Fact Or Fake

CanYouDigIt98

Occasional Pre-Show
Www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/2012/05/26/13-years-and-still-hartbroken/

it's 4am over here in England and as always am looking for my wrestling fixes when I stumble across this article on the death of Owen Hart.

Now, all the Wrestling Universe have always though (inc myself) that Owen died due to a malfunction ( caused by the company) when he was about to come down in the Kemper Arena in Kanas City dressed as The Blue Blazer at Over The Edge.

If you didn't know Owen was due to do a spectacular entrance from the rafters in Kanas that night and as he took his place there he plumped to a awful and shocking death. It wasn't part of the show like first thought and was a emotional moment and shocking moment for everyone, Vince and Co were sued millions of dollars by the Harts.

YET

This article sheds new light on the story.

Being Honest, it could be very well true or very much a load bollocks, yet we will never find out I guess, I just thought I'd share this with you

Rest in peace Owen Hart.

I'm pretty sure people don't kill themselves to make a few bucks for their families when they already have a high paying job. Especially not when they are making money to spend time WITH their families. So i'm gonna go with the nonsense on this one. But sharing is great, thanks!

:lmao:

So the guy who had, in roughly 8 years time, made so much money he could afford all those luxuries simply decided to die instead of spending three more years working? Owen was in the WWE during arguably its most profitable time ever, and we're to believe he couldn't handle just a few more years working? This simply makes no sense.

What kind of fool thinks of these things?

what an idiotic thread. The Owen hart death has been through the courts and the relevant parties responsible for the snap release opening too early have been dealt with. Hart's suit against WWE was settled out of court, thus alot of evidence will never become public record as part of the terms of the settlement. To suggest Owen Hart's death was anything but a tragic accident shows the low level of brain capacity found around wrestling forums at times.

Fake. Seriously? You really have to ask that question?

Owen Hart died almost 14 years ago. In that time, no one has ever suggested that he killed himself for the insurance money. You know why no one suggested that? Because no one making the money he made would kill himself because he had a mortgage ... because no one with a brain would ever think "Hm... Owen Hart really wanted to quit the WWE so he could spend more time with his family ... but he couldn't quit the WWE because he needed the paycheck ... so that must mean he killed himself for the insurance money." That is so illogical that I feel dumber for having typed it.

Yet, you think that some kid from Africa - who has no ties to the WWE, no ties to the Hart family, and who cites ZERO sources in his online column - cracked the case... Surely, you see how dumb that sounds, right?

This writer did no research on the subject. He just had an idea, and then produced a terribly written column that's filled with borderline libelous claims. If only the Hart family ever saw this garbage --- a loser kid, accusing Owen Hart of committing suicide and insurance fraud. If he had a nickel to his name, and the family wanted to, they could probably take it from him in court.

Yeah, this is BS. I'm pretty sure part of retiring to his dream house to spend time with his family would involve him being alive to enjoy it. This "journalist" doesn't seem to have done any research or have any facts to back up claims. He has just written a totally imaginary story which sadly enough he may genuinely believe.

To the original OP who posted this garbage how fucking dare you suggest Owen committed suicide. WTF makes you think of something like that. What happened to Owen Tragic and heartbreaking. Owen if you really wanna go there was more talented than Bret in the ring.

Owen had a lovely wife children and a awesome family. Nice house money everything he busted his ass for. Again garbage article

You know, I just have to point something out, even though I agree that this makes absolutely zero sense based on what we've come to know and be told of Owen and his love for his family and his good nature, etc. etc. Not to mention the fact the investigation was already handled, and probably pretty damn thoroughly.

This is, quite frankly, a load of garbage.

However, a lot of people have been using the excuse that his making plenty of money is grounds for calling the idea bullshit. That's beyond short sighted. How many celebrities, who have made scores of millions of dollars, have committed f'n suicide? A hell of a lot.

To say "Oh, a person was famous and made money automatically means they wouldn't or couldn't kill themselves, herp derp!" is a stupid comment to make. History has proven that it has actually happened, and probably still will far into the future.

The article and its ideas are complete bullshit. Anybody that knew Owen and openly talked about it told of his ridiculous saving methods. He was one of the cheapest people on the road. He would stay in low-budget hotels, buy food for the trip at a market instead of eating out like the other guys... The list goes on and on...

To suggest he killed himself in that manner is just absurd. Even -if- he wanted to kill himself and get an insurance claim for his family jumping from the rafters would be the most ignorant way to do it as he could just as easily survived and been crippled for the rest of his life which would have put a HUGE financial burden on his family instead of the opposite.

Whoever wrote the original article is using controversy as a way of getting people to read his shitty ideals.

However, a lot of people have been using the excuse that his making plenty of money is grounds for calling the idea bullshit. That's beyond short sighted. How many celebrities, who have made scores of millions of dollars, have committed f'n suicide? A hell of a lot.

To say "Oh, a person was famous and made money automatically means they wouldn't or couldn't kill themselves, herp derp!" is a stupid comment to make. History has proven that it has actually happened, and probably still will far into the future.

You're right. Plenty of people with money and fame have killed themselves in the past. And if this column suggested that Owen Hart suffered from depression - or that he had just gone through a tragic event in his life - then I'd be on board with you, calling bullshit on those that cite his money and fame as a reason he wouldn't kill himself.

But that's not what this columnist did. This columnist claimed money issues were the root of Owen Hart "killing himself." It cites that he bought a house, and that because he now had a mortgage, he'd need to continue working into his late 30's to pay it off.

If that's the only "proof" the writer can give as to why Owen Hart would "kill himself," then it's perfectly acceptable to say that the man did NOT have money issues - because he didn't!

Anybody that knew Owen and openly talked about it told of his ridiculous saving methods. He was one of the cheapest people on the road. He would stay in low-budget hotels, buy food for the trip at a market instead of eating out like the other guys... The list goes on and on...

I know that Owen saving money was not a main point of this thread, but wanted to point out that this type of reasoning you gave would not be a way to prove someone was cheap. Owen was smart in the way he used money, as he put it towards necessities. If he didn't stay in the most luxurious hotels, and would not go to restaurants to eat, that didn't mean he was cheap, because he still got the things he needed, like a place to stay at night when traveling, and groceries. He was a smart spender, and hence frugal, not cheap. If he was cheap, he wouldn't have even bought those things, and maybe would have tried to get them for free or leech off of others.

OK now after getting that mini-rant out of the way, it would be absurd to suggest he commited suicide on no evidence indicating it. In the case of him not being able to make payments on the house, he could have moved with family back to the Hart mansion, or house with parents or even a less expensive apartment.

Owen did have a reputation as a cheapskate on the road. I've heard stories about him staying with fans so he wouldn't have to spend money on hotels.

But he also had a reputation as a man who LOVED his family very much. It's been said that if he had to drive 5 hours to catch a flight that would get him home 5 minutes sooner, he'd do it. The last thing he'd do is "die for money", because then he'd be separated from them forever.

and so did Mick Foley and so did alot of people back then and anyone who's not in the upper midcards woulda been making jack shit.
as for if Owen killed himself for the money that's just plain stupid, he couldn't guarentee WWE would pay up or any lawsuit would even e successfull, if he had an life insurance policy ok but he woulda been making more money in the long run being alive and caring for his family then killing himself and leaving them nothing but empty money

and as for if he was miserable or not, i'm sure he probably was, how many people truly love there job? not many it's just a means to pay the bills and Owen did want to quit WWF after the screwjob in 97 and go to WCW with Bret but Vince wouldn't let him out of his contract, but instead of being punished he was pushed sort of by joining the N.O.D and eventually one of the best teams with Jeff Jarrett and Debra. and it would've seemed that he was in line for a push back to singles gold. The Blue Blazer gimmick was not a punishment either, that was his own creation, he was the Blue Blazer b4 he ever went to WWF and was The Blue Blazer in his WWF debut against Mr Perfect and returned to it in 99 so he was just playing a hero for the kids like he wished. The rest is all hearsay and guesswork.

This writer did no research on the subject. He just had an idea, and then produced a terribly written column that's filled with borderline libelous claims.

True, but at least the guy isn't offering this theory as a positive fact; he's simply taking the ideas of someone else and putting them in his column.What I find annoying are the notions this guy adds in, such as:

"He thought in those final moments about his loving family, he must have attempted to convince himself that what he was about to do was the right thing."

What the hell? How does he know what Owen was thinking in his final moments? Even if it was somehow a suicide, how can the writer make presumptions like that? Yes, journalistic license is part and parcel of writing a column, but mind-reading should be left out of it.

To me this falls under the it should have be left well enough alone category. I have my doubts any of it is true, but even if it was why rehash this whole thing again. It was a horrible tragedy, and it just should be left at that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back