Elijah Burke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cone Stold Steve Austin

Dark Match Winner
Well TNA has signed former WWE star Elijah Burke

How do you guys think he'll turn out to be down there, will TNA utilize him correctly & will he have success???

How will he make his debut & whom can he have great feuds with???

"will TNA utilize him correctly"

No. They won't. And if the assumption that Borash's "No 'elijah burke' won't be in TNA" is of any indication, then they're possibly giving him another name. Which is a fucking stupid idea. Elijah Burke is a unique name that sounds good. So right off the bat, they've got it wrong.

Burke's great, Ken Anderson has potential. And they're both potential stars, but not in the hands of TNA. Who aren't even able to utilize the stars they get that were in WWE/WCW, let alone making their own stars.

I personally think that TNA will utilize Burke decent. He will probably be in the X-Division and win the title then, go into some tag team of some sort until he finally fades into the TNA darkness. Basically, he will probably not go to far in TNA unless they plan to throw him in the MEM or the other stable they have.

I think it's great that TNA finally signed him. I don't know why WWE let him go in the first place. He's entertaining and has a unique look.

Hopefully they'll utilize him well. They'll have to let him be himself and give him mic time. And no, she should absolutely not be involved in any MEM angle. Not everyone needs to be involved, especially those who don't fit there. Burke is a cocky, young, entertaining guy...let him shine.

As for his name...I don't know. TNA has a habit of giving people terrible names, though that has mainly been with the Knockouts. I could see them naming him something like "Justin Flash" or "Jason Action" - they love adding stupid last names (Alissa FLASH, VELVET SKY, Angleina LOVE etc...). As far as I know, Burke is his real name so I don't know why they would change it. This whole idea of ownership over someones name over, especially if you are GAINING someone who was a previously known wrestler. I have a feeling they're going to drop the ball on his name.

I can see Burke going far in TNA.First in the X Division then maybe in a tag team.with all the older talent they have you never know who's going to retire.so maybe Burke will eventually get his shot at the ME.

y burke is a good wrestler he wont be used and he wont add anytbing special to the TNA product. they have plenty of wrestlers with talent they are just too oppsessed with the MEM and the use of older wrestlers to try and gain a name for them selves. if they actually develope and make the x division and tagteam division important than he and other wrestler could have a place. but with the MEM dominating everything that TNA does the only chance he has is joining lashley against the mafia. i mean really y is samoa joe and tazz even with the mafia y are they not on their own. y does the mafia have to be involved with the tagteam division and now the knockouts?? it really takes away from the other wresters when you have a group dominating the entire company.

I don't see Burke being anything more than a contender in the X Division for a bit, then having small tag team fueds. I personally like the guy, and I think he could be a big player if utilized correctly, but in TNA, I really don't see that happening. I personally wish WWE would have kept him but I guess thats all hypothetical now.

cant see anything special happening with him in the near future. burke didnt achieve anything in wwe and i cant say hes been missed despite his 'unique look' as some have put it. he wont be a big star in tna this side of 2010 so maybe one for the future.

as for his name.... wrestlers have changed gimmicks since the dawn of time. whos to say he didnt request it?

Poor Elijah. He was Vince McMahon's poster boy for the new ecw, got decent heat, and had a ton of potential, then he was released. Now he'll go to tna, and i imagine have a run akin to Jethro Holliday's (Trevor Murdoch for those keeping score) where its been a while since his WWE run, and many people will have forgotten him. i really hope he gets his head above water and does really well in tna, but their "talent" pool is already deep with main event guys like Angle, Sting, Foley, Nash, the rest of the MEM, AJ, and as we can all tell the ever coming soon Ken Anderson, not to mention the recent debut of Bobby Lashley. Even if Tna has something good for Burke, chances are he'll get lost in the shuffle as so many do in TNA

i agree with the majority. i feel burke will get lost in the shuffle. tna has had very questionable booking in my opinoin. they seem to fall in and out of love with guys very easily. we will prolly see burke make a grand entrance, get 2 squash matches on impact, then prolly win one of their x gauntlet matches at a ppv. from there he'll fade away because he dosent fit into the mem storyline. i wuld personally like to see him get involved for the x division title and possibly have a feud with eric young for the belt. burke was a golden gloves winner, why not push that aspect to help push him being an american athlete.

i still can't believe that the wwe dropped the ball on burke. he imo should have had an ecw title run and then been drafted to either smackdown or raw. in the begining of the new ecw, burke, punk, and morrison kept that show afloat. granted they wrestled each other what felt like 100x, but u culd see that burke was just as comfortable on the mic as he was in the ring. he just needed a different feud to show more in-depth character. i always thought a good feud for him would have been to go against jeff hardy or rey mysterio. i think they would have given him a great forum to wrestle, and to give some great promos. but o well, in didnt happen then, and at least for the short term future it dosent look like its gonna happen either.

I Dont really judge people if they do something bad such as becoming a heel. i depend on their skills and passion for the wwe or tna. for elijah burke, he had a good career in ecw, he had some hard kicks though!:banghead: Him in tna is a good choice for him and the company. i want to see him have feuds with with eric young and people such as aj styles, abyss, and some people of the M.E.M such as like booker t or kurt angle. this is radical!:)

I can see Burke attaining some success in TNA. Certainly has the tools for it. Burke has always been a decent speaker on the mic, which he showed during the days of the new breed. Which should play a key role to his success in TNA. If given the chance, i think Burke could make a name for himself in TNA. Reminds me of Christian a bit when he was on his way to TNA. Though with the current MEM dominated TNA product, i can only see Burke having a succesful X division run.

Elijah Burke is a damn good wrestler and a damn good talent for TNA, he could do amazing things in TNA, be a top contender, be a major player.....

....but he won't, he will get lost in a already overflowing roster that already has great talent that have done great things and are doing great things. Granted he'll debut with a lot of hype and a few months of a push where he is pushed near the top, but ultimately after the novelty of his debut has worn off, he'll be down near the bottom of the ladder making sporadic apparences or becoming a jobber to the other established TNA stars, then he'll get his release in a year or so, maybe a bit longer or well leave and go back to the WWE, were he will languish again in the mid-card for a few more years, then we will no longer hear of Elijah Burke. It's happening to frequently now with new stars, unless they can make a huge impact and stay at the top.

im not having a go at anyone but use guys need to stop thinking that hes going to fail i think he will great but i dont think he will do that great as what use guys have said he will be the X division champ and i think he will be the top guy in the X division he has good mic skills and hes a good wrestler but in my eyes i dont see him world champ but he will go great in tna is if they keep him X division or tag team.

Poor Elijah. He was Vince McMahon's poster boy for the new ecw, got decent heat, and had a ton of potential, then he was released. Now he'll go to tna, and i imagine have a run akin to Jethro Holliday's (Trevor Murdoch for those keeping score) where its been a while since his WWE run, and many people will have forgotten him. i really hope he gets his head above water and does really well in tna, but their "talent" pool is already deep with main event guys like Angle, Sting, Foley, Nash, the rest of the MEM, AJ, and as we can all tell the ever coming soon Ken Anderson, not to mention the recent debut of Bobby Lashley. Even if Tna has something good for Burke, chances are he'll get lost in the shuffle as so many do in TNA

Jethro "Trevor Murdoch" Holliday was the same person that I was thinking about. TNA is starting to be the "bring your wrestler here" overload company. Burke will probably get lost in the shuffle, after MAYBE a decent debut and start. This is really sad, because I'm really big on Burke. He has a TON of potential to do wonders, and is very innovative.

The only way I can see him possibly going past Jethro/Amazing Red status is if he gets thrown in the MEM fued as a face by siding with Lashley. It seems like The Frontline/3D is fueding with the "World Elite" faction now, so it leaves a faction to fued with the MEM. Foley/Lashley/Sting/Burke/AJ could be good opponents against MEM in an elimination tag match at a PPV.

Burke will probably end up in the X-Division or the tag division. I don't think they'll utilize him right because he really needs to establish himself unlike other guys that come in and are way over, IE Kurt Angle. Hopefully Burke will be able to develop a great character with a good gimmick and we'll get to see wether or not WWE made a mistake by releasing him.

On last nights episode of iMPACT!, a brief vignette aired promoting Elijah Burke's new character, "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero. It was noted that he's "coming" on August 16th, which is when the Hard Justice pay-per-view takes place.

So Burke, an IWC favorite will finally be making his debut on TNA, and he's going to be doing the pope gimmick that he started in WWE(but was never put on TV with).

I'm not a big fan of the name D'Angelo Dinero, it sounds funny but TNA has never been the best at creating names so I'll get over it. It's going to be super interesting to see where Burke is put, personally I think he could breath new life into the X Division. I'm also interesting to see what his character is about.

With that said this is Burke's chance to either make it or break it. While he had many supporters, he also had alot of vocal critics who found nothing special about him. They called him boring, uncharismatic, and just bland. So this will be the test to see if he can really prove all the haters wrong and become a star in TNA. I hope he does, because too me he's a great package just ready to be nourished.

D'Angelo Dinero? Eh, could be worse. Funnily if you altered his name to Angelo Nero and switched the order to Nero Angelo he'd be "the Dark Angel" which would still fit with the Pope gimmick and make it a tad more intimidating. I'm still interested to see what they do with him.

Well according to Wrestling Edge, Burke's new name will be “The Pope” D’Angelo Dinero. This apparently aired on iMPACT! but I guess I missed it.

I really don't see the need to change peoples names anymore. This isn't the early 90s where you relied heavily on your gimmick. These days a lot of guys just use their name. The whole idea of creating a "name" so you can own it bothers me. I guess I'll live with it, it's just rather irritating.

Not too excited for Burke in TNA. I know that he's talented and is pretty good on the mic, but I don't think he'll do much in TNA. There are just too many wreslters and too much going on for him to do anything of significance at the moment. At best I see him as a mid carder who may be able to stick around for awhile becuase of an interesting gimmick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back