Which promotion will you remember Eddie Guerrero from the most?

Which promotion will you remember Eddie Guerrero from the most?

• Mexico/Japan

• ECW

• WCW

• WWF/E

Results are only viewable after voting.

CM Steel

A REAL American
Today marks the seven year anniversary of the death of "Latino Heat" Eddie Guerrero. He was 38 years-young when he died of heart failure. At long last a year earlier when Eddie won a world championship while in the WWE as it's top championship. But which promotion will you remember Eddie Guerrero from the most?

Eddie made a mark for himself in Mexico and Japan where he met future BFF's Dean Malenko & Chris Benoit, as well as Chris Jericho. Then all four of them along with a young Rey Mysterio went to wrestle in ECW, putting on epic WRESTLING MATCHES. ECW wasn't just about barbwire & taped fist. After a great spell there Eddie and many other went to WCW to wrestle for a few years. Where Eddie Guerrero won various title's while in WCW along with his nephew Chavo Guerrero Jr.

But in early 2000 Eddie Guerrero once again jumped ship to a different wrestling promotion (with Dean Malenko, Chris Benoit, and Perry Saturn). This time to the then-WWF. Where "Latino Heat" was born! Eddie Guerrero won all the title's their is to win in the WWF/E (except the WWF Light-HeavyWeight title). Eddie won the WWE championship in Feb. of 2004 in San Francisco (the Bay!) at the Cow Palace against Brock Lesnar. Marking Ediie the first latin wrestler to win the WWF/E championship.

Eddie Guerrero died on top of his wrestling game at the top of his career. As all today's wrestler's wish that they can go out. Eddie was token from us to early. R.I.P. Latino Heat Eddie Guerrero, ride in paradise! ViVa La Raza!!

So which promotion will you remember Eddie Guerrero from the most?

WWE without a shadow of a doubt. He had his greatest success there, his best in-ring work, his best promos, it was the best time of his career.

WCW, that's where I first saw him and I saw him there for a reasonable length of time, so even when he was in WWE, he was still a "WCW guy" to me. That isn't to say his work in WWE wasn't more memorable than his work in WCW, simply my first thoughts of Eddie are from WCW.

WCW as well here. I preferred WCW growing up as a kid; young enough to believe wrestling was still real, and it's where I mostly remember him from. Still watched as him & company jumped ship to WWE all the way up to his death but to quite honest I don't remember too much of his WWE career mostly because I became less interested in wrestling at the time.

toss up between WCW and WWE, in both camps he had awesome matches but WWE was where he shined as an entertainer and a personality.

WWE is his home and he Lie Cheated and Stole his way into our hearts.
he was sadly missed.

As much as I recognize him as "Latino Heat" in WWE and where he had his most success, I will remember him most for his start in WCW, helping make the Cruiserweight Division along with Rey, Benoit, Malenko, and Jericho. I just wish they would have rolled the dice with him in WCW like they did with him in the WWE. Eddie was an entertainer, and a damn good wrestler.

RIP Eddie Guerrero you haven been and still will be missed.

Wow Good Question. I was very fortunate enough to watch Eddie Guerrero blossom during his WCW Days, and as For WWE I was there every step of the way.

Although I remember his theme song, The Mullet, the Spandex Red Glitter Lightening Tights, and the 212 pound high flying lightening cruserwieght that won Cruserweight US Heavyweight Championships, and TV Titles, I'ma have to say his WCW Days were better. The only thing I hated about his WCW Days that made this decision for me was his time with the LWO. Instead of him leading a faction of Luchadors they shoulda at least made him a contender for the WHC or gave him more high profile matches.

As far as WWE goes, he acheived his goal of becoming WWE Champion. He was Top Dog of the Company. Hey He Beat Brock Freakin Lesnar. WWE Gotten alot out of him, problably all they could get. Too bad his career was cut short. U never would knew he was 38 years old. I wish though we could hear him Lie Cheat and Steal One More Time.

I remember him the most when he was in the WWE, he was great averywhere, but his biggest success was definitly in the WWE, he's the tipe of guy who allways put a smile in everyone's faces, it didn't matter if he was a face or a heel, he was awesome in the ring and on the mic, but what i remember him the most for is what he did during the matches, tricked the referees into thinking that his oponents hit him with a chair, faking being injured to win a match, i can go on and on about this, but what i remember the most is during a match between him and Batista against MNM on Smackdown, i remember he was about to hit Joey Mercury with a chair, then Mercury ducked and Guerrero hot Batista accidentally, Eddie goes mental and asked Mercury why did he moved all pissed off, and when Batista started to react Eddie imediatly tossed the chair to Mercury and went to the floor, after Batista beat the hell out of MNM, he helped Eddie get up, and Eddie pretended to be seriously injured, that right there made me laugh my head off, and that's the reason most of us miss him a lot, he allways made us laugh with him, he loved doing that for the fans, that's why us fans still love him, and he is definitly is still missed not only by the fans, but also by a lot of superstars as well, LONG LIVE EDDIE, VIVA LA RAZA!!!!!!

Really good question. I was able to see him come up through WCW all the way until he & The Radicalz Debuted in 2000 in the WWF/E. One of the Best all around Performers in the Industry and seemed like a great guy outside the Ring. I know he had some demons but it seemed like he had beaten them when he came back to WWE in 2002. I remember reading on this very Site the day he died and my heart just dropped. Anything Eddie did was Gold and anything he was involved in was Gold. Fans still love him today and I miss him very much. Viva La Raza! Latino Heat Forever!

The first place I saw him was WCW..

But I will always remember him from the WWE.. I was too young to realize his talent in WCW, and also he made a much bigger impact in the "E" being in the main event as well. He showed us his mic skills, in-ring work was top notch and his feuds were much better.

Eddie Guerrero to me is a "WcW" guy. Eddie really only was able to blow up on Smackdown, which I never really liked since its taped. On top of that, I've always thought wrestling matches in WWE sucked compared to WcW, one of the main things I loved was that half of the time a wrestler wouldn't even win with his finisher. In the WWE you know the match isn't over until someone hits their finisher(95% of the time).

Anyway, to me, Eddie Guerrero in WcW was just more unfiltered, whenever someone goes to WWE it seems like they kind've cut out some of their traits and magnify others, kind've like moving from the indies to a major record label.

First place I saw him..ECW

Every and I DO MEAN DAMN NEAR EVERY match he had with Dean Malenko was "Match Of The Year" quality!!!

I still watch the tapes I have of them every now and then!

To me it is WCW. The angle where he showed up in street clothes and "quit" made me notice Eddie. I still remember being a teenager watching with my dad and brother and seeing him walk beside the ramp in street clothes and a suitcase. I remember saying "Woah, something serious is going on here". Little did I know that it was a complete "work" but that is when I first started paying attention to Guerrero. Was his work incredible elswhere? Of course, he was amazing, but I will always remember him from WCW for that moment

This is a tough one, but for me I always thought of him as a WCW guy. It is where I first saw him, and really followed him there. He had great matches for the crusierweight, tv, and US titles. He became most famous in WWE winning their world title, but maybe it was because I was an early teen when he was in WCW that that time just stuck with me more.

I'd like to say for nostalgia sake that WCW would be the place I most remember Eddie...my favourite of all time!

But his feuds in WWE with Brock Lesnar & Kurt Angle were nothing short of Sublime. The ultimate underdog story, played out in Oscar winning fashion. Rey Mysterio is NOT the greatest underdog of all time....because the way Eddie acted the weakling crowd favourite in those feuds was just in ring storytelling at its very best.
The latter feud & Comedy Friendship with Batista was also exeptional telivision.

I'm happy that Eddie's final televised match was a classic Eddie DQ Screwjob win. And Ken Anderson should be SO priviledged.

It's a tossup for me. Like a lot of posters have said I saw him come up in WCW. I thought he and Chavo worked a great program where Chavo went kind of nuts and did the whole "Eddie Guerrero is my favorite wrestler" stuff. When I think of Eddie that is one of the first things to come to mind.

That being said I think about Eddie coming up through the ranks of the WWF/E. When I think of Smackdown one of the first names that comes to mind for me is Eddie. The lie,cheat and steal stuff was awesome.

Having to pick one though I'm going to say WWF/E.

I will remember him as a wwe guy for sure, he really blossomed into a top star there.In wcw he had some great matches, but guys like him were held back and never given a chance to be a top star.

In the OP's first post I think it's worth a mention that at the time Eddie was also the shortest and lightest WWE champion but I think Rey Mysterio holds that honor now. But I will remember him from WWE as that was the first place I saw him and I loved every moment of his in the E.

I remember all those undercard matches in WCW where I'd look forward to watching him, Jericho, Benoit, and Malenko. Even though I hated everything else about that company, I looked forward to those guys. I'll remember watching Lord of the Ring in 1996 (before the nWo boom) and was cheering for Eddie to win it all.

His highlight will always be Wrestlemania however, but I feel he became a bit too gimmicky once he got in WWE. In WCW, he was no-nonsense, and I liked that about him. Very sound in the ring, and very entertaining as a result.

WWE for sure. I barely remember his ECW days (as I couldnt watch ecw at that time), his wcw days were good, but overshadowed by nWo and the likes... but for a while in WWE he was a star, and held the world title. So I'll by far remember his wwe days the most.

has to be WWE he was underused in WCW (just like all of the good wrestlers there) they didn't know how to use someone with the talents of his. I didn't see him in ECW or Mexico/Japan so i can't judge him on them but in WWE he changed from a no body in WCW to one of the top most loved guys in WWE he was given the tools he needed and proved he was a great wrestler and one of the most entertaining stars. He made WWE fun with just his smile when he was hatching a plan to lie chat and steal god i can see him now just looking at he camera shrugging his shoulders and the biggest cheesiest grin ever god i miss him

R.I.P Eddie Guerrero

Definitely WCW. while he may have had is greatest accomplishments in WWE, pro wrestling in general was much hotter during his time in WCW. That's where the majority of fans were introduced to him for the first time and I personally believe he wrestled better matches for WCW where as he spent more time talking and repeating catch phrases in WWE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back