• The Undertaker - Survivor Series 2003

• Shawn Michaels - Wrestlemania 22

• w/Shane Vs D-Generation X - Summerslam 2006

• Bret Hart - Wrestlemania XXVI

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

poppycock

Championship Contender
Vince McMahon may not be a wrestler but he has been in the ring with pretty much anybody who is anybody in the world of modern day WWE. He is possibly the greatest heel in WWE history to many people and despite limited in ring skills at best he has entertained us over the years won a Royal Rumble and held the WWE and ECW World Titles (despite these events being silly or not). Anyway blah blah what PPV match involving Vince has been your favourite over the years?

i liked the one with shawn michaels. ok it wasnt much of a wrestling match but sometimes u just like seeing a person being destroyed when u know he deserves it.

i remember laughing my ass off when shawn shoved shanes face up vinces ass

I have to go with Wrestlemania 17. This was an entertaining match and it also was the prelude ti the Invasion Angle. The match also lived the hype that was given unlike the other matches Vince had.

Sorry for some mistakes. As you can read from my name i'm not from tge U.S or from the U.K

100% Vs Shane WM X-seven.
You have a guy you want hurt, beaten to a pulp... You have the Linda saga.... trish and steph rivalry........ MICK FOLEY

for people who aren't complete wrestling professionals, it was great. it was McMahons at their best......... pure entertainment!!!

I'm a big fan of his early matches! I loved his cage match with Austin, where we saw Big Show debut, that match was classic! I enjoyed all off it.. I also loved the no holds barred match with HHH, this match was brutal, and the story told was just epic!

His match with Taker, Buried alive match, this is another of my favourite, more so because it was Taker!

His match with HBK is good, but not really my favourite, even though it was voted match of the year.

I think his match with Shane told a fucking gerat story at Mania X-Seven! It was epic! It had everything! Drama, spots, more drama, it was goin crazy!

I gotta say that the match with HBK was far better than it had any right being. As much of an HBK fan I am and was at the time his good guy gimmick was stale and even I was getting sick of the same old crap. That match was vintage 1997 HBK, and he carried Vince to his best match ever.

I can't edit my last post, but I would like to mention another match he was involved in..

Royal Rumble match 1999

The focus of this match was just on Vince and Austin, arguably 1 of the best rumble matches IMO..

My vote goes to the battle with Shane at WM because it was the only time I ever saw a Vince McMahon PPV match and thought he had a chance to win clean. He actually could've defeat Shane in the kayfabe world and that type of closeness among competitors made that the most anticipated Vince McMahon ppv match for me and the actual match itself was very well executed by Vince and Shane

I think the Hogan match at 'mania 19 was the best to me, not so much for the wrestling of course. The theatrics involved made it entertaining (a blood soaked Vince peering over the ring apron with a sinister grin on his face), the interference of the Rowdy Scott (because he thought he was jus a big of a part of the Rockin Wrestling era) and the emergence of Shane Mcmahon(and a bloodied Vince flipping Hogan the bird, as he lay limp, classic). I also enjoyed his match with Ric Flair at Royal Rumble and his match with HBK (I'm gonna kick your teeth down your throat) at 'mania 22. It's funny, Vince isn't a wrestler but he's been in alot of entertaining matches!

I think the Hogan match at 'mania 19 was the best to me, not so much for the wrestling of course. The theatrics involved made it entertaining (a blood soaked Vince peering over the ring apron with a sinister grin on his face), the interference of the Rowdy Scott (because he thought he was jus a big of a part of the Rockin Wrestling era) and the emergence of Shane Mcmahon(and a bloodied Vince flipping Hogan the bird, as he lay limp, classic). I also enjoyed his match with Ric Flair at Royal Rumble and his match with HBK (I'm gonna kick your teeth down your throat) at 'mania 22. It's funny, Vince isn't a wrestler but he's been in alot of entertaining matches!

Yeah i cant believe you are the first to say this because i expected this to be the majority vote! this was a great match between 2 shitty wrestlers that somehow told a great story! i still randomly watch that mania on dvd (my fav mania of all time) and this match is still awesome to me

Vs. Austin at St. Valentine's Day Massacre. It was crazy how good that match was. The fight outside the cage, the finger, and McMahon begging more, classic. Not only that, but what the fuck at Big Show popping in through the ring and tossing Austin through the cage! That match was better than what most active wrestlers have. In a cage match you don't need in ring ability, which McMahon lacked, so it turned out awesome. Fuck Dave Meltzer that's a WWE 5-star classic based on excitement alone.

Absolutely the match with HBK...it was the beginning of DX's 1st reunion (HBK cross chop and later HHH with Cena in the WM main event). Also, i was surprised how Vince at his age took the chair shot and ladder shot in the face without protecting himself! He truly received a beating and the story was good starting before the Royal Rumble of that year! The elbow drop from the tallest ladder was great!

Vince has been involved in some really entertaining matches over the years against some of the biggest names in WWE history..despite his in ring ability (or lack of) he knows how to put on a good match as far as entertainment goes. I went for the Wrestlemania 17 match against Shane but could have easily picked the Hogan match or Michaels match at Wrestlemania 22 or even the cage match against Austin. I think the Bret Hart match was one of his worst and that is down to a few things such as Vince being older, Bret being wrecked and years and years of anticipation set the match up to be underwhelming.

Vince isnt a wrestler but he understands in front of a live crowd how to "work" that crowd so they enjoy what they are watching. His matches vs Flair & Hogan had great set ups, etched in history dating back over 20 years, and they were allowed to be competitive without being ridiculous (Flair was retired at the time, it wasn't insane Vince would get some offense, great ending playing up one of their best pre match TV segments from RAW - The run in from Piper vs Hogan was brilliant, only way it would have been better was if it was Savage, but Piper is intriniscally linked to Hogan's early rise in WWE, great move).The match vs HBK was mostly a crush for Michaels, but there comes a time when the bad guy has to get his @#$ kicked or the fans get bored and wont watch. Vince, not being a wrestler, was smart enough here to take the @#$ beating. Remember, Vince truly put it to Michaels in the pre match hype, nearly two full months of Vince consistently topping HBK and making him look bad. WWE should have followed a similair path with this year's Jerry Lawler vs Michael Cole match, the fans would have been much happier.

Gotta give him credit also for taking big bumps, bleeding, etc in these matches, and losing cleanly in the ring. Vince has had his shaved, taken chair shots, bleed all over the place, and gone through tables. Pretty impressive for an over 50 non wrestler.

Hart's physical limitaions hurt the quality of that match but they did what they could tpo make it fun, and again give Vince props because he took the loss in the middle of the ring, very creatively.

I've never liked seeing Vince in any type of match unless he gets squashed. It just always seems so wrong for the owner of the federation to book himself to fight and sometimes even defeat his own wrestlers. It's really stupid. Let alone having himself win the world title. That aside, I have two that I will bring up. Summerslam 2006 against DX and Wrestlemania 26 against Bret Hart. My favorite was Summerslam 2006 because it was great seeing Trips and Michaels doing what they do best while humiliating Vince and Shane in the process. Now then, why would Wrestlemania 26 be my second favorite? I enjoyed seeing Vince get what he deserved from Bret after all those years, that's why.

Hogan at Wm xix..... that setup to the match rivals any other setup to any other match that the wwe has had.
Piper added in was huge did hear the pop he got!
The match itself definitely exceed the expectations of how good their match would be.
Both guys did things I didn't expect them to do or thought they could do.

I voted for the match with Shane. There was a great storyline build up to it, they actually gave a good performance in the ring with some great spots and I was captivated by seeing a father and son actually beating the crap out of each other.

It was a really good, intense match and was more than worthy of a spot on porbably the best card the WWE has ever but on. The whole PPV was awesome from top to bottom and this match was no exception.

I usually enjoy Vince's matches on PPV. Just violent brawls, and I always get more and more respect for Vince every time he gets in the ring, at his age to be able to take the beatings he often does is phenomenal. The matches with HBK, Hogan, Undertaker were great too, plus the excitement every time he got in the ring with Stone Cold or Triple H. Plus, the Bret Hart match at WM was enjoyable too (not a good match but it was great to see Bret smashing Vinny Mac with a chair and letting his frustration out after so many years)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back