Emotional moments in wrestling history

I remeber that show.Vince came out and said eddie was dead.The camera looked at the crowd and a girl was crying.I cried like hell during that show

No particular order for me.

1. RVD wins the WWECW titles at One Night Stand: I mark out for RVD. Seeing him win this title, after following the guy since the mid 90's and telling everyone that this guy was professional wrestling was an amazing feeling. I was at a Buffalo Wild Wings with a bunch of fellow old ECW'ers giving the WWE fans shit the whole night. Nothing was more satisfying then seeing RVD winning that belt.

2. Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit embrace at Wrestlemania XX. This for me, is probably the greatest moment as a fan I have ever witnessed or felt. I teared up, because I followed these guys since the early 90's, and to see to journeymen wrestlers on top at the end of the WWE's biggest pay per view ever, priceless. Unlike some, this moment hasn't lost any significance to me.

3. Sting vs. Flair, one last time: It was a sad night. Sure, WCW was in the shitter for a good long while. That being said, you had to watch when it was announced it would be Sting vs. Flair. These two encompassed everything that was WCW. With all of the Hogans, Goldberg, NWO, all of that garbage, it came down to the two men that were that company more then anyone. The Embrace at the end is still emotional to this day. Truly an end of an era that will never be replicated.

4. The Deadman returns at WMXX: The Undertaker is probably my personal favorite of all time. Ever since he joined the WWE when I was ten, I was latched onto this guy. If RVDgurl is RVDgurl, then I am Takerguy. I enjoyed the American Bad Ass and thought it was necessary, but to hear the bells and the man come back out with the deadman persona was amazing. MSG ate it up. WMXX is probably the greatest wrestling event ever in my opinion.

5. WM 7, Career vs. Career, Savage vs. Warrior: Not much of a warrior fan, but I loved Savage. It was crazy to see Ms. Elizabeth run into the ring at the end and take down Sherri. To see those two get back together at the apparent end of Savage's career was awesome.

6. Shawn Michaels returns at Summerslam 2002. How awesome was that. How the WWE fucked up the booking and didn't make that match the main event was beyond me. Michaels vs. Helmsley was a match 5 years in the making, and much bigger then the main event. I never thought I would see Michaels wrestle again, and was marking out to see him return. Not only was Michaels good, he was incredibly great in that match, and he got the win. With as much as a high as it was, Triple H's sledge shot at the end got you equally as pissed. Triple H was so damn good back in the day.

7. The Horsemen reunion on Nitro: This was badass. Just knowing all of the backstage shit that went on, and to see Flair come back out was crazy. Typical of WCW after 97, they fucked this up and buried the angle. Damn you WCW.

8. Any of the WWE tribute shows. I think the one that hit me hardest was Benoit, but the Owen and Eddie shows were equally well done. It sucks that it takes a tragic situation within the business to have the WWE actually put on a good quality Raw anymore.

There are tons more, I can keep coming up with them, but i think most people hit on the big ones.

I think all of this is going to be trumped for me when the Undertaker finally takes that last walk down the aisle way, and looks back one last time. I think what will be special about that, is because he's never come back from retirement yet like so many others, and I don't think he's going to be one that makes multiple comebacks. I think when the deadman goes, he will be gone for good. It will be a huge moment for me.

I think you'd have to agree with all the tribute shows, especially Owen for me, if we are talking saddest. However, I'm looking at two moments for me that were emotional but in a different way. The first being the night Jericho beat HHH for the WWF title in the first match of the night on Raw. It was a shocking moment that no one expected, and even though it got overturned by the end of the commercial it still made you jump out of your seat and not believe your eyes before that.
The second for me was just being in attendance at WMX8 for the Hogan-Rock match. The whole ride up all I kept talking about was that I couldn't believe I was getting to see Hogan at Mania, it was lost on the people I went with, I have been watching wrestling since the first Mania and my friends that I went with were younger than me and their first WM was 10(the first without Hogan). So the didn't really understand the significance until the match started. That crowd was just so pumped up for that match and all the yelling and screaming I did left me emotionally drained after the match. I'll never forget that day

Some of the best emotional moments have already been posted so I will say something different. One of my personal moments was when Eddie beat Brock for the WWE Championship at No Way Out looking at the match on paper anyone would of said that Eddie would be another job for Brock just like the Undertaker was but WWE for once fooled me. I honestly jumped out of my chair when Eddie won I was so happy for Eddie looking at him jump in the crowd celebrating I just had to thank Goldberg.

This has already been mentioned, but the Eddie tribute show has got to be the most emotional RAWs of all time. And also the night on Nitro when the 4 horsemen reunited and Ric Flair came out and said "I'm almost embarresed by the reception..." and you can just see and feel the emotion pouring out of him, and on another Ric Flair moment, on the Ric Flair DVD it has an extra from when after a match, the whole lockeroom comes out for an impromtu Ric Flair Night, again, you can see and feel that momemt.

Some of the best emotional moments have already been posted so I will say something different. One of my personal moments was when Eddie beat Brock for the WWE Championship at No Way Out looking at the match on paper anyone would of said that Eddie would be another job for Brock just like the Undertaker was but WWE for once fooled me. I honestly jumped out of my chair when Eddie won I was so happy for Eddie looking at him jump in the crowd celebrating I just had to thank Goldberg.

Just thought I'd let you know that I posted that moment is well, on the very same page as yours in fact. I figured i should tell you beacause your intention was to post something different.

I have a few.

The first one was the end of WCW. I'd been watching that company for 5 years, and they got me into wrestling. I lost interest around early 2000, due to terribe storylines and sub-par wrestling. I almost drew tears when two of my all time favourites, Sting and Ric Flair, wrestled for the last time.

Another was Guerrero and Benoit celebrating at Wrestlemania 20. I'd followed them both closely since 1997, and I was so happy they both won the big one. I remember ordering that PPV with some friends. It was a very emotional night.

The Benoit tribute show as another one. I actually cried a few times through it. Very emotional stuff, and seeing people such as Edge, Austin and Triple H talk about how great he was was a nice thing to see.

No doubt I'll get emotional when finally, Ric Flair is inducted into the Hall Of Fame. Those packages always get me emotional.

For me, I can classify emotional moments by 2 things. One - I consider an emotional moment to be something that has me breaking down. Two - I consider an emotional moment to be something that has me extremely excited, beyond knowing or believing it could ever happen. Now, for my bigger emotional moments in wrestling history.

Chris Benoit Tribute Show: (Before the knowledge of HOW everything happened) I cried the whole way through the night. I couldn't hardly wrap my mind around how it could've happened, or why it happened. All I thought was it wasn't real, & it hurt. For me, this was a moment that truly hurt.. because here I am, getting extremely emotional over someone I never knew, someone I never met. And it hurt, greatly. I was a complete mess, the entire night.

Owen Hart Death: The tribute show had me on & off with tears. The breakdown of people like Mark Henry, Chyna, Jeff Jarrett & others got me into it. But the actual p.p.v. that it happened, first when it happened, & the King returned saying "It doesn't look good" it sent chills through my body, as you almost knew it was coming.. & later that same night, when The King & Jim Ross had to make the official announcement, it just sent (as it is right now, thinking about it) a huge chill & tingle throughout my body. Knowing that all the guys in the back KNEW what happened, yet they had to continue to go out & perform.

I lost a lot of respect for guys like The Rock & Steve Austin, as all they did during the tribute show, was cut "in-character" type promos/segments.. & honestly, it showed no real emotion from either guy. What sucked even worse during that time, is how several authorities questioned Jarrett's involvement with being centered around the death. THAT was screwed up!

Eddie Guerrero's Tribute Show: Just like the same result as the first two, above this.. the whole roster, standing out in "togetherness" was a showing of how strong W.W.E. is/was as a family. It made me breakdown, just because Guerrero's death was one that was never seen coming.

Post 9-11 Smackdown: In all honesty, I was never HUGE into the "coming togetherness" in Americans for this. I thought it was horrible on our end, that it'd take a national tragedy, to get us to "come together." But Lilian singing at the beginning made even ME breakdown for everything. (thats how great of a singer she must be)

EXCITMENT MOMENTS:

Shawn Michaels Return at Summerslam: For me, this was a dream come true. I wasn't huge into the internet side of wrestling until around 2000-01, & I literally read everywhere that H.B.K. was injured beyond being able to return to wrestling. So when it was announced that he'd return, if for only that one night.. to fight Triple H. I was extremely excited for this match, as it allowed me to live one more night, with the ability to see one more match, out of the man that is my all-time favorite wrestler.

Edge's first World Championship: When he cashed in & defeated John Cena. I never seen it coming, but when McMahon announced that the night wasn't over, it instantly hit me. And when Edge came out, I went absolutely as nuts & crazed as a goofy little wrestling mark could've. Edge is right below, if not equal now, to what Shawn Michaels has always been to me. So this was a big moment for ME, to see Edge realize this type of goal in his career.

It was one of the biggest moments for me to watch, & 3 weeks later, one of the worst. This same issue can apply later in 2006, when Edge won the Championship again, only to lose it, again, to Cena in Edge's hometown. (that made me breakdown too)

Sid Vicious breaking his leg: This was pure shock. I literally didn't believe it. I kept rewinding & rewinding, just to watch over & over, as I didn't know if it was real, or fake. When I found out it was real, now, everytime I see it.. I shiver, just because the amount of pain that had to instantly course through his body must of been unbelieveable.

when chris benoit and eddie guerrero both won the championship and they came out at the end of the night and celebrated,when bret hart was inducted to the hall of fame and he told all the great stories especially the ones about owen, also during the invasion when classie freddie blassie was in the locker room motivating the wwe superstars and undertaker gave a speech also

The Owen Hart death was the one that got me the most. also the one for Eddie Guerrero's death also.

But as far as matchs go, The British Bulldog vs. Bret Hart for the IC title in england. That was the coolest moment ever. the only moment that passes that is the match of Bret Hart vs. Chris Beniot after Owen passed away, that was the only time I choose WCW over WWE was to see that match. Best match ever, NOTHING but emotion!

I haven't been watching wrestling that much, only about 6 months, but i do have to say on Raw last night, when stone cold came out with that beer truck it just blew my mind...i was so pumped, jumping all over the place

Probably the most emotional moment in wrestling to me was the Eddie Guerrero tribute show. That was quite touching, and he was so deserving. I will always love Eddie's passion that he brought into the ring, and his undying good-nature outside of it, also!

R.I.P-Eddie Guerrero

For me it has got to be the Eddie Guerrero tribute RAW.I cried so hard during nthe video tributes to him and then the speeches by Benoit, Show. Rey and Chavo added to it as well.

Probably the most emotional moment for me was this years' Slammiversary PPV when Jeff Jarrett found the courage to collect himself enough for an interview segment about TNA. Coming on the heels of the death of his wife, it brought me to tears. However, it also shed some light on the passion that Jeff and his family have for the wrestling business. I have a newfound respect for Jarrett and all that he and his family have done to help TNA grow and continue to grow in the future.

The notorious night Mick Foley won the title from the Rock on Raw when nitro gave the results earlier. No one is a lesser Mick Foley fan then me and even I had chills when he won the belt. Also when the Rock came out to finally confront Hogan for the first time. Only a wrestling fan who followed both companies would understand what it was like just to see those two face to face in the ring for the first time.

Def all of the tribute shows for the fallen wrestlers were very emotional, Owen, Eddie, and Benoit were all tear jerker’s.. One Emotional event for me for a diff reason was also very exciting...The night when ECW reformed on Raw and all the former ECw guys turned on the WWE guys and RVD and Dreamer Debuted on Raw ...F'n Goosebumps Man.. Hayman telling Ross that he wanted the WWE to feel this Moment..Classic

The loss of Owen Hart was very emotional for me. But I choose to focus on good times and my number one emotional moment was when Randy Savage and Miss Elizabeth were married at Summerslam. It was a beautiful ceremony and even though I was a child at the time I couldn't help but cry.

Def all of the tribute shows for the fallen wrestlers were very emotional, Owen, Eddie, and Benoit were all tear jerker’s.. One Emotional event for me for a diff reason was also very exciting...The night when ECW reformed on Raw and all the former ECw guys turned on the WWE guys and RVD and Dreamer Debuted on Raw ...F'n Goosebumps Man.. Hayman telling Ross that he wanted the WWE to feel this Moment..Classic

i actually agree with everything you said the best fued in past 5yrs i say had to be the ecw return's i will never forget the raw when wwe superstars in the ring and they were like we are the best ones and that paul cant do anything about it.

and dudlyz music hits and paul and them came out and mcmahon with them (wwe) were like is that all you got and than like all ecw guys came out (sandman , dreamer, rhyno, sabu etc..)

i still have it recorded happened early 06 i think ?

for me it would be whenever i saw one of those wwe desire videos, they just showed you the business's highs and lows and with that creed song in the backgorund, i believe its called my sacrifice. that for me almost brought a tear to the eye everytime

another kinda random one was when angle came back after mania 19, around just before summerslam. he was just so happy to be back, and the crowd popped like a mother fucker. they were still chanting "YOU SUCK" but did so affectionately. then after the music, angle was still basking in the love fest, so he yelled "PLAY MY MUSIC!" and he dropped down to the mat, and was laying on his back dancing while the crowd chanted "YOU SUCK!" only in the world of wrestling can a moment like that be construed as a happy, touching moment

when the brooklyn brawler got his first win against triple h...i think but it was a big win

the rockers split

and when i found out the other undertakers and kanes were phoneys

for me, it was Eddies tribute show, i remember in 2004, when i started to watch wrestling full on (before that i really only watched WM), he was the guy that made me turn on Smackdown every thursday, and i remember my little sister and I in our living room, during the tribute show, watching the TV, when the bell was ringing, and my sister broke out into tears, and when The "Hurt" tribute vid came on, i started crying, i cryed softly until the first match... it was very emotional, not ever going to see Eddie again...

1. Chris Benoit finally winning the big one. Finally after 18 years and Benoit grabbing that brass ring but everytime it was pulled from him for some reason this time he grabbed and he held on tight and wasn't letting go. Sitting there on the edge of my seat with HHH in the crossface and waiting for him to tap and the second his hand hit the mat to tap I jumped of my seat and was screaming like a little girl lol. Great moment for me.

2. Ric Flair retiring WOW how emotional you would think someone just died and in a way I guess someone did. To see all the guys from the past along with all the current WWE roster all out there for one person was just amazing. Its amazing how many people Flair touched and how many people got into wrestling because of watching Flair.

3. OK I dont know where I was prior to WCW's last Nitro but I had no idea that was the last Nitro beforehand. When it came on I thought it was just like any other Nitro, but then I seen Vince on WCW TV and I was like what in the world and then when he was talking about that he bought WCW I was shocked. Then when I seen the video package of WCW through the years it was sad because I started watching WCW before I watched WWE so that is what I had started with.

Pretty much the most emotional moments for me is the death of Owen hart at Over the edge 1999. The moment you see The close up of Jim Ross And JErry The King LAwler and Jim Ross say the Owen hart just died at the hospital made me cried and i was a emotional wreck for a month after that even. Even to this day every time i watch the show, i can't help it, i got to cried.

Another one emotional moments for me happen a couple of years back when La resistance won the tag team titles from Chris Benoit and Edge at the bell Centre in montreal. Just to see Sylvan Grenier's expression and heard the crowd reaction after this was just awesome.

I spend a lot of time on Youtube looking at old clips and for me, the Mark out/emotional moments are:

1) ECW joins the WCW invasion: man oh man the best bit of writing WWF television has seen. NOONE saw this coming and watching this moment back again sends shivers down the spine. RVD and Dreamer's invasion, the "WWF" guys coming to save the day, then turning around and decimating Y2J and Kane. Then RVD delivering the Van Daminator to Y2J and Dreamer with the Dreamer Driver to Kane, while Heyman "shoots" on JR and The Invasion,then the old ECW music playing..WOW!

2)Benoit & Eddie at WMXX - Don't want to say much about it, for a multitude of reasons, but at the time of Eddie's death, coupled with the "Here without you" song, that moment was just pure emotion!

3)RAW is Owen. Every tribute was awesome and emotional. Mark Henry's, HHH's, Stone Cold's and The Road Dogg's seem to stick out for me for some reason

4)Flair's retirement. So tastefully done by the WWE IMO. From the HOF induction, to the match at 'Mania, to the final send off the night after 'Mania

5) The Smackdown after 9/11. The 1st major public sporting event after 9/11 for me set the precedent for the rest of the USA for showing that they were not scared.

None of these were in order and I could probably think of more if given another minute!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back