Female WWE fans

TheCrusher

Too Old
What brings women to the WWE?

Here in Packer Country, I am used to female sport fans. Our neck of the woods doesn't have certain types of people who follow football. Pretty much everyone follows the Packers. It's a family event every weekend. It has kind of carried over to the Brewers as well. But the female fans tend to mark out for individual players far more than the male fans. They wear pink Aaron Rodgers jerseys or powder blue Ryan Braun jerseys (my wife.)

Does it seem the same to you in WWE? Lots of guys are marks for some individuals, but most male fans seem focused on the whole product. Are women there for the whole thing or just for a chance to see one or two favorites? Do female fans care much about the Divas at all?

I'm looking at this in very broad terms, of course. I know some female fans--like the ones who post here--are into the whole scene. But when painted with a big brush, like marketing people have to look at things, what brings the female fans to WWE?

I'm assuming most women that follow WWE like to see buff guys walking around in their underwear.

That's what attracts them and then they get interested in the storylines and other aspects.

I am not sure how women feel about he divas, as a whole. I've heard mixed reports. Some women I know that follow WWE don't hate the divas but they don't like them either.

Others like some divas but hate the others.

Entertainment, possibly.

Actually in quite an odd moment last year I was at a girls house party, went up to her room to get some drink and what did she have on her wardrobe? Two pictures, one of Randy Orton and another of John Cena. And she's pretty fucking hot, so I imagine the whole half-naked men with good looks and confidence probably has something to do with it. If not that, lesbians I'm sure are into the Diva's.

Honestly, the best way to get an answer for this to have an actual female answer your questions. A lot of females like wrestling, sometimes if you look into the crowd you can see some hot ones sitting front row - hell, just last night in the TNA Live Discussion I pointed out a hot blonder in the front row; although TNA reportedly stick hot models there for some odd reason. But WWE don't do that, the demographic is kids and teenagers to a degree, not females.

I think some female WWE fans like the male wrestlers because of their looks and they don't care how talented they are.

But here's where it gets hypocritical.. They keep saying some divas "can't wrestle" and that male fans judge them by their looks when they're forgetting that's the same thing they do with the superstars. Trust me I've seen it a lot on the internet in some forums and on Youtube and other sites.

Some female fans are hypocrites like that.. And some are intelligent. The ones that actually care if the male wrestler has good talent or not. The ones that understand.

That's my view on the female fans.

Hey, first time poster, long time lurker.

My fiancee watches WWE with my regularly. Though she didn't know anything about it until we started dating she is now a quite passionate fan. As she puts it,
"I don't think its fair to say women watch it for men in skimpy clothes. I for one watch it for the product and the entertainment. I don't enjoy the diva's division as I feel it is quite sexist and insulting to the divas in the first place. Its not fair that the WWE hires models to do something atheletes should be doing. The actual talented wrestlers in the Diva's division don't go anywhere while bimbos like Kelly Kelly get pushed to the moon for wearing a push up bra and short shorts. And to clarify, I do not enjoy untalented male wrestlers simply because their attractive either."

-So that's one female fan's perspective.

John cena

I have a lot of girl friends that watch WWE and not one actually like John Cena, nor find him attractive. And no wonder why, he has the squarest head and most bland face i've ever seen.

Most prefer Randy Orton, Edge, Batista, John Morrison, etc...you know...the wrestlers that actually have less of a bland i just got slapped round the face with a fish look that Cena has.

One even fancies Sheamus...and thats my girlfriend.

From my experience, Girls watch WWE because of 2 reasons

1: they actually enjoy the storylines, and are more action orientated. In the UK, we have a lot of soap operas that most woman watch, and this is no different, its just more action orientated.

2: because friends of theirs are guys, and they want to look cool. It does happen

those are my experiences with girls and wrestling. They dont account for every female fan.

But i think its rather ignorant to assume that its because of of a particular guy because he has a nice body or is hot. Many movie stars or TV stars are hot, but that doesnt make girls watch the show week in week out just to drool over one of them.

Its like saying men just watch it because woman are in skimpy outfits...while it may be true, if there was no women in it, or they were all hideous, we would still watch because of the storylines, and nothings different for females.

My sister has followed wrestling off and on my whole life, always for the eye candy. But she also er... gets off on the really arrogant pricks like Ravishing Rick Rude, Mr. Perfect, The Narcissist Lex Luger, The Rock, The Miz, Ziggler, & Orton. If those guys are funny too, like The Rock & The Miz, then it's even better.

I think a lot of women were jealous of Lillian Garcia for the flirting she received from The Rock. "Lillian, would you like to try some of The Rock's Strudel?" I've seen a number of different women get pretty flushed over that line. And then they always laugh after that whenever The Rock would come to the ring and make a passing comment to Lillian about "You know, mama, about the strudel! ... Easy big fella." I swear my sister made me sick she was so in love with The Rock some times.

As it's already been said, it's probably the buff guys in underwear. Although women do have their favorites (Cena, Orton, Morrisson.) I find that the female fans don't delve deep into the company as the male fans do. Most male fans look for the lower down guys who deserve a push, the talented ones. Since women don't delve into rumors and who deserves what, they look for the faces of the company, and support them. Plus, most women just bring their kids!
To the question do they care about the divas? Well, some women look at them as inspiration, or as a role model. Although, while watching Smackdown, i did see one woman seriously mark out when Kelly's music hit! Seriously! It was close to the reaction a kid has when Cena's music hits!

first time post long time viewer. If you want a REAL females perspective. My view goes like this, I started watching WWE during attitude era. I was fascinated by Lita and what she did in the ring so i was hooked. As far as the male superstars i admire The Undertaker for what he has done for the business and he is one of the last remaining "outlaws". I've always been a fan of high fliers so Rey and Sin cara evan borne etc. Never liked Cena cause i like a good build but not a roid build. Honestly cena makes me want to :banghead:

but id have to say ever since Cm Punk came into wwe ive been a fan of him.

SOOOOOO in conclusion, no not all girls like roided up losers in wwe.

Well this is from a female wwe fan.

I have watched wrestling ever since I was seven years old so I've watched it most of my life. I got into it because my daddy watched it so I started to watch it aswell. Anyways I watch wwe for the wrestling and entertainment.

I always have favorites I watch/watched it for those being Stone Cold, Edge, HBK, Christian, Randy, Miz and Cena just to name a few. I also watch it for the divas because I actually want to be a diva one day also Lita and Mickie where my favorites. So this is why I watch wrestling, because I've liked it since I was seven and its something I also look forward to seeing every Monday and Friday if I'm home.

Females are attracted to wrestling for the same reason that guys are. It something called entertainment! Maybe horny people will tune in to see half naked men touch each other (but I think there something else on the internet starts with a P that focuses on that). Or family members such as husbands or children could pull their wives or mothers into watching wrestling. But I don't think female fans are much different then male fans.

People watch wrestling to be entertained always have always will.

My friend loves the WWE because she enjoys the entertainment of the story lines and what not. So she's a male fan so to speak I guess.

Well, i dont watch wrestling because of semi naked hunky men wrestling each other =D or because i fancy the pants off Triple H, Randy Orton and CM Punk (okay, thats partly why i watch The WWE), but i watch it because of the entertainment value. Iv been watching The WWE from the attitude era when i was a very little girl, and iv been hooked ever since. . .

My fiance didn't start watching until we moved in together and she was practically forced to watch. Her favorite wrestler is The Miz because she thinks he is hilarious and they went to the same college. She has really gotten into it. She doesn't like the Divas because they are boring. She even refers to their matches as bathroom matches.

Well my sister liked it when she was younger because it was entertaining. So basically girls like it the same reason men do, its entertaining. She never really cared about the divas but that may have been because back when she watched (1998-2000) the divas were used even worse than today. Though she doesn't like it anymore, (not because she doesn't think the WWE is entertaining but because she just doesn't like wrestling anymore) she still likes the live event (and she likes Cena).

I started the thread because I was interested to see what people's experiences were. The only live show I've been to in recent years was the Raw in GB the night after MITB. I saw four types of female fans and was just wondering how typical they were.
1) Little girls watching with families and cheering the same way as their brothers did, mainly marking out for the faces and Santino.
2) The six Hooters girls sitting in front of us. Knew they were Hooter's girls from their conversation. They didn't come in work uniforms. There were three girls there who talked the rest of them into coming. Those three mainly were focused on the handsome lads in their short shorts and they all exchanged comments on it throughout the matches. They only really got into it when Cena came out and at that point they all got pretty boisterous.
3) The young woman who sat next to us who was dragged their by her boyfriend (you could tell they were a fairly new couple) but seemed to be enjoying the spectacle and the crowd.
4) The young woman behind us who was trying to learn the names of some of the more exotic moves from her husband. She knew the wrestlers and the basics and would probably fall into the "average fan" range. He was pretty knowledgeable. She watched the whole show and obviously liked wrestling as a whole. She got mad at the horrible Diva's match (every face on the roster versus every heel in a totally pointless 100 woman tag-team match) and wouldn't talk for a few minutes after. The Hooters girls took a pee break during the Divas.

I was just curious if this is the same type of breakdown everyone was seeing. A new female fan here and there, a number of little girls spending family time just like the little boys, groups of girls there for "the boys" or for a particular wrestler, and here or there a young woman who was into the whole product. Is this a fairly typical crowd?

hard body oily men in little shorts or briefs, oh my!

I mean have you noticed how large Randy Orton's package is in his trunks?

Or Edge's bad boy looks and attitude

John Cena's scrumptious booty in those jean shorts

yes please

What drew me in to the WWE initially was watching it with my father and my Uncle Dennis (RIP). I'd watch the old school days of Hogan, Flair, JYD, Heenan, Cowboy Orton, The Bushwhackers, you name it. The Saturday night shows on tv as well. I'd even try to dress up in my dad's boots for Cowboy, or carry a dog leash as JYD, and wear a yellow shirt and some red tights when acting like Hogan. Those were the good ol days.

Then as time goes on, I got older and tried to be more 'girly' and play with the dolls. I tried to keep doing what other girls would do, Barbies, makeup, and other things to be accepted. I still always would keep up and check in with my dad every now and then with what was going on, and some of the fellows I dated occasionally were into the wrestling, especially during the Monday Night Wars. Then I started dating a fellow seriously around Wrestlemania 21 time, and one evening during a Raw show, I saw a guy in a white suit, and asked "Who is THAT beefcake?" He said "That's Batista, he sucks, he betrayed HHH by turning his back on Evolution." You can tell who his fave was. I was smitted. My guy at the time said "Don't get used to him, he's probably going to Smackdown and will take the title with him and Smackdown isn't on in Topeka." Sad, but it would only air at 2 am on the CBS channel late at night. But I would set my VCR, and then we went to watch WM21, and I recognized Randy Orton, and Undertaker (from my days as a little girl.) I was hooked again.

It didn't take long for me to pick back up on everything. As I watched, I saw the girls that wrestled and was quite impressed with their skills too. I was entranced with this change from when I was little to now. By now, I think I've become a bigger fan than when I first saw Batista for the first time. Sure, my taste seems to be towards the bad guys, but sometimes that is who usually makes it the most fun. But wrestling has always been a way for me to escape, and connect and be me. At this point in time, I have learned that I don't care if people think I'm not lady like for wanting to see people kick each other's assess for entertainment. It's been something that had growing up and I'm even taking my nefew now to watch our friends' local wrestling promotion he runs and it is creating new memories, and I've met some amazing people who've been to the top (ECW, NWA, WWE, TNA)and back. When you find people who have an interest, boy, girl, dog, cat, whatever...you can feel comfortable. So, that's been my reason, even despite my blabbering about Wade, or Matt Striker, or whomever I fancy for the second.

Entertainment, possibly.

Actually in quite an odd moment last year I was at a girls house party, went up to her room to get some drink and what did she have on her wardrobe? Two pictures, one of Randy Orton and another of John Cena. And she's pretty fucking hot, so I imagine the whole half-naked men with good looks and confidence probably has something to do with it. If not that, lesbians I'm sure are into the Diva's.

Honestly, the best way to get an answer for this to have an actual female answer your questions. A lot of females like wrestling, sometimes if you look into the crowd you can see some hot ones sitting front row - hell, just last night in the TNA Live Discussion I pointed out a hot blonder in the front row; although TNA reportedly stick hot models there for some odd reason. But WWE don't do that, the demographic is kids and teenagers to a degree, not females.
WWE's demo is families. Don't act like it's all children. When I go to WWE shows, there are groups. There is the guy dragging his wife, the guy who's gf geniunely enjoys the product for the same reason as we do (my gf), you even get groups of all girls (a lot of times all awkward fat/artsy girls).

I remember at the house show I went to back in march, there was a flock of girls of all types standing on their chairs with their cell phones taking pictures of Orton's corner pose and then squealing about the pic to their girlfriends.

It's no different to them. They have guys they find attractive (Orton for the older girls and moms, Cena for the teens), but that's not it, they also find the storylines entertaining. A lot of girls watch stuff like real housewives of new jersey. Is wrestler A wanting to beat wrestler B up for talking shit on him all that much different than good housewife wanting to beat up bad housewife?

WWE's demo is families. Don't act like it's all children. When I go to WWE shows, there are groups. There is the guy dragging his wife, the guy who's gf geniunely enjoys the product for the same reason as we do (my gf), you even get groups of all girls (a lot of times all awkward fat/artsy girls).

I remember at the house show I went to back in march, there was a flock of girls of all types standing on their chairs with their cell phones taking pictures of Orton's corner pose and then squealing about the pic to their girlfriends.

It's no different to them. They have guys they find attractive (Orton for the older girls and moms, Cena for the teens), but that's not it, they also find the storylines entertaining. A lot of girls watch stuff like real housewives of new jersey. Is wrestler A wanting to beat wrestler B up for talking shit on him all that much different than good housewife wanting to beat up bad housewife?

:lol: on those girls squealing I have just always found it funny yet rediculous when girls squel over anything.

Anyway you are right the reason. Women or females to be precise watch wrestling is because they are drawn in to the storylines just like men are. Or they could that while screaming about their wrestling sweethearts. Technically in my life I have never attended a wrestling show with a female but I saw their reactions like anybody else.

Who knows maybe house wife A and house wife B go at it in your house :lmao:

Heres my take on it!! Could be for the eye candy definitely but i think really thats the least of it! Maybe they grew up on it like i did!! But i think its because they like to follow a good story line just like the guys do!! I dont think they necessarily follow the divas (Theres very few divas left to follow to model yourself after the days of that r over imo) but they follow it for the story line purposes!! There with their BF most of the time anyway i think some Female WWE fans truly love what there watching unlike other sports

Love the whole thing for Entertainment value!

Well, SOME horny girls might be in to it because they have fun watching two grown oily men in underwear, groping around..

But I don't.

It's pretty much the same reason guys enjoy it. :icon_mrgreen:

And I don't really pay much attention to the Divas.

No Love OR Hate towards them, they're alright. :)

I've always been into wrestlers like HHH, HBK, Edge and CM Punk.

But in the end, Imo, Female fans have a decent reason to enjoy watching wrestling just like the Male fans do. :)

I watch because of the story lines... i love the entertainment aspect.

And yes i do care about in-ring ability, not just because i have a crush on John Cena or CM Punk :blush:
I like seeing them half naked, i admit but i care about the overall product.

My wife watches wwe with me all the time. When we met 6 years ago she would go right to the laptop when it was on, but now any time the WWE comes with in 100 miles we try to make it. At first she said she started to watch to spend time with me,because we all no there is never "enough time" with us. :icon_rolleyes: Then it was to see, John Cena, Batista, Stone Cold and who ever else were "sexy". When Chris Jericho return to WWE RAW on November 19th, 2007 she was hooked. After a while she was hooked on story lines. She tells me what music is played for feuds in promos and such makes her more interested in the story! She don't like TNA because she says it looks "bush league"! My wife hates the knockouts because they are "****ty"! I told her sex sells and the TV is mine Thursday night! :icon_cool:

My wife started following wrestling when she started watching it with me, and now is probably just as big if not a bigger fan than me. She likes the storylines, and some of the guys. Her favorite wrestlers are Cena, Orton, Morrison the usuals that women like and she likes watching Kofi and Sin Cara's matches. She is also a big fan of Trish Stratus and Eve as well. One of her friends at work watches and likes The Miz, says she has been a fan since his time on Real World. One of my best friends had been a fan since we were kids. I know she used to be a big Shawn Michaels fan and found Cody Rhodes "dashing" long before the angle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back