Ever Had A Relationship That "Clicked?"

GI Cake

Thank God For Sodamy.
As I began my first job at a Halloween store in Miami as a High School Graduate I began to meet and create a ton of friendships with fellow Employees and the employees that worked next door to me. During work I was introduced to a girl that just began working there and it just sorta "clicked" we get along like peanut butter and chocolate and just recently formed a relationship.

Now before all this I was in a relationship with what I thought was my soul-mate. You can call it stupid High School love or anything but the fact of the matter is I felt strongly for this girl. After a ton of issues between me and her I finally ended it between her and I. Now I have dated other girls between my first Relationship and my current one. But I haven't really "Clicked" as I have with this one. So here are my questions.

Have you ever met someone that instantly felt connected to? (Does not need to romantic)

If you do meet someone you can "Click" with. Is it wrong to quickly leap into a relationship or should you try and take things slowly like you would with any relationship?

Have you ever met someone that instantly felt connected to? (Does not need to romantic)

Yeah, my wife. As stereotypical as it may sound, we really did fall in love immediately. It doesn't just happen in the movies. When you truly "click" with someone, you'll instantly know it. Trust me. The same can be said for friendships too. I met some of my closest friends by randomly striking up conversations and finding out they were gamers or into wrestling. Sometimes it just happens.

If you do meet someone you can "Click" with. Is it wrong to quickly leap into a relationship or should you try and take things slowly like you would with any relationship?

TAKE THINGS SLOWLY. I cannot possibly stress that enough. Speaking as someone who had an engagement that lasted a whole month, I'm really not one to talk there. However, we did take things slow when we were still dating. When you click with someone it is one of the most amazing feelings in the world. To know you can talk to them about almost anything. Taking it slowly is better though because you can spend more time getting to know each other on a deep level. My wife and I took things super quickly once I proposed, but up until that point we spent months talking to each other and finding out everything we possibly could about one another. It is a very important and crucial step in a relationship, most people skip it and then wonder why they get cheated on or grow to hate the person. It can happen to anyone, no matter how much you clicked on that first encounter. Take it slow and enjoy your time together.

The same can be said for regular friendships too. Just hang out with your new friend and get to know them. There is no point in rushing, especially if you are intending to only be friends with this person.

I can think of about 3 instances off the top of my head that I instantly clicked with a person. In 1 case it was someone who I was just friends with and 2 of them became my girlfriend (one is still my girlfriend). In all cases after having talking for a few hours with each of them I felt like we connected, all of them in different ways but we connected nonetheless.

For example The one who is now one of my closest friends happened when I was working for her dad, she walked into my office wanting to check her email and since I was testing software at the time and had spares I let her use one. She started asking how I liked working there, I quoted Office Space "The whole every day is the worst day of my life bit" and it just happened to be her favorite movie. From there we started talking and hanging out and to this day we get along tremendously.

With my current girlfriend we just had similar personalities and have similar likes and dislikes. Of course we disagree on somethings but on top of connecting on a friendship level we connected on a physical and emotional level as well. Sure we have had our bumps but I'm honestly the happiest I've ever been since I've been with her and I've always been happy to a certain extent.

Personally it would probably be best to still take it slow and see if something is there for a long period of time. I only say this from personal preference.

With my last gf we connected very well right away and rushed into it, after 2 weeks we knew that it was a mistake and we broke up soon afterwards. I got along with her, had a physical connection but honestly after 2 weeks I hated hanging around her.

With my current girlfriend we started out talking on the internet and met up one night for drinks and that was it. A week later we went for sushi, hung out the next day and the day after that we got physical. Initially it was just supposed to be play and nothing else but the problem with that is we fell for each other in the process. So about a month later after hanging with her and talking to her constantly I took the leap and asked her to be my girlfriend. To this day we are together and our bond grows more and more each day. I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that we didn't rush and we got to know each other more before anything else, we were physically attracted to each other but as time went on our bond both mentally and emotionally grew more and more. To this day it keeps growing and I love that fact but from first impression (unlike my last girlfriend) I didn't feel much of an emotional attachment, that came more and more as I went on.

If you like someone I say take it slow and don't rush into it. You can still have dates and be physical but make sure the bond is there instead of it possibly being an infatuation. If you both truly like each other and want to be together you will both wait until you become official (unless one of you waits too long).

With my current GF she constantly talking with others before we became official but she wanted me more than the others so she constantly blew them off so she could spend time with me and not them, I could have been replaced by like 15 guys but we had an attraction and bond that the other guys and my gf didn't have. If the bond is there both parties will at least be patient and see where the other person stands.

I've had an instant sexual connection with one person. We were together for a year. The first three months were great because we fucked every chance we got and placed a premium on that over everything else. Unfortunately, I decided to better manage my time and focus on my studies after three months, and after this we'd vacillate between bitter fights and make-up sex. Eventually, she found someone else and fucked off.

As for "clicking" with people, yes, I've clicked with several people, but there was nothing sexual about the relationships/friendships we formed. We vibed, we had inexplicably deep connections, and having non-sexual relationships like these is one of the greatest things life has to offer.

I dated a girl for three years, and we were actually engaged for awhile. It fell through for a lot of reasons, mainly because of religious beliefs. We both grew up in the church, but I have a lot of issues with Catholicism, and she was sort of a Catholic missionary before she went off to college. We let a lot of stupid things get in the way, and it's a shame because we also had the privilege of being best friends throughout junior and senior high, as well as being neighbors.

Yes, really. It couldn't be more out of book than that. High school sweathearts, best childhood friends, AND next-door neighbors. But like I said, it fell through... Now we're both on opposite ends of the country, and it's quite likely we'll never even be remote friends again.

I've been in other relationships since then (we broke up almost two years ago), but I ended all of them because...and this is going to sound really bad, because they were all really cool girls...they just weren't her. When you date your best friend, they know you completely. And I still to this day feel like I'm missing a huge part of me, not because of a relationship, but because of a friendship for almost a decade.

I can't seem to "click" with anyone, not just dating but in general. In a way that's what inspired a lot of my current dreams though. Writers are notoriously dark and spend most of their time alone because they can't actually connect well with other people. So for now I'm ok with that... It's given me time and space to dedicate fully to my craft and being the best damn person I possibly can be.

But I do often wonder if I'll be able to get that "feeling" of comfort back again. And there's a depressing 5am story for ya! GOnna need some more vodka...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back