Eddie Guererros Best Match Ever!!

Ruthless-RKO

F*ck Friends, Rather die wiv ma AK!
Latino Heat Eddie Guererro.. He had a good career and was just a lovely jubbly guy.. He had some good matches in WCW and good matches in the WWE and also in Mexico, ECW etc..

Simple Question: What would you say was his best match ever??

I'm going to choose his match from No Way Out 2004 vs Brock Lensar for the WWE Championship.. He won his first world title and this match had me on the edge of my seat... I enjoyed the match from the start to finish, and the ending was perfection.. It may not have been a WrestleMania moment, but it was still an Eddie Guererro moment!

Honourable Mentions

• SummerSlam 2004 vs Kurt Angle
  • No Mercy 2005 vs Batista (World Heavuweight title) (This was before he died) :(
  • SummerSlam 2005 vs Rey Mysterio for Custody of Dominick (Okay, Dominick aside, this was a good ladder match)
  • WrestleMania XX vs Kurt Angle (WWE Champion)
  • WrestleMania 21 vs Rey Mysterio - Great opener!
  • Vengeance 2003 vs Chris Benoit for vacant US title
  • WWE Great American Bash 2004 vs JBL (WWE Title - Texas Bullrope match)
  • WCW Nitro 97' vs Chris Benoit - Great match!!!! (Cruiserwright champion)
  • WCW Halloween Havoc 1997 vs Rey Mysterio - Mask vs Title
There are just too many..

But what would you say??

Kind of funny, people would think Eddie's best match was in ECW, WWE, or WCW. But his best match was actually in AAA. This match in AAA made him extremely famous, every wrestling company in the world wanted him, literally. Even New Japan and All Japan. Like what I said on the Chris Benoit best match thread, both Eddie & Chris Benoit's best match is what defined them. Chris Benoit vs Great Sasuke in New Japan gave him international fame! Eddie Guerrero and Art Barr vs Octagon and El Santo 2 Out Of 3 falls tag team match! The match was fast paced and everything, it was Hair vs Masks, Eddie and Art Barr didn't have the masks. Like I said, a lot of wrestling companies wanted him AND ART BARR. Whatever happened to Art Barr? He died of a suspected aneurysm which upset me back in the days, because Eddie never got to tag another great match with him again. Some could argue that Art Barr would've been better than Eddie Guerrero.

Kind of funny, people would think Eddie's best match was in ECW, WWE, or WCW. But his best match was actually in AAA. This match in AAA made him extremely famous, every wrestling company in the world wanted him, literally. Even New Japan and All Japan. Like what I said on the Chris Benoit best match thread, both Eddie & Chris Benoit's best match is what defined them. Chris Benoit vs Great Sasuke in New Japan gave him international fame! Eddie Guerrero and Art Barr vs Octagon and El Santo 2 Out Of 3 falls tag team match! The match was fast paced and everything, it was Hair vs Masks, Eddie and Art Barr didn't have the masks. Like I said, a lot of wrestling companies wanted him AND ART BARR. Whatever happened to Art Barr? He died of a suspected aneurysm which upset me back in the days, because Eddie never got to tag another great match with him again. Some could argue that Art Barr would've been better than Eddie Guerrero.

First offdude this thread is obviously about peoples opinion nd what match they thought was his best not what you tell us is. If you think thats his best match good for you it was most likely great.

Anyways my all time fav match was Rey vs Eddy atHalloween Havoc. THIS MATCH WAS CRAZY the spots were very over the top and it just had me on the edge of my seat from start to finish. Obviously I like most of the other people watching wanted Mysterio to win coz Eddie played such a good heel.

I'm going to go with his No Holds Barred Match against Edge on Smackdown. There entire rivalry was great, but that final match really stood out to me as his best performance. He played a great heel that could back up what he said and the fans honored him for his efforts with a long standing ovation. It is extremely rare to see a heel getting that kind of applause from the crowd, but he totally deserved it.

Eddie Guerrero is simply one of the best mexican-american wrestlers to ever compete in the WWE. That being said I think some of his absolute greatest matches ever consist of the following.

1. No Way Out 2004 with Brock Lesnar. Obviously he won the world title at this event but the actual match was excellent and the finish made people go wow. Even though I hate Brock Lesnar, I'll give him credit for making Eddie look good on this night.

2. His second best match was at Summerslam 2005 in a Ladder Match with Rey Mysterio. Til this day I honestly believe one of the greatest Ladder Matches in the history of wrestling. The story was great, the athletes were great and Eddie pulled off a great heel turn duriing this time. Awesome match and I think one of the best of his career.

His string of matches with Kurt Angle, Rey Mysterio, JBL, RVD, Lesnar, all were great, but for his GREATEST, I'm gonna have to go with Vs Brock Lesnar at No Way Out 2004. Great build up, great emotion, great wrestling, great storytelling, great characters, just a perfect match.

My favorite was his match against Brock Lesnar at No Way Out 2004 because at that time, I was a huge Eddie fan, but never actually thought he would beat Brock so when he hit the Frog Splash and won the WWE Title, it was probably my favorite moment to go along with his best match.

I'm going to agree with the vs. Lesnar match. One of my favourite matches he's had. Both spectacular athletes going at it. Classic. You could also put that match he had against RVD on RAW in a ladder match for IC title. That was also exciting to see. But other than that, Eddie Guerrero vs Brock Lesnar seems like one of the best.

I'm going to go with his No Holds Barred Match against Edge on Smackdown. There entire rivalry was great, but that final match really stood out to me as his best performance. He played a great heel that could back up what he said and the fans honored him for his efforts with a long standing ovation. It is extremely rare to see a heel getting that kind of applause from the crowd, but he totally deserved it.

Nice pick dude. I loved that match. I caught it again on the Best of Smackdown DVD I watched the other day and I had forgotten how good it was. That sunset flip powerbomb from Eddie was hit better than any I can remember, and he took a stunning Edgecution from the top of the ladder to end the match. Some big bumps, some great wrestling from two of the best in the business at that time.

This may not be Eddies BEST match, but I think its one of his most enjoyable. But then again, almost every Eddie Guerrero match was great

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back