Favorite television HEAVYWEIGHT title match/change!

D-Will316

Occasional Pre-Show
What is your favorite championship match to have happened on national television? Because there are to many championships lets single out the WWF/E, WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT, ECW, WCW, and TNA titles.

Here's my list-

TNA- (title change)- Don't watch TNA that much
TNA- (nontitle change)- AJ Styles(c) vs. Kurt Angle- This match was just WOW! I believe it was Jan 4? The night they went head to head with Raw.

WCW- (title change)- Booker T(c) vs. Kurt Angle- It was the first time a WWF superstar won the Alliances World Title.
WCW- (nontitle change)- Too young to know/care

ECW- (title change)- Big Show(c) vs. Bobby Lashley vs. Rob Van Dam vs. Hardcore Holly vs. CM Punk vs. Test- Extreme Rule Elimination Chamber. What more could you want?
ECW- (nontitle change)- Big Show(c) vs. Ric Flair- If you haven't seen it. GO SEE IT!!! I really thought and was hoping that Ric would win.

WHC- (title change)- Shawn Michaels(c) vs. Triple H- THREE STAGES OF HELL!!!!!
WHC- (nontitle change)- Chris Jericho(c) vs. Shawn Michaels- Ladder Match at No Mercy. I think this was their final match of thier great feud.

WWF/E- (title change) The Rock(c) vs. Mankind- We all loved Mankind at this time, and the crowd was absolutely electric when the ref counted to 3.
WWF/E- (nontitle change)- Brock Lesnar(c) vs. Chris Benoit- Benoit had to defeat Cena earlier in the night but still pulled out a great match.

Your Favorite? (ps you don't have to make a list)

My favorite has to be from 199?
Goldberg was as big as ever...running through his streak of consecutive wins. I was in my teens at the time and still remember watching this match and the buzz that was in the crowd that night. Goldberg Vs. Hollywood Hogan in the Georgia Dome.

Goldberg was on a warpath and Hogan was in his way. Everyone wanted Goldberg to win--and when he jackhammered Hogan and pinned him---I went nuts. I taped the Nitro on my VCR and watched it over and over again.

Brock Lesnar defeats Kurt Angle for the WWE Championshp: It's not even close. People would be lying to themselves if they could top this. On Smackdown, in an Ironman Match, the belt changed hands in perhaps one of the best fights ever to air on television. It was so close that WWE kayfabely called UPN and requested more time if it came down to Sudden Death Rules. It didn't, but it was remarkably close when Angle slapped that Ankle Lock on Lesnar and Lesnar was in a dire situation.

This was what wrestling was about. It was on cable, it was a WWE title change, and it was in a stipulation that wasn't known for being anywhere else but on pay per view.

my favorite was when Jericho defeated HHH for the title on Raw... even though it was reversed before the end of the night... it was such an amazing pop that i'll never forget it!

can't figure out how to embed the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbC06eQS_ww
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbC06eQS_ww[/YOUTUBE]

my list would be:
tna:
change christian cage vs jarrett because it was the first time we felt christian could make it as a main eventer
non change aj angle is a good choice coz it was gripping
wwe/ whc title:
change: eddie brock lesnar no way out because it was so emotional to see eddie win
non title :angle benoit great technique match at royal rumble

CoR beat me to it, but when I saw the title i imediately thought of the Brock Lesner-Kurt Angle Iron Man match on Smackdown. It was a great match on free tv. Brock leading off DQing himself to lay out Angle with the chair was awesome. Very well done.

My favorite would be the first time CM Punk cashed in Money in the Bank against Edge after Batista had beat the life out of Edge. It was a very short match but from the second I heard CM Punk's music until the 1-2-3, I was on my feet cheering. It was VERY well done.

the greatest title match on tv was when andre beat hogan for the title on saturday night back in the day. then andre gave it to the million dollar man as a payoff. the bad guys got over on the good guy. very rare for back then. if hogan ever got shitted on, it was that moment. didiase really made his staement true and he got over on hogan with it

Damn, I can't even remember all that much from back in the day. Recently I did like the RVD beating Styles on Impact, otherwise my mind is going blank, anybody have any real good ones from the early to mid 90's?

Mine would be Jericho beating Batista for the WHC on the 800th episode of Raw. Mainly cause I'm a Huge Jericho fan I hate Batista and I was there. Mankind beating The Rock was a close second.

Not sure if anyone remembers but one of my favorite matches happened on Raw. Bret Hart vs 1-2-3 Kid. It was a great match and one of the few I thought the Kid did excellent in.

I would say Vince McMahon winning the title from Triple H on SmackDown. I say this mainly because it was a big F-U to all of the Austin marks and I hated Austin around that time. Although McMahon immediately vacated the title and Triple H won it back 6 days later, I still consider this to be a very cool moment.

this was a long, long time ago, back in '93 marty janetty beat shawn micheals on RAW for the i.c. strap. very very exciting. goldberg vs hogan was course epic. a very young jeff hardy vs amercian badass era undertaker in a world title ladder match also is high on my list as well

Randy Savage beating Ric Flair on a January addition of Nitro in 1996. It was the opening match of the show, so no one saw the title change coming, but it did, and as a massive Randy Savage fan, I loved it.

One of my personal favorites was the Jeff Hardy vs. CM Punk cage match. I was marking out for most off the match. Basically, it was a free PPV match. Great match. It's on the Jeff Hardy DVD (I think).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back