Family Guy spinoff

Sparky

Master of the Aussie kiss
(Taken from http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=42466Family Guy Spinoff in the Works )
Source: The Hollywood Reporter February 29, 2008

The Hollywood Reporter says Fox and 20th Century Fox TV are developing a spinoff from its hit animated series "Family Guy" centered on Peter Griffin's bathtub-accident-prone neighbor, Cleveland Brown.

The project, tentatively titled "Cleveland," is being written by "Family Guy" creator Seth MacFarlane, Mike Henry -- who voices Cleveland and serves as writer-producer on the series -- and "The Simpsons" alum Rich Appel, executive producer/showrunner on MacFarlane's other animated comedy for Fox, "American Dad."

Cleveland, who plays off black stereotypes, is the most levelheaded among Griffin's trio of friends.

In addition to "Cleveland," Fox and 20th TV also are developing a spinoff of the drama series "Prison Break," set at a female prison.
cleveland.jpg

Anyone looking forward to this? i think they have choosen the wrong person for the spinoff it should of been Quagmire.

Yeah, I don't see how a spinoff with Cleveland will work too well. But, Quagmire wouldn't either, as he's a fairly one dimensional character, with a gimmick that would run out quick.

No, the best spin-off would definitely be to follow Stewie and maybe Brian.

I agree with Slyfox. Stewie and Brian would be great if they had to have one.

However spin offs don't usually work too well. I dunno, I don't think they should have any.

I agree with Slyfox. Stewie and Brian would be great if they had to have one.

However spin offs don't usually work too well. I dunno, I don't think they should have any.
Yeah, Stewie and Brian would rule.

And there have been some good spin-offs. The Simpsons, the Jeffersons, Frasier. All shows with good followings, and in the case of the Simpsons and Frasier VERY long lasting shows as well.

The Simpsons was a spin off? I never knew that.

I suppose there have been some good ones then, it depends how they're done. I mean, I was a huge fan of friends, but the spin off Joey was awful.

The Simpsons was a spin off? I never knew that.
Yeah, it was originally a sketch from the Tracy Ullman show.

Kind of like how Wayne's World and Coneheads were sketches on Saturday Night Live that turned into movies.

I was a huge fan of friends, but the spin off Joey was awful.
I've seen about 3 minutes of Joey, and that was 2 and a half more than I needed to realize how much it sucked.

Kind of like how Wayne's World and Coneheads were sketches on Saturday Night Live that turned into movies.

Ah right okay.

I've seen about 3 minutes of Joey, and that was 2 and a half more than I needed to realize how much it sucked.

Lmao, yep. I watched a few of them in the hope it would get better as it went on. I was disappointed.

ohhh, that's nice.

No spin off should take place of family guy or any other show. And giving it to cleveland is like having a Maggie spin off of the simpson...sure, she's there all the time, but what does she really do?

Can anyone think of a episode?

Cleveland Brown is your average black man.But hes about to learn-Going to Texas ain't so fun!

I rule

Cleveland is funny, but I definitely agree a Quagmire spinoff would have been funnier.

Cleveland Jr. is going to be fat, and his neighbors are going to be talking bears and a British family.

I'll give it a chance, but I can't see it lasting.

being a sketch before dosen't really make it a spinoff. its more so an expanded format for the charachters.

Yeah, Stewie and Brian would rule.

And there have been some good spin-offs. The Simpsons, the Jeffersons, Frasier. All shows with good followings, and in the case of the Simpsons and Frasier VERY long lasting shows as well.

Frasier was a fairly good show, I enjoyed that more than Seinfeld

Or they could throw a bunch of the supporting characters into one spinoff, like that Andy Griffith spin-off. The could call it Quahog R.D.F.

You mean the guy that whistles when he talks and is super interested in a young boy? I think he's Will's grandfather.

LOL. Just Playin

Don't you mean the old man who lives in Will's house and claims to be his grandfather even though you see them kissing in unnatural ways late at nite? lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back