First Round: Greensboro - Rey Mysterio vs. Scott Hall

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Rey Mysterio

• Scott Hall

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round matchup in the Greensboro Subregion. The ring and arena are universal throughout the first round and the organization is not a factor. There is a 20 minute time limit. Vote using any criteria you like. Most votes in the poll at the end of the time period wins. In the case of a tie we will go off of the number of written votes. In the case of a second tie, both are eliminated.

greensboro_coliseum2.jpg

Rey Mysterio

rey-mysterio-photograph-c12233391.jpeg

Vs.

Scott Hall

scott-hall.jpg

Voting is open for 4 days.

While you could argue that "Rey Mysterio is the giant killer" and Scott being a giant guy, I don't see him going over Scott Hall.

Scott Hall has put on some great matches, especially alongside Shawn Michaels, and is arguably a great wrestler, at least in my eyes, this guy had everything going for him, and I think it's a shame he choose to drop the ball after WCW, because he could definitely be huge.
Scott Hall in my eyes is one of the guys that should've won a big one, but never really did, but he certainly has done a lot to deserve going over Rey Mysterio.

So my vote goes for Scott.

hmmm decisions decisions i love scott and think the world of him but rey in ecw up until he lost his mask was amazing and did the wrestling while scott did the talking for WCW hmm i think im going to have to wait for some more arguments on this one

Easy choice here for me. Scott Hall, as good as he was during the 90s, never accomplished a fucking thing outside of midcard titles in his entire career in both the WWF and WCW, and now TNA. Mysterio on the other hand was so insanely good, that even though it didn't make much sense to have someone so small be the World Heavyweight champion, he still got the title, and deservedly so. That's really all there is to this match up, even when Scott Hall was at his absolute peak he wasn't a world champion, whereas Rey was a world champion when he's past his prime. I mean, you put the jacked-up version of Rey that wrestles now against Scott Hall at his best in the 90s, he wins. You put the scrawny high-flying insane luchador from 1995 in there against Scott Hall, and he still wins. There really isn't a thing Scott Hall can do better than Rey Mysterio, outside of disappoint his friends and fuck up his career. He's pretty good at that.

Mysterio wins this in resounding fashion IMO. Puts away Hall with the 619-springboard headscissors combo at barely 5 minutes into the match.

Rey is known for beating superstars much bigger than him and he will do that here. Hall is known for being one of the best guys to never win a world title and he is a great midcard. But Mysterio is superior in the ring in my mind and he should go over here. Hall goes for the Razor's edge and Rey will slide off and kick Hall into the ropes and then nail the 619 and then the springboard and move on.

Easy choice here for me. Scott Hall, as good as he was during the 90s, never accomplished a fucking thing outside of midcard titles in his entire career in both the WWF and WCW, and now TNA. Mysterio on the other hand was so insanely good, that even though it didn't make much sense to have someone so small be the World Heavyweight champion, he still got the title, and deservedly so. That's really all there is to this match up, even when Scott Hall was at his absolute peak he wasn't a world champion, whereas Rey was a world champion when he's past his prime. I mean, you put the jacked-up version of Rey that wrestles now against Scott Hall at his best in the 90s, he wins. You put the scrawny high-flying insane luchador from 1995 in there against Scott Hall, and he still wins. There really isn't a thing Scott Hall can do better than Rey Mysterio, outside of disappoint his friends and fuck up his career. He's pretty good at that.

Mysterio wins this in resounding fashion IMO. Puts away Hall with the 619-springboard headscissors combo at barely 5 minutes into the match.
X, you saved me the trouble of writing this myself. Merci beaucoup.

Mysterio, past his prime, is still one of the best wrestlers the WWE has. Last year, he got something better than good out of Dolph Ziggler, had a match of the year runner up against Chris Jericho, and then had two more against Jericho, and then gave John Morrison the match of his life. IMO, he was the WWE talent of the year in 2009. That's three years past the point where he won the title past his prime. At that point, he gave a much young, much less experience Randy Orton one of, if not THE, best matches of his career in 2006 on SmackDown, quite possibly the match of the year. EVERYTHING came together on that night. Couple that with some of Mysterio's matches with Angle, Henry, Eddie, and so-on, and I don't know why people like mrsavagelife see fit to stop calling Rey great when he comes to the WWE. He's stayed great despite slowing down AND has become a reliable cash cow.

Mysterio is great and one of my favorite wresters ever. In my wrestling viewing lifetime, he's given me so many great, rewatchable moments and mathces. From his time as one of WCW's cruiserweights, to his time as a Giant Killer, and into WWE upper card superstardom.

He's reached his potential and become great.

Hall is someone who didn't become great. A big "what if." If he was still on Mysterio's level despite not living up to his potential, I might have been able to give him the nod. But he's not, so I can't.

Mysterio, past his prime, is still one of the best wrestlers the WWE has. Last year, he got something better than good out of Dolph Ziggler, had a match of the year runner up against Chris Jericho, and then had two more against Jericho, and then gave John Morrison the match of his life. IMO, he was the WWE talent of the year in 2009. That's three years past the point where he won the title past his prime. At that point, he gave a much young, much less experience Randy Orton one of, if not THE, best matches of his career in 2006 on SmackDown, quite possibly the match of the year. EVERYTHING came together on that night. Couple that with some of Mysterio's matches with Angle, Henry, Eddie, and so-on, and I don't know why people like mrsavagelife see fit to stop calling Rey great when he comes to the WWE. He's stayed great despite slowing down AND has become a reliable cash cow.

Mysterio is great and one of my favorite wresters ever. In my wrestling viewing lifetime, he's given me so many great, rewatchable moments and mathces. From his time as one of WCW's cruiserweights, to his time as a Giant Killer, and into WWE upper card superstardom.

Hall is someone who didn't become great. A big "what if." If he was still on Mysterio's level despite not living up to his potential, I might have been able to give him the nod. But he's not, so I can't.

i didnt say rey wasnt great anymore im saying he was at best in ecw and WCW

To me, Hall was always a pretty cool dude. He had a certain swagger in his step, a look of intensity in his eye, and a Latino machismo that was second to none. Still, he was always a bad boy first and a wrestler second, and he never won the Heavyweight Title with any major company.

Rey Mysterio on the other hand plays the very endearing character. Unlike some small guys who look like they have no business beating the much bigger competitors, Rey Mysterio can actually make me buy what's going on in the ring. Because of this unbelievably rare skill, Rey has been given the spotlight, competing in the main event for years now, including a few memorable title feuds and one reign as the WHC.

Hall is a good wrestler, but Mysterio is terrific. His skills as both a tag and singles competitor are phenomenal, and I think Mysterio deserves to see round two. Vote Rey.

Hall was a good wrestler, but he never accomplished nothing in his life. The only success he had was when NWO was created. Rey Mysterio will always be the underdog in most of his matches and even though Rey is the underdog he always makes a good match out of it. Rey has also accomplished and he will continue to accomplish more things until his career is over. My vote goes for Rey Mysterio.

Thanks Coco, you thanked X, which saved me from doing it before going on to make all the points I was going to make.

Last year showed that Mysterio has still got it, damn it. Every single feud he touched seemingly turned to gold, even if he didn't want to let go of the Intercontinental Title just quite yet. He's one of the most entertaining wrestlers on the roster today, and compared to Scott Hall at any juncture in his career, should ultimately beat him. Whether he's bouncing off the walls in 1995 or winning the fucking WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE in 2006, he shows that he is better than Hall.

Scott Hall is someone that I found very entertaining back in his days as Razor Ramon and often had some pretty good matches. Even though his character was basically Tony Montana on steroids, it appealed to my 12 year old mind very much at the time and he was a very good Interncontinental Champion.

Rey Mysterio was one of the real workhorses of WCW in the mid and late 90s. Mysterio was an innovative, fast, high flying wrestler that really brought the Lucha Libre style to a large audience that had never been exposed to it before. Mysterio's matches against the likes of Dean Malenko, Chris Jericho, Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero were some of the best of the 90s in my opinion. Given his size, Mysterio is probably the last wrestler you'd expect to be a serious contender for a world heavyweight title, but he made it and did win it. People can say he won it only because of a tribute to Eddie Guerrero and all that shit, but he won it. Mysterio is someone that you'd expect simply to be a cruiserweight for life, but he managed to transcend that and become a real household name in wrestling.

I'm voting for Mysterio as I think that he's more than capable of beating Scott Hall. I know Hall's size and strength advantage seem overwhelming, but Mysterio has beaten men bigger and stronger than Hall. Hall is just the type of big guy that would completely underestimate Mysterio because of the size difference and it would cost him in the end. Hall's underestimation of a much smaller man ultimately led to the rise of the 123 Kid, AKA Sean Waltman, and if Waltman can beat Hall, Mysterio has this in the bag.

My best guess would be that most would book Rey to go far...not me. Scott Hall never got the respect he deserved, especially in WCW. Sure, he's F**K up, no denying that. But he was very talented, and should have held a world title. Mysterio has done more than anyone could have imagined, and might deserve this win. But I will admit it...I am too big of a Hall mark to vote against him, especially in the first round.

Scott Hall.

I voted for Rey Mysterio because I was a lot more entertained by him than I ever have been by Scott Hall. Hall as best as Razor Ramon for me, but after becoming Scott Hall, he has never entertained me, whether it be in WCW, WWE again, or now in TNA. Rey Mysterio on the other hand has entertained me a lot, back in WCW, Junior was a must see in the cruiserweight division, one of the fastest men I ever saw. In WWE he was pretty entertaining as well, and there he won the World title. So I pick him.

As much as I like both of these guys, I have to go with Mysterio. Despite the fact that Hall is definitely good enough to overpower and outwrestle Mysterio, Mysterio has a lot more big match credibilty. Now, Scott Hall has some great wins notched under his belt, and he's won plenty of titles, but he never one the big one. Not in WWE, not in WCW. Mysterio won the World Championship, at Wrestlemania, against Kurt Angle and Randy Orton. I know alot of people get tired of hearing it, but Mysterio almost overcomes the odds, and finds ways to win when it matters the most.

I don't know... I just feel like Rey Mysterio is overrated. I never saw any of his wins as being "believable", but that's just my personal opinion.

Scott Hall, on the other hand, was one of my favorites in the NewGen Era of the WWF(E). He always had size, power, and an impressive moveset. I understand that he was never booked at the level of Rey Mysterio, but he was also stuck behind HBK, Undertaker, and Bret Hart at the time. If it weren't for his boozing and pill-popping, I think he could have achieved a level similar to what Rey Rey accomplished.

Call it personal preference, but I chose Scott Hall.

Genuinely the toughest choice I've had to make probably. Both are big favourites of mine, but I think I have to give it to Mysterio. Hall is pretty renown for losing when he shouldn't and Rey is pretty renown for winning when he shouldn't so it's as simple as that really. It's a match I'd pay to see though, because Mysterio gets good matches out of people who know how to work with smaller guys, and Hall's record would suggest he does.

Scott hall all the way. Excellent on the mic excellent in the ring hes ben part of some of the most famous factions in wrestling history and imo hes prety underrated. Rey mysterio is a legend and a great cruiserweight but rey's been beating people he shouldnt be for years and Im tired of it unfortunately hes probably going to do it once again and its going to push me closer to insanity. Please do the right thing vote for scott hall screw rey

Mysterio is defiantly over with the fans which is very important in this tournament however in his prime Scott was worlds ahead of his time and still somehow performed and was extremely over with the crowd so Scott Hall/Razor Ramon/The Bad Guy gets my vote

Mysterio over Hall pretty easily, imo. Mysterio has been one of the greatest wrestlers to step inside of a North American ring in the past 15 years, while Hall has constantly kept himself short by getting drunk and no-showing. Not only that, but, in his prime, Mysterio was one of the best in-shape athletes ever (talking about when he was in WCW). Hall might take this to ten or so minutes before Mysterio gets a flukey pin to win.

The giant killer has beated many opponents that are larger and much more talented than Scott Hall. Hall would get a few shots in, but for the majority of the match Rey would be in complete control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back