simply because, with what you say, you should be the perfect candidate to enjoy the PG era. I mean, did you really just call Cena "John Aids?" That's so childish, it's just what the PG era is looking for. Secondly, and I've said this many times on the forum, they clearly don't hate the product that much because they still watch wrestling. If it was so bad, and they were so bored of the wrestlers you dislike, they'd just not watch.

The WWE can be PG without the humor. The humor is the thing that is absolutely killing the quality of WWE programming. All Vince needs to do is simply be more serious and eliminate the humor.

Less comedy would work, but no comedy wouldn't. The WWE has been doing comedy for awhile, Al Snow with Head, Perry Saturn with Moppy, Mankind towards the end, Goldust, and most recently Santino. For the most part I have found most of these characters entertaining. Two of these people are still employed by the E, and to change their characters now would not be a good idea.

i am new to this forum, i read all the time but never post, forgive me if this was already talked about or whatever. whats the deal with big dick johnson? who finds that entertaining enough to put on tv first of all. second does that really coincide with the pg rating? you got the divas looking like amish women on the thanksgiving raw covered up everyway imaginable but you got this nobody coming out making everyone feel uncomfortable. i wouldnt want my kids to see that or hear his name. plus hes been around for a while, does vince have a special place in his heart for this charecter? if so i think hes the only one. all though i did laugh when he spoke.

Has the WWE really been PG these past few weeks? I mean, there have been gay jokes, sex jokes, jokes that are undoubtedly offensive to little people, etc. Why are they trying to push the bar now? I mean, is this PG system losing Vince ratings? Is he seeing how far he can push it before he starts to lose ads and endorsements? I really can't be the only one to notice this.

Then there are things that are super PG. I mean, watching the Big Show call out the "real" Santa Claus with a serious face on was rather surreal.

The entire thing just doesn't mix. At this point, I can't tell if the entire Hornswoggle/Little People's Court thing was a legitimate idea by creative to appeal to the kids, or if the entire thing was there to try to make a bunch of adults laugh at the expense of little people.

I think making the show PG was one of the dumbest things WWE has ever done. Why are they being money hungry? It shows they don't care for the fans anymore as long as they get money from little kids who don't even understand the whole point of wrestling. When people like Bret Hart return, it's big for us WRESTLING fans. But what's the point when you've lost all your fans and the kids don't even know who Bret Hart is. Think about it. Blood is such a important factor in wrestling. It brings intensity and drama to the match. If we didn't have blood when Bret Hart had Austin in the sharpshooter, and Austin was bleeding all over his face, it would have been pure BS if there wasn't any blood. Think about that.

Can you please learn how to type? Thank you. And how many exclamation marks do you need? My 7 year old daughter types better than this. You amuse me, simply because, with what you say, you should be the perfect candidate to enjoy the PG era. I mean, did you really just call Cena "John Aids?" That's so childish, it's just what the PG era is looking for. Secondly, and I've said this many times on the forum, they clearly don't hate the product that much because they still watch wrestling. If it was so bad, and they were so bored of the wrestlers you dislike, they'd just not watch.

see,now ur just personal insulting me because you cant counter my statement.face it lady,its been the same old same old for almost 5 years and its just boring and stale now.only a child would like this current show and cena(an asshole that ruined wwe with his fake rapper marine only knos 5 moves bullshit).they need to learn how to appreciate real wrestlers like hhh,hbk,the rock,stone Cold steve austin,and matt hardy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back