G1 Climax

ajdb

Pre-Show Stalwart
I thought since I didn't see a thread about New Japan's biggest tournament, I thought I'd make one.

This has been an unbelievable tournament. For those who don't know what this is, New Japan runs this tournament every year for 2-3 weeks.

They take their top contenders to their heavyweight championship, split them into 2 groups.

The two "blocks" have round robin matches and the winner from each block face-off in a final 1-on-1 match. The winner of the final gets a shot at the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship at Wrestle Kingdom (Japan's WrestleMania) in January. The winner does have to defend his title shot for the rest of the year too.

Through 7 of the 11 days of the first round. Notable Americans include Shelton Benjamin & AJ Styles. Both have 8 points which leaves then still very much in the hunt to make the finals.

Anybody can talk about the G1 and/or ask questions. You can find these matches online usually.

Best G1 in history as far as I'm concerned. Most cards are providing more than 4 ***** matches every time. It's been amazing and AJ Styles is showing the world how good he really is.

I'm slightly worried though we're gonna end up with Tanahashi/Okada (5?)

I figure the #2 match will be Styles/Nakamura. That'd be awesome if we can get it.

I think the only match Styles had that wasn't top notch was Toru Yano. I didn't like the exposed turnbuckle stuff, a bit sloppy but I'm being picky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back