Evan Bourne, Best At Selling Moves, Ever?

TimetoShine

Dark Match Winner
Even though right now Evan Bourne is basically just a high talented jobber, can you think of anyone better at selling power moves then him? When he takes a powerful clothesline, this guy does a 360 and looks like his whole body has just been broken. Or when he takes a powerbomb, it looks like he should never be able to walk again. IMO, I see him as the best at selling moves, if not just in this generation , possibly in the last few generations.Is there anyone else even close? I would love to hear more opinions on this.

Oh and please dont worry about giving me green rep, I could care less about that part of this site.

I don't think he is the best ever. He's very good but my #1 goes to Scott Hall. The guy was great at selling and always added a sense of both realism and fun to watching him get hit.

I dont kno if hes the best ever but he is incredible. Not many guys can impress u buy gettin their ass kicked around the ring for 5minutes. hes an excellent wrestler and I wish they would bring back either the hardcore or cruiserweight title so guys like him and dolph have a place to be. If they bring back the cruiserweight then rey mysterio can also stay the hell away from the main event where he does not belong but thats for another thread. I would probably put bourne top5 at selling moves without even thinking about it. Lets hope he gets used properly at some point

I wont say if he is best ever in selling moves but he is a hell of a jobber. Sometimes he sells move so brilliantly that i believed that he is legitimately injured but i am wrong everytime. The way he lies down after a power move of someone's else's finishing moves is awesome. This guy can even make Hornswoggle looking gud.

Right now he's untouchable at selling moves. There's not a person better at selling then Evan Bourne. He has that badass ability to make the simplest punch look like a knockout blow. He definitely has no problem making the other person look powerful and real good in a match. He's even injured himself legitimately while selling.

[youtube]06BPgkTEAD4[/youtube]

He hurt his neck when he took that spear.

Best Ever? Not in my opinion. Doing flips while trying to sell a move has never really impressed me unless done on a rare occasion and for a purpose. HBK is in my opinion the best at selling. Chris Benoit used to be great. Chris Jericho is pretty good himself. Undertaker has done a great job over the years. The Rock was one of the best during his time. Honestly, I can't believe you would put Evan Bourne anywhere near any of them, even at selling a beat down.

I can completely agree with the original post. And in their defense, they didn't say best ever. It was the best in this generation or possibly the past few generations. He seems to be extremely flexable and sometimes when he takes a move it does look like he should be paralyzed. I have been hoping for some time that he would get some kind of push maybe for the US after Miz moves on, or they bring back the Cruiserweight. He is a great talent and for being a high talent jobber is rather well liked by fans.

Speaking of selling moves that super kick that Rey took last night that just buckled his legs looked pretty sweet also. Maybe Bourne and Rey could have a decent program in they got Rey away from main event. Hmm.... all the options at Vince's fingers.... That is where I stop.

Evan Bourne makes me believe in his opponents' high impact moves. He's doing his job perfectly: he's putting his opponent over. His selling isn't ridiculous either; it's not like the Big Show overselling a move from a cruiserweight. Part of what makes his bumps work so well is the fact that he's a smaller guy, and when he gets hit like in that video, you really do go "ouch" for Bourne. Right now, he's untouchable at selling those high-impact moves.

This is why the WWE needs to hire more guys with gymnastic experience. It makes selling so much easier when you can control the momentum of your own body like that. (Plus, he's got a pretty good grasp of ring psychology too. A double plus.)

Bourne is damn good at selling moves. Whenever Bourne gets hardcore clotheslined, it makes me wish JR was still on commentary for RAW so i could hear him say, "He got folded up like an accordion!"

But I still think that Shawn Michaels is the best of our generation just from him doing that thing where he flips onto the turnbuckle. It makes it seem like his opponent put a lot of power into his whip. Also remember him overselling Hogan a few years back? That was money.

Rey's also great too. Whenever he gets whipped into the corner and gets slammed into the turnbuckle I can feel his pain.

Best right now? Probably. Best ever? No way in hell. best of the past few generations? I'd have to go with no. Don't think I'm trying to take anything away from Bourne, I'm a big fan. I think Randy Savage sold like a motherf*cker. Mr. Perfect made everyone look good. Ultimate Warrior sold very.....just kidding.

I think Bourne is amazing and somewhere near the top of a few lists, but he's just not IMO at the top of this one. Yet.

Great seller, but best ever?? Are you kidding me? Let's let the kid have some big matches and be around a few more years before we start calling him "the best" ever at anything. But yeah, he sells very well. Ric Flair was the best of all time in my mind at selling. This guy could take a 30 minute beating better than anyone I have ever seen. His super white hair was really effective in selling being cut open as well. His flipping over the turnbuckle was always entertaining to watch.

Evan Bourne is a light weight, jobbing to guys much bigger than him. Yes the flips were good to watch at first but it's becoming about as common as watching an old Ric Flair match where he flips over the top rope and get clothes lined every match. Where's Barry Horowitz when you need him?

No, and if we are talking about overall I'm not saying best seller ever but the two I like a lot are The Rock & HBK

HBK- with Hogan at Summer Slam was funny as hell

Rock- takes the pedigree the best I've seen, it's always different and stands out to me anyway, but no one ever has taken a Stone Cold Stunner better than The Rock

I dont care how over the top Shawn & Rocky may be at times, it's sports entertainment and that shit is funny

I read someone say that he is great and used an example that he hurt himself when taking a spear from Show. That does not make you great. If he had made it look devastating and NOT hurt himself I would have been more impressed. It's nothing special to hurt yourself to make your opponent look good. Anyone can do it and it's plain stupid. I dont think he did it on purpose but you get my drift.

bourne is absolutely the best at selling the moves. but his problem is that his size and ability to sell moves doesnt make him believable as any sort of champion. im not saying small wrestlers cant win the big time, but when he gets clothes-lined he looks like hes about to die.

It's been said, but I'm in the mood to say something, so here goes...

Evan Bourne is a good seller. I think his lack of size compared to his opponents is part of what makes look most moves look so brutal, though.

Best sellers of all time:

1. Shawn Michaels. Just wow. Makes anybody's offense look good. In the early 90's, literally put his body on the line, without fear.

2. Curt Hennig. "Perfected" the flip after a hard clothesline when Bourne was still in diapers. Slid all over the place... remember him being thrown to the mat and into the turnbuckle crotch first? Priceless.

3. Ric Flair. In the 70's and 80's, Flair's job was to make the top guy in any territory look good. He did it.

4. Mick Foley's "Have A Nice Day : A Tale of Blood and Sweatsocks." Can't make a list of wrestling's best sellers without this.

ill say EVAN Bourne is the most dramattic modern day move seller, i agree Scott Hall was one of the best ever to watch get it handed to him... hmmm... but yea i to think even bourne is good at what he does, so he flips when he gets hit, like Big Show Run into you a few times and see if you aint a Flippin

Like many other posts have stated, Bourne is currently the best at selling moves, but not all time. The way he can sell a move is unbelievable. HE is by far my favorite young wrestler and everytime I see him in a match I think, "Dammit, he's injured." Then he's back next week doing the same thing. The ways he sold Big Shows spear was increadable and i thought he would be out for awhile. He was back up 3 minutes later. he is making peoples job a heck of alot easier and making people look very dominant.

If we are talking about best seller of all time it is probably Shawn Michaels because of his years of carrying matches with selling everymove his opponent hits him with. That's why he's won PWI's Match of the Year every year of the past 6. A main event with him is always a joy to watch as you know he will give it his all and make it look like his opponent is giving it his all.

The name that hasn't been put out there that i'm suprised of is Rob Van Dam. I remember during the 2002 Royal Rumble he took a pedigree with his legs above trips head, and look dam near dead. He made triple h (someone he hated) look like a killer. he was laying on the mat for a solid 3-4 minutes until booker t came in, picked him up, and threw him out.

I believe the best 3 of all time are:

3. Rob Van Dam

2. Shawn Michaels

1. Ric Flair

Bourne only weighs 170 soaking wet so of course selling power moves from 300+ pounders is going to be easy and look devestating, because it does hurt, but one of the best of the generations past or present, not even close. Michael is better, Mysterio, Morrison, Jericho, Benoit, Amazing Red, even Kurt Angle sells better. But the greatest of all time is simply....Kevin Nash, that finger poke of doom....hellacious! You felt that in the cheap seats!

Ive thought since his debut he was one of the better sellers. You could literally have this debate for ages as to whos the best seller. Hes def atop the list of current best. It isnt just the insane backflips or risk spots. Even taking punchs and kicks, or whips into the corner, or any basic move he makes it look better. Good stuff.

I'd have to say completely wrong category for Bourne. Yes he can sell, so can basically everyone else in the WWE. I'd say he is one of the best high flyer's in the business today, but being able to sell is more like a prerequisite in the WWE than anything else. You want to talk about who can sell I'll give you some names: Jeff Hardy, Edge, Randy Orton, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, C.M. Punk. Those are probably your best sellers at the moment. As mentioned the appearance of a great sell is probably more due to Bourne being so much smaller than most of his competition than anything else, although he obviously does it well. That is a tough thing to really call because of how dependent that is on a number of factors. You might wrestle a guy with a style that perfectly compliments your own and you can sell the shit out of their offense. Then have a match with someone more awkward and not look as good so I don't think you can really say "so and so is the best at this" without them having a long record of what you are trying to defend.

Evan Bourne is certainly the best at selling moves on the current WWE roster. I cringe every time he wrestles, because he always takes a huge bump, and I wonder if this is the time he actually breaks his neck. No other wrestler makes me cringe like that taking bumps.

Do you know what selling means? It means making the moves look realistic, which is precisely the opposite of what Evan Bourne does. Sure, there are a lot of undersellers and even no sellers in the WWE, but what Evan Bourne does is oversell. If someone hits a clothesline running --> that way, and Evan Bourne then does a flip <-- that way, it is not selling, it is overselling.

I have no idea who the best seller in the WWE is, but it is probably someone who gets in a leg lock and then starts to sell limping for the rest of the match. To suggest Evan Bourne is the best seller in WWE history is ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back