• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Favorite Eddie Guerrero Match/Moment

MC_Live

You're All Humanoids
10 years ago today we all lost one of the greatest performers in the history of professional wrestling, and one of my personal favorites, Eddie Guerrero. In my opinion Eddie is the greatest pure entertainer in wrestling history, and there was never a time he was on TV that it wasn't entertaining. So I feel it is appropriate that on this day we celebrate the life of the one and only Latino Heat!

For me, I love his WrestleMania 20 match with Kurt Angle. Not only is it a fantastic match, but it has one of my favorite finishes of all time, with Eddie faking an ankle injury, kicking his boot off, and rolling Kurt up for the win. I'll always remember the smile that passed across Eddie's face as everyone in MSG celebrated his patented lying, cheating, and stealing.

So, what are some of your favorite Eddie Guerrero matches/moments?

Viva La Raza!

There are Lots of my favorite Eddie Guerrero moments...
Eddie stealing Ric flairs RR entrance lot number,
Eddie and Kurt Angle funny moments..
Eddie getting scared of The Undertaker..
Funny segments with Booker T..
Eddie and Big show bathroom segment where Eddie steals all the toilet papers..
His last match against Kennedy..
Eddie vs Kurt at Wm the fued.....
Eddie vs Rey..
Eddie and Benwa moments...
and above all Eddie winning the Championship against Brock Lesnar..

My favorite match is one I cannot find on the network bc I do not remember the year or ppv it was on.
It was in WCW days... I remember having the VHS of it as a teenager and watching this match over and over again.
It started as Billy Kidman v Rey Mysterio for the cruiserweight title I think. And then after an awesome match going on almost 20 minutes, out comes Eddie who challenges Rey and the match happens on the spot. It went another 20 minutes..... if anyone knows what I am talking about let me know and I'd be more than thankful to be able to look it up and rewatch it....
But Eddie was always one of my top 3 favorites of all time and I've been watching for a long time and many eras.

Anything he did as LATINO HEAAAAT! Fuck he was absolute gold at that time. I honestly thought he was one of the more entertaining guys they had at this time, and with a roster consisting of Stone Cold, The Rock, HHH, Taker, Jericho, etc. that's saying a lot.

And of course his title win. I don't even remember Goldberg coming in and spearing Lesnar. It's like I'm subconsciously trying to block out that part of the match. Still an amazing moment.

The addiction promo on the go home Smackdown before he won the title at No Way Out. As what you might call a smart fan, I never expected WWE to have Eddie go over Brock, but the raw emotion in that promo sold me on Eddie. It should be required viewing at the Performance Centre.

It's hilarious to go back and watch Lesnar ham it up dancing in a sombrero with the mariachi band, and compare that to the strictly serious character he portrays today. Eddie comes out and clears the ring, then gives one of the most emotional promos of all time. Eddie blurred the lines between real and scripted, a talent that really sells wrestling.

Watching the promo today makes me tear up, what a triumph of the human spirit perfectly aligned with sports entertainment.

Mine is simple...
The first match he had in ECW with Dean Malenko!!
25 minute draw,fat pace...each guy going move for move against each other!!
It had been a long time since I saw such a great scientific match!!
And quite honestly..I'd be hard pressed to find a maych that could stand up against it today!!

With an awesome over roster of Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, Undertaker, Triple H, Jericho..... He was still an standout in this roster.... Super entertaining and over too..... His entrance & finisher both were amazing.... An Awesome guy.....

Viva La Raza!

His Bullrope match with JBL
His Ladder match with Rey Mysterio.

I usually skipped his segments until he turned heel in 05.

I enjoyed every time when he came out in his car. It was so fancy and no one could just ignore the Lowrider while speaking of Eddie. In the context of his favourite Matches, I would go for Eddie vs Brock Lesnar for the WWE title. It was some moment that I savored in my childhood.

Even though I want to place his huge win over Brock Lesnar as my favorite , it doesn't beat his excellent ladder match he had with Rey Mysterio ( For the custody of Rey's son ? )

The first time I saw Eddy was in Lucha Libre a long , long time ago in a tag team match. Back then he was good but was overshadowed by his tag team partner...I can't remember his name ...he wore American tights to the ring... anyway , this guy did an amazing frog splash off of the top rope for his finishing move, way better than Eddy could ever dream of pulling off. I think that's the reason Eddy did the move, was from this guy way back doing this incredible frog splash.

The first time I saw Eddy was in Lucha Libre a long , long time ago in a tag team match. Back then he was good but was overshadowed by his tag team partner...I can't remember his name ...he wore American tights to the ring... anyway , this guy did an amazing frog splash off of the top rope for his finishing move, way better than Eddy could ever dream of pulling off. I think that's the reason Eddy did the move, was from this guy way back doing this incredible frog splash.

Look in my sig.

His name was Art Barr, and yes as amazing as Eddie was (and he was absolutely one of the best ever), Art was better.

Eddie learned so much from Art, and vice versa Art learned from Eddie too. Both were kids from wrestling families. Eddie knew the high flying Lucha style. Art the big bump American style. Together they blended them into something that no one had really seen before and they were incredible.

The thing is, back then Art was probably as good inside the ring as Eddie ever was, but Eddie back then was no where near as good in the ring as he eventually became. It really makes one wonder how much better Art could have been.

Outside the ring is where Eddie really took everything to the next level though. Then again, that's part of what made Los Gringos Locos so damn great. Just that look you mentioned, with the American flag tights. A team of American Flag draped, star spangled obnoxious heels in the middle of Mexico? They were masters at drawing heat, and Eddie learned so much of what he was later able to incorporate into Latino Heat from that time.

Getting away from that though, the OP wanted a favorite Eddie moment? There's so many, but there's one bit he had that always brings a smile to my face. The bit where he would get a chair when the ref was distracted, make out like he was going to hit his opponent... then hit the mat with the chair, throw it at the unsuspecting opponent, then drop to the mat quickly like he'd been hit. The ref turns around, catches the opponent red handed with the chair, and disqualifies him.

Never gets old for me.

I saw there were already ten replies here so there was no need to mention it but to my surprise I don't see any mention of Eddie Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio from Halloween Havoc 97. Have you guys not seen this or was it just too obvious to mention. If you haven't seen it drop what you're doing and go watch it. You won't be disappointed.

I also think his feud with Edge in 2002 is overlooked. They had some solid matches including a good streetfight on Smackdown.

By far my favorite match of his is him vs. Rey at Halloween Havoc 97. That is probably in my top 5 matches of all time. For main stream wrestling in the U.S. it was so ahead of it's time.

Edit: I replied before looking at page 2 and I see that The Brain mentioned it right above me. That's crazy that we were the only ones to think of that match.

I also think his feud with Edge in 2002 is overlooked. They had some solid matches including a good streetfight on Smackdown.

Aside from Brock vs Eddie, which has already been mentioned, Edge vs Eddie and RVD vs Eddie were two great 2002 feuds. The frog splash vs (5 star) frog splash angle was fun, and the street fight with Edge was included on both Eddie and Edge's DVDs.

Great to see how many moments he left us.

The great Eddie Guerrero R.I.P. is definately one of the most talented performers of all time and here are my favorite Eddie Guerrero matches:

vs. Chris Jericho, WCW Fall Brawl
vs. Rey Mysterio, WCW Halloween Havoc
vs. Brock Lesnar, WWE No Way Out
vs. Kurt Angle, WrestleMania XX

Ive enjoyed watching him since his AAA days with Art Barr when I used to have to order the pirated vhs videos of the events seeing as internet hadn't really taken off yet in those days and followed him through to ECW and Japan as the Black Tiger then WCW and then WWE, I would say my personal favourite moments was towards the end with the cheat to win and Los Guerreros team.

I enjoyed his matches with Dean Malenko. Have to roll with the Cruiserweight title match Eddie had against Malenko at Starrcade '97. Malenko at the time was considered the best at any level. It was a great bout from bell to bell and overall a great match to open up the show with. The fans were really into it and that particular Starrcade will always be my favorite Starrcade.

Eddie vs Dean Malenko in their last ECW match before heading to WCW remains one of my favorite matches period. They never beat this effort despite having MANY matches in WCW.

I also loved his match against Edge in the cage on Smackdown, brutal match, excellent results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back