Evan Bourne & Justin Gabriel Should Be A Team

Prime Time Priceless

Dark Match Jobber
Personally, I do not like Air Boom as a team. One, because the name simply sucks.

Now, with Bourne & Gabriel, they would be the Paul London/Billy Kidman tag team of this era. 450 splash and the Shooting Star Press. Then give them some matching ring attire, and a theme song that is NOT just a mashup of two themes.

Plus, they have personality. This is just my opinion, what do you all think?

Before I get started, the name simply isn't enough reason to hate a tag team. Air Boom is a great tag team who are both over with the crowd. What's great about them is that they appeal to both the older and younger fans and that's something you do not get too often these days. I wouldn't mind a tag team with Evan Bourne and Justin Gabriel, although I would much rather see someone with as much potential as Justin Gabriel go solo. What AirBoom is doing is keeping Kofi Kingston out of the United States Championship hunt because he desperately needed a change. Justin Gabriel however has potential to be someone in his WWE career with the right push so I'd keep from having someone else drag him down.

NO.
I honestly dont see bourne getting any higher up on the totem pole than he is right now.
why saddle someone that is SOOO promising (gabriel) with him when it would just hold him back.
gabriel is pretty much a blank slate at this point, he hasnt made a huge splash except being in the nexus angle, so WWE could go anywhere with this guy.
i dont know why more people dont mention him when talking about the future for wwe but they should.
this guy has a truckload of potential and the sky is the limit.
great look, great ability, young, hasnt been buried but hasnt been used to maximum potential, im sure he will eventually end up on raw with the big boys.
so, no, dont team him with a one trick pony, let him stand on his own two feet and pass or fail based on his own work.
idea fail.

Justin Gabriel has already had an extremely lukewarm time in the WWE as part of the tag team scene. He's a multiple time WWE Tag Team Champion and none of this runs as a former multi-time tag champ in WWE means a damn.

I've got no problem with the name Air Boom personally, it's a name that just seems to have a lot of energy about it and that's something that Kingston & Bourne both bring to the table.

As far as them being a team goes, it's mutually beneficial for them. It gives Kofi Kingston a needed change for one thing. Kofi has been firmly planted in the mid-card picture in WWE for a long time now, he's held both mid-card titles on more than one occassion and it seems there are no plans to move him up in the forseeable future. So him being part of a tag team that WWE fans actually give a crap about and are interested in just seems to be working. Evan Bourne is also someone that's been pretty over in WWE for a while but he's never attained any real success. Even if Kofi never makes it to the main event picture, Kofi has shown himself to be a solid and reliable addition to the WWE roster. He can help and already has helped Evan Bourne move up above in the world. As part of Air Boom, Bourne won his first title in WWE and has helped to generate renewed interest in the tag team picture in WWE. For the first time in quite a while, there are positive signs and generally good things to say about the WWE's tag team division. Air Boom has played a significant role in that.

As for Gabriel, the WWE looks as though they're slowly building and working on Gabriel. There's nothing definitive going on right now but he's gotten some good rubs over the past several weeks, including working in a tag team bout with Sheamus. I'd rather see Gabriel as a singles wrestler right now and I'm ultimately curious to see what WWE does with him.

I actually really like Kofi and Evan as a team. Kofi has always been one of my favorite entertainers, and since it didn't look like they were going to throw him back into the US/IC title run, I'm glad he has tag-team gold around his waist.

And really, Air Boom is not that bad of a name. It incorporates both of their gimmicks, and gives them credibility as a REAL tag team, having an actual tag-team name.

I have mixed feelings....mainly because putting bourne and gabriel together seems a little too "on the nose". Too obvious. Plus, as of right now they are more or less the same character, and one thing that does not tend to work these days for long term tag team longevity is to have the two competitors be interchangeable.

On the other hand, sure I could see the WWE putting the two together at some point and I think they could be an interesting tag team to watch for a while. But personally, I would rather see the two of them lock horns than be buddies.

I would actually put Gabriel and Kofi together. Tie in the African Roots for both of them. I think the two of them would be a great team. I think Bourne would go better with a big guy.

First let me start off by saying, I don't understand the name hate. Alright so it's not the catchiest name ever, but it has personal meaning to both Kingston and Bourne as they chose it from a whole bunch of fan suggestions. Probably with WWE's moderation, of course, but it still counts. Also because of this it makes fans, particularly the younger ones Bourne and Kingston are more likely to appeal to, feel more involved. Nothing but plusses here.

Second, Justin Gabes has just broken out on his own and if things go right for him, he could well end up being the most successful of the Nexus team. It's surprising how often the apparent back-seaters turn out to have a lot more substantial value than their originally pushed teammates. Just look at the Miz.

Thirdly and finally, I'm sure Justin would work in a team with either Evan or Kofi, but only for the exact same reasons they work well with each other. So there's not really any additional selling point from the OP's suggestion that I can see.

What exactly would the difference be between the Bourne/Gabriel team and Air Boom? Kofi is a high flyer. So is Gabriel. Other than their finishers there is little that would set them apart in this push. Kofi is already on Evan's team and he is better on the mic too. I like Air Boom and they are a better team than Evan/Gabriel would be because Kofi is superior tp Gabriel in the ring and on the mic. Why not have Gabriel find a tag team partner to face Air Boom? The tag team division needs more people anyhow.

A year ago, I probably would've agreed with you. But now that Gabriel is seemingly being pushed as a potential top singles star on Smackdown I'd rather not have him back in the tag team division especially since he's already been champ a couple times now. Kofi and Bourne makes sense because both of them really have no direction as singles competitors for the time being and have some pretty good chemistry together. So I'm pretty content with where Gabriel, Kofi, and Bourne are right now.

What's wrong with Air Boom? The name of a tag team can't be the reason why you like a team or not, for me anyway.

I'm not a fan or either of them but I think they make a decent tag team. Also it means you get one dose of them not two so that's good, I also like that they're trying to be a real team, by matching their attires, putting together their entrances and having a team name.

Also I don't want to see Justin Gabriel go back into a tag team, he's already been in one and now it's time for him to show what he can do as a singles wrestler and I think he can go far but a tag team will stop him from becoming the star he can.

lol DOUBLE FLIPZ!!!! ZOMG DOUBLE FLIPZ!!!!

Seriously, no, not only no, but FUCK NO.

Gabriel has no personality or credibility. You put him with Evan "I look like I'm 14" Bourne and their team has no credibility. I mean, yea, DOUBLE FLIPZ but where do they go after that? Not really anywhere. No promo ability, no crowd gestures, no believability as winners. Nothing.

Air Boom is extremely over, who gives a fuck what YOU think. It's what the majority likes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back