Evan Bourne, Possible Career Ending Injury

Wow that blows, especially for a guy that relies so much on his feet. At least he had a pretty damn good career when you put it in the perspective that most don't ever even get to the WWE.

Kinda reminds me of Pillman. I don't think this will end up the same way in the long run though. Hope not anyways.

Thing with Evan is he was doing good till he got hit with that drug policy, not he has to basically start all over from scratch .. im not a fan of Evan by all means, but that drug policy is going over-board since Eddie Guerreros death.

Thing with Evan is he was doing good till he got hit with that drug policy, not he has to basically start all over from scratch .. im not a fan of Evan by all means, but that drug policy is going over-board since Eddie Guerreros death.
It'snot going overboard. There is a double standard. Pro wrestlers and other pro athletes probably use drugs at about the same ratio, but pro wrestling was treated like this evil thing. Mostly because it was trash TV and people powerbombing women, drinking beer, cussin, bleeding all over the place. Now the product is more respectable, they have a fairly tough and independently ran drug policy, and guess what, more people treat the product with respect.

I know it sounds paranoid, but from the moment his injury was announced, I wondered: Suppose a person went through rehab but didn't do well with it. His period of suspension had ended, making him eligible to return to the active list.....but he just isn't ready, chemically speaking.

Possible solution? An "injury," suffered at just the opportune time to keep him on the list of employees but still give him more time to recover from his addictions .....without admitting to the public that he's still failing drug tests.

No, I'm not saying I know this to be true; I don't know any more than anyone else. It just seemed like an awfully convenient time for an injury to appear, no?

Now, the injury is career threatening? Wonder what's really going on.

Yeah, I saw the picture. Looks pretty gruesome. He will be out a minimal of at least 2-4 months depending on what surgery they ended up having to do... This isn't the first time he's been injured like that though... I remember a few years back he broke his leg on some botched move. So I think he will be back but it will take a while...

For the drug policy..... Its not overboard. Think of the lives that have been saved because of it (specifically MVP's condition that he never had diagnosed until one of the drug tests) and the people that could have been a wreck otherwise. It isn't perfect but what drug testing system is?

I know it sounds paranoid, but from the moment his injury was announced, I wondered: Suppose a person went through rehab but didn't do well with it. His period of suspension had ended, making him eligible to return to the active list.....but he just isn't ready, chemically speaking.

Possible solution? An "injury," suffered at just the opportune time to keep him on the list of employees but still give him more time to recover from his addictions .....without admitting to the public that he's still failing drug tests.

No, I'm not saying I know this to be true; I don't know any more than anyone else. It just seemed like an awfully convenient time for an injury to appear, no?

Now, the injury is career threatening? Wonder what's really going on.

You know i thought the same thing!! It could be the opportune time for him to get completely clean if he can!! Who knows if the injury is career threatening but if u mess up your feet thats bad news betsy!

Convenient or not this is evans last chance to get clean!! I just hope to god he doesnt end up like The Loose Cannon aka Brian Pillman! Evan is talented but as of late cant get out of his own way. He might be down but this is his time to really pick himself up like no other!! Evan if u ever read these this is your last opportunity! Dont blow it:shrug:

You people make it sound like the guy is a heroin junkie... Last I knew, it was "synthetic weed". Spice. Something of that nature, lol.

To the people suggesting that he may end up like Brian Pillman... WHAT?!
That's a bit of a stretch, I say.

If Evan Bourne's injury turns out to be career ending, I feel bad for the guy. I love watching him fly around just like the next guy, but if he can't, he can't! The real tragedy is that had he not violated, this all never would have happened. Sad waste, it is!

The WWE drug policy is NOT overboard it is a very serious matter. Drugs kill plain and simple atheletes die from drugs. Or they become embarassments.

A recent example is Jeff Hardy not super recent but recent enough. There are even old stories from WWF and WCW days about one guy carrying the other cause they were high or drunk.

Look at Scott Hall if you want even more proof. Think about your job can you come to work high or drunk? No you would be fired on the spot these wrestlers get 3 strikes and get help. The WWE even pays for its former wrestlers to get the help they need. Example Matt Hardy and Jake Roberts and even tho when they were slamming the WWE Vince got them the help and now they praise Vince. Even Matt Hardy said recently now that he is clean and sober he has Vince to thank for it.

Now Evan got busted and served his suspension and he is back a month and fails again? Now somehow he mangled his foot and it is legit looks like he dropped something on it or it got snagged in something. He will be back and he is lucky he didnt loose his foot.

I will say it again WWE's polocy is not overboard. Do you really want to see any athlete pulling a hardy at an event?

The WWE drug policy is NOT overboard it is a very serious matter. Drugs kill plain and simple atheletes die from drugs. Or they become embarassments.

?

Whilst I'm not denying that Drugs can ruin and end lives the assumption that taking drugs, especially a substance like synthetic THC, will without exception ruin somebodys life is a bit absurd & a mindset that everyone including the WWE needs to snap out of. Sure you could argue it's put his career in jeparody but I think it was an overreaction on the WWE's behalf especially given the context it was ingested (at a party/social) I've smoked the stuff but I'm still living, breathing and probably am in the best shape of my life both physically and mentally. Obviously if a person is taking substances at work or in a way that effects his performance at work, doing something illegal or something to a dangerous degree or appear to be forming a habbit then by all means but to me smoking that stuff really isn't all that different to drinking alcohol (except that Alcohol is more likely to lead to death, addiction and personal problems) but I'm not going into a drug debate over it.

On another note, yeah it's shame a bout Evan Bourne... it's never nice to see someone have their lively hood being snatched away from them like that. Hopefully he'll be able to find another spot within the business, but I also get the impression is quite a bright spark, so he'll probably have something to fall back on.

Didn't this happen weeks ago when his suspension was announced? He posted a picture of the surgery and said it would just be delayed.

Nonetheless, I expect him to be back. He's in the doghouse regardless.

saw this a few days ago and that looks really bad but i wouldnt say for sure its a career ending injury i mean people have come back from broken necks,torn quads and torn acl/mcl's and those are probably just as bad as bourns injury if not worse i hope hes able to come back as i always enjoyed watching evan bourne wrestle he usually puts on a good match but i dont expect to see him for a long time

Whilst I'm not denying that Drugs can ruin and end lives the assumption that taking drugs, especially a substance like synthetic THC, will without exception ruin somebodys life is a bit absurd & a mindset that everyone including the WWE needs to snap out of. Sure you could argue it's put his career in jeparody but I think it was an overreaction on the WWE's behalf especially given the context it was ingested (at a party/social) I've smoked the stuff but I'm still living, breathing and probably am in the best shape of my life both physically and mentally. Obviously if a person is taking substances at work or in a way that effects his performance at work, doing something illegal or something to a dangerous degree or appear to be forming a habbit then by all means but to me smoking that stuff really isn't all that different to drinking alcohol (except that Alcohol is more likely to lead to death, addiction and personal problems) but I'm not going into a drug debate over it.

Not to completely derail the post, but I feel that this is worth saying. First of all, it has never been confirmed that both of his suspensions were due to that. The issue of his two Wellness Policy violations isn't a matter of "synthetic"/alternative marijuana being legal, or anyone's opinion on whether or not marijuana is a "serious" drug or should/shouldn't be legalized. There could be a bigger picture here, and that's unfortunate. Regardless, what people forget while they're caught up on the legal argument, is that it's not allowed by WWE, and he is under contract.

This isn't your average instance of a guy doing something recreationally and his employer finding out and frowning on it. If WWE has made him aware that he will be tested and if the test shows that he has been taking a particular substance, he will be suspended, and repeat offenses will get him fired, it is an extremely foolish act to tempt fate and risk suspension and likely friction with management and coworkers leading up to possible termination. If both suspensions were related to the same substance, it pretty much proves that he is either, A. addicted, B. stupid.

He has been granted an opportunity to pursue a job that people would kill to have, and he is essentially spitting in the faces of the people whom have given him that opportunity. It's not like he got caught two years after the first suspension because he got complacent. Was he even back for a month following the first suspension? He should have been on his toes and ready to please. His negligence, if you can call it that, also killed Kofi's push. I'd be surprised if he hasn't burned a lot of bridges in the locker room, and frankly, I wouldn't be too eager to welcome him back.

http://blog.anklefootmd.com/2012/03/28/wwe-wrestler-evan-bourne-sustains-midfoot-fracture/

Just saw this link from a Bourne ReTweet on Twitter.

airbourne ‏ @findevan
I hate throw out bad news but I must. I was in an accident Monday and mangled my foot. Sorry to delay the comeback, I'm down but not out!

What do you think? Midfoot fracture of multiple bones. This delays everything.

If people can come back from broken necks and broken backs, Bourne can come back from a foot fracture. He will come back, like he said "I'm down but not out!". I just hope this injury won't turn out to be a re-occuring injury, one like Rey Mysterio's knees. That will definitely fuck up his career.

It's a shame, even though he has had his problems, he's a very talented high flyer and if he can't get good lift after this injury (which from what I've just read about it is quite common) his career will indeed be over. He deserved to be out until mania for his wellness violations, but now he should be back and getting himself over again. Instead we might never see him in a ring again.

Sadly, that's the first thing that I thought when I heard this, too.

It's not "paranoid" at all. That tends to be the way things go. The industry is filled with countless examples.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back