F*uck You Koscheck.

Whistler 619

Dark Match Winner
Sorry for naming my thread that, but if you saw the Fight last night, either live or on PPV, you obviously heard the loud chant of "Fuck You Koscheck" that was going around the Bell Center right after the "Knee to the Face" of Koscheck. It was such a dick move, such a pussy move, like come on.

So with that said, what happens now? Koscheck will now become the Coach on The Ultimate Fighter Season 12 with George St. Pierre, and will ultimately have a Title Shot against him. So do you think Koscheck, who lost to GSP already via Unanimous Decision at UFC 74, will win the UFC Welterweight Title away from GSP? Something Serra, Fitch, Penn, Alves and Hardy all couldn't do?

Also, how does your opinion on Koscheck change, at the beginning, I liked Koscheck, respected him, now though, hes simply a pussy shit, how could you fake that? And lets be honest, the rest of that fight was boring, he played it safe, and deserved what Daley did.

So what happens now?

First, I disagree that Koscheck is pussy shit as you put it. He definitely did not get hit and put on some theatrics, but he did it to try to get a point taken away, not because he was scared. Now I'm not saying that is ok. For one, its a cheap way to eek out a decision. Two, when combined with the conservative style he took, it showed he was not planning on finishing the fight. He looked perfectly content eeking out a decision, which is one of the main contributors to the downfall of boxing.

The fight with GSP is intriguing because for one, the first one was a three rounder while this will be five. Also, the first fight was closer than people remember. GSP definitely won, but people remember it as a complete domination which it was not. Kos is one of the few who has the tools to beat GSP, though it is unlikely.

I wouldn't bet on KOS in this one, but he's probably the most interesting opponent other than Anderson Silva at the time.

I've hated Koscheck since the first season of the Ultimate Fighter. He was such a fucking arrogant dick on the show, and he had literally zero redeeming qualities, even in the octagon where he was strictly a lay 'n pray guy.

That said, I thought he turned a corner when he lost to Thiago Alves and then fought at the Tribute to the Troops show just a little over a month later. He was very professional, well spoken at both events, and he looked to have gotten some stand-up and improved his game. I was really taking a liking to the guy.

However, in the build up to both the Trigg and Anthony Johnson fights, he came off as the douchebag he is in all the interviews, but it was forgiven by me at this point in time because at least it wasn't as bad as in the past (i.e. build up to his 2nd fight with Diego Sanchez and he fucking antic after it), and at least he wasn't a lay 'n pray wrestler anymore. Then, of course, in the Johnson fight there was the Eye poke incident, and well... I just went ahead and gave Kos the benefit on the doubt in that one. However, last night proved that he was faking.

Last night proved a lot of things, actually. For one, as a fighter, Koscheck is fucking good and he's smart, never playing into Daley's game. Unfortunately though, last night also proved that he is still as big of a cunt as ever. The whole selling the knee to the face thing, and the post fight interview... the guy is a grade A ********, and there's no arguing it now. He is right now probably the biggest 'heel' in MMA, and like everyone else... I cannot wait to see him get his ass kicked.

GSP will be the one to do that for us, though personally... I don't think Koscheck deserves the shot. No, I think Shields deserves it, and that Kos should be fighting Paulo Thiago next, with the winner of that get a shot at the winner of Shields/GSP. But unfortunately, that's not how it's going to work and we're going to have to wait all the way until the end of the year to see Kos' inevitable beatdown.

Can someone fill me in on what happened between Koscheck and Daley? I'm not a massive UFC fan but I used to train at the same gym as Daley and so I hear he has been kicked out and banned from the UFC because of a sucker punch? Really not like Paul, from the time I trained in the same gym as him, he was always a quiet, reserved guy, with a decent sense of humour.

I don't think he'll be too fussed about leaving the UFC though, back in the day he always said he would never want to go there.

They were trash talking back and forth leading into the fight. Not uncommon, but they took it to a new level. Daley apparently wasn't use to the head games and got a little too frustrated. After Koscheck continued the trash talk during the fight and Daley was rendered ineffective through three rounds, he took out his frustration by taking a swing at Koscheck, well after the bell, in one of the dumbest moves ever in mma.

Your boy wasn't the only one at fault though. During the first round Daley threw an illegal knee at Koscheck and Josh went done like he was just shot in the face. Replay showed it clearly missed and Koscheck was faking. Even Joe Rogan said "he may want to look at the screen and get up".

Am I Koscheck's only fan on the forums?

Anyway, don't forget that Kos will have the chance to display his dickishness 100% on TUF next year. The fight with Daley wasn't just for a title shot, it was for a spot as a TUF coach opposite St. Pierre next season.

It seems clear to me that Dana White and the matchmakers put Kos and Daley in a #1 contender / TUF Coach fight solely to ensure that there would be a mouthy heel coach to play opposite St. Pierre's classier style. If St. Pierre coached opposite, say, Rich Franklin, it may not have the intregue that characters like Hughes and Tito Ortiz have. Isn't TUF 3 still the best rated of all the seasons, mainly due to the Ortiz / Shamrock storyline?

This is another case of where MMA - specifically UFC - can very well imitate pro-wrestling. Dana does need characters to make the reality show continue to work, and ergo continue to get solid exposure for young fighters as the Liddels, Coutures, and Hughes of the world continue to age and retire. Or as the Brownings and Ortizs of the world continue to beat women and get arrested.

I like Kos, always have. He's a hell of a wrestler, and sure he's a D-Bag, but I like the edge. Someone's gonna crack him one though, it just remains to be seen if it's inside the Octagon or outside of it.

Make no mistake, Koscheck is a dick. However, he is compulsive viewing and his confidence and unrivalled. He seems like the sort of person that I would love to just punch on the face but also the person who would snap my arms off if I did. The fact of the matter is that for all the talking he does, he backs up every word with sheer talent.

Before the match with Daley, I was sure that Daley might have had a little too much for him and that Koscheck would have trouble dealing with the power of Daley. However, he kept the brawling to a minimum and kept the match on the deck. For me, that is just great tactics and I would not be surprised if that was his plan all along. Koscheck may be a cunt but he has the talent to carry off being a great number one contender and will put a great fight against GSP at the end of the next TUF season. Personally, I think he has grown a lot as a fighter and he really surprised me with his display on Saturday night. If he can be that tactically sound against a good opponent whilst being frustratingly deadly, he stands a chance.

The knee move was ridiculous and really fucking annoyed me. When it happened live, I was sure that Daley had hit him. I was sure that the fight was going to be called off and it really made me angry with Daley. He didn't need to attempt that and it was a stupid move from the start. However, with the replay, Koscheck realised that he was being stupid and got up, professing that "it never touched me". Well, if it didn't touch you, why were you on the deck for 5 minutes? Very annoying and a bit of a dick move but that is the sort of behaviour that will make his next 7 months very enthralling.

Here's the thing... I'm also a Koscheck fan.

One thing I realized while watching MMA evolve over the past few years... I could give two shits about a fighter's personality. As long as they get it done in the octagon, I'm a happy camper. Sure, when Kos started in TUF 1, I thought he was a real douchebag for what he did to Chris Lieben. But then again, so did everyone else. Kos never won TUF, but he was given a chance to fight in the UFC, regardless, and has steadily improved... especially with his footwork and striking.

Now, the guy still talks obscene amounts of trash, but you have to respect his skills. He's an all-american wrestler, has strong standup and a strong guard, and is able to scramble out of most jujitsu situations. He's slowly becoming a strong force in his division.

Also, just like IC mentioned, he can now be a coach on TUF against GSP and will certainly fuel the drama, thus increasing the buyrates for their championship fight. I will definitely be looking forward to this matchup. I feel we were all robbed the first time around, since Kos could've done a much better job during the fight. Do I think he can beat GSP? Not really. But do I feel the fight will be 10 times more exciting than their first? HELL YEAH. And having Kos and GSP face-to-face on TUF is going to really spark everyone's attention.

IC, I love Koscheck and always have. I won't say that I don't care if a fighter is a dick or not because quiet frankly, I do. That is the main reaon behind my disdain for Nick and Nate Diaz. But, if a fighter can back up their words then I learn to at least respect them.

I have always been a fan of Kos in a sport where 90% of the rest hate him. He acts like such a dick to the point where it is funny, at least to me. He is awesome at hyping up a fight and I cannot wait to see the trash talk on TUF 12. He is a man who can get PPV buys on the sheer fact that people want to see his ass get beat, but then these same fans overlook the fact that he is a tremendous fighter. He does present an interesting challenge to GSP seeing as he is a great wrestler, with solid submissions and boxing. Plus I am a Team AKA mega fan and like seeing those guys excel which is what they do. GSP/Kos 2 can't come soon enough.

he played it safe, and deserved what Daley did.

So what happens now?

WHAT? Are you kidding me? this ain't the WWe, hell it ain't even TNA, not only is this a HUGE PPV on a legitimate sporting event, it is the flagship of all MMA the UFC. No one, regardless of how they fought, or what they said, deserves a cheap shot like this. There were people calling for Brock Lesnar to be banned for life for getting into Frank Mir's face at UFC 100, and Brock, for all his emotion and arrogance didn't even touch Mir. Koscheck not only didn't deserve what happened, the sport of MMA didn't deserve it even more so. This is the kind of thing that keeps MMA out of markets like NYC. Whether or not anyone agrees with how Koscheck fought this fight, he won, its over, and a pro like Daley should've respected that. as far as what's next? Josh Koscheck is facing the buzzsaw of all MMA, the guy who always plays it safe and has a perfect game plan. Mr. UFC himself, GSP. From what Koscheck said about Canada to the way both of these men fight is a perfect rivalry to ignite a PPV card much the way Mir and Lesnar did for UFC 100. Koscheck has grown as fighter, even if he's taken a step back as a person. He poses a much more dangerous threat to the welterweight title than did Dan Hardy. that being said, GSP wins by decision, as always, and all will once again be right in the UFC.

Well, I know a dude that's a Kos fan lol. He actually told me that Kos is good, but he never told me he was a D-Bag :lmao. then when it comes to the fight, and I see him acting up, and actually went "well, this is unusual." Kos is good, but it's balanced by his antics off the octagon (well, and that one antic on the octagon as well)

I really want to see TUF 12 now. GSP's gonna look like a hero in that show, and that fight will have pretty much a lot of hype surrounding it.

Wil he beat GSP? No. Will it be fun to watch him say he can beat GSP? hell yes.

Well, I know a dude that's a Kos fan lol. He actually told me that Kos is good, but he never told me he was a D-Bag :lmao. then when it comes to the fight, and I see him acting up, and actually went "well, this is unusual." Kos is good, but it's balanced by his antics off the octagon (well, and that one antic on the octagon as well)

I really want to see TUF 12 now. GSP's gonna look like a hero in that show, and that fight will have pretty much a lot of hype surrounding it.

Wil he beat GSP? No. Will it be fun to watch him say he can beat GSP? hell yes.

Well, I believe it is a little premature to say Josh Koscheck won't beat GSP. If Matt Serra could upset the great George St-Pierre then I strongly believe that Kos can do it as well. Lets not forget that Kos is an established and very successful fighter. He is very capable of beating GSP. Is it impossible? No. Is it unlikely? Yes. But, for the sake of this fight, lets not completely count out Mr. Koscheck quiet yet. I think he could shock a few people.

Well, I believe it is a little premature to say Josh Koscheck won't beat GSP. If Matt Serra could upset the great George St-Pierre then I strongly believe that Kos can do it as well. Lets not forget that Kos is an established and very successful fighter. He is very capable of beating GSP. Is it impossible? No. Is it unlikely? Yes. But, for the sake of this fight, lets not completely count out Mr. Koscheck quiet yet. I think he could shock a few people.

I know, I know. Either way how it goes, I shouldn't have counted out Kos like that. Beside the point altogether, it's gonna be a good match. As long as I don't see any theatrics in this fight like what happened at Koscheck/Daley. It doesn't matter if it was for point-deduction towards Daley, no one should act like that in a fight, regardless of whether it was funny at the time (which it was to me).

To be honest, I think Koscheck is deserving of his title shot and will be able to force GSP to stray from his wrestling beat down strategy. If you don't remember, Koscheck was thoroughly beaten by GSP in their last fight, but he was able to take down GSP a few times and did escape takedowns. I think with training and emphasis on stopping takedowns, I think Josh will force GSP to switch to some thing else and that is where the fight becomes intriguing. GSP is the far, far, far more technical and proficient strand-up striker, but I believe Koscheck can take a punch and can certainly dish them out.

I think Josh Koscheck will be able to get the best fight out of GSP that we have seen in a while and is definitely confident in his abilities.

IC, I love Koscheck and always have. I won't say that I don't care if a fighter is a dick or not because quiet frankly, I do. That is the main reaon behind my disdain for Nick and Nate Diaz. But, if a fighter can back up their words then I learn to at least respect them.

I have always been a fan of Kos in a sport where 90% of the rest hate him. He acts like such a dick to the point where it is funny, at least to me. He is awesome at hyping up a fight and I cannot wait to see the trash talk on TUF 12. He is a man who can get PPV buys on the sheer fact that people want to see his ass get beat, but then these same fans overlook the fact that he is a tremendous fighter. He does present an interesting challenge to GSP seeing as he is a great wrestler, with solid submissions and boxing. Plus I am a Team AKA mega fan and like seeing those guys excel which is what they do. GSP/Kos 2 can't come soon enough.

That's funny you say you dont like the diaz brothers because their dicks and you say Kos is a dick but he can back up his words so that makes it ok but nick diaz backs up his words to i mean he is the Strikeforce welterweight champion so you should be a big fan of his then to.

Kos isn't a dick to the point where it's funny he's just a dick to the point where he's a gigantic dick. I can't wait to see Kos talk shit on Tuf 12 either because it will make it that much funnier when he get's his ass beat by GSP. I agree kos is a real good fighter but after they bullshit eye poke he won a fight because of and now this him faking getting a knee to the head shit has caused me to lose all respect for him and i wish when Daley hit him after the match it would have knocked his ass out. The only thing Kos will ever be in his career is a stepping stone for better fighters to get their title shot.

That's funny you say you dont like the diaz brothers because their dicks and you say Kos is a dick but he can back up his words so that makes it ok but nick diaz backs up his words to i mean he is the Strikeforce welterweight champion so you should be a big fan of his then to.

Kos isn't a dick to the point where it's funny he's just a dick to the point where he's a gigantic dick. I can't wait to see Kos talk shit on Tuf 12 either because it will make it that much funnier when he get's his ass beat by GSP. I agree kos is a real good fighter but after they bullshit eye poke he won a fight because of and now this him faking getting a knee to the head shit has caused me to lose all respect for him and i wish when Daley hit him after the match it would have knocked his ass out. The only thing Kos will ever be in his career is a stepping stone for better fighters to get their title shot.

I never said the Diaz brothers couldn't back up their words. They most certainly can. And for the record, and this goes for Kos as well, I hate their cocky, confrontational personalities, but I am a big fan of the way they fight. Nick Diaz has grown on me a lot and it isn't because of his sunny personality, it is solely because of his fighting abilities. The same goes for Kos, I am not a big fan of his ******** antics but I am a big fan of his fighting.

How did he win because of an eye poke? It isn't like he choked Anthony Johnson out or anything. :rolleyes: As for the knee to the head, well I cannot properly comment on that seeing as I did not see it. How is he a stepping stone? I think you mean a gatekeeper since he is still better then 85% of the Welterweights in the UFC. Also, you can't say he will be a stepping stone either until his fight and his career is properly over. What happens when and if he beats GSP? Then he is the UFC Welterweight champion and in no way is that a stepping stone. As I said before, reserve judgment until after the fight is over, speculating is alright since we all do it, but no one knows how the fight will actually play out. If Matt Serra can knock GSP out then it is very possible that Kos can as well.

Just some FYI, but I got the chance to listen to Koscheck on the Jason Ellis show on Satellite Radio last night.

He was asked about the shit he talks before fights and was accused of being "unprofessional." His reply was exactly what I always say when I defend him. When he's in the cage, he never breaks any of the rules. He walks in, fights, kicks ass, and walks out. He doesn't swing at anyone after the bell, he doesn't rub a win in his opponents' faces, and he doesn't break any other rules of the UFC. And he said that "talking smack" is nothing more than a tactic to make his fights more exciting to the audience and viewers and to sell more tickets.

According to Jason Ellis and the rest of the crew, Kos was extremely cordial and nice to everyone. Ellis saw no reason why people would portray his as being such a douchebag. And as Josh took calls from listeners, they all asked him about his demeanor and he handled himself like a consummate professional.

So there you have it. All of you that think he's such a dick should realize that the guy is just playing a character similar to that which we watch on television every Monday and Friday night. All Koscheck is trying to do is sell more tickets and make his fights more interesting to all of us.

Well you know, D-Man, Jeffrey Dahmer came off as a nice guy in every interview he ever did, but that doesn't make him a nice guy, does it?

The fact is, the Josh Koscheck you saw/heard yesterday was a phony. The REAL Josh Koscheck is the Koscheck we saw on the first season of the Ultimate Fighter, which was a complete, total douchebag.

Moreover, am I the only person who remembers Diego Sanchez vs. Josh Koscheck II? Diego went into that fight with a terrible staff infection, and the ENTIRE fight was basically nothing but stalling. When it was announced that Kos won the decision, the guy went nuts and acted like he just won the Welterweight fucking Championship. How is someone who does that NOT a complete tool?

Plus, in his last two fights, he has faked injuries to try and win a point away. Again, why should we respect someone who pulls something like that?

In interviews Kos can play up the whole "it's for show" act all he wants, but to anyone who follows MMA closely, they know that the dude is nothing more than a prick. Does he have some redeeming qualities? Sure, he's nice to those who kiss his ass, and the guy is a great fighter, but overall... there's no denying what a douche he is at heart, and he will show it all once again on TUF 12.

Well you know, D-Man, Jeffrey Dahmer came off as a nice guy in every interview he ever did, but that doesn't make him a nice guy, does it?

The fact is, the Josh Koscheck you saw/heard yesterday was a phony. The REAL Josh Koscheck is the Koscheck we saw on the first season of the Ultimate Fighter, which was a complete, total douchebag.

Moreover, am I the only person who remembers Diego Sanchez vs. Josh Koscheck II? Diego went into that fight with a terrible staff infection, and the ENTIRE fight was basically nothing but stalling. When it was announced that Kos won the decision, the guy went nuts and acted like he just won the Welterweight fucking Championship. How is someone who does that NOT a complete tool?

Plus, in his last two fights, he has faked injuries to try and win a point away. Again, why should we respect someone who pulls something like that?

In interviews Kos can play up the whole "it's for show" act all he wants, but to anyone who follows MMA closely, they know that the dude is nothing more than a prick. Does he have some redeeming qualities? Sure, he's nice to those who kiss his ass, and the guy is a great fighter, but overall... there's no denying what a douche he is at heart, and he will show it all once again on TUF 12.

I'm sure Kos isn't a "Great Guy" in real life but he doesn't break any rules and he doesn't duck fights and really he is no different than Frank Mir when it comes to shit talking to sell a fight.

As far as the first season of TUF Leben got what he deserved. The whole first half of that season he was a Dbag talking shit about everyone and pulling pranks. Hell he even pissed on peoples beds one of the first nights. Then he got some water sprayed on him...basically got a prank pulled on him and he flips out and starts crying.

Why did no one tell me that Daley was done with the UFC after his little episode at 113?

Apparently, Dana said at the post fight interview that Daley was "He will never fight in the UFC again." Dana went on to say that "there is no place in this sport for something like that". He also said that Daley's excuse for what he did was that "he didn't hear the bell" and that when asked if he wanted to fight in the UFC again, Daley shrugged his shoulders. Dana said that even if Daley becomes the best pound for pound fighter in the entire world, he will never fight in the UFC.

Categorically, Dana is telling us that Daley will never be back in the UFC and that even if he is to reach out to Dana and apologize for what he did, he still wont be back in the UFC octagon. Personally, I am impressed with how Dana handled that situation. I personally thought that Dana would have given him a suspension and took some of his money away from him but no, he went straight for the jugular and got rid of him. There is no doubting that Daley does have some talent but he got absolutely dominated by Koscheck in and out of the octagon at UFC 113 and I, for one, am glad to see the back of his arrogant ass. There was no excuse for him to try and hit Koscheck at the end of that fight. Frank Mir was in a similar position with Brock and Mir took his defeat like a man... Well, kind of. He certainly didn't try to hit Brock at the end of the fight.

Dana is right, MMA has to remain professional and something like that just casts a shadow over the whole organisation. I think he was perfectly justified.

Agreed. This aint the WWE folks, this is MMA. Kos did what he did best and that is wrestle. Why not take down the guy when you can do it any time you want? He should of striked with him just to please the fans and possibly get knocked out? Cmon peeps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back